• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

3x nightfall since tuesday.

1 - 9 coins
2 - 10 coins
3 - legendary scout riflr

At this point I'm actually ok with coins, up to nearly 600 as of last night. I don't need anything else, so keep 'em coming :D

3x nightfall since tuesday.

1 - 9 coins
2 - 10 coins
3 - legendary scout riflr

At this point I'm actually ok with coins, up to nearly 600 as of last night. I don't need anything else, so keep 'em coming :D

I only have 30. :'( Did Megaman predict what Xur would be carrying this week?

Bradach

If someone had a gorgon CP that I could grab that would be great. Let me know, I'll be on for the next while

PSN: Bradach333

TheOddOne

Guy decimates us in Rumble with The Last Word, gets the Last Word as a reward.

Oh bungle.
Pissed-off.gif

Impala26

Has anyone had a purple engram drop in game? (Not the results screen.) I'm starting to think they're extinct.

Was thinking this for a good while, but with Kittens I got one to drop during the Nightfall mission. Was hella excited about it, lol.

And going along with what Death Jr. said, pretty sure it was a lowly Dreg that dropped it
:p

Not to be that guy, but chances are you won't, while Crotas End likes to spoon feed you gear, VoG is notoriously stingy.

Expect nothing and be happy on the rare occasion something does drop.

So how lucky am I that on my very first VoG run ever I got Kabr's Forceful Greaves, Praedyth's Revenge AND Atheon's Epilogue?

Was thinking the loot was weighted towards first timers, but my buddy running with me only got like one armor piece, two chatterwhites and nothing but ass mats in our first two VoG runs.

E92 M3

I hope today's update is interesting and not about PVP. They already talked about the big-ticket items for the next patch.

ocean

Banned
how many of you use TDB expansion gear on a regular basis?

other than 2 pieces of vendor armor and the raid shader, my loadout hasn't changed since before TDB. the only other new item i regularly use is my LDR
I'm assuming you mean other than Raid gear. Word of Crota handily replaced Atheon's Epilogue, HoC>>>>>HV, Fang is pretty good, Black Hammer is top-tier etc. Not to mention the raid armor we all use now.

As far as vendor stuff, Against All Odds, Saterienne Rapier, LDR, Secret Handshake/Two To The Morgue and a few others are fantastic weapons. Some of the new exotic armor is also super cool. Glasshouse, Don't Touch Me, Obsidian Mind, Radiant Dance Machines, Claws; very situational but all bring interesting and varied perks to the table.

The dropped the ball terribly with Exotic weapons though. Unlike armor they only added a couple of weapons and they all suck. DB has no tracking so there's absolutely no way to justify its Exotic slot. 4th Horseman has stats all over the place and is nigh unusable. NLB is an interesting idea and would've been a funny and cool addition if there had been a lot of new weapons. Since it's one of the few we got though, it's disgracefully bad. The fourth and last DLC exotic weapon is Necrochasm and I won't even talk about that. Having only 4 new guns was terribly lazy. Having them all suck was just baffling.

To answer your question, my "standard" setup is a mix of vanilla and new stuff. I roll Fatebringer/Saterienne Rapier/Hawkmoon + LDR/Swordbreaker/Felwinter + Gjallarhorn/HoC for most PvE content.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian).

Thursday - 4/2 - 9:30PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here (2 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Sunday- 4/5 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here (3 spots left)

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.

noomi

Oh, right.... today is the weekly update, completely forgot.

I'll take anything about house of wolves... anything. More likely though... we will get a solid date for the next patch.

I hope they do another world addition like/better than Blades of Crota for HoW. It would be cool to use a Fallen weapon for a while like we can with the sword.

Damn.

Scrolling back through this thread from early morning and I see I missed the HM crota runs Death/Ruthless was hosting. Wish I didn't have to work today or I would have been up for Afew crota HM runs. Went to sleep right as you guys were starting....Damn work life gettin in my way with destiny!

ocean

Banned
If armor from vendors goes over +36 Light we'll need to stash some marks and planetary mats for day 1 blind raiding with no disadvantage.

150 Marks for Leg/Chest and 195 for Helm/Boots if prices don't change so it's doable if you mix/match Vanguard and Crucible marks. Along with a ton of bounties and PE packages maxing new armor set on day 1 should be possible. I've already got 200V on 3 characters and 200C on one of them so I'm on track. I'll need hundreds of planetary materials and a ton of XP packages, I'll spend the next month raking up Public Events.

Totally unnecessary but it's a new carrot for me until HoW drops :p

Defyler

Lol. I've stored around 15-20 pub event packages on all three characters and of course rocket telemetry for the day I finally get ghorn.

Some day.

Homeboyd

I've basically given up on PE's because destinypublicevents.com seems to be so broken now. Used to it was on point just about every single time. Now, it seems, most of the time, it's not even within 10-15 minutes of being right. Are you guys having success with it again?

Impala26

I've basically given up on PE's because destinypublicevents.com seems to be so broken now. Used to it was on point just about every single time. Now, it seems, most of the time, it's not even within 10-15 minutes of being right. Are you guys having success with it again?

Been noticing this as well.
Before I was hitting events like 90-95% of the time based on the tracker and now it seems to be right only for about every 2 of 3 I go after now.

By the way, anyone know how much XP the Public Event postmaster packages contain?

Defyler

Been noticing this as well.
Before I was hitting events like 90-95% of the time based on the tracker and now it seems to be right only for about every 2 of 3 I go after now.

By the way, anyone know how much XP the Public Event postmaster packages contain?

5k exp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom