• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Yo Todd, can you add me to the Guardian Lord list? Thanks bro.

CBysCGIUgAAT0jJ.jpg

...what's "destiny?"

Page Top edit
Picture 1: Meditating at the center of the world-

CAmNWWwU8AEAtUl.jpg:large

Pic 2: A Hunter whose sword never disappears-

CBr7DjIUkAAzqZK.jpg:large
I got the platinum yesterday harrrr harrr

Btw did you do the root chalices? You can find many weapons and runes there. Now, since I have every weapon and armor in Destiny, I guess just have to wait for HoW.

LTWood12

I would strongly recommend doing NM first, just to learn the raid and have a fun time with it. I think newer players miss out by looking at the level of HM and jumping straight in since they're already Lv30+ from vendor/Crota's End gear.

Obviously you can get a few better weapons on HM, especially Fate Bringer and Vex Mythoclast, but there will be time for that later if you still want to try and get those weapons. All of the armor is outdated so that's not worth much on NM or HM, and you get the same two exotic weapon chances from doing NM that you would from HM (you'd get an extra chance at Vex from doing HM Atheon).

I'll keep an eye on the thread, might be able to hop in to help out/sherpa if needed but not sure if I'll be available at that time or not.

Would be up for a hard crota kill in a bit? Trying to get T-44 a helmet for his titan. Need hard gorgon cp too. If not no biggie

MickeyPhree

I would strongly recommend doing NM first, just to learn the raid and have a fun time with it. I think newer players miss out by looking at the level of HM and jumping straight in since they're already Lv30+ from vendor/Crota's End gear.

Obviously you can get a few better weapons on HM, especially Fate Bringer and Vex Mythoclast, but there will be time for that later if you still want to try and get those weapons. All of the armor is outdated so that's not worth much on NM or HM, and you get the same two exotic weapon chances from doing NM that you would from HM (you'd get an extra chance at Vex from doing HM Atheon).

I'll keep an eye on the thread, might be able to hop in to help out/sherpa if needed but not sure if I'll be available at that time or not.

That would probably be the best way to do it.

Would be up for a hard crota kill in a bit? Trying to get T-44 a helmet for his titan. Need hard gorgon cp too. If not no biggie
I have hard gorgon if you need it. I actually need to xfer it to another character if you join me. RIght now I am just framing glimmer, lmk.

keakster

looks like six to me. Keak in having trouble finding you on psn.

Once icha shows up I'll start setting everything up.

1 Mickeyphree
2 ichabod00
3 keakster
4 tq-xl18z
5 chrome_sitar
6 rasengan1337

You Mickeyphree? I sent a FR, seems kinda common people not finding me, not sure what's up

stb

yeah, i'm down for that.
PSN rasengan1337

edit: you still want to do the NFs, stb?

I'm gonna start these in just a minute. Send me a FR if you want to join. Psn berried_treasure

Edit: forewarned being forearmed, I may need to bail for the above HM Crota kill if it happens

Congrats!! That's impressive, that game handed me my ass :p really surprised to see the Platinum percentage there be higher than Destiny's, which isn't skill-bound but rather just time consuming.

Thanks! I'd spent hundreds of hours in Souls games before so it wasn't too bad for me, but there's always a big learning curve for newer players. Yeah I was surprised it reached 0.6% so quickly, although a couple Chalice Dungeon related ones are the only thing that take much time if you save-scum the three endings (I beat it twice, NG and NG+, then reloaded a save for the third ending).

Flawless Raider is the only real skill-based Destiny trophy and even that is a low bar with CE. I bet it's still scared off a lot of people from trying though.

Congrats Drizzay! You don't like dissapearing swords? I'm now just missing the two trophies you get from grinding the Chalice Dungeons.

haha Cross-OT conversation :p Thanks Deku, and disappearing swords are my favorite!

CDs can be a grind but not terrible, and they start becoming a lot of fun later on. I only had to spend ~10 minutes grinding Arcane Hazes at the very end, otherwise I got all the materials I needed just by playing them normally. Good luck!

I got the platinum yesterday harrrr harrr

Btw did you do the root chalices? You can find many weapons and runes there. Now, since I have every weapon and armor in Destiny, I guess just have to wait for HoW.

Congrats on your Horn by the way!!! I saw you post about it but forgot to actually post something at the time, d'oh.

As for BB, I take some credit for that Platinum by helping you kill a few of those bosses :p

Haven't touched the Roots yet but that's my next goal. I'm really curious if there are more secrets besides the
Ring of Betrothal
, although it's probably like looking for another VoG chest haha. I've looked around reddit and found some good glyphs to use for cool weapons, runes and maybe some Blood Rocks.

Damn 10 minute double post. Let's go for the triple, might as well. I'm probably in danger of falling off the Shame Wall for the first time in many moons, gotta do what I can.

edit: thanks for the triple post block Thunder :)

What time were you thinking? I will keep an eye on the thread and can definitely hop on if there's a group going and you need another body. My skills are a bit rusty but I've still teamfirsttried my only two kills these last two weeks, lol.

LTWood12

Damn 10 minute double post. Let's go for the triple, might as well. I'm probably in danger of falling off the Shame Wall for the first time in many moons, gotta do what I can.

edit: thanks for the triple post block Thunder :)

What time were you thinking? I will keep an eye on the thread and can definitely hop on if there's a group going and you need another body. My skills are a bit rusty but I've still teamfirsttried my only two kills these last two weeks, lol.

Now?

Including you and T-44 it looks like there are at least 6 that want to do it and still need loot, so I'd rather my spot go to them but only if there's someone that can run the sword of course. Gotta love that encounter design, lol.

If not, then I can hop on in ~5 and do a run or two if he's not being too Scrotastic.

LTWood12

Including you and T-44 it looks like there are at least 6 that want to do it and still need loot, so I'd rather my spot go to them but only if there's someone that can run the sword of course. Gotta love that encounter design, lol.

If not, then I can hop on in ~5 and do a run or two if he's not being too Scrotastic.

We need you buddy

Ltwood
Thunder
t-44
Nonoriri
Stb
Drdrizzay

I can stick around a bit after to help if needed. Unless I hit my spouse enrage timer.

todd360

CBysCGIUgAAT0jJ.jpg

...what's "destiny?"

Nice try M8. Your already on the list. You crazy kids and your desire to see your own name twice on lists. Back in my day we were lucky to even have a real destiny. Used to have to walk uphill to school both ways too. You kids have it easy now with your Internets and your magical blood powers and yer dolls. We never had a fancy doll that made us stronger by giving it a bottle of blood to drink. We had protein powder mixed with blood. Shit was nasty as hell, but we drank it. Took forever to make any strength gains. I always wanted me one of them dem dere ludwigs blades, but that shit was way to heavy for me. Now all you have to do is make a blood offering and its like you were hitting the gym for 5 years straight! Everyone is all self entitled now. We didn't have any fancy blood vials either. I had to lick blood off the ground to get health back! We truly were the best generation this hunt or be hunted world will ever see.

Shirow

Banned
Congrats!! That's impressive, that game handed me my ass :p really surprised to see the Platinum percentage there be higher than Destiny's, which isn't skill-bound but rather just time consuming.

Destiny plat depends to much on others for completion. I can't for one get a flawless raider party to save my life.

Futaba

I still have a tendency to start playing and end up somewhere out of the map.
This time outside traitors ketch.
CBzM_WtUgAA8dVm.jpg

Also, some geometry I found that isn't accessible. could someone extremely used to the crota raid tell me if they noticed any section of the raid that looks like this?

Bz7AmnuCUAAnZJd.jpg

Bz7G4NoCcAEgRn-.jpg

Got my fourth Thunderlord from a purple engram today and got my fourth Hawkmoon as a Roc Strike reward today.

Still only have one Gjallarhorn though. Really want a second in case a vault transfer messes up!

Guys so I'm leveling a Hunter, SHOULD I GET THE GLOVES FROM XUR TONIGHT? I heard they're good but...I'm levelling him fire first(Cause fire hunter is awwwesome).

Quickerinoo please

CBysCGIUgAAT0jJ.jpg

...what's "destiny?"

Page Top edit
Picture 1: Meditating at the center of the world-

CAmNWWwU8AEAtUl.jpg:large

Pic 2: A Hunter whose sword never disappears-

CBr7DjIUkAAzqZK.jpg:large

That's great. The Platinum seems reasonably challenging for BB, more so than DS2 anyway. Still interesting to see that the Platinum percentage is already higher than Destiny, lol.

I am still way behind the pack. I usually am, but in this case, it is seems worse than usual. It is awful. I am just getting to the Forbidden Woods now. I have a long way to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom