• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I join a weekly heroic strike with my Warlock and am immediately taken to the rewards screen. Sweet, my team must have beat it as I was joining, except I get no rewards (just experience). I start it over and beat it fresh and sure enough, no rewards. Awesome unintentional april fools joke on me. Watch Xur have some armor I don't have and now can't purchase on Friday too. :( I am guessing nothing can be done about this...?

Anyone think there'll be HoW news tomorrow? Sorely needed... Whatever their plans were I hope they add a lot more exotics. Like at least 8-10 new weapons.

for collect-a-thon purposes that would be great.. don't think it will happen though

but the bigger issue seems to be that there's too many useless exotics as it is.. dumping a bunch more on top won't help matters

they need to make more exotics other than the horn viable for pve imo

Jinjo

Anyone think there'll be HoW news tomorrow? Sorely needed... Whatever their plans were I hope they add a lot more exotics. Like at least 8-10 new weapons.

When TDB launched most of us still didn't have all the Vanilla exotics. By now a lot of us have all the vanilla + TDB gear. If HoW is as starved as TDB in weapon variety and quality the interest spike will be short-lived.

I didn't mind the PS exclusive strikes at launch but now I believe they're bringing the game down. If HoW brings another PS strike that'll mean there's 3 strikes in the game that won't join the Weekly rotation.

There's few strikes as it is. Having even fewer as part of NF rotation makes them that much more repetitive :/

They need to start building the DLC hype soon. It's been quiet far too long and dripfeeding updates about a patch that's not out for another month atleast isn't fooling anyone. I wanna play Destiny again, there is just nothing to do.

We wiped a dozen times.

Switched fireteam leaders and wiped.

Loaded in separately and together.

CHECKPOINTS NOT WORKING. ONLY WORKING FOR THE ORIGINAL FIRETEAM LEADER THAT STARTED THE RAID.

A lot of the "usuals" are starting to re-appear here. Haha, I knew Bloodborne would only be a temporary diversion.

Always funny to see people come in and go "hey I'm playing BB, yay me!" (ethomaz, I'm looking at you ;) )

Yeah, ok dude, congrats, you broke the Destiny addiction... you're too cool for school...

or "I won't be back until How... unless someone needs a sword runner, or wants to run a raid... wait, it's been a while since I did a VoG run... maybe I'll just do NFs this week."

phen0m24

We wiped a dozen times.

CHECKPOINTS NOT WORKING. ONLY WORKING FOR THE ORIGINAL FIRETEAM LEADER THAT STARTED THE RAID.

Way to really drop the player percentages if they do that. I have no interest in running HM CE, apart from DS or Crota. If I have to run the whole thing, see ya in HoW.

This post is funnier in context of Narmer's above. :p

E92 M3

We wiped a dozen times.

Sounds exactly like something they were saying pre-release when talking about raids.

Fuck this, if it isn't an April fools joke.

Impala26

Like I mentioned earlier, a heavy sniper that has X-ray vision and shoots like a cannon with a reload after every shot.

So, basically a single-shot form of the Farsight from Perfect Dark N64.
XD

The Gorgon chest can be looted once on each difficulty. All the other loot chances are given two rolls if you simply do Hard first.

Yea, if you're looking for particular weapons like Found Verdict, Praedyths revenge, corrective measure, atheons epilogue or vision of confluence; and double exotic change from gorgon and atheon.

Thanks for the advice guys. RNG gods must have been with me because my VERY FIRST VoG I got Praedyth's Revenge AND Atheon's Epilogue.

Give me your best unique exotic upgrade idea, weapon or armor, doesn't matter.

Mine would be:

A weapon upgrade that procs upon a "kill shot" that causes the enemy to briefly forget which side he's fighting for and will shoot at his friendlies until he dies.
Ooh, taking a page from Bioshock, love it.

Armor: Troika - Gains 3rd damage type for melee/grenade/super use, without the subclass tree to pick and choose from.

Weapon: Mouth of Sardok - Boomer attachment to any Vanguard Auto Rifle, secondary fire replaces ADS.

Defyler

I think I could start a sparrow dealership with all the time breakers and grave robber sparrows I've gotten between my characters.

Deku Tree

IMO after playing BB I see that Destiny could really benefit from having a deep Gesture system.

The limited Gestures on the Dpad are nice and dancing is cool... but why not give us a huge collection of possible gestures and dance moves? why not have unlockable gestures? why not dance moves that can be acquired while interacting with the game world? dance moves and gestures that you can buy? that different NPC's give you when you progress to a certain extent with them? that you get from bosses via RNG loot? They could have crucible gestures and ROC strike gestures too!

Hahahaha back to back weeks of Gjallahorn. Lol where were you back in December when I needed you. Well into the vault you go.

I still don't care what Bungie says Emblems do have hidden perks.

Homeboyd

Yep, looks like checkpoint sharing has been removed.

Ooh, taking a page from Bioshock, love it.

Armor: Troika - Gains 3rd damage type for melee/grenade/super use, without the subclass tree to pick and choose from.

Weapon: Mouth of Sardok - Boomer attachment to any Vanguard Auto Rifle, secondary fire replaces ADS.
Dammit. Never played bioshock.

That armor perk is great. With every class only offering 2 of the 3 elemental damage types, a perk that allows you to do the 3rd would be fantastic. Even if it is just melee, or grenade or something.

Deku Tree

We wiped a dozen times.

Lolz if Bungie really intentionally made this change at this point in time wut... that would be the worst player hating move they made since Destiny launched.

So, my running theory so far is that it's just a bug.

I hope...

If it's just a bug why did it start today? It's not even reset day and there has been no patch. I am confused.

Have other people had this checkpoint sharing problem too? Are other people experimenting with it? Are people on Reddit etc reporting similar problems?

Lolz if Bungie really intentionally made this change at this point in time wut... that would be the worst player hating move they made since Destiny launched.

If it's just a bug why did it start today? It's not even reset day and there has been no patch. I am confused.

Have other people had this checkpoint sharing problem too?

We're thinking it's an April fools thing?

Can others test this?

Dammit. Never played bioshock.
You should totally play it. The vigors are pretty fun to use, and Possession is the one I'm thinking of:

Possession is a Vigor featured in BioShock Infinite, granting Booker DeWitt the ability to control machinery, causing vending machines to spit out a bounty in Silver Eagles and have combat automatons temporarily fight for Booker. Though initially ineffective on organic enemies, Possession can be upgraded to turn humans into temporarily allies, making them commit suicide at the end of the Vigor's effects. With this upgrade, Possession can also be charged and deployed as a stationary trap at double the cost, possessing an enemy and forcing the others to kill themselves. Motorized Patriots, Firemen and Zealots of the Lady will not commit suicide at the end of the Vigor's effects, and Possession is entirely ineffective on Handymen and the Siren.

E92 M3

IMO after playing BB I see that Destiny could really benefit from having a deep Gesture system.

The limited Gestures on the Dpad are nice and dancing is cool... but why not give us a huge collection of possible gestures and dance moves? why not have unlockable gestures? why not dance moves that can be acquired while interacting with the game world? dance moves and gestures that you can buy? that different NPC's give you when you progress to a certain extent with them? that you get from bosses via RNG loot? They could have crucible gestures and ROC strike gestures too!

99e.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom