• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping we would get to play more with the sword. Like having our weapons barred for an elapsed time and all we could wield is a sword for that time.

CE flows really well though

on normal with no bridge cheesing

there's no down time

And 'The Arena' raid sounds like it's going to take place in an arena. Which doesn't give me alot of hope for the potentially cool setpieces.

I'm really hoping thats just a place holder name

I appreciate that both raids are so different, but my preference would lean toward further raids being more like Vault of Glass. There's an air of mystery and mythology with it that Crota's End just didn't have.

Gordon

So my Gjally is maxed out now, and I gotta say, underwhelming as it was getting it, god DAMN is it fun to use lol

Xur should sell this shit man. This is like the Saint-14 effect - it should be a standard part of the game. It's just so good. I can't believe I've played this long without it.

E92 M3

So my Gjally is maxed out now, and I gotta say, underwhelming as it was getting it, god DAMN is it fun to use lol

Xur should sell this shit man. This is like the Saint-14 effect - it should be a standard part of the game. It's just so good. I can't believe I've played this long without it.

If it's so common then the appeal (not power) is lost =/

VoG is perfect except for all the parts that aren't---which is most of it.

not literally perfect (nothing ever is) but i think the only thing that drags it down is the templar's well. all of the other encounters work well enough and are more "raid-like" than crota's end.

hydruxo

If the HoW raid actually sticks with the Arena name, I'd like to see a horde mode gauntlet type raid in the Prison of Elders. Kind of like a Smash TV thing where you enter one room, clear out enemies / bosses, two or three doors open up and you have to pick which route to go next.

LTWood12

Running NF in 5 if anyone wants to join up
Nevermind. My kid is scared of the thunder.

Starting it up, but no mic. If I go afk for a minute its to hug my kid.

Unstable

Thanks for the adventure today Unstable, Ruthless et al. Probably the most eventful Destiny day I've ever had.

- First ever sword kill on Crota.
- Second Thunderlord.
- Motherfuckin' Fatebringer.
- Muppet labs investigating for what must have been at least 2 hours.
- Scrubbiness in abundance.
- Failing to cross the bridge like a boss.

And to top it all off, a the end of previously close brotherly relationship that quite frankly will probably never be repaired.

April fools motherfuckers.

FOR SCIENCE!

Good men today achieved something quite special. 3 hours of jumping off a single cliff in the name of SCIENCE is something to be truly proud of.

We will all remember this day. Probably for very different reasons but still, it will be remembered.

My Full April Fool's Haul today.

Bolded is the stuff I didn't have. Until today.

1 Hawkmoon
1 Thunderlord
1 Truth
2 Fatebringers
1 Willbreaker's Greaves (Raid Boots)
1 Red Death
1 Deathsinger's Gaze (Raid Helm)
1 Oversoul Edict
1 Fang of Ir Yut
1 Song of It Yut
1 Gjallarhorn
To Feorax
's Brother
On his very first Nightfall
>1000 Deaths at Templar

FOR SCIENCE!

and Coffee... Lots of Coffee.

I kind of want to start a clan called Muppet Labs now.
This Needs to be done.

Omni

Anyone on Xbox doing raids tonight?

Kinda bored again. Regular guys aren't on so I think I have to search for a team this week

ocean

Banned
not literally perfect (nothing ever is) but i think the only thing that drags it down is the templar's well. all of the other encounters work well enough and are more "raid-like" than crota's end.
I'm with you. Oracles is contained in Templar anyways, I feel it goes on for a little too long. Still, VoG is video gaming as a medium at its very finest.

man, missing all this DGAF action! save some for me for Friday night. on a family trip to Niagara/Toronto til then. longish drive back home on Friday, but I'll be running 3x NF and 3x NM/HM gorgon's and all that jazz, then, if people are around... seems like everyone
well, maybe just his brother?
has been getting a g'horn to drop this week. Congrats, Kartik and everyone else who is now a bona fide, card-carrying member of the Gjallarhorn club.
foxlick.gif seems to perfectly illustrate my perspective right about now... ;____;

E92 M3

FOLKS: Please add me on PSN (TranceAddix) I have it setup and all but learning and everything and still tinkering with things.

2 things though:

- 10 dollar coupon expired yesterday :(
- No 14 day trial of PLUS unfortunately.

GhaleonEB

god forbid. I guess VOG glimmer farming is like nails on a chalkboard to Bungie

It's why there is no glimmer in CE (though I swear one or two Knights at the end drop some). I'm surprised they didn't disable it at Gatekeeper; the backlash probably would not have been worth it.

Karl2177

You know what I don't like? Weapons not leveling in raids. Why is that a thing?

Like Zoba said, it's to prevent farming. Quite a few of the encounters are infinite enemies until a certain requirement is met. So theoretically, you could go in and start up one of the infinite sections and just constantly kill enemies to get glimmer/xp.

FOLKS: Please add me on PSN (TranceAddix) I have it setup and all but learning and everything and still tinkering with things.

2 things though:

- 10 dollar coupon expired yesterday :(
- No 14 day trial of PLUS unfortunately.

Are you converting with Destiny too? Or just getting Bloodborne or something.

Lima

Any Xboner feel like doing a Nightfall? I'm kinda done with Bloodborne for a while as I've seen pretty much everything besides a few sidequests but no one is on right now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i almost flawlessly soloed while adding people to the ps party, lol.. i hate when you go invis an the thrall already leaping gets a deathblow :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom