• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost have Wolfpack rounds. So close I can almost taste it.

Also just unlocked Explosive Rounds and Firefly on my Badger. Ho-lee-shit.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Grimoire score should increase when you get a new exotic weapon, right?

Last night I got Thunderlord finally from Normal Deathsinger, but it didn't prompt me with a new Grimoire card at the bottom of the screen like it usually does when I got other exotics. Anyone else have this happen to them?

I know it seems like I'm making a big deal out of this, but I don't have much else to do with the game but max out Grimoire until HoW is released.
Weapons don't add to your Grimoire score.

Shirow

Banned
I guess I'll get the don't touch me arms this week. Aren't they supposedly good for soloing ce? Am, at this rate most likely the only way I'm gonna get flawless is soloing lol

ocean

Banned
They don't lol. You do get a card but score doesn't go up. Check it on Destinytracker.com.
lead.png

Could've sworn they added to the score. Thanks for the tip!

Deku Tree

Bungie has a skeleton crew working on Destiny now IMO. It's all about Comet and Destiny 2 for Bungie at this point. Of course they want people to stick around and they don't want another flop in review scores with HoW but they also want more people to buy their new games even more. That's the downside of a non-subscription based model. Bungie needs to focus on future revenue streams now IMO.

noomi

lol @ Xur today, but hey every week can't be a winner, he's been pretty good the last few weeks.

I bought... nothing, 590 coins saved. He didn't even have the telemetry I needed this week.

Deku Tree

Lol megamanexe says Bungie is giving us another SpongeBob no burn week before the patch just because they want us to remember how much of a slog it is before making it easier. At least they are skipping Omnigul which was in the next spot in the rotation after TDB launched.

ocean

Banned
Lol megamanexe says Bungie is giving us another SpongeBob no burn week before the patch just because they want us to remember how much of a slog it is before making it easier. At least they are skipping Omnigul which was in the next spot in the rotation after TDB launched.
Skipping solar Omni? Shame. Solar burn is always welcome.

Unstable

Bungie has a skeleton crew working on Destiny now IMO. It's all about Comet and Destiny 2 for Bungie at this point. Of course they want people to stick around and they don't want another flop in review scores with HoW but they also want more people to buy their new games even more. That's the downside of a non-subscription based model. Bungie needs to focus on future revenue streams now IMO.
Its always felt to me that Destiny was designed to run itself. With a occasional patch and update. Bungie wanted a MMO without the support and cost that a MMO demands. That's why so many systems are automated and changes or bugs fixes take months. Nobody actively working on Destiny anymore.

ocean

Banned
Yeah Solar Omnigul actually would be much faster than no burn Valus. At least if people have horns Lolz.
I've always found it curious how So many amazing weapons are Solar. Gjallarhorn, Ice Breaker, Black Hammer, Hunger of Crota, Pocket Infinity, Vex Mythoclast, Vision of Confluence, Invective... Solar burn really gives a crazy flexibility for powerful load outs.

Yeah Solar Omnigul actually would be much faster than no burn Valus. At least if people have horns Lolz.

I've always found it curious how So many amazing weapons are Solar. Gjallarhorn, Ice Breaker, Black Hammer, Hunger of Crota, Pocket Infinity, Vex Mythoclast, Vision of Confluence, Invective... Solar burn really gives a crazy flexibility for powerful load outs.

I've been waiting for a Solar Omnigul for a long time. I want to melt her face with Ghorn goodness. I didn't have it last time it came around. Bungie, don't fuck this up.

ocean

Banned
I'm only missing the Titan's Keeper of the Pact exotic now to have all the armor. I haven't maxed them all but I've gotten up to their exotic perks. Mat poverty prevents me from +36'ing them all.

HoW can't come soon enough.

Ahh I miss this place. The bloodborne OT moves so fast which means it's a bad place for noob questions :(

The game is so bloody hard. Like a nightfall with lightswitch on steroids

Gala

19/25 strikes for Bad Juju done, doing rocs instead of weekly or nightfall is good for my essence stock. Guess I'll complete the bounty later today.

420bits

19/25 strikes for Bad Juju done, doing rocs instead of weekly or nightfall is good for my essence stock. Guess I'll complete the bounty later today.

Did that last week, wasn't so bad, the bounty for Thorn is worse, could be because my voidweapon sucked ass but finished the pvpstep last night, now for the next part which suck even more (mainly because ppl kill Phogoth to quick)

Zoidberg

Doing daily if anyone wants to join, jiza88

edit: just finished

hah ruthless, you must have joined at the last second to register for the kill

Well this is my first Xur since December, and my first one on my Playstation account. Sorry guys... my inherently bad luck fucked us all.

But on a lighter note... I got the Urn!

I know, I know, he has that every week.

ich00

Almost have Wolfpack rounds. So close I can almost taste it.

Also just unlocked Explosive Rounds and Firefly on my Badger. Ho-lee-shit.

Don't use the explosive rounds and firefly together. I believe the ER breaks Firefly. Otherwise enjoy that gun, I have one as well it it's a really good Scout.

Gala

Did that last week, wasn't so bad, the bounty for Thorn is worse, could be because my voidweapon sucked ass but finished the pvpstep last night, now for the next part which suck even more (mainly because ppl kill Phogoth to quick)

Haha, yeah. I have the Thorn quest on may hunter and I don't have a good void weapon, I don't have any luck in CE for WoC or the Swordbreaker.

E92 M3

lol @ Xur today, but hey every week can't be a winner, he's been pretty good the last few weeks.

I bought... nothing, 590 coins saved. He didn't even have the telemetry I needed this week.

Every week I always buy at least 1 of each telemetry - nice to have the stockpile :p

Don't use the explosive rounds and firefly together. I believe the ER breaks Firefly. Otherwise enjoy that gun, I have one as well it it's a really good Scout.

Haven't noticed that. Explosive rounds do their usual damage, and if I get a headshot they explode nice and clean.

Manp

I'm only missing the Titan's Keeper of the Pact exotic now to have all the armor. I haven't maxed them all but I've gotten up to their exotic perks. Mat poverty prevents me from +36'ing them all.

HoW can't come soon enough.

the what?! >:|

Falchion

I looked up Xur's inventory when I got into work this morning and got really excited when I saw rocket launcher, but then I saw it was Dragon's Breath and was disappointed. I feel like I've seen so many DB's drop for people in the past week.

ich00

Haven't noticed that. Explosive rounds do their usual damage, and if I get a headshot they explode nice and clean.

Hm, maybe they fixed it then, my understaning was that Explosive Rounds are a bad idea with Firefly because it makes it harder to get precision kills as the explosive damage sometimes gets the kill rather than the precision shot. Like I said I could be wrong, I don't use the two perks together, maybe now I'll give it a go.

Hm, maybe they fixed it then, my understaning was that Explosive Rounds are a bad idea with Firefly because it makes it harder to get precision kills as the explosive damage sometimes gets the kill rather than the precision shot. Like I said I could be wrong, I don't use the two perks together, maybe now I'll give it a go.

It might steal a couple of kills, but if your shot does enough damage it still counts as a headshot before the explosive bonus is applied. At least, that's how its seemed to me.

Waldini

Dragon's Breath would actually be usefull if it had Agressive Tracking. Bungie should consider adding that. Getting a rocketlauncher with tracking is hard these days. Especially if you don't play IB and have enough Motes to re-roll the damn thing.

I shouldn't complain though. Picked up Gjallarhorn 7 and 8 last tuesday.

Now ... we wait. Wait for september to hit so I can start the hunt for Hawkmoon.

E92 M3

Next Thursday's update is going to be a throwaway since it will be about PVP =/

Can't believe they're not even talking about buffing weapons. No one cares about PVP.

Nothing for me from Xur. Hoping for HoPF upgrade. He sold it like 3 times prior to selling the actual thing. Since then, 0.

*goes back into hiding until Tuesday*

Maybe pop up if someone has ds normal checkpoint.

Waldini

Next Thursday's update is going to be a throwaway since it will be about PVP =/

Can't believe they're not even talking about buffing weapons. No one cares about PVP.

Was really hoping they would adress the nerfed Auto-Rifles. Those weapons are utterly useless now :(

GhaleonEB

The sustain team is very small, but the teams working on the DLC are pretty large. Especially Comet.

Dragon's Breath does seem to have a little tracking to it. Zoom in, zoom out quickly, and a red ring circles the target. I've fired it off that way, and it really seems like it will bend a little if the target moves.

Frostburn

Dragon's Breath does seem to have a little tracking to it. Zoom in, zoom out quickly, and a red ring circles the target. I've fired it off that way, and it really seems like it will bend a little if the target moves.

Even bullets do that to an extent, though more so with certain weapons then others.

E92 M3

Was really hoping they would adress the nerfed Auto-Rifles. Those weapons are utterly useless now :(

Yeah, it takes them forever to address weapon balances. Though they butchered the Mythoclast within weeks of complaining though.

Exactly what I always say. That's why I would GLADLY pay $5 dollars a month for game that's updated considerably more without these crazy dry spells. Like you said, the skeleton crew is very small which causes the updates to be in production forever.

ich00

OK DGaf, I need some opinions. I had a nice collection of Firefly perked SR's, once for each character, then RNG decided to bless me with a 4th, the NitC. So now what do to, keep all 4 (plus the various other SR's that I have from raids) or shard one. What I have is:

1. Badger CCL (Luck in the Chamber, Hammer Forged, Firefly)
2. B-Line Trauma (Zen Moment, Flared Magwell, Firefly)
3. Gheleon's Demise (Outlaw, Hammer Forged/Flared Mag, Firefly)
4. AnotherNitC (Final Round, Flared Mag, Firefly)

HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom