• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Guys so I'm leveling a Hunter, SHOULD I GET THE GLOVES FROM XUR TONIGHT? I heard they're good but...I'm levelling him fire first(Cause fire hunter is awwwesome).

Quickerinoo please

The answer to your question is FUCK YES.

Don't Touch Me is requisite Hunter gear, specially for the Bladedancer subclass.

The answer to your question is FUCK YES.

Don't Touch Me are requisite, especially for the Bladedancer subclass.

OK

Turning on my PS4 to get them~

IF BALLERHORN IS ON XURS LIST NEXT WEEK AND COSTS LIKE 40 COINS, I'M GOING TO BLAME YOU GHALEON FOR THESE GLOVES

no I'm kidding

don't ban me

GhaleonEB

OK

Turning on my PS4 to get them~

IF BALLERHORN IS ON XURS LIST NEXT WEEK AND COSTS LIKE 40 COINS, I'M GOING TO BLAME YOU GHALEON FOR THESE GLOVES

no I'm kidding

don't ban me

On balance, I'd rather have the gauntlets.

When you are a Bladedancer Hunter and have those gloves with a stealth build:

-If you get hit, you turn invisible. So, nothing can hit you a second time. It's saved my life hundreds of times.
-If you hit something with blink strike, you turn invisible. You can then do whatever you want from there.
-If you crouch for 3 seconds, you turn invisible. Over and over again.

I've explored the entirety of the Abyss in CE at my leisure, on HM, solo.

On balance, I'd rather have the gauntlets.

When you are a Bladedancer Hunter and have those gloves with a stealth build:

-If you get hit, you turn invisible.
-If you hit something with blink strike, you turn invisible.
-If you crouch for 3 seconds, you turn invisible.

I've explored the entirety of the Abyss in CE at my leisure, on HM, solo.

Ooh neat.

Too bad I'm doing a Solar hunter first...hmm....IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO GO BLADEDANCER I GUESS. I have 10 coins now...gonna power level my uh, hunter.

GhaleonEB

Oooh nice. You can pick up your own orbs o_O?

Those were the Titan's. We were orb chaining - I'd go super and create enough to charge him, then he would do the same for me. It's hard to tell since we're both blowing up so much stuff. We alternated like, five times to clear the room. :lol

Those were the Titan's. We were orb chaining - I'd go super and create enough to charge him, then he would do the same for me. It's hard to tell since we're both blowing up so much stuff. We alternated like, five times to clear the room. :lol

Ahhhh gotcha, ok now I know what it means~ Neat. Doing some bounties on my noob hunter to get his bladedancer up~should be fun

Thanks to Drizz and everyone else who showed up for HM this evening.

Np as always. Sadly that second kill really derailed, lol but always a good time with Gaffers. GG to everyone, I'll be around this weekend for more kills if anyone still wants to do it. Being in that room is such a drag to me, haha. Like some sort of torture chamber that triggers PTSD at this point...

Also I really need to buy a new controller or fix the ones I have. One DS4 has a broken left analog stick where I can't run and the other has a broken right stick that swings the camera randomly. Any way to fix the sticks?

It was only ever an issue on the very last attempt when I got stuck up next to Scrota and couldn't run away before his bullshit AoE "sword" attack killed me from a mile away. It looks like this by the way, notice the AoE effect around Scrota:

CBzcwBxUgAA0S1U.jpg:large

Sword guy died here even though he's clearly nowhere near Scrota's sword. Have I mentioned recently how fucking garbage this fight design is....

Ooh neat.

Too bad I'm doing a Solar hunter first...hmm....IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO GO BLADEDANCER I GUESS. I have 10 coins now...gonna power level my uh, hunter.

I use Dont Touch Me's almost exclusively on my Hunter in PvE, even if I am a gunslinger. They have the best all around utility for any Hunter Exotic imo.

Hunter Exotics feel far more weighted for PvP in general. Outside of Don't Touch Me's, almost every Exotic Hunter armor is better for PvP than PvE.

Also, some geometry I found that isn't accessible. could someone extremely used to the crota raid tell me if they noticed any section of the raid that looks like this?

I'm someone extremely familiar with crota raid. Those are unused pieces of geometry like you said. They're right next to the Wakening mission, totally unrelated to the raid. Also they were present on the disc at launch, not part of the raid that (we're assuming) was downloaded in the 2 GB patch for TDB.

CBzeBqMUEAAkNYU.jpg

I spent a few hours in those OoB areas back in November, fun stuff. There's some areas that extend past where the end of the Wakening mission is, with the Scrota Soul crystal and the witches:

CBzeJIcUEAA2qaP.jpg

I use Dont Touch Me's almost exclusively on my Hunter in PvE, even if I am a gunslinger. They have the best all around utility for any Hunter Exotic imo.

Hunter Exotics feel far more weighted for PvP in general. Outside of Don't Touch Me's, almost every Exotic Hunter armor is better for PvP than PvE.

think a lot of that has to do with both hunter supers being tailored for pvp as well

Karl2177

I still have a tendency to start playing and end up somewhere out of the map.
This time outside traitors ketch.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBzM_WtUgAA8dVm.jpg

Also, some geometry I found that isn't accessible. could someone extremely used to the crota raid tell me if they noticed any section of the raid that looks like this?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bz7AmnuCUAAnZJd.jpg
Bz7G4NoCcAEgRn-.jpg

I might be wrong, but I believe this one is a part of some geometry trickery that Bungie likes to use. I think this is the bridge you see in the distance when you're heading down inside the Hellmouth through Temple of Crota.

Destiny plat depends to much on others for completion. I can't for one get a flawless raider party to save my life.

If we can get another group going around here sometime we can bust it out. I've done 9-10 flawless CEs (6 VoGs), usually takes ~1 hour for each CE group.

Depending on others is the whole point of the trophy though.

That's great. The Platinum seems reasonably challenging for BB, more so than DS2 anyway. Still interesting to see that the Platinum percentage is already higher than Destiny, lol.

I am still way behind the pack. I usually am, but in this case, it is seems worse than usual. It is awful. I am just getting to the Forbidden Woods now. I have a long way to go...

I think DS2 plat was more of a time-grind and BB has a higher skill ceiling, but still very attainable. I never bothered to plat DeS or DS1 because of those stupid max weapon grinds, etc. Not appealing, especially DeS with the pure white/black world tendency silliness, no thanks.

Souls players are pretty obsessive about completing the games. Veteran players that skip optional areas could finish a blind BB play-through in ~35 hrs. Forbidden Woods is further along the required portion than you might think, but there are lots of optional areas that rank as some of the very best stuff.

I might be wrong, but I believe this one is a part of some geometry trickery that Bungie likes to use. I think this is the bridge you see in the distance when you're heading down inside the Hellmouth through Temple of Crota.

It's not, it's the same geometry I posted above. It's sitting out of bounds right off to the side of one of the hallways in the Wakening mission, before you get to the main hallway in front of the crystal room. Just cut/unused stuff.

stb

Thanks to Drizz and everyone else who showed up for HM this evening.

Yes; thanks, all. First try kill was great!

I got Word of Crota (I think someone else did, too), which was new to me and great to get. I think I have all the raid weapons and armor now (except the Warlock helmet). Just need Crux and the ships.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Yes; thanks, all. First try kill was great!

I got Word of Crota (I think someone else did, too), which was new to me and great to get. I think I have all the raid weapons and armor now (except the Warlock helmet). Just need Crux and the ships.

I was hoping to get Word ;__; (got another Fang, better than nothing I suppose)

Gala

Wouldn't mind doing a crota kill. After dying so much in bloodborne, killing a boss is exactly what I need right now :p

I'm giving it one last try with this group. Our dutch father whos kid can count to 10 on his headset is finally back.

Edit: Jeah, nevermind. Let's make a group then ruthless.

Crota HM:
1. Gala
2. Ruthless

blazeuk

I'm giving it one last try with this group. Our dutch father whos kid can count to 10 on his headset is finally back.

Edit: Jeah, nevermind. Let's make a group then ruthless.

Crota HM:
1. Gala
2. Ruthless
3. blazeuk

I'm in.

Ken

I have a weird urge to try this again. Are there any simple guides to everything that came out or changed since The Dark Below DLC?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
How did I overlook Mr. Drizzay's post here

Not appealing, especially DeS with the pure white/black world tendency silliness, no thanks.
Souls players are pretty obsessive about completing the games.

But getting the Holy Trinity for Demon's Souls is a fucking experience like no other
I went out f my way to earn those fuckers

NA Platinum
EU Platinum
Asian Platinum

Thanks ruthles, miss doing VoG + Scrotum Prime with ya', also miss giving out DAT Gorgon Checkpoint =/

How did I overlook Mr. Drizzay's post here But getting the Holy Trinity for Demon's Souls is a fucking experience like no other
I went out f my way to earn those fuckers/

lol damn GR-X, that is a serious grind, no wonder you can bust out all those bounties no problem! Glad to see you looking good and getting healthy buddy :)

How did I overlook Mr. Drizzay's post here

But getting the Holy Trinity for Demon's Souls is a fucking experience like no other
I went out f my way to earn those fuckers

NA Platinum
EU Platinum
Asian Platinum

Thanks ruthles, miss doing VoG + Scrotum Prime with ya', also miss giving out DAT Gorgon Checkpoint =/

The Bladestone, my god, the bladestone. I don't even...

I have a weird urge to try this again. Are there any simple guides to everything that came out or changed since The Dark Below DLC?

What type of info are you looking for? Not that much has changed, the TDB DLC was pretty paltry with content. Some basic stuff like now you can buy planetary materials for marks, weapon balancing patches, etc. I'm sure anyone around here can help answer any more detailed questions.

Check with DrDrizzay, he seems to be 4 manning Crota, maybe both of you can join him. Doesn't look like there are enough people right now.

Yeah sorry everyone, I should have posted earlier. We did 3 NM and 2 HM kills already just 4-manning it :-/

Doing 1 more HM kill now, Gala and Blaze joined. (edit: apologies in advance for whatever crazy shit my non-Gaf friends say or do, lol)

The Bladestone, my god, the bladestone. I don't even...

Yeah, no kidding o_O

Welp, as soon as poor Gala and Blaze showed up it totally derailed, sorry guys.

I have no patience for wasting time on that fight anymore, so sick of that fucking room. Such an easy, painfully boring encounter- half the time is literally spent standing around. I'm happy to help my non-Gaf buddies but there's a difference between joking around, having fun and just wasting everyone's time. I've done it so many times I can knock it out every time regardless of chatting or anything else but most people don't have ~250 Crota kills. Bah-humbug.

I've played Destiny everyday this week. but apart from 3 Nightfalls, done absolutely nothing worthwhile, just bounties and levelling weapons/gear.
All my friends/clan mates have been off playing other games, or doing other things.

Feels really bad.

No raids, no gorgon chest, no nothing :/

Why am I still so addicted to this game and have no other game I want to play until May 19th?

Servers borked today? Tried logging on and got weasel'ed twice before even hitting the tower. This shit is getting ridiculous.

You seam to have a million more server errors than anyone else, can't remember my last weasel/baboon, it's like <= 3 times a week.
This week zero.

You seam to have a million more server errors than anyone else, can't remember my last weasel/baboon, it's like <= 3 times a week.
This week zero.

It's true. Three errors a week? Sounds like heaven, dude. I average ten a day, and I'm all out of ideas. I've rewired my internet, connected the Bone directly to my modem, I've done everything short of replacing my modem altogether. Since Destiny's the only game I have issues with I doubt that could be the problem, though. I'm guessing it's an issue with my ISP locking down one of the ports Destiny needs to be open and not allowing me to change it. I'm definitely not the only one with issues, Destiny forums are rife with them, but I seem to be one of the only people on here in any case.

My ISP says it's Bungie's fault and Bungie doesn't say anything. Go figure. For once being my favorite company, their refusal to talk about anything wrong with their game is just a slap in the face. It took them over a week to get the game running properly over when it came out, but they never even communicated the fact that they were working on it.

At this point, I'm about ready to take another break until House of Wolves comes out. I really enjoy the core gameplay, but Bungie's inability to deliver a stable service for me is just annoying.

It's true. Three errors a week? Sounds like heaven, dude. I average ten a day, and I'm all out of ideas. I've rewired my internet, connected the Bone directly to my modem, I've done everything short of replacing my modem altogether. Since Destiny's the only game I have issues with I doubt that could be the problem, though. I'm guessing it's an issue with my ISP locking down one of the ports Destiny needs to be open and not allowing me to change it. I'm definitely not the only one with issues, Destiny forums are rife with them, but I seem to be one of the only people on here in any case.

My ISP says it's Bungie's fault and Bungie doesn't say anything. Go figure. For once being my favorite company, their refusal to talk about anything wrong with their game is just a slap in the face. It took them over a week to get the game running properly over when it came out, but they never even communicated the fact that they were working on it.

At this point, I'm about ready to take another break until House of Wolves comes out. I really enjoy the core gameplay, but Bungie's inability to deliver a stable service for me is just annoying.

That sounds plain awful man, I'd blow my top in your position.

It's easy for one to blame the other, "it's not us, it's them" but there is clearly some kind of conflict happening, like you said ISP or ports need opening. Have Bungie explicitly said what ones they use?

Hang in there.

Gala

Welp, as soon as poor Gala and Blaze showed up it totally derailed, sorry guys.

I have no patience for wasting time on that fight anymore, so sick of that fucking room. Such an easy, painfully boring encounter- half the time is literally spent standing around. I'm happy to help my non-Gaf buddies but there's a difference between joking around, having fun and just wasting everyone's time. I've done it so many times I can knock it out every time regardless of chatting or anything else but most people don't have ~250 Crota kills. Bah-humbug.

No problem at all! Thanks for taking us!

Gonna look for a group later in the day again, maybe more people are awake then or are finished with Bloodborne :D

ultrazilla

Anyone out there willing to help me with completing my Thorn bounty? Perhaps you're at the same area? I need to fight Phogoth and wait for the witch to spawn from the third ship while fighting to get it. If anyone is down, I'm up now and want to get this done!

I'm also up for doing the weekly Nightfall!

PS4/PSN Kaijuseijin Level 32 Titan

That sounds plain awful man, I'd blow my top in your position.

It's easy for one to blame the other, "it's not us, it's them" but there is clearly some kind of conflict happening, like you said ISP or ports need opening. Have Bungie explicitly said what ones they use?

Hang in there.

There's an article on Bnet that states what ports need to be open for Destiny to function properly. One of them, I think it's 53, is specifically blocked by my ISP "to guarantee safety".

I honestly blame Bungie for making a console game that requires this much technical know-how to function properly. The game is often borderline unplayable for me and a lot of other European players, but they have their heads so far up their own asses I don't expect them to care at this point. They already have my money.

ocean

Banned
Page 2 of Community for the first time :| dark times...

Quick question: do AP sniper shots penetrate Titan bubbles?

I guess I'll probably try to get my grimoire score up during these down time for the game once I sell Bloodborne. PVP is going to be hard.

patchday

Could've sworn I've seen the DGAF thread fall off page 1 a few times but I didnt screenshot it

Oh man... I really did intend to login yesterday to run 1 weekly and purchase Sunbreakers. But I forgot... Bloodborne has been consuming all my time. And even after it is done, Dark Souls II releases and Mortal Kombat X.

I fear I might not have extra time left for Destiny. Which is a shame. It really has drastically improved since launch. Just need to raise the silly glimmer cap and increase vaults. I've lost all hope for map voting to hit Strikes and Crucible though. And like a broken record, I am going to keep complaining this is just not right. Halo 3 had map voting. So I'd assume they know how to implement it unless that knowledge departed to 343.

I really do adore the new pvp maps in TDB but lack of map voting means I cant avoid Skyshock... I'd at least play the game for pvp...

Could've sworn I've seen the DGAF thread fall off page 1 a few times but I didnt screenshot it

Oh man... I really did intend to login yesterday to run 1 weekly and purchase Sunbreakers. But I forgot... Bloodborne has been consuming all my time. And even after it is done, Dark Souls II releases and Mortal Kombat X.

I fear I might not have extra time left for Destiny. Which is a shame. It really has drastically improved since launch. Just need to raise the silly glimmer cap and increase vaults. I've lost all hope for map voting to hit Strikes and Crucible though. And like a broken record, I am going to keep complaining this is just not right. Halo 3 had map voting. So I'd assume they know how to implement it unless that knowledge departed to 343.

I really do adore the new pvp maps in TDB but lack of map voting means I cant avoid Skyshock...

Halo 3 also had actual objective game modes. Crucible has been in dire need of a total revamp since launch. It's fun, but it's just not worth playing and there is way too little variety to keep it fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom