• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unstable

I'm starting think this isn't a bug. It could be VoG only however. Perhaps to stop exotic chest sharing?

More science to be done.

Deku Tree

99e.gif

2cc.gif

Ghazi

No. We've done it a hundred times before today.
Checkpoints have never functioned like that. You cannot pick up a checkpoint, no matter how many times you've wiped, from a section before the furthest one you've progressed to. You'd have to restart to get it.

Homeboyd

Checkpoints have never functioned like that. You cannot pick up a checkpoint, no matter how many times you've wiped, from a section before the furthest one you've progressed to. You'd have to restart to get it.
Yeah this is my understanding as well. Not sure what these gents are talking about.

Never got around to sharing this gif from the last Iron Banner. Was my the final kill for my Iron Wrath bounty on the Monday before reset. I lol'd

vR0ZT3U.gif

are you sure?

in the past having gotten gorgon chest and then doing atheon I've lost the gorgon CP?

Yes you will lose gorgon after beating Atheon, but if you get gorgon checkpoint again, it should work.

That is not working now.

I've had Atheon checkpoint, not completed it and gone back to Gorgon checkpoint plenty of times before.

Axoman

Yes you will lose gorgon after beating Atheon, but if you get gorgon checkpoint again, it should work.

That is not working now.

I've had Atheon checkpoint, not completed it and gone back to Gorgon checkpoint plenty of times before.

I think you are confused.

Zeus7

For anyone who hasn't bought it, Destiny is on sale in Tesco in the UK for £15, great price!

Edit: For PS4, I never checked Xbox One.

Late, but waned to give a big shoutout to the NF and CE Raid teams last night. Super efficient runs all around. Got 2 Black Hammers so I'm content for the week. Will try to do my usual VoG run at some point this week if people are interested.

You can LOAD into a previous section, but it will not save that part as your checkpoint.

Yes, that's right. It saves only if you beat that checkpoint.

So if I'm at Atheon, I join someone at templar and beat templar, I get a checkpoint at gorgon and Atheon is gone.

We tried that earlier and it didn't work.

Feorax

Ok, so I had Gorgons HM cp yesterday after getting it from someone, yet I was able to save HM Templar today? That doesn't fit in with the idea that you can't save prior CP's.

Also, Hakal couldn't save the gatekeeper CP despite having not done any VoG this week.

IHaveIce

Banned
Yes, that's right. It saves only if you beat that checkpoint.

So if I'm at Atheon, I join someone at templar and beat templar, I get a checkpoint at gorgon and Atheon is gone.

We tried that earlier and it didn't work.

What? That never worked for me. The furthest checkpoint stays no matter what

Ok, so I had Gorgons HM cp yesterday after getting it from someone, yet I was able to save HM Templar today? That doesn't fit in with the idea that you can't save prior CP's.

Did you restart? If you restart the raid with square it will wipe all checkpoints and give you a clean slate. Then you can get a previous CP.

been thinking about imaginary exotics..

would an exotic armor that let you equip 1 exotic primary and 1 exotic special at the same time be too OP?

maybe but it would make an interesting alternative to using the horn

it would have to be for every class obviously.. like alpha lupi but warlock included

waters10

Neo Member
Have a run after work tomorrow so I had to push the Newbie Raid back a half hour. Should be home in time for a 9:30 start though.

If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian).

Thursday - 4/2 - 9:30PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here (4 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Sunday- 4/5 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.
Just signed up for Sword school. Now that The Walking Dead is done, I can do it. My wife wouldn't wait till Mon to watch TWD. Should be fun to learn how to properly hack Crota!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom