• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Right, I remember doing VoG the night before yesterday and we were joking about how Bungie STILL hasn't fixed the lack of a results screen after killing the last boss.

It's like, tremendously awkward ._.;

I actually like that we can walk around after killing the boos. Rather therapeutic in a way lol.

What's the nature of this change again? I wasn't active when these changes were being made, but I remember a buddy mentioning that boss HP was based on a general scale of how many players are in the fireteam at the start of the boss checkpoint.

Is that not a thing anymore?

Few months ago they made strikes harder to solo. They were meant to fix that or something, I can't even recall...

EDIT: Top! :p

Your're in the middle of the page mate :p

I actually like that we can walk around after killing the boos. Rather therapeutic in a way lol.

What about the guardians who are dead? Who will think of them.

Right, I remember doing VoG the night before yesterday and we were joking about how Bungie STILL hasn't fixed the lack of a results screen after killing the last boss.

It's like, tremendously awkward ._.;

That VOG was the first time I ran VOG since December. They fixed the Templar fight glitch off the edge but not the results screen it's crazy.

That VOG was the first time I ran VOG since December. They fixed the Templar fight glitch off the edge but not the results screen it's crazy.

YEah, that vog was the first time I did it since I cheesed Templar with some Gaffers like....in November.

It's tremendously awkward. Like, what is their team even doing ._.;

LTWood12

Oh sorry, that would help. I'm EST, so I should be home in about an hour or so. I'm frineds with both you guys so I can shoot you a message on psn when I'm logged in.

Thanks Ichabod, though doesn't look like either of us will be able to make it on this afternoon. I'll check w/ you tonight if you're on. If not no biggie. Appreciate it!

Obscured

I don't think anyone can get attached to the likes of Dragon's Breath, No Land Beyond, Hard Light, etc. Every player wants Hawkmoon, Gjallarhorn, Ice breaker, etc.

Their entire reasoning of this argument is invalid.

Mostly true, except I am actually attached to No Land Beyond. I want a little guardian house with a guardian mantle that I can mount it up above.

In general I hate how they went about the loot. It makes it so at a high level there really are only a few pieces that are relevant and everybody ends up looking the same, maybe switching out one piece of raid gear for an exotic just to attempt to mix it up.

I want to be able to craft up that original auto rifle (it is still in my vault). It is the only one that looks like that and is actually unique.

RetroMG

Who wants to run Hard Mode Crota? I'd like to kill him three times. If someone has the checkpoint already, great, otherwise we'll make our way over there and then go around three times.

1. RetroMG

So me and Poker are doing Deathsinger on Normal...

n8cBVs4l.jpg

35cipgikwufm.gif

zw5yczgayq.gif

hb7wqrspritp.gif

GhaleonEB

Congrats! Meanwhile, I ran the Nightfall last night and got to watch someone get his 5th (or 6th, he'd lost count) 'Horn. I got an arc legendary rocket launcher, which I did sorta need. But still. :(

Good call. Staying the fuck up here forever.
There's a really simple hiding spot down below, the only thing you have to worry about is splash damage from the Nexus and the occasional Hobgoblin grenade. I used to solo that NF all the time when I was on PS3.

Feorax

There's a really simple hiding spot down below, the only thing you have to worry about is splash damage from the Nexus and the occasional Hobgoblin grenade.

If it's the one I'm thinking of I tried that earlier. My Titan jump is too inconsistent and I kept getting melted by minotaurs whilst trying to make it.

Cthulhu, for some random reason I can't add you as a friend.

If it's the one I'm thinking of I tried that earlier. My Titan jump is too inconsistent and I kept getting melted by minotaurs whilst trying to make it.

Yeah, you have to make the jump from the pointy rock to the hiding spot fairly quickly and accurately. Void burn with those damned Minotaurs can be hell.

Oh, your a titan right?

Everyone knows Warlocks and Titans cannot be friends.

This shit is well known.

Shirow

Banned
None; I run sword myself for the newbie raids (attendees are welcome to pay attention to what I do of course :p). It's just sort of outside the scope of a newbie session, similar to how, while I explain the relic controls fully and encourage others to other it during the Templar and Gatekeeper encounters, I will always grab the relic personally if I'm teleported during Atheon. I have to balance teaching the raid at large as comprehensively as possible with actually getting the kill in a reasonable timeframe.

1. I think starting any analysis from a place of "I've never seen that in any other game" = "it's bad or unreasonable" is a horrible idea. In fact, I hope Bungie will go out of their way to continue trying things that don't exactly match up with how they're done in any other game, rather than attempting to intentionally make it similar. If they're doing something different, don't half-ass it.
  2. Destiny Exotics (at their best) are build-defining, and I have absolutely no desire to replace them with "simply better" items. Unlike my gear in nearly any other game with a progression system, I'm very attached to the way that (for example) Hawkmoon, Pocket Infinity, Monte Carlo and Thunderlord feel to use, and theme a full character build around their usage when equipped. I don't want to have those options eliminated for the sake of vertical progression. A far superior approach is to continue to allow them to be viable while introducing more and more options that are ALSO viable and can cause you to rethink builds. This is the area where The Dark Below's exotics fell completely flat and sad, although it introduced some of my absolute favorite legendary options at the same time.

:-/
Well I wasn't trying to start an analysis, more like tell me "why" do you see it a different way than me. Which of course is great for me since I love reading other people's point of view no matter if I agree with them or not. I appreciate that players wouldn't like to see some of their builds and play styles not being eliminated while others are introduced. To me that's quite normal because of my past mmo experience, some things always taken out, nerfed or changed. Hell I remember when back in wow fury warriors where the thing because of it was popular in vanilla version of that game. I still would take a host of all new ways to play and exotics over keeping the old ones. But at the end of it all it's up to bungie.

Okay, so the haul this CE run:

Gjallarhorn
Red Death
Deathsinger's Gaze
Deatsinger's Grip
Hunger of Crota

I am officially disqualified from bitching about RNG ever again.

Just got Dragon's Breath (and a 2nd Word of Crota) from HM Crota kill. I know everyone hates on this gun, but it looks so damn cool, I'm going to give it a go. Being able to close off rooms with the solar flare sounds cool. Plus, no one uses it, so I feel like that gives me cool kid status. I guess I'm an iconoclast. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom