• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rehsa

Thanks, Good smooth run :) except for the hard part :p

I have my friend, who's new, with me if that's cool with you.

Edit: we are gonna join the normal group^^
me and my friend, whose also new, can do this :)
I thought we were going to have a problem at Crota, he was standing the entire first shield break for me

Edit: Bad top of page and I should feel bad

Awesomely quick CE run, thanks again iRAWR. Got my first Hunger of Crota, my 5th or 6th Plan C, and tons of shards. :)
Anytime! Fast and easy with only one scrub moment at the begining :p

I thought we were going to have a problem at Crota, he was standing the entire first shield break for me

Edit: Bad top of page and I should feel bad
crota please stop trying to use your lag switch T__T

The only thing I need is the Vex so I think I'm gonna wait until we can get people together for HM. Good luck dudes!
if you need more people later on whenever, I can help out If I am still on.

coy

Been gone all weekend and did not get Gorgon's chest if anyone has the checkpoint, I'd appreciate it.

PSN: coyquettish

coy

Thanks again for the patience and checkpoint, Rawr! Got another UR as far as loot goes. Will try for Horn after the reset.

ich00

Sorry guys, I'm waiting on one person to get home from work, they're running late, should be starting up in 5 10 more minutes

shanafan

Anyone have trouble unlocking the Decryptologist achievement? The achievement is to decrypt 25 engrams.

I am level 27, and I know I have surpassed that a long time, but the achievement is still locked.

EDIT: A good'ole log out, and log in unlocked it ;)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dark Souls 2? Yeah, that boss was annoying. You can use Firestorm or Chaos Storm pyromancy for an easy kill.
i'm a ninja type with very little in the way of any magic, no shield, lots of dodging and single target damage... it's a nightmare XD

edit: victory achieved \o/ found the right powerstance attack.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
He is technically optional, but yeah, can be a pain in the ass.

Edit: If no magic, then be sure to use thrusting swords if you have not already deduced. Swinging swords are no good.
don't use much in the way of swords at all XD

The L2 with powerstanced daggers wound up being the key. anything horizontal and those damn rat statues...

weird that he's optional though. I'm not sure I'm clear on where I'm "heading" if that's the case... oh souls <3

don't use much in the way of swords at all XD

The L2 with powerstanced daggers wound up being the key. anything horizontal and those damn rat statues...

weird that he's optional though. I'm not sure I'm clear on where I'm "heading" if that's the case... oh souls <3

It is a little side path for a particular covenant on the way to where you need to go.

Sullichin

i'm a ninja type with very little in the way of any magic, no shield, lots of dodging and single target damage... it's a nightmare XD

It's best to take out the smaller rats in the beginning with range if possible, even an unupgraded bow or pyro spell should be helpful. if not, sweeping 2HR1 attacks. Then when fighting the boss basically stay underneath it the whole time.

It's an optional boss, you can always come back to it

Oh nevermind you already beat it. Nice

Of course there's a
talking rat king who speaks more formally than any other character in the game XD

sorry, derail over!

The covenant was a blast in its hey day, probably completely dead now.

Tying it back to Destiny. I wonder how well a Souls game would do with a Destiny RNG type loot system. Even have bounties, Nightfall missions etc.

How would Destiny do with all earned/discovered loot like a Souls game?

Homeboyd

Awesomely quick CE run, thanks again iRAWR. Got my first Hunger of Crota, my 5th or 6th Plan C, and tons of shards. :)
Ah yes, the hunger. My most used launcher. My default loadouts for almost every piece of content is Fatebringer/Ice Breaker/Hunger. Second is FB/Black Hammer/Gjallarhorn, but I find the IB to be so much more useful in so many more instances other than boss DPS.

Enjoy that hunger and level it immediately.

Ah yes, the hunger. My most used launcher. My default loadouts for almost every piece of content is Fatebringer/Ice Breaker/Hunger. Second is FB/Black Hammer/Gjallarhorn, but I find the IB to be so much more useful in so many more instances other than boss DPS.

Enjoy that hunger and level it immediately.

Sounds dreamy. Still looking for FB and Black Hammer, although, swap out FB for a high impact SR with Firefly and that is more my cup of tea.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey you can reforge any IB weapon regardless of which weapons are being sold, etc right?
Oh nevermind you already beat it. Nice
and then, 30k souls down the drain as my sense of wonder compelled me onward instead of back to the far fire. gotta get full on back into masochism mode here, lol

The covenant was a blast in its hey day, probably completely dead now.

Tying it back to Destiny. I wonder how well a Souls game would do with a Destiny RNG type loot system. Even have bounties, Nightfall missions etc.

How would Destiny do with all earned/discovered loot like a Souls game?

My God man... What kind of Dark Sorcery would that be.

I believe a lot of the magic of Souls is that at its heart it is a community driven mostly single player game.

Nightfall missions are largely a group dynamic.

Honestly Destiny is such a strange game. There is so much about it that I would not put up with (Glitches, long waits for fixes, arrogant dev community). What makes Destiny brilliant is the people you play it with. A lot of us put up with a lot of crap just because it isn't for that possible chance at loot as it is as much about the group dynamic in getting said loot.

I don't think I would really like a souls game that took on Destiny group dynamics. It would take away from a lot of the Souls charm.

Sullichin

Hey you can reforge any IB weapon regardless of which weapons are being sold, etc right?

and then, 30k souls down the drain as my sense of wonder compelled me onward instead of back to the far fire. gotta get full on back into masochism mode here, lol

I'd say help some other poor fools beat him.. but you can't coop that boss :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I believe a lot of the magic of Souls is that at its heart it is a community driven mostly single player game.

Honestly Destiny is such a strange game. There is so much about it that I would not put up with (Glitches, long waits for fixes, arrogant dev community). What makes Destiny brilliant is the people you play it with. A lot of us put up with a lot of crap just because it isn't for that possible chance at loot as it is as much about the group dynamic in getting said loot.

I don't think I would really like a souls game that took on Destiny group dynamics. It would take away from a lot of the Souls charm.
Doesn't... uh... bloodborne have something in that vein? some more structured multiplayer component? Thought I'd heard..

Don't spoil it if it's tied into the lore somehow I guess...
I'd say help some other poor fools beat him.. but you can't coop that boss :D
I noted that, hah XD

I was implying a Soulslike experience (mostly Singleplayer, but Sunbro enabled) with RNG loot and weekly challenge missions. I think a reason people stick around for Destiny long term is for the carrot on stick loot, looking for specific gear etc. At least it is a big factor.

Souls allows you to essentially get everything you want "up front", very few items are earned by RNG. I suspect this contributed to a faster burn out/atrophy of the player base as everyone gets what they want and lose motivation to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom