• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xur is laughing at your optimism.

On that note, I haven't found anything useful for motes of light yet. Currently have 240 stashed up. I have the cloaks and exotic gear I want, so I'm not gambling them with Xur. I might hit 400+ by the end of the year at this rate.

You can get some of the best weapons in the game by rolling the iron banner guns with the right perks. Definitely a worthwhile Mote sink if you can be bothered to get the weapons in the first place. I know a lot of people don't play much or any PvP.

Anyone have a couple weeklies they want to plow through tonight?

I've got at least 2, maybe all 3 left. Wouldn't even bother unless there was a Gaf team for it :p

shanafan

Did my first raid last night ;) Ran Vault of Glass with my buddy and a group that he raids with. Was a fun experience for sure. The Templar boss battle felt more difficult than the final boss, but maybe it was just the group that I was with. I didn't understand the maze through the caverns that we traversed. I was wondering who programmed this maze.. lol

They didn't tell me about the disappearing rock formations until I realized this was like Mega Man style of jumping.

All in all, good time. I picked up the white shader from the end boss.

Deku Tree

I'm not spending any more motes until HoW.

When that comes around I'm going to buy all the exotic engrams I can get my hands on!

It will be the easiest way to get HoW quality exotics IMO.

You can get some of the best weapons in the game by rolling the iron banner guns with the right perks. Definitely a worthwhile Mote sink if you can be bothered to get the weapons in the first place. I know a lot of people don't play much or any PvP.

You might know this... I may play to get the Sniper, but I guess it won't be for sale, and I can't "win" it until the higher levels. Right? What are the potential rolls, and what is considered the best roll for the Sniper?

Did my first raid last night ;) Ran Vault of Glass with my buddy and a group that he raids with. Was a fun experience for sure. The Templar boss battle felt more difficult than the final boss, but maybe it was just the group that I was with. I didn't understand the maze through the caverns that we traversed. I was wondering who programmed this maze.. lol

They didn't tell me about the disappearing rock formations until I realized this was like Mega Man style of jumping.

Ahh Chatterwhite. Everyone's favorite shader for like a week back in September, haha. That's awesome that you had a good time, I'm always happy yo hear of good first VoG experiences.

When that comes around I'm going to buy all the exotic engrams I can get my hands on!

Yeah that's smart. I'm pretty tapped out on Motes from rolling (and failing) my 3 Timurs, then buying helmet engrams a week before he sold Saint helm.

-_- oh well.

Xur is laughing at your optimism.

On that note, I haven't found anything useful for motes of light yet. Currently have 240 stashed up. I have the cloaks and exotic gear I want, so I'm not gambling them with Xur. I might hit 400+ by the end of the year at this rate.

Gamble with Xur, you will get plenty of new pieces and a handful of Shards.

Unless you plan on blowing them on a perfect Iron Banner weapon roll.

Messiek

Turned 22 today DGAF. Hoping this mean I will get some good luck on my side with RNG today.

Happy Birthday! I hope you get everything you want, on Destiny and in Life : )

Yup , That's my plan as well.
Bungie should start teasing HoW already.

border

No Ghaleon's Demise on sale for the new Iron Banner?

I guess I'm almost glad there isn't something that could tempt me back into the Crucible.

You might know this... I may play to get the Sniper, but I guess it won't be for sale, and I can't "win" it until the higher levels. Right? What are the potential rolls, and what is considered the best roll for the Sniper?

Supposed to be only the shotgun and scout rifle that can drop during matches (traditionally it's the two weapons that were sold last time).

Whenever the sniper comes back, for PvE I'd think Rodeo + Field Scout + Outlaw would be best, with either Arc or Void since BHam is Solar and also has highest sniper damage in the game. For PvP, Void (Thorn bounty) with Unflinching + FS or Perfect Balance (since they ruined Armor Piercing) + Final Round.

grief

Anyone up for 2 Nightfalls on PS4? I always hate going to LFG but it's so hard to find people outside of Tuesday to do them...

a good idea

i couldn't resist buying helmet engrams tho

only two exotic armors I'm missing is mask of the third man and apotheosis veil

Lnkn52

Is the sniper rifle supposed to be in IB tomorrow? I REALLY need a Void one. Only one I have is Praedyth's Revenge.

These are from Megaman:

ii5Nd8g.jpg

No Ghaleon's Demise on sale for the new Iron Banner?

I guess I'm almost glad there isn't something that could tempt me back into the Crucible.

Is the sniper rifle supposed to be in IB tomorrow? I REALLY need a Void one. Only one I have is Praedyth's Revenge.

Sadly no and no. Supposed to be AR and MG to buy, shotty and SR as random drops.

So you could still get Ghaleons but it probably won't have the perfect perks of last IB's vendor version and it's purely up to RNG after you hit rank 3.

jaaz

I can't believe its only mid-March and we've got what looks like a solid 2 more months or more until the HoW expansion. There's just about nothing left for me to do in this game. I want a reason to log on more often and play, but it just isn't there. How Bungie could have expected the existing content to last so long is beyond me. What a squandered opportunity.

I just need flawless for the platinum... if anyone is doing it tonight, I'd like to give it a shot.

I want to do the flawless run, kinda missed black's group and they made it. Thats the one trophy I need to get the platinum (and the savage one)

I'd be down for a FL run sometime. I still haven't done that yet.

I am good to try for a flawless whenever. Got the rest of the afternoon off as well as tomorrow afternoon.

I'd be up for it, it's the last trophy I need to get my first real platinum (I have one for the walking dead).

That'd be 6 there. Of course if Kor or someone who still needs it wanted to they could take my place. But I'm happy to Sherpa as well. I'm EST but usually around at weird hours anyway. Are some people GMT or other wacky time zones? We could do it anytime soonish or wait until later tonight or some other day. Whatever works for people's schedules.

I can upload an edited video of our flawless run the other day if people wanted to see it (abyss solo and sword kill perspective).Sadly I didn't save most of the bridge and Share Factory wouldn't let the video go over 15 min anyway. So it's ~5 min abyss solo, ~2 min for start and end of bridge, ~2 min Shrieker hall, 3 min DSinger (cleanup edited out), and 3 min for 2-sword Crota. Nothing special but has the basic strats.

the auto rifle is junk.. i had it drop 2 iron banners ago.. really low impact, which is weird considering all the other IB weapons seem to have the highest impact of their type

that MG looks pretty sick tho

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Congrats!
You aren't alone in that sentiment. I also feel the primary purpose of NF is to get the XP boost. Loot is just a bonus. I think that is how Bungie intended it to be, but it was never clearly presented that way.

I missed out on a lot of NF's pre TDB because I thought it was just an overly hard mission with a small chance at an exotic so I blew it off. I didn't even know about the XP boost until probably mid-November. I wish it was better advertised because I missed out on a lot. Partly my fault for being gun shy with trying new things in my limited play time, but still.
Yeah it's not particularly clear since Radiant Light isn't listed in the director screen rewards anyway. But very little guidance is ever given to the player in terms of priority, it's all just left to be worked out

There's a big hit of XP at the moment of completion (never checked what it was exactly, but try to use stuff you want to level for the boss)
Radiant Light (+25% XP/reputation until reset)
500 Vanguard/equipped rep
15 Vanguard marks
and whatever you happen to get from the random roll

so I always considered it pretty good, but I know it comes down to the fact that I view the above as the reward for a successful completion, not the reason for attempting a Nightfall in the first place. I can understand if you're only doing it for the potential of getting something specifically and tangibly useful in terms of loot it feels very inadequate.

Deku Tree

a good idea

i couldn't resist buying helmet engrams tho

only two exotic armors I'm missing is mask of the third man and apotheosis veil

I might keep buying motes if I was in your shoes. MotTM and Apotheosis Veil are two of the best exotics in the game for HM Scrota. Of course if you get a helmet with infusion to drop then that's just as good as MotTM at least and partially as good as Apotheosis Veil (and "good enough" for HM Scrota).

border

That'd be 6 there. Of course if Kor or someone who still needs it wanted to they could take my place. But I'm happy to Sherpa as well. I'm EST but usually around at weird hours anyway. Are some people GMT or other wacky time zones? We could do it anytime soonish or wait until later tonight or some other day. Whatever works for people's schedules.

I would have to do it in the next 1-2 hours if it were to be today.

For tomorrow, anytime after 2PM EST, and preferably before 8PM (St. Patrick's Day celebration happening in the evening).

If I'm the odd man out thought I don't mind hopping on the sideline and waiting for another group to form.

Jolder's Hammer is a machine gun, and one of my absolute favorites in the game.

Ekkk, my mind slipped. Corrected my op.

Impala26

Oh shoot another Destiny scrub and Raid virgin like myself... well, former virgin anyway.

You on the Xbox my friend? *stalks your profile page*
I could use some similarly scrub tier Destiny friends myself.

123rl

Oh shoot another Destiny scrub and Raid virgin like myself... well, former virgin anyway.

You on the Xbox my friend? *stalks your profile page*
I could use some similarly scrub tier Destiny friends myself.

I'm a Raid scrub...add me, be my friend etc.

Gamertag is rlench

Sadly no and no. Supposed to be AR and MG to buy, shotty and SR as random drops.

So you could still get Ghaleons but it probably won't have the perfect perks of last IB's vendor version and it's purely up to RNG after you hit rank 3.

So it is supposed to be a possible drop then huh? I can deal with that.

I got lucky with a Vanguard void LDR from a rank up once. It replaced my Queen's guard one.

The game keeps giving me arc snipers. Considering how good the vendor LDR is, it's the least one I'm in need of. Every once in a while I'll get a solar, but never void.

I missed the discussion here on possible AUDIO/VIDEO options coming to Destiny...what are you guys expecting, realistically?

I think that's super exciting and cannot wait to see what Bungie allows us to do. I'm hoping to hide HUD and silence music and voice. Extra cool stuff would be the option to play in third person ;p

I would have to do it in the next 1-2 hours if it were to be today.

For tomorrow, anytime after 2PM EST, and preferably before 8PM (St. Patrick's Day celebration happening in the evening).

If I'm the odd man out thought I don't mind hopping on the sideline and waiting for another group to form.

Ok sounds like timing might be off for everyone today but I'll hang around the thread just in case a group forms now, or if people want to do it later. We'll make sure you get it eventually.

Sullichin

I missed the discussion here on possible AUDIO/VIDEO options coming to Destiny...what are you guys expecting, realistically?

I think that's super exciting and cannot wait to see what Bungie allows us to do. I'm hoping to hide HUD and silence music and voice. Extra cool stuff would be the option to play in third person ;p
I want to turn the ghost audio off totally, and have the fancy option of lowering in game audio

Getting a good education on IB here, never bothered to understand it before and probably never conpleted more than 10 matches ever.

I guess by the time Gheleons Demose is purchasable again it could be after HoW is released and it will be a 365 version. That would be a good incentive to grind rank 5.

Can you buy more than 1 weapon? Or is it a 1 time purchase at rank 5 per character.

I want to turn the ghost audio off totally, and have the fancy option of lowering in game audio

Playststion Gold Headset can at least adjust volume between the game and chat separately. Very nice for coop to turn the sound down or completely off.

Edit: ^Drizzay too fast on the draw for me.

Arrrammis

These are from Megaman:

ii5Nd8g.jpg

I'm not sure if I trust what Megaman digs up since last week's Xur. He datamined Xur selling no land beyond and different armor than what he actually sold, so I think Bungie might be on to his tricks (also I kinda hope they sell the 36 helm and chest instead of boots and chest, then I could have a full lvl. 32 IB set)

Rubenov

Getting a good education on IB here, never bothered to understand it before and probably never conpleted more than 10 matches ever.

I guess by the time Gheleons Demose is purchasable again it could be after HoW is released and it will be a 365 version. That would be a good incentive to grind rank 5.

Can you buy more than 1 weapon? Or is it a 1 tume purchase at rank 5 per character.

You can buy as many as you want.

If you grind this week, you may get it to drop after Rank 4

Impala26

Anything is possible with Marty no longer at Bungie!

Hahaha...haha...ha... :-/... :-(

Can you buy more than 1 weapon? Or is it a 1 tume purchase at rank 5 per character.

As many as you farm glimmer for, I always strongly recommend buying 2 of a gun you really want, especially if it was a rough grind to get. Then you can keep the first decent roll you get and roll the second one into the ground hoping for the perfect perks. Too many people have pushed their luck only to spend a bunch more Motes and end up with something worse than they had.

You can buy as many as you want.

If you grind this week, you may get it to drop after Rank 4

That would be nice to get the drop, but it is no better than Badger without Firefly.

How realistic is it to reroll Firefly if I don't care about any other perk? I only have 72 Motes right now.

Deku Tree

I just checked and I have 96,800 glimmer in my Vault.
That will let me reXurbish approx 13 exotics if they keep the current system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom