• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to finish my bounties first, then go do the Daily story, pop it right before the end, and turn in my bounties.
Daily heroic does not give weapon XP.

Best way to use them is to fill up your bounty slots with completed bounties and then do your PE for the day. Then go back to the tower, pop the telemetry and turn in all your bounties + PE package. You can usually pick up a couple more bounties and turn them in before it runs out.

Looks like my core group of 4 (including myself) will be doing 3x hard Crota and Atheon tonight around 7 EST. If anyone is interested in one or both, I'd love to have a week where I don't have to look for two randoms.

1. Sparrows
2. Eyc
3. Mamoui
4. Rob

Finished my 28th NM Crota kill last night. Still no Black Hammer. I did get my 6th Song of Ir Yut though, right after my third Light of the Abyss. My entire regular group have had multiples for weeks. Black Hammer is my White Whale!

Impala26

Best way to use them is to fill up your bounty slots with completed bounties and then do your PE for the day. Then go back to the tower, pop the telemetry and turn in all your bounties + PE package. You can usually pick up a couple more bounties and turn them in before it runs out.

I think you might be confusing this with weekly strikes/strike playlists.
(source: http://destinystatus.com/)

Impala26

Nope :)

Try it out. Your weapons will not gain xp after completing the daily. You get regular xp for killing stuff but not as the mission reward. Whether it's intended or just a bug /shrug

Definitely going to test this out.
If that's indeed the case, then that almost certainly has to be a bug/design oversight--this doesn't happen with XP anywhere else in the game AFAIK.

Then again, there's the VoG glimmer farm which makes no sense at all either so...

stb

74343-Tombstone-well-bye-gif-hji0.gif

I have Bloodborne in my life now. No one shoots me in the back of my head with rockets in Bloodborne.

Bloodborne schmudborne. We miss shooting you in the back of the head.

I actually posited that you sitting out this week was you being a momma bird and pushing your babies out of the nest. "You CAN fly (run abyss and the bridge without cheesing) yourself, baby birdies! Go! FLY!"

Yeah, I was surprised to hear about end-of-activity XP payouts not counting toward weapon progress, especially considering that XP earned from bounties and public event packages does. I tested it myself and can confirm this is the case. I believe it is intentionally designed that way because, during gameplay, you don't earn XP on a weapon unless it is specifically used to damage an enemy that is destroyed (within a certain window of time), whereas all armor earns XP regardless of how enemies are dispatched. If anything, the bounties and public event packages are the exception, not the rule.

Definitely going to test this out.
If that's indeed the case, then that almost certainly has to be a bug/design oversight--this doesn't happen with XP anywhere else in the game AFAIK.

Then again, there's the VoG glimmer farm which makes no sense at all either so...

He's correct. It's well-known to the regulars around here.

GhaleonEB

To add, the XP bonus is also not impacted by the Nightfall XP boost. I've confirmed that by (inadvertently) dying at the same moment as I kill the mission boss, then self-reviving via Radiance. The bounty for earning 9,000 XP gets filled by 7,500, regardless of whether the Nightfall bonus is on or not. I use the dailies mostly to work bounties, since the XP is worthless once you classes are ranked.

Finished my 28th NM Crota kill last night. Still no Black Hammer. I did get my 6th Song of Ir Yut though, right after my third Light of the Abyss. My entire regular group have had multiples for weeks. Black Hammer is my White Whale!

I probably have a similar amount of attempts and no Black Hammer. 1 Light and 1 hunger, 15+ Song of Ir Yut. Dat smarter loot tho.

Impala26

Yeah, I was surprised to hear about end-of-activity XP payouts not counting toward weapon progress, especially considering that XP earned from bounties and public event packages does. I tested it and can confirm this is the case. I believe it is intentionally designed that way because, during gameplay, you don't earn XP on a weapon unless it is specifically used to damage an enemy that is destroyed (within a certain window of time), whereas all armor earns XP regardless of how enemies are dispatched.

He's correct. It's well-known to the regulars around here.

Kay

LOL, like Exotic Weapons need to be made to take EVEN LONGER to upgrade... smh.

ocean

Banned
house_of_wolves_dlcocsyw.jpg

Well this sure looks like a captain. I wonder, will the HoW raid boss be an enlarged captain? Maybe urk could comment on that.
After a giant Vex and a giant Hive I think a giant Fallen enemy is a given. I'm guessing "Templar/DS" will be a super tank and main boss will be a super Captain.

I'd expect invisible vandal fuckery too. But then again CE didn't use vestiges so you never know what they'll use and what they won't.

stb

I probably have a similar amount of attempts and no Black Hammer. 1 Light and 1 hunger, 15+ Song of Ir Yut. Dat smarter loot tho.

Addressing the bolded: to be more charitable/fair than Bungie probably deserves, they DID clarify that the "smarter loot" just means it influences the rate to get *a* "fun drop" if you hadn't randomly gotten one in a "while" (unspecified duration).

They never suggested that the game is tracking whether or not you've gotten a specific drop and keeps weighting those drops you haven't gotten until you get them, or the inverse to make you stop getting ones you've gotten multiples of.

There's a lot to criticize them for, but let's not misrepresent the "smart loot" thing.

I think it's generally accepted that this is ACTUALLY working as intended; e.g. there's no "#forever31" meme and I don't know that I've ever heard of anyone running a full CE and only getting shards/energy.

house_of_wolves_dlcocsyw.jpg

Well this sure looks like a captain. I wonder, will the HoW raid boss be an enlarged captain? Maybe urk could comment on that.

But but it has a unique model! You don't understand how it works, we don't simply 'enlarge a model' our modellers work really hard into it and make a unique frame and everything~~</s>

I remember when they said that as an excuse for the enlarged bosses. Yeah, I expect a big Fallen Captain, probably the model from the Venus boss, with maybe 1 or 2 extra spikes.

Points if they give it an extra head.

Took me 47 Normal Crota kills to get BH yesterday. Stay strong.

Man, I really have no right to complain about my bad luck. I started poorly getting 3 Songs out of 4 drops, but have gotten every weapon in about 25 combined normal/hard attempts.

But but it has a unique model! You don't understand how it works, we don't simply 'enlarge a model' our modellers work really hard into it and make a unique frame and everything~~</s>

I remember when they said that as an excuse for the enlarged bosses. Yeah, I expect a big Fallen Captain, probably the model from the Venus boss, with maybe 1 or 2 extra spikes.

Points if they give it an extra head.

they'll be colored blue!

228px-Fallen_Grimoire_House_of_Wolves.jpg

Manp

Alright cool. We had a guy drop so we still need 2 more normal Crota. Any fellow Blackhammerless individuals want to join up?

i'll join you... this group i'm in right now is so boring. this guy said he wanted to kill me because i got his hawkmoon, go figure.

lol :D

noomi

Anyone want to take a sword running hunter for either normal ds + crota or hard crota?

I got's 3 hunters, can do it multiple times if needed

*edit*

send msg on psn if anything (noomi85), going to be a couch potato and finish watching the jinx. I'll get the notification on my phone and get on.

GRIP

Bloodborne schmudborne. We miss shooting you in the back of the head.

I actually posited that you sitting out this week was you being a momma bird and pushing your babies out of the nest. "You CAN fly (run abyss and the bridge without cheesing) yourself, baby birdies! Go! FLY!"

lol I knew you guys could do it! I was actually gonna see if I could join last minute, but you guys seemed to have filled up fast. Glad you found some good people to fill in the group.

Like I said, I'll be back next week. Maybe this little break will be just what I need to finally get HoC to drop for me.

Feorax

Thanks for the adventure today Unstable, Ruthless et al. Probably the most eventful Destiny day I've ever had.

- First ever sword kill on Crota.
- Second Thunderlord.
- Motherfuckin' Fatebringer.
- Muppet labs investigating for what must have been at least 2 hours.
- Scrubbiness in abundance.
- Failing to cross the bridge like a boss.

And to top it all off, a the end of previously close brotherly relationship that quite frankly will probably never be repaired.

April fools motherfuckers.

FOR SCIENCE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom