• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axoman

We do 3x gorgon and Atheon, hard and normal, each reset. I have gone back to gorgon from Atheon plenty of times.

If you go between normal and hard, are you sure you just didn't confuse your checkpoint difficulty level and think you are missing/losing checkpoints?

been thinking about imaginary exotics..

would an exotic armor that let you equip 1 exotic primary and 1 exotic special at the same time be too OP?

maybe but it would make an interesting alternative to using the horn

it would have to be for every class obviously.. like alpha lupi but warlock included
I was thinking about that earlier, having a class item (mark/cloak/bond) that granted you the ability to equip 2 exotics at once of either weapons or armor. Lots of overpowered downsides, so there'd have to be some well-explained caveats. Your idea is a good one for weapons.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Never got around to sharing this gif from the last Iron Banner. Was my the final kill for my Iron Wrath bounty on the Monday before reset. I lol'd

vR0ZT3U.gif
That is such a perfect spot for a tripmine throw, I cannot believe I've never tried it.
Is there a trick to join someones game that's not on your friends list?
Do you mean someone in the tower, or what? If you select the player (Default R3), you'll get the options including invite/join fireteam depending on their fireteam status.
Just signed up for Sword school. Now that The Walking Dead is done, I can do it. My wife wouldn't wait till Mon to watch TWD. Should be fun to learn how to properly hack Crota!
Will be fun!

noomi

I have a FIOS router and this. Overall though, I keep the majority of my network wired with by using a switch.

Holy shit, that thing looks like it's about to take off and fly away lmao.

I use a motorola surfboard 3 as a modem (got tired of renting from my ISP) and just a regular 4 switch linksys wireless router to go along with it.

E92 M3

I'll probably just stick with my current router, I have the xbox running wired anyway.

If it works, it works :)

Holy shit, that thing looks like it's about to take off and fly away lmao.

I use a motorola surfboard 3 as a modem (got tired of renting from my ISP) and just a regular 4 switch linksys wireless router to go along with it.

I've had to catch it a few times trying to escape from the enslaved labor.

Didn't know that worked with Fios, might get one myself.

I use as an AP

stb

Tuesday Night Raiding - "Wheat trom the Chaff" edition:
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
5) captscience (PSN captscience)
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)

We were without Dave_6 (GTAV), GRIP (BB), and schwagger15 (not sure) this week, but were filled out by:
4) StereoType (CE and VoG)
5) Hung Wei Lo (CE and VoG)
6a) kreepmode (CE)
6b) RedFury (VoG)

CE:
- Apparently Dave, GRIP, and schwagger were holding us down, because we waltzed through the one full CE with no wipes (I think; at least no wipes up until Crota).
- the next two DS/Crota kills were pretty smooth, too
- captscience DID manage to commit his most spectacular suicide yet: blowing him self up with a rocket on a step. Not the back of GRIP's head. Not a rock at head height. A stair. *slow clap* Another one for the highlight reel, science. It can go right after "it's OK guys, I've got radiance..."
- captscience also had one Crota kill where one more hit would have killed him, but he couldn't get it off in time. We killed the Oversoul and managed to finish him off. Not as dramatic as last week's "IGNORE THE OVERSOUL! TAKE HIM DOWN!", but amusing, nonetheless.
- I pulled duplicate gloves for my warlock with a crappy stat and my 4th BH (sorry, #forevernobh people)
- Verde managed to get LotA back-to-back-to-back
- 2 people got Plan C in the same drop
- StereoType(?) got Thunderlord
- I think someone else (science) got No Shard Beyond
- I think HWL or kreepmode said they got some items they hadn't gotten before/needed

VoG:
- started from gorgons and ran it first try! (Further proof Dave, GRIP, and schwagger have been sandbagging us)
- once science managed to clear the jumping puzzle, we pretty quickly did GK and almost downed Atheon on the first portal
- aaaaand that's where we hit the wall
- the next 70-ish minutes was pretty pathetic/humorous: a few glitches spoiled runs, as did some overzealous rocketry (*cough*RedFury*cough*)
- once we killed Atheon the second time, the third one came pretty easy
- drops were weird
- numerous people got AE, VoC, PT
- I got my 3rd AE and 2nd VoC in the same drop
- 2 people got 2 helmets each in the same drop
- RedFury, ironically, got his second Ghorn

Please chime in if I missed any amusing tales or noteworthy drops!

(PS: I do hope the regulars realize I'm teasing. It WAS weird how easily we did CE, but I hope you can all gear up next week.We don't really think you're dead weight. Except GRIP; I'm really not sure why we carry him through this every week.)

LTWood12

We were without Dave_6 (GTAV), GRIP (BB), and schwagger15 (not sure) this week, but were filled out by:
4) StereoType (CE and VoG)
5) Hung Wei Lo (CE and VoG)
6a) kreepmode (CE)
6b) RedFury (VoG)

CE:
- Apparently Dave, GRIP, and schwagger were holding us down, because we waltzed through the one full CE with no wipes (I think; at least no wipes up until Crota).
- the next two DS/Crota kills were pretty smooth, too
- captscience DID manage to commit his most spectacular suicide yet: blowing him self up with a rocket on a step. Not the back of GRIP's head. Not a rock at head height. A stair. *slow clap* Another one for the highlight reel, science. It can go right after "it's OK guys, I've got radiance..."
- captscience also had one Crota kill where one more hit would have killed him, but he couldn't get it off in time. We killed the Oversoul and managed to finish him off. Not as dramatic as last week's "IGNORE THE OVERSOUL! TAKE HIM DOWN!", but amusing, nonetheless.
- I pulled duplicate gloves for my warlock with a crappy stat and my 4th BH (sorry, #forevernobh people)
- Verde managed to get LotA back-to-back-to-back
- 2 people got Plan C in the same drop
- StereoType(?) got Thunderlord
- I think someone else (science) got No Shard Beyond
- I think HWL or kreepmode said they got some items they hadn't gotten before/needed

VoG:
- started from gorgons and ran it first try! (Further proof Dave, GRIP, and schwagger have been sandbagging us)
- once science managed to clear the jumping puzzle, we pretty quickly did GK and almost downed Atheon on the first portal
- aaaaand that's where we hit the wall
- the next 70-ish minutes was pretty pathetic/humorous: a few glitches spoiled runs, as did some overzealous rocketry (*cough*RedFury*cough*)
- once we killed Atheon the second time, the third one came pretty easy
- drops were weird
- numerous people got AE, VoC, PT
- I got my 3rd AE and 2nd VoC in the same drop
- 2 people got 2 helmets each in the same drop
- RedFury, ironically, got his second Ghorn

Please chime in if I missed any amusing tales or noteworthy drops!

(PS: I do hope the regulars realize I'm teasing. It WAS weird how easily we did CE, but I hope you can all gear up next week.We don't really think you're dead weight. Except GRIP; I'm really not sure why we carry him through this every week.)

Love your post-mortems Berried.

MickeyPhree

Just signed up for Sword school. Now that The Walking Dead is done, I can do it. My wife wouldn't wait till Mon to watch TWD. Should be fun to learn how to properly hack Crota!

Signed up for sword school also. Run crota quite a few times but really want to learn the sword.

hydruxo

House of Wolves needs to drop soon, even some damn details or something.

I miss being more active in the community and just playing the game.

Same. I miss our weekly raids. I haven't really posted in here in a while now because I just have no reason to play Destiny at the moment :(

Hurry up HoW!

Do you mean someone in the tower, or what? If you select the player (Default R3), you'll get the options including invite/join fireteam depending on their fireteam status.

For like grabbing checkpoints and such. I am guessing it has to deal with a players PSN profile if you can join them without being friends more so than finding them in destiny.

Lesson learned. Don't walk backwards with a rocket launcher if there might be stairs behind you. At least having a story to tell at the end of the night is better than no story at all?

I'm glad we ran the sword from the middle. Despite the above and getting overzealous in trying to rush a 3 kneel kill, I'm definitely feeling more comfortable with that method.

It seems I just missed out on my one missing exotic, PLan C but I did manage to pull three yellows, Thunderlord (Sorry Dave!), Hardlight, and NLB.

Thanks for the write up Berried and thanks for all that joined!

Lesson learned. Don't walk backwards with a rocket launcher if there might be stairs behind you. At least having a story to tell at the end of the night is better than no story at all?

I'm glad we ran the sword from the middle. Despite the above and getting overzealous in trying to rush a 3 kneel kill, I'm definitely feeling more comfortable with that method.

It seems I just missed out on my one missing exotic, PLan C but I did manage to pull three yellows, Thunderlord (Sorry Dave!), Hardlight, and NLB.

Thanks for the write up Berried and thanks for all that joined!

You got three from one raid? Or a couple?

In any case, that's still a nice roll. My luck with RNG is so awful. :lol

Defyler

Do a bunch of 5k bounties and a public event then pop the tele in the tower and apply bounties and pub event package to the weapon. Then do a strike

Necro quote...nice.

Personally, I don't think it was on the disk. I think that's why we can't access the main explore area like we can from the start of VoG, and why you don't see people forming the bridge if you are doing patrol missions on the moon.

Lol, I thought I was on the last page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom