• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

stb

Worst week of NF/WH yet:
- NF1: 12 ass energy
- WH1: 1 blue engram, 2 purple engrams (one dropped from an enemy and one as a completion reward; one turned into 2 ass energy, one turned into 33 light arms for a class I don't use), 9 coins
- NF2: 11 ass energy
- WH2: 2 blue engrams, 9 coins

Just terrible. First week I've actually wondered why I bother.

The purples decoding into garbage is the salt in the wound. They drop SO rarely, for them to turn into something as useless as not just ass energy but only *2* ass energy is boggling. It's just mean.

At least with the raids I *know* I'm going to make some progress (for now): I still need rad mats for both armor and weapons.

IMO, 3 things should happen:
1) purple engrams should decode into light 33 armor for the class decoding it, 302 weapons, rad materials, or 3+ strange coins. No motes. No ass materials.
2) at least 1 purple engram should be guaranteed by NF. If you're doing NF, you don't need the XP boost, you need loot rolls.
3) rad materials should be tradeable for glimmer, exotic shards, or both.

Respect my time, Destiny, and make sure I'm always making SOME progress. Not burning ~30 minutes for a 5% chance at an exotic that I already have all but 2 of.

GhaleonEB

Worst week of NF/WH yet:
- NF1: 12 ass energy
- WH1: 1 blue engram, 2 purple engrams (one dropped from an enemy and one as a completion reward; one turned into 2 ass energy, one turned into 33 light arms for a class I don't use), 9 coins
- NF2: 11 ass energy
- WH2: 2 blue engrams, 9 coins

Just terrible. First week I've actually wondered why I bother.

The purples decoding into garbage is the salt in the wound. They drop SO rarely, for them to turn into something as useless as not just ass energy but only *2* ass energy is boggling. It's just mean.

At least with the raids I *know* I'm going to make some progress (for now): I still need rad mats for both armor and weapons.

IMO, 3 things should happen:
1) purple engrams should decode into light 33 armor for the class decoding it, 302 weapons, rad materials, or 3+ strange coins. No motes. No ass materials.
2) at least 1 purple engram should be guaranteed by NF. If you're doing NF, you don't need the XP boost, you need loot rolls.
3) rad materials should be tradeable for glimmer, exotic shards, or both.

Respect my time, Destiny, and make sure I'm always making SOME progress. Not burning ~30 minutes for a 5% chance at an exotic that I already have all but 2 of.

I run the weekly Heroics and Nightfalls because they are fun, but yeah. The rewards are decidedly paltry. I've picked up a few good legendary weapons from them, but that's about it.

I really wish Bungie would shake up the daily story missions. I'd love a really tough one, once a week. Maybe add some burns to the mix, with Epic, once a week, with a legendary engram as the reward. SOMETHING to change them up some.

Deku Tree

The queens wrath missions had like a story mission with NF epic type of element to them. And you could get good armor and weapons to drop from grinding them. Unfortunately when they first came out everyone hated them and we haven't seen them back since.

LTWood12

I go into meetings for a couple of hours, come back and everyone is telling how old they are. I'm 30, and already starting to go gray.

shermas

I'm doing Ritual of the Forsaken right now on Xbone if anyone wants to join... I don't think you can replay it and I've heard it's fun.

The queens wrath missions had like a story mission with NF epic type of element to them. And you could get good armor and weapons to drop from grinding them. Unfortunately when they first came out everyone hated them and we haven't seen them back since.

I think the issue with Queens Wrath was that it was too narrowly focused to really inly benefit players in the 23-25 range looking for one or two more legendaries to get to 26 and be Raid ready. It had little benefit to anyone outside that.

rNilla

xTiTnuDr02mCrmmaVW.gif

Deku Tree

I think the issue with Queens Wrath was that it was too narrowly focused to really inly benefit players in the 23-25 range looking for one or two more legendaries to get to 26 and be Raid ready. It had little benefit to anyone outside that.

Except it also had good weapons. People weren't as concerned about weapon variety back then... But now people grind IB just for the weapons. Queens wrath weapons were legit. Like the supremacy sniper. If the queens emissary let you re-roll the perks that would be fantastic.

Yeah it pushed many player to pass trought the lv 27 wall, because no one knew you had to spend 1 week of Vanguard rep or do factions rep

border

I think I've pretty much done everything I care to do in the game. 3 characters, one of each class, all at Level 32. I have all the raid Crota's End weapons as well as a Necrochasm and Vex Mythoclast. I have an exotic for almost every weapons type, and I think I've gotten all my favorites. I'm pretty much burnt out on Crucible.

The only things left to do would be to hump RNG for a Gjallarhorn or Fatebringer, but that just seems so hopeless and random. I've gotten everything I could conceivably hope to get from the encoutners with a limited loot table.

You'd think I would be relieved and ready to move on to another game until House of Wolves, but here I am still trying to think of other ways I can spend my time in Destiny.

the hate came after it was known you can break down queens gear for shards. which gamve poeple a reason to run after aquiring all legendary gear.

Then bungie fixed it so it doesnt break down to shards and then the hate came. I wanted the ship and sniper but was too discouraged to keep trying becuase at that time shards were pretty rare

also most folks were just reloading until the easy earth mission would pop up. I think bungie realized it needed some serious tweaking.

But I really enjoyed the bounties that came with it.

except the kill 3 fallen walkers becuase only the person with the killing blow got credit. That was pretty dumb

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone on XB1 wanna do the nightfall before the reset? I still haven't done it this week.

Hello guys... time to update my accomplishments of this weekend... it was really hard and I guessed to stop at some time but I didn't give up.

Control: 131/100
Clash: 51/100 (+26)
Savage 25/100
Skirmish 50/100 (+43)
Rumble 0/100

Yeap... I won 69 matches this weekend in Crucible... Skirmish is 10 minutes and Clash is 20 minutes... so the grind is real.

So much time to reach theses stats.

Now I need reach 100 in Clash or Skimish until late of this week... and I expect to open again Savage to reach at least 50.

Grimorie Score: 2800

If i were you i would just play a couple of matches a day. There's no need for the grinding since there really is no rush. If you grind you'll just burn yourself out. DO like 5 clash matches and 5 salvage matches per day. You'll make it in no time

:(

border

Do all the trophies?

I wouldn't mind trying for Flawless Raider -- we very nearly had it last week on a run with Memory_Of_Kor.

Hilariously enough, I doubt I would ever be able to do the Find 50 Dead Ghosts achievement. That just sounds tedious as hell.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Are Defender Titans pretty much useless in Skirmish? It's the only Crucible mode I really enjoy and I can't figure out how to play my Titan effectively in it. My Gunslinger Hunter is way more dangerous.

cilonen

I wouldn't mind trying for Flawless Raider -- we very nearly had it last week on a run with Memory_Of_Kor.

Hilariously enough, I doubt I would ever be able to do the Find 50 Dead Ghosts achievement. That just sounds tedious as hell.

Destinyghosthunter.net is your friend.

Deku Tree

the hate came after it was known you can break down queens gear for shards. which gamve poeple a reason to run after aquiring all legendary gear.

Then bungie fixed it so it doesnt break down to shards and then the hate came. I wanted the ship and sniper but was too discouraged to keep trying becuase at that time shards were pretty rare

also most folks were just reloading until the easy earth mission would pop up. I think bungie realized it needed some serious tweaking.

But I really enjoyed the bounties that came with it.

except the kill 3 fallen walkers becuase only the person with the killing blow got credit. That was pretty dumb

Yeah you would just reload until the first earth mission came up. Haha. Back then people were still stressing about ascendant materials too. Lolz.

I did the kill three fallen walker bounty on earth patrol instead of the strike. Or go into the strike with three friends and all stand together.

The number of people going hardcore for loot is something that Bungie underestimated. I don't remember the vidoc, but there was one talking about making enough content for players to log "50 to 100 hours" of game time. I think it was DeeJ that remarked that Exotics were intended to be a nice bonus and people would get a handful and be happy.

They are probably shocked at how many are going full tilt on amassing a full suite. It helps explains why the vault space is so paltry. The thirst and anxiety for Gjallarhorn, Hawkmoon among others is something they never dreamed.

Hope they can tweak the formula in the future to be a little more generous to all.

Deku Tree

There are good ghost hunter videos on the Internet. You just watch them and follow the video around the map and go where they go to get all the ghosts in the videos order. Easy. It takes 1-2 hours depending upon how many you already have... Be sure to get the ones in the IB area after tomorrow if you haven't already.

E92 M3

Except it also had good weapons. People weren't as concerned about weapon variety back then... But now people grind IB just for the weapons. Queens wrath weapons were legit. Like the supremacy sniper. If the queens emissary let you re-roll the perks that would be fantastic.

I still have my Supremacy tucked away. Wish it wasn't solar though and took forever to acquire.

stb

I run the weekly Heroics and Nightfalls because they are fun... *snip*

Are you still going to say that tomorrow after Arc/Angry/Lightswitch Omnigul? =)

The run up to the bosses is generally fun for most of the people posting here because we have the content absolutely memorized and are generally "overpowered" by having the best weapons for each slot for every burn.

... but the NF boss fights are literally designed to be plinkfests from a hidey-hole, with 2 notable exceptions where the exact opposite (absolute face-roll) is true:
1) rainbow priest
2) arc Sepiks
... and only then if your team includes at least one titan.

I'm of the opinion that Bungie should feel bad about this. If they're going to make me suffer the stick of this flawed design week after week, they should at least have the rewards be my carrot. Not more stick; or worse, more stick that looks like a carrot until you decode it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom