• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

I kind of want a 331 Jolders Hammer but at this point don't really think the grind is worth the extra 31 damage. That MG is a beast in PVP though. I recommend anyone that doesn't already have it to go for it.

stb

I don't think anyone else mentioned it and maybe no one else feels the same way but this is not the case for me. at this point there is literally nothing I need or want in particular that I could obtain from a NF loot roll, but I need the XP boost to level up a large variety of gear I already have. thus I continue to run them despite the odds of getting anything remotely worthwhile in terms of actual loot. however, I also only ever run them when I feel like it in the first place, so it's probably a substantial disconnect.

I think the "disconnect" is a valid point; there's going to be a very diverse gradient on exactly what "end game" players need at any point, so it's not entirely fair for me to lump them all in together.

That said, are you *really* running NF specifically for the direct experience it gives or the xp buff it provides for the week for bubbles and gear? e.g. would you still run them if there wasn't a tiny chance of getting gear you still need/might want?

The thrust of my argument/complaint is that there are less painful ways to gain XP (e.g. one day's worth of vanguard or crucible bounties), and that the pivotal reason the majority of end game players continue to run NF is really the chance at an exotic and the XP-related stuff is a nice side benefit.

I mean, I have plenty of weapons but very few armor bits that need bubbles filled. If the exotic or useful-purple-engram option disappeared from the NF rewards, I don't think I'd go anywhere near NF to fill in half(?) a bubble on 3 weapons (or 3 weapons and 4 armors if you happen to have 4 armor pieces that aren't filled in). That seems masochistic. =)

nOoblet16

Thanks! I don't have Thorn leveled unfortunately, but I'm sure I would benefit from that perk. Badger CCL and Fatebringer might be worth a shot.

Yeah I'll probably roll a shotty. Is Swordbreaker preferable to Found Verdict?

I've got a Solar Against all odds and really like it. Honestly forgot about it. Perks aren't great though. increased stability while crouched, and kills replenish grenades. It does have field scout though too.

Also, which blade dancer grenade is preferred for pvp?
Field scout is all you need with Against all odds, the stability might seem.low but it's a low ROF weapon so it doesn't matter as you'll be killing enemies in 2-4 hits. Kills replenishing grenades is a great perk for PvP actually with that gun as you'll be getting a lot of kills with it.

Found Verdict has the Impact, Swordbreaker is fast. Found Verdict should be the better shotgun though.

todd360

I'd prefer Friday for the Mythocast if that's alright with everyone else.

I don't know what time would be good for Kor and I keep promising him a spot lol. 6pm est and later works for me on friday. I'm good for whenever Saturday and Sunday though.

Anyone want to play crucible?

ich00

That'd be 6 there. Of course if Kor or someone who still needs it wanted to they could take my place. But I'm happy to Sherpa as well. I'm EST but usually around at weird hours anyway. Are some people GMT or other wacky time zones? We could do it anytime soonish or wait until later tonight or some other day. Whatever works for people's schedules.

I can upload an edited video of our flawless run the other day if people wanted to see it (abyss solo and sword kill perspective).Sadly I didn't save most of the bridge and Share Factory wouldn't let the video go over 15 min anyway. So it's ~5 min abyss solo, ~2 min for start and end of bridge, ~2 min Shrieker hall, 3 min DSinger (cleanup edited out), and 3 min for 2-sword Crota. Nothing special but has the basic strats.

Sorry just saw this post. I'm usually good after 8:30 - 9:00 EST, unless it the weekend. if anyone else wants to give it a go tonight I'll be around. I'm supposed to sherpa some newbie raiders through Crota, and I can push that back if need be.

I'd like to see the video that you have, I think I have an idea on how to do it, and am just not 100% sure.

noomi

Ugh, leveling exotic weapons without a telemetry is rough. Just handed in 8 bounties and barely even went up two bubbles.

Bring forth the reset!

Can anyone explain the iron banner rank glitch to me? Be online during reset and enter the tower, but do I need to join on a friend already in the tower who has loaded an instance with iron banner?

I'm planning on buying the machine gun, but I want to do it tomorrow so I can pour some xp into it and get some use out of it this week.

Rubenov

Can anyone explain the iron banner rank glitch to me? Be online during reset and enter the tower, but do I need to join on a friend already in the tower who has loaded an instance with iron banner?

I'm planning on buying the machine gun, but I want to do it tomorrow so I can pour some xp into it and get some use out of it this week.

You're correct, that's how it worked last time. But again, they may have fixed it.

Jawmuncher

So I got the Xbox One version coming off the 360 version. However I have no clue where I left off with the story missions. Any way I can figure it out?

Jrmint

So I got the Xbox One version coming off the 360 version. However I have no clue where I left off with the story missions. Any way I can figure it out?
Just check whichever planet is blinking. It'll load your game and character right from the Destiny servers.

cilonen

Thanks for the patience with the noob! I've seen videos on how to kill Crota, so I wasn't that lost there, but kiling Ir Yut was tough to understand what was going on. I think I got one rocket on target, but most of the time I was running around clueless ... lol

I always find Ir Yut a bit of a clusterfuck because of all the adds knocking about. You used to be able to aggro the Wizards from below with armor piercing rounds before you run out, so they come out straight away but they 'fixed' that 'bug'.

It's time limited, but I always think/feel there is less time than we actually have. On normal especially there's no real need to rush too much to get her down.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
this is a dangerous train
CAQU31sUUAAbPdf.jpg:large

cilonen

If I stay up for tonight's reset, will I be able to purchase the IB stuff without having to rank up again?

I think they fixed that trick last IB too. A few people managed it IIRC, but most got thrown to the login screen when they tried to visit the tower.

I always find Ir Yut a bit of a clusterfuck because of all the adds knocking about. You used to be able to aggro the Wizards from below with armor piercing rounds before you run out, so they come out straight away but they 'fixed' that 'bug'.

It's time limited, but I always think/feel there is less time than we actually have. On normal especially there's no real need to rush too much to get her down.
Warlock solar grenades still work.

Thanks for the patience with the noob! I've seen videos on how to kill Crota, so I wasn't that lost there, but kiling Ir Yut was tough to understand what was going on. I think I got one rocket on target, but most of the time I was running around clueless ... lol
LOL yeah, that part is kinda hard to explain to new players :p

Warlock solar grenades still work.

Does that still work? I thought that was fixed along with the AP rounds that use to actually work as intended.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I never liked aggroing them like that. About 50% of the time or more, it seemed to make them very aggressive and come down the stairs if not taken down super quickly. There's plenty of time to lure and kill them without getting them out before the start of the timer.

The really important thing to remember is that the 30s of the Liturgy is MORE than enough time to kill her. So you can really take your time until that moment, clear as much as possible.

waters10

Neo Member
LOL yeah, that part is kinda hard to explain to new players :p

Does that still work? I thought that was fixed along with the AP rounds that use to actually work as intended.
And to make things a bit more confusing, we were using party chat, so whenever somebody talked, it wouldn't show their names on the lower right corner. Somebody was telling me, follow me! I had 5 options and of course I followed the guy I wasn't supposed to follow! ;p

Next time I'll be better prepared! And damn, I didn't realize you needed so many radiant material to upgrade these raid armor/weapons ...

Feorax

Probably skip IB this week. Ill get the ghost in the tower area, but this week has to be about getting one or more black hammers/HoC's, as well as possibly getting my Titan to 32.

And to make things a bit more confusing, we were using party chat, so whenever somebody talked, it wouldn't show their names on the lower right corner. Somebody was telling me, follow me! I had 5 options and of course I followed the guy I wasn't supposed to follow! ;p

Next time I'll be better prepared! And damn, I didn't realize you needed so many radiant material to upgrade these raid armor/weapons ...

Best way I like to explain the encounter. 3 people will go left and right. The best place to position yourself is in those towers. Then normally 1 person on the left and right will go agro the wizards inside the crystal room to bring the wizards out and kill them. As soon as either the right or left wizard dies, a shrieker will be active on the corresponding side. 1 person can run in and fire a few rockets to kill the shrieker. As soon as both of them are dead, the crystal room is open. Now its best to group up before going into the crystal room. Normally its best to enter on the opposite side of all the adds. The add tend to gather on the left side, so the right side is "safer". Move in to kill the deathsinger and its actually alot easier to kill her once the countdown begins, since she will stop moving. Now its time for trash duty..

Also I tend to ignore the major boomers. just remain in motion and you should be fine.

Really? Saved me an hour.

Why the 5am instead of 4am? If you don't mind me asking.
Daylight saving time so the clocks are a hour ahead. Since it was 4 am EST, its now 5 am EST.

noomi

Daylight savings screwed me out of an hour of destiny gaming on reset morning :(

Either way, nighty night dgaf, see you in the AM.

Looking to get Atheon HM, possibly X2 if people are down for it. Does anyone mind giving me the checkpoint?

1.) Amibguous Cad
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom