• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirow

Banned
Need 4 for Atheon HM x3 - HELP WICKED GET THE GJALLARHORN

1) Me PSN Phaethon (add me)
2) JGW
3)
4)
5)
6)

I SEE SOME OF YOU ON MY FRIENDS LIST, HIDING, DON'T WANT TO PLAY DESTINY ANYMORE! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

I can help out as well if there is still room

JTran2003

Need 4 for Atheon HM x3 - HELP WICKED GET THE GJALLARHORN

1) Me PSN Phaethon (add me)
2) JGW
3)
4)
5)
6)

I SEE SOME OF YOU ON MY FRIENDS LIST, HIDING, DON'T WANT TO PLAY DESTINY ANYMORE! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Still have room? Psn jtran2003. Will send friend request to phaethon.

Gordon

I wish there was an option to roll vendor weapon or armor perks.
That would be amazing. Gamebreaking even. If they made it retardedly expensive and/or restricted what perks you can reroll, I could see it being decent though. Like if you could only reroll the perks you can select between (scopes/barrels, and whatever tiers send it and all that are on) for a smaller fee or the two itemcard perks for an exorbitant fee - that would be awesome. Save up to try to turn my terribad roll into something half decent or roll a bunch of times to try to make it useful with the small buffs.

Edit: Oh dear god, I don't even want to type it
but it would be a pretty effective way to restrict it if they made it some random tower event like Iron Banner, just held by the vanguard. Meaning you would probably have to rank up via rep :/

MickeyPhree

Guys, I really want to do vault of glass since I haven't done it before. Would love to get a group going around 11pm est to run it with the newbie(me) in toe.

Doesn't matter if it's hm or nm. Have a 32 warlock, 31 Titan, or a 28 Hunter I can use. I'll be checking the thread periodically but won't be responding till I get out of work. Leave ur psn below.

1 Mickeyphree

So I started to play some PvP again for the first time in like 2 weeks and I immediately noticed the accuracy of the handcannons was pretty bad... did something happen in the time I was gone?

Can someone please help me? I've got some surgery done in my thumb joint area and I wanna know if that is the cause of me constantly missing my first few shots with for example a Hawkmoon in PVP.

their initial accuracy and range were nerfed. hawkmoon and the last word got hit the hardest.

bungie doesn't like people sniping with hand cannons.

Namikaze1

IMO that is what we should expect.

Ok I'll make an Urk Hype Post: "That is not the Giant Captain Raid Bosses Final Form!"
TDB was/is bad. As long as the strikes aren't Omnigul-bad, it's an automatic "Okay" in my book.

My hype levels are hovering just above 0 thanks to this post.
My hype levels are at 0. Only a Necrochasm buff can change that.

HoW better have an NLB successor.
Shake-My-Head-Reaction-Gif.gif

i didn't really have any expectations going into TDB. considering the state of the game at launch, i knew there was no way they'd have time to make meaningful changes to their first DLC.

House of Wolves is different, especially if it was really delayed. They've had plenty of time to design the raid, queen bounties, pvp maps (especially the vehicle ones using feedback from the first 3) and exotic gear. There's supposed to be a new social space as well, right?

There are plenty of reasons to be hyped. Whether it ends up being amazing is one thing, but the boom that The Dark Below brought to the game will surely be eclipsed if House of Wolves is at least on the same level.

But this is Destiny we're talking about. Even if it sucks, people will still grind for the loot.

Deku Tree

The problem for HoW is that a lot of people already have everything and the HoW exotics will not be that many and they'll probably have higher drop rates so people will get everything new quickly. TDB didn't have that problem.

I've been away from Destiny for a couple months now and haven't been following.

Has there been any news or leaks concerning HoW? What about Vault space, is it going to increase?

RetroMG

I've been away from Destiny for a couple months now and haven't been following.

Has there been any news or leaks concerning HoW? What about Vault space, is it going to increase?

Vault space is going to increase, but not significantly. (At least in my opinion.) It will be four more spaces for Armor, four more spaces for general, and sixteen more spaces for weapons.

The problem is that Bungie gave us this great tool to move items between characters, (but only if you have open vault space,) then used open vault space to say that a big increase wasn't needed.

Also, Xbox 360 and PS3 versions are also to blame.

Feorax

Xur and the Cryptarch have been very kind to me this weekend. Had enough motes for an engram yesterday which turned into Starfire Protocol, which was one of the three armour exotics I was missing.

Today, managed to grind out enough motes for one more engram. Turned into Armamentarium, which was another I was missing.

Just Lucky Raspberry and 4th Horseman to get now.

blackjaw

Cryptarch turned 6 purple engrams from last night (primary's, helmets, chest, legs) into shards/energy/mote and I've been pretty pissed at the game.

Got Heart of Praxis from the Xur engram lottery last night and Hawkmoon from normal Aetheon...RNG finally smiling on me?

Mindlog

Vault space is going to increase, but not significantly. (At least in my opinion.) It will be four more spaces for Armor, four more spaces for general, and sixteen more spaces for weapons.

The problem is that Bungie gave us this great tool to move items between characters, (but only if you have open vault space,) then used open vault space to say that a big increase wasn't needed.

Also, Xbox 360 and PS3 versions are also to blame.
I was wondering if there would be a response to that.
I read that in the update and chuckled to myself. It reminded me of the statement that reXurbished exotice would constitute and immediate upgrade when we ALL knew the missing perks would make a huge difference.
i didn't really have any expectations going into TDB. considering the state of the game at launch, i knew there was no way they'd have time to make meaningful changes to their first DLC.
I was excited for TDB, but many of the changes right before release really bummed me out.
I have incredibly low expectations for HoW. Deku's Hype pretty much nailed it.
Will definitely be trying to clear the Raid as soon as it's released, but Pillars of Eternity and Witcher 3 will be ready. If HoW doesn't move the needle I don't see Comet being a revelation.

QP3

Is anyone else saving legendary and exotic engram's for when the expansion comes out? Am I naive in doing so?

blackjaw

House of Wolves is different, especially if it was really delayed. They've had plenty of time to design the raid, queen bounties, pvp maps (especially the vehicle ones using feedback from the first 3) and exotic gear. There's supposed to be a new social space as well, right?

There are plenty of reasons to be hyped. Whether it ends up being amazing is one thing, but the boom that The Dark Below brought to the game will surely be eclipsed if House of Wolves is at least on the same level.

But this is Destiny we're talking about. Even if it sucks, people will still grind for the loot.

That's how I feel on most days. As long as I have friends to play with there is plenty to do.

ich00

Guys, I really want to do vault of glass since I haven't done it before. Would love to get a group going around 11pm est to run it with the newbie(me) in toe.

Doesn't matter if it's hm or nm. Have a 32 warlock, 31 Titan, or a 28 Hunter I can use. I'll be checking the thread periodically but won't be responding till I get out of work. Leave ur psn below.

1 Mickeyphree
2 ichabod00

I'll be glad to give you a hand / sherpa you through.

There's no feeling like being the last Guardian alive in a strike on the boss and having to houdini around for a few seconds to give others time to respawn...lol

you can still use it to level up the cryptarch and that'll drop the new stuff

isn't it something like 40 blue engrams to level up the crypt arch?

33 with a nightfall buff apparently

i wouldn't have nearly enough space to make that worthwhile

cheers tho

ocean

Banned
isn't it something like 40 blue engrams to level up the crypt arch?

33 with a nightfall buff apparently

i wouldn't have nearly enough space to make that worthwhile

cheers tho
Protip: whenever we get a date announcement, start planning your reputation gains. Ideally you'd want to be ready for HoW with the following:

200 Vanguard / Crucible Marks
As many factions as possible really close to a level up reward.

The idea being on HoW reset to tick each faction over the level up to see if you get lucky with armor or weapons. Depending on what you're missing, use Marks to buy new gear.

You can hold on to Public Event packages worth 5,000 XP and stockpile for the mass upgrades that'll come. But there's really no use in hanging on to engrams.

yeah that all makes sense

i never saved my public event packages and I'm not about to start grinding those now lol

i haven't done patrol bounties in forever

i might just stockpile 5k bounties .. all I'm missing is fourth horseman

RetroMG

Protip: whenever we get a date announcement, start planning your reputation gains. Ideally you'd want to be ready for HoW with the following:

200 Vanguard / Crucible Marks
As many factions as possible really close to a level up reward.

The idea being on HoW reset to tick each faction over the level up to see if you get lucky with armor or weapons. Depending on what you're missing, use Marks to buy new gear.

You can hold on to Public Event packages worth 5,000 XP and stockpile for the mass upgrades that'll come. But there's really no use in hanging on to engrams.

These are all really good ideas.

How many Public Event packages can the Postmaster hold? I've always just picked them up.

MickeyPhree

I'll be glad to give you a hand / sherpa you through.

Reposting again.

1 Mickeyphree
2 ichabod00

Yo Todd, can you add me to the Guardian Lord list? Thanks bro.

CBysCGIUgAAT0jJ.jpg

...what's "destiny?"

Page Top edit
Picture 1: Meditating at the center of the world-

CAmNWWwU8AEAtUl.jpg:large

Pic 2: A Hunter whose sword never disappears-

CBr7DjIUkAAzqZK.jpg:large

ocean

Banned
Reposting again.

1 Mickeyphree
2 ichabod00
As the week progresses it gets harder and harder to form full groups. Reset Tuesday's are a great day though in case you don't manage to get a team going :)

I'd have gladly joined but I'm not home right now. VoG is an absolutely amazing raid, it's worth the hassle to get a group together!

keakster

Reposting again.

1 Mickeyphree
2 ichabod00
3 keakster

I will be on but my gf will probably be asleep by then so mic use will be at a minimum, but am familiar with all aspects of the raid

Guys, I really want to do vault of glass since I haven't done it before. Doesn't matter if it's hm or nm.

I would strongly recommend doing NM first, just to learn the raid and have a fun time with it. I think newer players miss out by looking at the level of HM and jumping straight in since they're already Lv30+ from vendor/Crota's End gear.

Obviously you can get a few better weapons on HM, especially Fate Bringer and Vex Mythoclast, but there will be time for that later if you still want to try and get those weapons. All of the armor is outdated so that's not worth much on NM or HM, and you get the same two exotic weapon chances from doing NM that you would from HM (you'd get an extra chance at Vex from doing HM Atheon).

I'll keep an eye on the thread, might be able to hop in to help out/sherpa if needed but not sure if I'll be available at that time or not.

ocean

Banned

CBysCGIUgAAT0jJ.jpg

...what's "destiny?"
Congrats!! That's impressive, that game handed me my ass :p really surprised to see the Platinum percentage there be higher than Destiny's, which isn't skill-bound but rather just time consuming.

Deku Tree

CBysCGIUgAAT0jJ.jpg

...what's "destiny?"

Page Top edit
Picture 1: Meditating at the center of the world-

CAmNWWwU8AEAtUl.jpg:large

Pic 2: A Hunter whose sword never disappears-

CBr7DjIUkAAzqZK.jpg:large

Congrats Drizzay! You don't like dissapearing swords? I'm now just missing the two trophies you get from grinding the Chalice Dungeons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom