• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

So 3 hours, one failed solo attempt, 2 failed group attempts, one self-destructing truth and a Goblin with a bastard mortar gun later, you have to ask if these Nightfalls are really worth it...

First Gjallarhorn get!

Suck it Stu.

GhaleonEB

Yeah sorry, same stuff in the video circulating here yesterday, but details on the db site now. Haven't gone through it but think it's just gear, no story stuff.

Added a disclaimer to my post.

No worries, that wasn't aimed at you, just wanted to note that if folks want to start discussing the specifics, please tag. I saw a few things yesterday I'd rather have not heard about. Right now some of us know much more than others about the expansion, via those leaks or other sources. But not everyone wants to know everything early.

So 3 hours, one failed solo attempt, 2 failed group attempts, one self-destructing truth and a Goblin with a bastard mortar gun later, you have to ask if these Nightfalls are really worth it...

First Gjallarhorn get!

Suck it Stu.

Nice!

That is amazing.

First Gjallarhorn get!

Suck it Stu.

qvrzpmdhe.gif

Unstable

First Gjallarhorn get!

Suck it Stu.
Horns! Horns everywhere!

RNGesus' generosity knows no bounds.

Congrats man. You deserved it.

ocean

Banned

First Gjallarhorn get!

Suck it Stu.
Hell of a way to end that run. Congratulations! Now speed-upgrade that so you can rip stuff next week. It'll be Solar burn :)

Any chance of getting a group together for Vault Of Glass this Sunday? Xbox One.

Confession: I have NEVER played it. Not even once. I can probably get 1-2 friends to join me who are noobs too if there's room

Couldn't do this sunday, but we could probably get something going.

*Asked Poker Face to teach how to use the sword.*

He says: "Of course! Tell me when."

*Never responds*

I'm a dick.

lol it's okay, we'll get it done eventually.

Au contraire...
last night we somehow managed to do an unofficial-official HaloGAF VoG run completely unplanned.

It was myself, Kittens, PsychoRaven, GringoSuave, Mix and Zoojoo... and it was glorious, haha.

you guys never post in here though lol. Most people asking for help are leave PSN and not XBL info...which probably isn't the best way to gauge interest.

You're my sword mentor, that's for sure.

My hunter still needs to do normal CE, we can get some training done tomorrow maybe.

Yea maybe OddOne will join us and we'll have two new swordrunners :p

allday247

Banned

First Gjallarhorn get!

Suck it Stu.

Grats mate! always good to see someone else get it aand their reactions :)

Thanks for the invite

Teaching anyone how to run sword on Crota on Xbox One:

1. Mr Greencastle

We should start from the beginning. If you haven't done Crota's End before, no worries, I can help with that as well. Only thing I ask is that swordbearers be at least level 31 because enemies can do a lot of damage by the end of the raid since they're level 32. We can do it on Normal mode. No specific class necessary.

Consider this an open offer until like... 9PM PST or until the list is full (let's see if even one person adds their name!)

I'm assuming you mean other than Raid gear. Word of Crota handily replaced Atheon's Epilogue, HoC>>>>>HV, Fang is pretty good, Black Hammer is top-tier etc. Not to mention the raid armor we all use now.

As far as vendor stuff, Against All Odds, Saterienne Rapier, LDR, Secret Handshake/Two To The Morgue and a few others are fantastic weapons. Some of the new exotic armor is also super cool. Glasshouse, Don't Touch Me, Obsidian Mind, Radiant Dance Machines, Claws; very situational but all bring interesting and varied perks to the table.

The dropped the ball terribly with Exotic weapons though. Unlike armor they only added a couple of weapons and they all suck. DB has no tracking so there's absolutely no way to justify its Exotic slot. 4th Horseman has stats all over the place and is nigh unusable. NLB is an interesting idea and would've been a funny and cool addition if there had been a lot of new weapons. Since it's one of the few we got though, it's disgracefully bad. The fourth and last DLC exotic weapon is Necrochasm and I won't even talk about that. Having only 4 new guns was terribly lazy. Having them all suck was just baffling.

To answer your question, my "standard" setup is a mix of vanilla and new stuff. I roll Fatebringer/Saterienne Rapier/Hawkmoon + LDR/Swordbreaker/Felwinter + Gjallarhorn/HoC for most PvE content.

yea there are some good stuff that i use in PvE, but aside from the vendor armor my PvP loadout is the same as it was before. i'm one of the few who prefer not to use raid gear unless i'm raiding because the stats aren't any good.

to echo ghaleon's post, i'm really glad they're deciding to keep old gear relevant through upgrade systems. even if the new stuff were great, i think it's better to keep as much of the sandbox relevant as possible, especially for people who are fond of old weapons.

You don't like legendary snipers with perfect balance and unflinching?

the mag and rate of fire are too low. i love the model, but it's just shy of being PvP viable for me.

Deku Tree

Weekly update is up.

Talks about strikes and raid glitches

HoW release date to be revealed this month. Probably I guess means it'll be released next month.

GhaleonEB

That's the topic I'm hoping will be addressed today. I'm guessing reducing the health meter on some bosses will be the extent of it, given the resources they can deploy to these updates. But it would still be nice.

Bungie said:
Our goal was to ease the difficulty for the least-completed strikes. In order to do this, we focused on the final boss encounters, which were fairly lengthy on higher tiers. We addressed this by reducing the strength for several of the major combatants. We also felt that the bosses themselves could use some tweaking. We reduced Valus Ta’Aurc’s health by a third and reduced the Psion Flayers’ shields by about 15%. We locked these changes after several playtests with the designers and feel that they bring these encounters in line with the rest of the Strikes.
Welp. I'll take what I can get! Knocking down SpongeBob's health by a third is a lovely update. Kind of surprised only two strikes are mentioned, hopefully that's not the extent of it.

Also, update arrives in "a couple of weeks". First time this one has been dialed in a bit more than "before HoW launches". Good to know it's not so far off.

Deku Tree

They should also shorten undying mind. Everyone quits that one in ROC. Of course I can do it on a roc train in about ten usually.

And what about Omnigul? Come on...

Wow that was anti climatic. I got Ghost Hunter, and I didn't even have to find all the ghosts.

Remember GAF readers are leaders and you only have to find 50 of the 68 ghosts.

I'm a lazy guy with really generous friends. If I play Vanguard Roc with them and we have an agreement that I will idle while they complete it and carry me through, will I be banned from the playlist?

I'm a lazy guy with really generous friends. If I play Vanguard Roc with them and we have an agreement that I will idle while they complete it and carry me through, will I be banned from the playlist?

Not really, I mean not that I have heard of.

But why not play? Suffering is what makes the best loot drops so nice.

Not really, I mean not that I have heard of.

But why not play? Suffering is what makes the best loot drops so nice.

I'm giving a hypothetical as a response to this in the most recent update:

Unfortunately, there are a few individuals who have put in that same level of monomaniacal effort into being jerks. Sitting idle in Strikes and PvP has been on our radar for a while now, but it’s become clear that a small number of the worst idlers are responsible for damaging the experiences of thousands of other players. One player not contributing in an activity might seem like a small thing, but it can make a Weekly Heroic Strike unbeatable or make a Crucible match unwinnable. Those little bits of damage to the experiences other players adds up over time.

This week, we’ve restricted a small number of the most toxic players from matchmaking. The restrictions we’re putting on their accounts are temporary and apply only to the activities where they were chronically idle. If the affected players keep up this behavior after the restrictions lapse, we will apply stronger and (eventually) permanent restrictions on their accounts.

I never idle.

house of wolves is sounding like an early may release, with this next patch dropping on the 14th and then another one dropping the last week of april.

noomi

Well... That was it? Hmm, ok then.

If they are going to announce a release date in April im thinking the release will be late May early June.

hydruxo

Probably still going to be a May 19th (maybe 26th) release for HoW like the leak a while back. They started talking about TDB and showing videos for it about a month before it came out.

GhaleonEB

Probably still going to be a May 19th (maybe 26th) release for HoW like the leak a while back. They started talking about TDB and showing videos for it about a month before it came out.

Yup. Guessing we're 4-6 weeks from HoW and 2-3 from this update going live.

Spongebob getting nerfed. Cool.

Dust Palace didn't need a nerf, just some smarter players. It never really took that long and with the Shotgun buff it is laughably fast now, especially if everyone is on board.

Shito

Spongebon getting nerfed. Cool.

Dust Palace didn't need a nerf, just some smarter players. It never really yook that long and with the Shotgun buff it is laughably fast now, especially if everyone is on board.
Maybe they intend to nerf shotguns!
Dun dun dun...

Good call on nerfing Valus, it was long due. You gotta wonder why it took them THAT long, though...

Deku Tree

I would guess patch on approx April 14 (depends on cert on four consoles) and HoW on May 19.

Maybe the patch even includes most of HoW in it.

gdt

Man I haven't played Destiny in a while. When they announce the HOW date I'll jump back in and start getting things ready. Still need a Hunter CE helm -_-.

Can I get some help on the "Siege of The Warmind" mission from the DLC? I can get to the end room but I'm getting my butt kicked and I can't do this solo.

Repost for new page
Teaching anyone how to run sword on Crota on Xbox One:

1. Mr Greencastle

We should start from the beginning. If you haven't done Crota's End before, no worries, I can help with that as well. Only thing I ask is that swordbearers be at least level 31 because enemies can do a lot of damage by the end of the raid since they're level 32. We can do it on Normal mode. No specific class necessary.

Consider this an open offer until like... 9PM PST or until the list is full (let's see if even one person adds their name!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom