• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

If it's so common then the appeal (not power) is lost =/

Yeah Richard Bartle (Father of MMOs) wrote an article on that in which describes the Achiever mindset. So yes for that type of player, ghorn might lose its luster.

Myself, I'm more of a Player-Killer / Explorer / Experimenter type. So meh I really don't care if everyone has a ghorn. I'd actually much rather prefer everyone is able to get it. That way we can burn down these bullet sponge bosses faster.

Note- I think Richard Bartle is daddy or something close

edit- This coming from someone who's pretty much always had one. My dream is for everyone to have a ghorn. I have a DREAM!

It's not known for sure. Personally I still believe it's true; my "pet theory" is that Abyss and Bridge were the only phases given reasonable development work before they ran out of time. CE falls off a cliff after the bridge: no "Templar" mid-raid boss, Gorgons + jumps replaced by tiny Shrieker hall, then immediately dropped into "Gatekeeper" room (DS is GK phase of CE, not a boss fight). DS and Crota are half baked encounters that scream "production deadline!!!" to me.

No meaningful mechanical vocabulary is carried through, only 2 trivial ones: kill Shrieker to drop invisible wall during DS, kill Sword B to use sword on Crota. No weight of darkness, no lamps, no bridge forming, no Annihilator Totems, no Sword Bearers Curse, no GKeeper spawn on SBearer kill, no forced sword use by all team members, no add spawn progression based on phase progression (bridge), no kill Wizard to activate Shrieker or Liturgy of Death during Crota. Not everything should be built on of course but... something.
I haven't bitched about CE for a while, ha

Two related comments:

-Raid is only TDB area that was not glitched into prior to its official release. Obviously that doesn't prove it wasn't there somewhere though. I think all HoW strike and story missions have also been glitched into already, with no sign of The Arena. Having no playable space in the Reef might complicate this.

-There's something strange about the patch file sizes displayed for dowload in PSN. The TDB file said 2.44 GB but this wasn't necessarily the actual size. A more recent patch also said 2.44 GB but then the actual file was like 10 MB when it was shown downloading in Destiny itself (I think the last weapon balance patch). If anyone remembers the TDB size displayed in Destiny that would help support whether the file was large enough to reasonably contain the raid itself.
Subsequent patches after the dark below have actually stacked on that patch. The first TDB patch was actually 2.42 GB. If you have to redownload Destiny, you have to redownload the whole stacked patch.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks guys. Got my fourth Crux which means my fourth Necrochasm.
lucky girl
Great run guys! Sorry I wasn't on a mic, but didn't want to wake up my son. Team 1st try on Crota. Doesn't get any better than that.

Got a titan chest piece with 163 intellect. Holy Moly.
i'm wondering if I could ever reproduce that last jump before the abyss bridge formed, ever again

Lima

This Bungie bounty right now is pretty hilarious. All Felwinter's Lie and and they get reckt right now by Bubble train and one guy just using golden gun. See how broken your game is in PvP? Fix it.

Subsequent patches after the dark below have actually stacked on that patch. The first TDB patch was actually 2.42 GB. If you have to redownload Destiny, you have to redownload the whole stacked patch.

I think 2GB of that would have been the TDB cinematic itself :p

The fact that you can solo the entire CE raid, even on hard and even after they patched certain explots just goes to prove how little planing went into designing the raid.

VoG has elements that absolutely require teamworks, coordination & communication, and can not be solo'ed no matter what (conflux, gatekeepers).

Back to the hornless shelter he goes.

Sucks. Watched many players get their most desired loot this week, was hoping narmer would get lucky as well.

Guh, Destiny PvP makes me sad. So much wasted potential. So bored of Felwinter.

Those Bungie Grimoire scores also make me a little sad. One dude rocking a 1705...? Gaf teams would run them out of the building, lol.

Conflux can be done solo doing heavy ammo glitch and Gjallarhorn.

Which was discovered fairly recently, right? Fireteams of 6 level 30 players often struggle or wipe at conflux due to the actual difficulty, unlike hm Crota which is simply a level disadvantage difficulty.

The point I was trying to make was that VoG was deisgned with teamwork and multiple players in mind. CE is just a glorified strike or a half baked raid.

Try taking some new players into VoG. They have to pull their weight, they can't just die or stay hidden in a spot while one person cheeses the entire thing.

sikkinixx

Some dudes dragged my sorry first-time ass through Crota. Got raid boots for my Hunter and the legendary sniper rifle from Crota himself, plus shards n such.

I sucked, but hey! Got some gear and finally got to level 31.

Which was discovered fairly recently, right? Fireteams of 6 level 30 players often struggle or wipe at conflux due to the actual difficulty, unlike hm Crota which is simply a level disadvantage difficulty.

The point I was trying to make was that VoG was deisgned with teamwork and multiple players in mind. CE is just a glorified strike or a half baked raid.

And it suffers terribly because of it. I hope HoW actually makes shit better,

We need a Gorgon Cave jumping puzzle area... all in one!

Can anyone help me out with the daily heroic story? Trying to do level 26 for the ascendant materials. I'm 24 on the PS4.

PSN: ProGamer

Some dudes dragged my sorry first-time ass through Crota. Got raid boots for my Hunter and the legendary sniper rifle from Crota himself, plus shards n such.

I sucked, but hey! Got some gear and finally got to level 31.

You're very lucky you got Black Hammer on your first run, players have done CE 30+ times and still missing it.

sikkinixx

You're very lucky you got Black Hammer on your first run, players have done CE 30+ times and still missing it.

Really? Wow. I was annoyed because I really just want a better primary weapon and can't seem to get a decent one.

i felt out of place with four dudes all using g'horns to make Crota drop while I'm using some wimpy rocket launcher.

VoG was deisgned with teamwork and multiple players in mind.

Try taking some new players into VoG.

Very true on both points. Doing HM Atheon with Lv31-32s that geared up in CE is often hilariously scrub-tastic.

/////
Also I don't consider glitch/exploits when evaluating encounter design. It's like comparing any% and glitch-less speed runs, doesn't make sense. Confluxes is still well designed for teamwork regardless of the possibility to solo it. The main problem with Confluxes/Oracles: can't decrease completion time with increasing skill. And the fact that nobody remembers doing Oracles legit, haha.

They could have combined C+O phases to make it drag less, like do Oracle spawns in between Conflux waves instead of "Summons Legions." Seven Oracles waves is really excessive.

Really? Wow. I was annoyed because I really just want a better primary weapon and can't seem to get a decent one.

i felt out of place with four dudes all using g'horns to make Crota drop while I'm using some wimpy rocket launcher.

That's how I did it today! Everyone had Ghorns and I just stood there like an idiot.

Take Black hammer into VoG for Atheon. You'll never miss not having the Gjallarhorn.

That's how I did it today! Everyone had Ghorns and I just stood there like an idiot.

It's ok DGAF took me to Crota two days ago and had me sit my ass in a corner. I have better gear now and still no damn primary that is better than blue.

Just hit 20 on my Warlock (and jumped right to 21). Feel pretty OP doing strikes with people running blues and greens and I'm running Word of Crota, Found Verdict, and Thunderlord. Oh well.

Also made my titan. Have everything except chest for him, so he'll go right from 19 to 25 or so.

And then I'll be hitting up Ruthless for that Gorgon CP!!!

Very true on both points. Doing HM Atheon with Lv31-32s that geared up in CE is often hilariously scrub-tastic.

/////
Also I don't consider glitch/exploits when evaluating encounter design. It's like comparing any% and glitch-less speed runs, doesn't make sense. Confluxes is still well designed for teamwork regardless of the possibility to solo it. The main problem with Confluxes/Oracles: can't decrease completion time with increasing skill. And the fact that nobody remembers doing Oracles legit, haha.

They could have combined C+O phases to make it drag less, like do Oracle spawns in between Conflux waves instead of "Summons Legions." Seven Oracles waves is really excessive.

I don't know if other players feel it but in my experience, hard conflux got even harder after CE launched.

Maybe it's due to the HC nerf that fatebringer doesn't one shot everything anymore, but apart from that there seem to be way more fanatics, goblins with goblin hammer (minotaur gun) and hobgoblins spawning during the three phases. Also way more goblins teleporting to the middle conflux than earlier.

Totally agreed on making that encounter more interesting though. Three encounters in the same area wasn't the best design and no reward for beating conflux stage sucks.

Legit Oracles on hard is still very tough to do and I only ever do it if the team has all experienced players.

House of Wolves vendor weapons and armor inventories. Damage #s are placeholders. Not an April fools joke, at least that I can tell.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fcmlbtyZlgU

Auto rifles with impact? How dare they!

Man those weapons look and seem lame.

Is this legit though? Crucible vendor armor can't have max light at 27 for HoW.

Unless, these have all been in the game since launch and just hidden till the dlc launched, where we will download a patch that raises the light level and reveals the new items :/

Ew those hunter helms are just fugly. Why is a titan disguised as a hunter.

nVtfOqh.jpg

Gala

Plan for the weekend: getting my level 8 Titan VoG ready and get drunk while doing it.

I think I'll go defender from the start so that I can at least make some orbs in CE

Kalamari

There are a couple of pulse rifles with auto fire as well, might have to buy one of those too. Trust Fall will be a must buy.

i've accepted that i'll never be satisfied with my hunter's appearance (class item aside) because of how gear ties to level (and the gear seems to get dramatically uglier IMO). i had a gander hoping to see a decent cloak and sniper from either of the vendors, but nothing clicked. there's always the other factions and raid gear and then drops; hopefully they're not as underwhelming as TDB was.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I did my first ever VOG run!

and got a fucking shader

hate this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom