• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Well, I got to the Nightfall boss solo, but forgot that the Minotaur can spawn behind before you're done sniping the ones down below. Whoops. Probably would have been fine had I remembered.

Anyone still need the Nightfall? I might try it again in a bit solo otherwise.

patchday

Logged in to buy Glasshouse earlier, so I have every exotic now. Woo.

Only 4 people on my friends list were playing lol. Also everyone playing Rumble was terrible. Every match was a breeze. I know I'm good, but not that good.

I guess all the good players moved onto Bloodborne.

Stop pretending you don't care, Todd.

Yeah.. Havent played destiny very much lately. I logged on for ruin wings (xur) and got red death(xur) but havent even played the game at all. I do want to log on and run one weekly since I'm low on coins. no exotics really left that I care for.

Been questioning myself. guess I've been kind of playing for the wrong reasons (carrots/loot). Now that I have acquired all the carrots I lack motivation to play

Podge293

Hello hello fine people of NeoGaf

After what seems like years (really only months) I should probably crack into the raids. Alas none of my current amigos on XBL are able to assist (primarily due to them not having destiny and/or an X1).

Bearing that in mind if anyone needs a new guy to tag along on a raid or two and do his bestest (I'm decent, not great but decent), please feel free to hit me up.

XBL tag is podgek293. Feel free to add and drop a message. Probably the best times to catch me is Saturday mornings till 5pm (GMT) or most weekday evenings after 10pm(GMT).

I can't guarantee perfection but I can guarantee a trier

123rl

Add me - rlench

I'm off work tomorrow so anyone want to do either raid on normal mode? As I said a few pages ago I haven't done VoG before so it'll be a totally new experience for me. I may need carrying

GhaleonEB

My Hunter soloed the Nightfall. Just stayed on top, but that was still plenty intense dashing to and fro, had several very near misses with the Minotaur on top. At one point I got disoriented and found myself facing a wall as he bore down on me...bonk. Don't Touch Me saved my hide.

Got a sorta crappy looking legendary arc heavy machine gun, which is headed to the vault for my future Titan to use.

I didn't think I'd be able to actually solo it. Was more fun than I thought (though, I'd still rather have had a partner...)

RetroMG

Been questioning myself. guess I've been kind of playing for the wrong reasons (carrots/loot). Now that I have acquired all the carrots I lack motivation to play

I've been thinking about this a lot since the last time the Nightfall was Omnigul. I was complaining to my wife about having to do the Nightfall because Omnigul is such an awful strike. She stared at me blankly and said, "If you hate it so much, why are you doing it? This is a game, not your job."

I didn't really know what to say. Loot? But I'd lost confidence that RNG was going to give me anything. XP bonus? All my characters were 32. The best answer I could come up with was because Tuesday night is the night that I play Destiny with my friends, and I'm at a point in my life where having time to spend with my friends is a rare commodity.

I'm in a similar position - I've acquired all the carrots. (Well, all the ones I really want.) I've pretty much decided that until HoW comes out, I'm playing socially. I probably won't put hours into the game by myself anymore, but if a raid is forming and needs an extra gun, I'm in. And if I can get a Fang of Ir Yut and a Black Hammer for every character before HoW drops, so much the better.

My Hunter soloed the Nightfall. Just stayed on top, but that was still plenty intense dashing to and fro, had several very near misses with the Minotaur on top. At one point I got disoriented and found myself facing a wall as he bore down on me...bonk. Don't Touch Me saved my hide.

Got a sorta crappy looking legendary arc heavy machine gun, which is headed to the vault for my future Titan to use.

I didn't think I'd be able to actually solo it. Was more fun than I thought (though, I'd still rather have had a partner...)

Thats awesome, it can be very tricky to solo with Voidburn. I imagine Truth helped alot. Can it take the Minotaur in 1 rocket?

I've been thinking about this a lot since the last time the Nightfall was Omnigul. I was complaining to my wife about having to do the Nightfall because Omnigul is such an awful strike. She stared at me blankly and said, "If you hate it so much, why are you doing it? This is a game, not your job."

I didn't really know what to say. Loot? But I'd lost confidence that RNG was going to give me anything. XP bonus? All my characters were 32. The best answer I could come up with was because Tuesday night is the night that I play Destiny with my friends, and I'm at a point in my life where having time to spend with my friends is a rare commodity.

I'm in a similar position - I've acquired all the carrots. (Well, all the ones I really want.) I've pretty much decided that until HoW comes out, I'm playing socially. I probably won't put hours into the game by myself anymore, but if a raid is forming and needs an extra gun, I'm in. And if I can get a Fang of Ir Yut and a Black Hammer for every character before HoW drops, so much the better.

Yeah, I don't blame you.Obviously I have carrots I want to get, But if you've accomplished your goals, then taking a break isn't a negative. Destiny is a game that you keep playing because you want to get the perfect gear...and the great shooting mechanics of course. But the content leaves something to be desired. I wish there was more exploration, more hidden secrets. Instead we get circular paths that bend towards each other, no real exploration.

I'm playing cause...I wanna get stuff I still want.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Just got the second perk on Super Good Advice and after play testing it for a bit, I must say, its nowhere near as bad as people keep saying. Does it hold a candle to Thunderlord? Of course not, but then no other machine gun except for maybe the Iron Banner one does. Its fun to use, and the recoil is very manageable once you get used to it...

TheOddOne

The best way I find to counter the top Minotaur is to walk past him after he spawns and get out of the cave area. He usually will go to the spot where you're use to jump off, but he will stand there confused. Then take your time taking him down. Once and a while he does chase you out of the caves though, but it happens mostly when he’s enraged.
I only know rudimentary things about the CE raid anyway (only have WATCHED it played).

Any other viable regen options available for Titans specifically?
I use the Insurmountable Skullfort, which has Infusion (Replenishes health each time you pick up an Orb of Light).

Ugh! I just banged my head against the wall trying to solo the first two Crota's End Normal drops (on PS3) on my 28 Warlock. I cleared the first one and gave up on the second. You're just too weak at level 28 because the enemies on the bridge are all 31. I did get some Gauntlets out of it, though.

Oh, you know how we were talking about Doc Hunter

docs_glasses.jpg
nVtfOqh.jpg

wearing a Thrallneck Sweater? Well...

thrallwear.png

Just got the second perk on Super Good Advice and after play testing it for a bit, I must say, its nowhere near as bad as people keep saying. Does it hold a candle to Thunderlord? Of course not, but then no other machine gun except for maybe the Iron Banner one does. Its fun to use, and the recoil is very manageable once you get used to it...
Super Good Advice is THE Vault of Glass weapon:

SGA.png

Shots on Oracles and Detain nets qualify for "missing their target". You rarely have to reload the gun if you use it exclusively for those purposes, and you can easily solo the Oracles when you get teleported away from Atheon.

420bits

Anyone up for a normal vog or crota? I've had the game since launch and still haven't completed any of them. 31 warlock :D

amar212

Super Good Advice is THE Vault of Glass weapon:

SGA.png

Shots on Oracles and Detain nets qualify for "missing their target". You rarely have to reload the gun if you use it exclusively for those purposes, and you can easily solo the Oracles when you get teleported away from Atheon.

Mind Blown.

MIND BLOWN.

MIND BLOWN.

Shirow

Banned
Im halfway through the Void Crucible part of the Thorn bounty but it is just so soul destroying and boring.
Man I loved that part and found the thorn bounty to be sooo much easier than the bad juju one. That was crazy. I did it on my titan with the void grenades, that VOG auto rifle (atheon's Epilogue?), Swordbreaker/LD 5001 Void) and a Void dmg Machine Gun. Was done in 2 days of moderate playing. All about the gear thou.

Edit: Ohh and I played the team deathmatch mode, can't remember the name now.

Gala

Man I loved that part and found the thorn bounty to be sooo much easier than the bad juju one. That was crazy. I did it on my titan with the void grenades, that VOG auto rifle (atheon's Epilogue?), Swordbreaker/LD 5001 Void) and a Void dmg Machine Gun. Was done in 2 days of moderate playing. All about the gear thou.

Id did the 10000 Bad Juju Points in around 3 hours on clash today. Was a blast with The Last Word as a primary. Just got my Bad Juju <3

What I really dislike about the thorn bounty is that you lose points when you die. They should really make it that you won't and the crucible part of Thorn would be fun.

After what seems like years (really only months) I should probably crack into the raids. Alas none of my current amigos on XBL are able to assist (primarily due to them not having destiny and/or an X1).

Bearing that in mind if anyone needs a new guy to tag along on a raid or two and do his bestest (I'm decent, not great but decent), please feel free to hit me up.

XBL tag is podgek293. Feel free to add and drop a message. Probably the best times to catch me is Saturday mornings till 5pm (GMT) or most weekday evenings after 10pm(GMT).

You may struggle to find a game on here for a few reasons. Most people on here play on PSN and a lot of people have taken a break from Destiny at least until HoW drops. That and games are predominantly at USA friendly times especially on X1 . If you don't manage to find a group and are new to raiding you can try destinysherpa on reddit or find an active group on the100, or even just scroll through their public games. Just look out for sherpa sessions. Like you I had no one to raid with but since joining an active 100 group I've had no problems doing raids/nightfalls at a decent GMT timezone. Also everyone I've come across has been friendly and helpful to new raiders.

They really need to start adding some new content now, even if it's just different bounties, even christmas noobs like me are starting to hit the wall. The only weapon left that I would really like is black hammer. At the very least they should start talking about HoW. I mean apart from a christmas package at the post master there has literally been nothing new.

patchday

Oh noes I hope this week isn't Omnigul. Was going to at least log on for an hour or two but that weekly is the absolute worst one and will keep me away. Guess I could log on and check...

shaw515

Neo Member

I'll add you. I still play frequently and it is fun playing with newer people.

Last night was fun. We finished normal crota in 16 minutes and I'm sure we could have gone much faster. It's crazy the way experiences in the raid can vary. I remember the first time I attempted Crota we were stuck in the abyss for 90 minutes and never ended up beating it. Also defeated Crota twice last night with one sword which was a new experience.

ocean

Banned
Oh noes I hope this week isn't Omnigul. Was going to at least log on for an hour or two but that weekly is the absolute worst one and will keep me away. Guess I could log on and check...
The Solar burn Omnigul goes by easy. Arc burn is a butch though I'll grant you that.

This week is
Valus Ta'aurc
, at least if Megaman is correct. As if that wasn't bad enough,
there's no burn

Think I'll be skipping Nightfalls this week.

ocean

Banned
I don't wanna sound like those LFG scrubs but I wanna run a no-burn Valus using only Gjallarhorns against him. In honestly curious about how many rockets to the face the guy can stand.

I'm gonna guess 40. All 3 FT members unloading 2 full magazines *should* (I hope) down him :p

Id did the 10000 Bad Juju Points in around 3 hours on clash today. Was a blast with The Last Word as a primary. Just got my Bad Juju <3

What I really dislike about the thorn bounty is that you lose points when you die. They should really make it that you won't and the crucible part of Thorn would be fun.

When playing the PVP component of both the Thorn and Invective Bounties, I chose Control matches because I could choose where I have encounters with the other team.

My play-style, previously, was typically spastic and aggressive. To achieve the k/d ratio required by those bounties I really had to change the way I approach matches. I became one of those players who approaches each encounter very, very conservatively.

Completing those bounties changed the way I play Crucible. I still am aggressive and sometimes spastic; however, I pick and choose my encounters more regularly. I'm constantly watching the radar. If it looks like I'm being flanked due to a spawn flip, I boogie out of there to preserve my life. I pick one control point and I hunt any foe who comes into my space. I've slowed down dramatically and rarely use the run feature.

While working on those bounties, I noticed that most people run around the map seemingly without any purpose. When they're charging me I walk backwards and concentrate on nailing headshots. Most of the time keeping that distance is enough to kill them. If not, I use the blink strike/shotgun approach to putting them down.

I'm still not very good at Crucible (looking at my K/D ratio will prove that), but I am improving because I changed the way I approach the game.

Oh and for Thorn, you should embrace the Master Race of Guardians

lwOxeYi.gif

Also, because I'm at the top of the page, I'll use this fortuitous position to get back on my soapbox. Our Guardians (even the Exos) need to be able to, retroactively, grow space beards. At this point, even my Exo female Hunter would benefit from the extra frabjous that some quality facial hair would give her.

Also, because I'm at the top of the page, I'll use this fortuitous position to get back on my soapbox. Our Guardians (even the Exos) need to be able to, retroactively, grow space beards. At this point, even my Exo female Hunter would benefit from the extra frabjous that some quality facial hair would give her.

Bungie should speak with CD Projekt RED and license their real-time beard growing technology.

blackjaw

Good job, I wish there was a higher reward or better roll for soloing, I always felt really accomplished and then dissapoonted at the reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom