• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you get the Infusion perk with Deathsinger's Gaze?

Great haul though, damn.

No, my luck had to run out sometime. Not gonna replace my Obsidian Mind with it, anyway, so it's okay.

Can't even bring myself to shard that Red Death. I have one fully leveled already, sharded another one a couple of weeks ago. This run was just so ridiculous that I feel it deserves to stick around.

Impala26

What's up DGaf! I was going to play some Destiny now but can't think of much else having walked out of the theater watching the new Fast & Furious. That ending...

Impressions from the other thread.

Movie is a straight up popcorn flick, huge scenes with cheesy dialogues yet everything. Everyone's like a superhero who doesn't fire and invincible.

Now on to Paul Walker, there's a huge roar in the theater when he first appeared on screen and not a single person moved nor talked during the ending. I don't think they could have done the ending better. Going to miss this guy.

I can't believe how hard it must be for his family to see him one last time oh the big screen.

Current status:

YnUVGsE.jpg

This fucking run just stunned me entirely. GG to Poker, we two-manned that son of a bitch and came out as true conquerors.

I need a beer.

What's up DGaf! I was going to play some Destiny now but can't think of much else having walked out of the theater watching the new Fast & Furious. That ending...

Impressions from the other thread.

Movie is a straight up popcorn flick, huge scenes with cheesy dialogues yet everything. Everyone's like a superhero who doesn't fire and invincible.

Now on to Paul Walker, there's a huge roar in the theater when he first appeared on screen and not a single person moved nor talked during the ending. I don't think they could have done the ending better. Going to miss this guy.

I can't believe how hard it must be for his family to see him one last time oh the big screen.

Fast and Furious is a movie franchise that never took itself seriously. I really appreciate the movies because of that. I am looking forward to seeing it.

Made it to the safe spot.

Current trouser status: Brown

Well I attempted to help, it was glorious! I was out of rockets!

Fuck it whatever I will come down and get some adds. I died horribly and weak while running from spash damage.

Sorry.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I was almost there!

No, my luck had to run out sometime. Not gonna replace my Obsidian Mind with it, anyway, so it's okay.

Can't even bring myself to shard that Red Death. I have one fully leveled already, sharded another one a couple of weeks ago. This run was just so ridiculous that I feel it deserves to stick around.
Obsidian Mind is such a wonderful helmet. Can't think of anything else besides Bad Juju that can recharge supers so fast.

Feorax

Fission mailed :(.

Cthulhu tried to help, but my truth rocket didn't track properly and blew me the fuck up...

Easily at less than 10% health too.

Ghazi

xbone users need their Hawkian, seriously. Who dares to take the challenge?
I don't have as much time as Hawkian, but I'd be willing to host something similar on Fridays or Saturdays if there's enough interest. I haven't played the game in a few weeks, since I got everything and maxed stuff out, maybe I'll start playing again for it

Yeah, my super comes back so quickly now, even if my aim with Nova Bomb is occasionally spotty.
Using it during the lamp phase of CE is amazing. I've had back to back supers on more than one occasion.

I don't have as much time as Hawkian, but I'd be willing to host something similar on Fridays or Saturdays if there's enough interest. I haven't played the game in a few weeks, since I got everything and maxed stuff out, maybe I'll start playing again for it
Seems like the xbox one users are becoming more vocal as they see more of their brethren post here, might be worth a shot. Hawkian has the patience of a saint, truly.

SgtCobra

So I started to play some PvP again for the first time in like 2 weeks and I immediately noticed the accuracy of the handcannons was pretty bad... did something happen in the time I was gone?

GhaleonEB

Cthulhu tried to help, but my truth rocket didn't track properly and blew me the fuck up...

I have a knack for blowing myself up with Truth's proximity detonation. On several occasions I've fired at a target well in front of me, but with an enemy right next to or even behind me, and the rocket blows instantly due to their proximity. Having blast radius maxed out does not help there. :\

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Still 2 spots for the raid tonight. Bout to go run this 5k, I'll probably be barely conscious sherpa-ing tonight XD

If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian).

Thursday - 4/2 - 9:30PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here (2 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Sunday- 4/5 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here (3 spots left)

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.

Impala26

Seems like the xbox one users are becoming more vocal as they see more of their brethren post here, might be worth a shot. Hawkian has the patience of a saint, truly.

My HaloGAF brethren and I grow weary of MCC issues while we await Halo 5, so more are seemingly dabbling in Destiny again recently.

Could I add you guys? What's your GT Ghazi?
(I think you can be the Sherpa all us Xboners deserve, unless Homeboyd wants to claim that mantle or something)

noooooo

Given up for now, but I'll sent a FR anyway cause I might give it another go later.
I think you're in a different time zone than I am (US-Central), but throw me an invite and I'll help you through it later this week if you want.

My HaloGAF brethren and I grow weary of MCC issues while we await Halo 5, so more are seemingly dabbling in Destiny again recently.

Could I add you guys? What's your GT Ghazi?
(I think you can be the Sherpa all us Xboners deserve, unless Homeboyd wants to claim that mantle or something)
I'm on PS4, sorry. 343 decided my next gen choice for me. :-\

123rl

Just did a Nightfall and got Secret Handshake. I wanted a shotgun and this was good timing. I like it.

Second Nightfall with my Warlock: 9 Strange Coins. Thanks?

123rl

Any chance of getting a group together for Vault Of Glass this Sunday? Xbox One.

Confession: I have NEVER played it. Not even once. I can probably get 1-2 friends to join me who are noobs too if there's room

Impala26

I can always help with xbox one things, I'm just not sure if there's a whole lot of interest lol

Au contraire...
last night we somehow managed to do an unofficial-official HaloGAF VoG run completely unplanned.

It was myself, Kittens, PsychoRaven, GringoSuave, Mix and Zoojoo... and it was glorious, haha.

mfn_pie

Not sure when I will be home from work tonight but I need to get some coins for Xur so I can fully upgrade my Ruin Wings and do a Crota run (my first), to try to get a raid set helmet which will hopefully put me to level 30ish.

I can always help with xbox one things, I'm just not sure if there's a whole lot of interest lol

You're my sword mentor, that's for sure.

My hunter still needs to do normal CE, we can get some training done tomorrow maybe.

*Asked Poker Face to teach how to use the sword.*

He says: "Of course! Tell me when."

*Never responds*

I'm a dick.

You are, but you're our dick. Wait, that sounds weird. You're a dick.

On an unrelated note, The Devil You Don't with Field Scout gets a 13 round magazine. That's so ridiculous, I love it.

I'm usually up for X1 shenanigans as well, now that my regular group has moved on. Hard mode was too much for them.

I'm still in search of a crux, hunter crit gloves, and a titan infusion helm... so i'm always up for hard or regular crota. also i'm getting back into crucible, even though my red death isn't special anymore :(

GT: oddworld18

Homeboyd

Friendly reminder to all: Please use spoiler tags when discussing leaked future / DLC content. And don't just blind tag, mention what it is you are talking about so people have an idea as to whether they should highlight or not.
Yeah sorry, same stuff in the video circulating here yesterday, but details on the db site now. Haven't gone through it but think it's just gear, no story stuff.

Added a disclaimer to my post.

Impala26

I'm usually up for X1 shenanigans as well, now that my regular group has moved on. Hard mode was too much for them.

I'm still in search of a crux, hunter crit gloves, and a titan infusion helm... so i'm always up for hard or regular crota. also i'm getting back into crucible, even though my red death isn't special anymore :(

GT: oddworld18

Feel free to add me as well!
(Also in case I forget yours, lol)
GT: Impala26

Ghost hunting is starting to get annoying, I love destiny but jesus. running around avoiding enemies and collecting grimoire cards off dead ghosts found.

Its the digital version of Wheres Waldo.

I feel bad, I had to cheat on a couple of them.

Impala26

Ghost hunting is starting to get annoying, I love destiny but jesus. running around avoiding enemies and collecting grimoire cards off dead ghosts found.

Its the digital version of Wheres Waldo.

I feel bad, I had to cheat on a couple of them.

That was me with the gold chests.

The loot was worthless, but I couldn't stand seeing that 2/5 or 3/5 fraction on my maps every time In selecting a location.

There's no way when I finally go to hunt all the ghosts down that I'm not using a guide though, lol.

phen0m24

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/317z5p/news_destiny_database_update_adds_150_items/

Destiny DB updated with 150+ items

(Supposed HoW content so spoilers etc etc)

Friendly reminder to all: Please use spoiler tags when discussing leaked future / DLC content. And don't just blind tag, mention what it is you are talking about so people have an idea as to whether they should highlight or not.

I kind of want the
pink weapons
. They look cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom