• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

amar212

I know it is a commonly discussed thing, but at this point it is becoming really problematic.

Bungie needs to address consumables.

Seriously.

I am playing Destiny since day 1, very commonly and with persistent group of friends. At this point (1000+ hours, please do not comment), I have the following - to provide the context:

3 LV32 Guardians, with:

- all Raid Gear from both Raids and duplicates with various stats - UPGRADED to LV30/32
- all Exotic Gear for all characters - UPGRADED to LV32
- all Exotic weapons available - UPGRADED to LV32
- all Raid weapons from both Raids - UPGRADED to max
- all Iron Banner gear I wanted (LV32) and all Iron Banner Weapons I wanted - UPGRADED to max
- all Vendor weapons I wanted to have - UPGRADED to max

…and now comes the substance, because these are my consumables:

- +/- 200 Vanguard and Crucible points on all characters maxed (1200 total) - NOTHING to spend them on
- 25000 Glimmer - NOTHING to spend them on
- 73 Vanguard Commendations - NOTHING to spend them on
- 22 Crucible Commendations - NOTHING to spend them on
- 845 Ascendant Shards - NOTHING to use them on
- 721 Ascendant Energy - NOTHING to use them on
- 530 Motes of Light - NOTHING to spend them on
- 423 Strange Coins - NOTHING to spend them on
- 41 Exotic Shards - NOTHING to use them on
- 367 Radiant Shards - NOTHING to use them on
- 309 Radiant Energy - NOTHING to use them on
- 2741 Weapon Parts - NOTHING to use them on
- 2200 Helium Filaments - NOTHING to use them on
- 1800 Spirit Bloom - NOTHING to use them on
- 1600 Spinmetal Leaves - NOTHING to use them on
- 2000 Relic Iron - NOTHING to use them on
- 1153 Hunter Sapphire Wire - NOTHING to use them on
- 1119 Warlock Hadronic Essence - NOTHING to use them on
- 1073 Titan Plasteel Platings - NOTHING to use them on
- +/- 200 per Ether Seeds, Black Wax Idols, Resupply Codes and Blue Polyphages - NOTHING to spend them on

I also have numerous Exotic Weapons and Exotic Gear doubles stores at either Vault or held at the Post Master, totaling for another 15-20 Exotic Shards if dismantled, as well as duplicates of CE Gear for additional 20-30 Radiant Shards if dismantled.

All my friends are in similar situation and we are really wondering why there is no content or item or whatever to make us play for once we are in this phase.

I really hope Bungie will understand how advanced players have NO USAGE WHATSOVER from any of the vendors in the tower and that incentive to play becomes really low once you start to hit phase as mine.

I would love to have some use from damn Gunsmith, Ikora Ray or Quotermasters or Speaker, but I do not remember when I actually went to any of them to do ANYTHING (besides buying ridicoulus amounts of Heavy Ammo synthesis from Gunsmith to ease up on Glimmer).

Sigh.

KingJ2002

Aside from the raid exotics... I just need the SUROS Regime & Truth and I will have all exotics in the game (armor & weapons)

I know it is a commonly discussed thing, but at this point it is becoming really problematic.

Bungie needs to address consumables.

Seriously.

I am playing Destiny since day 1, very commonly and with persistent group of friends. At this point (1000+ hours, please do not comment), I have the following - to provide the context:

3 LV32 Guardians, with:

- all Raid Gear from both Raids and duplicates with various stats - UPGRADED to LV30/32
- all Exotic Gear for all characters - UPGRADED to LV32
- all Exotic weapons available - UPGRADED to LV32
- all Raid weapons from both Raids - UPGRADED to max
- all Vendor weapons I wanted to have - UPGRADED to max

…and now comes the substance, because these are my consumables:

- +/- 200 Vanguard and Crucible points on all characters maxed (1200 total) - NOTHING to spend them on
- 25000 Glimmer - NOTHING to spend them on
- 73 Vanguard Commendations - NOTHING to spend them on
- 22 Crucible Commendations - NOTHING to spend them on
- 845 Ascendant Shards - NOTHING to use them on
- 721 Ascendant Energy - NOTHING to use them on
- 530 Motes of Light - NOTHING to spend them on
- 423 Strange Coins - NOTHING to spend them on
- 41 Exotic Shards - NOTHING to use them on
- 367 Radiant Shards - NOTHING to use them on
- 309 Radiant Energy - NOTHING to use them on
- 2741 Weapon Parts - NOTHING to use them on
- 2200 Helium Filaments - NOTHING to use them on
- 1800 Spirit Bloom - NOTHING to use them on
- 1600 Spinmetal Leaves - NOTHING to use them on
- 2000 Relic Iron - NOTHING to use them on
- 1153 Hunter Sapphire Wire - NOTHING to use them on
- 1119 Warlock Hadronic Essence - NOTHING to use them on
- 1073 Titan Plasteel Platings - NOTHING to use them on
- +/- 200 per Ether Seeds, Black Wax Idols, Resupply Codes and Blue Polyphages - NOTHING to spend them on

I also have numerous Exotic Weapons and Exotic Gear doubles stores at either Vault or held at the Post Master, totaling for another 15-20 Exotic Shards if dismantled, as well as duplicates of CE Gear for additional 20-30 Radiant Shards if dismantled.

All my friends are in similar situation and we are really wondering why there is no content or item or whatever to make us play for once we are in this phase.

I really hope Bungie will understand how advanced players have NO USAGE WHATSOVER from any of the vendors in the tower and that incentive to play becomes really low once you start to hit phase as mine.

I would love to have some use from damn Gunsmith, Ikora Ray or Quotermasters or Speaker, but I do not remember when I actually went to any of them to do ANYTHING (besides buying ridicoulus amounts of Heavy Ammo synthesis from Gunsmith to ease up on Glimmer).

Sigh.

Funny you say that because i was just thinking about it the other day... why have a gunsmith no one goes to? I never went to him until i had to finish some exotic bounties.

It sucks because it shows there's still parts of the game that wasn't clearly thought out... they have so many variations of weapons in the game that are pure throwaways because you level up past them. It would be cool if you can keep some of the weapons that you find... common, uncommon, legendary... whatever... and be able to level up the light levels using motes of light, ascendant energy & materials... by talking to the gunsmith to do it you can even add different weapon perks depending on the material and gun you decide to level up... they should think about introducing a blacksmith for the armor sets.

by doing this... there can actually be variation in the game and make the game feel less grindy and have players focus on creating their own guardian.

right now... there's just too many people running around with the same armor, same guns, same shader, same ship... Bungie can definitely take this game to the next level with some simple changes.

the gunsmith should have allowed you to reforge weapons and upgrade exotics. xur's basically replaced him as a bona fide gunsmith ever since he began stocking heavy synth.

the same goes for eva lavante. for a guardian outfitter, she sure gets a whole lot of traffic back in that stank alley. perfect vendor for transmorphamajiggin' our armor

destiny 2?

i guess bungie assumed PVP would hold peoples interest long term

like halo

xurs not here for another 20 minutes bro.. he doesn't fuck with daylight savings time

how do you have so many motes of light amar? never bought engrams or reforged iron banner weapons or hell bought class items from the speaker?

i thought we already knew what xur was going to sell this week?

disappointments

Say what you want but Xur has been good to me all last month. Had at least 1 new item to buy every week. Of course, that will be difficult to repeat, but Xur is da man right now.

amar212

how do you have so many motes of light amar? never bought engrams or reforged iron banner weapons or hell bought class items from the speaker?

I spent a fortune of them for Exotic Engrams until I collected all Exotic Gear few months ago.

I am using them in Iron Banner regularly. I never bother in reforging weapons past the wanted combo (I bought and reforged 3 Jodler Hammer in past Banner to get them all with different elementals and Field Scout perks and used 32 Motes in total for that).

OK, I never bought majority of class items from Speaker simply because I have no space to store them, especially bonds/scarfs.

I collected them all via normal play? Also, number dramatically increased with Dark Below and guaranteed 9 motes for Eris Nightfall bounty every week.

Bollocks

Anybody else tired of Destiny doing the same chores every week?
I haven't been doing a raid since February and only go online now to play nf/weekly.
Last week I only did the NF 2x and dismissed the weekly completely.
Every week I play less destiny, even though I love it but at this point I think it's a complete waist of time.
I can't even bring myself to get the free shards anymore to bring my other characters to 32 cause what's the point.

I'll be all over it again once HOW drops but till then I'm fatigued.

thats a pretty normal feeling once you get down to a handful of missing exotics

this thread is slow as hell these days

i still genuinely enjoy doing crota normal despite having everything i need from the raid.. but i suspect thats not the norm

ill do hard as well but thats less fun

Dragon's Breath? Xur can fuck off again.

Seriously, no Vanilla Heavy Exotics since early December.

Glass House
Don't Touch Me
Sunbreakers
Dragon's Breath
Chest Engram
Pulse, Fusion, Rocket Launcher Telemetry
Heavy Synth

CBp-1CPWYAAolKa.jpg:orig

blazeuk

Nothing for me from Xur this week, may try my luck with a chest engram to see if I get one of the exotics I don't have but IB rolls make motes more important than potentially an exotic shard.

Everything in his stock this week has been sold numerous times. Considering the recent slowdown in activity, I would expect this to be the lowest Xur spending week ever.

Not sure I should buy Dragon's Breath when I still have Truth and Ballerhorn to level up. :lol

Guess I might just buy a couple of Exotic Shards instead.

Bought Don't Touch Me for my Hunter, an Exotic Shard and some telemetries/synth, but that's it. Don't have that many coins anyway, going to save some until Thunderlord drops.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Grimoire score should increase when you get a new exotic weapon, right?

Last night I got Thunderlord finally from Normal Deathsinger, but it didn't prompt me with a new Grimoire card at the bottom of the screen like it usually does when I got other exotics. Anyone else have this happen to them?

I know it seems like I'm making a big deal out of this, but I don't have much else to do with the game but max out Grimoire until HoW is released.
Did it go to your post office? You won't get "credit" until you pull it out.

Unstable

That one guy getting No Land Beyond. :lol so painful

Is the VoG glimmer farm able to be dealth with solo? I've got the HM Gorgon checkpoint, so getting there isn't an issue really.
HM would be difficult to farm in a group. Solo would be a nightmare. You want NM for farming.

Manp

OMG!! good guy Xur keeps delivering!

Manp said:
missing exotics:

Titan:
- Mk. 44 Stand Asides (LOL)

Hunter:
- Achlyophage Symbiote (had the 30 light one but dismantled it when i didn't have an hunter)
- Lucky Raspberry (actually want this one)
- Mask of the Third Man (actually want this one)
- Radiant Dance Machines (LOL)

Warlock:
- Apotheosis Veil
- Claws of Ahamkara

Weapons:
- Hard Light
- Monte Carlo
- Red Death (actually want this one)
- Universal Remote

only had enough motes for one exotic engram. lucky raspberry on the first try! only exotic chest armor i was missing!!
not the best roll (134 intellect) tho, but i'll live.

:)

Deku Tree

Dragon's Breath? Xur can fuck off again.

Seriously, no Vanilla Heavy Exotics since early December.

Glass House
Don't Touch Me
Sunbreakers
Dragon's Breath
Chest Engram
Pulse, Fusion, Rocket Launcher Telemetry
Heavy Synth

No reason to log on to Destiny until Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom