• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
11 hours for DestinyGAF to go through one page

OT dropping to page 2 of community for the first time

RIP

1136770_o.gif
Page 2 of Community for the first time :| dark times...

Quick question: do AP sniper shots penetrate Titan bubbles?

Quick!! delete your characters D:

Just got my Warlock to 27.

Would love to:

1. Get help through this easy Nightfall
2. Do CE NM with some heavy hitters
3. Do Gorgon HM (did NM) and kill Atheon a couple times

Anybody who can help with any of this, I'd really appreciate it!!!

Man, that was a grind. Now for my level 6 titan . . .

LTWood12

Yes; thanks, all. First try kill was great!

I got Word of Crota (I think someone else did, too), which was new to me and great to get. I think I have all the raid weapons and armor now (except the Warlock helmet). Just need Crux and the ships.

Thanks again for the invite!

I was hoping to get Word ;__; (got another Fang, better than nothing I suppose)

Awesome stb! I really like WoC, and it's so much better than epilogue for the Nightfalls.

ive still got the checkpoint, so I may be looking to do HM crota for funsies tonight. Maybe I can get Rawr on board.

have a happy Easter everyone. Good seeing you smile Grave!

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Awesome stb! I really like WoC, and it's so much better than epilogue for the Nightfalls.

ive still got the checkpoint, so I may be looking to do HM crota for funsies tonight. Maybe I can get Rawr on board.

have a happy Easter everyone. Good seeing you smile Grave!

I still need one more HM crota so hopefully we can get that together tonight. Maybe I'll get a WoC this time :3

Would love to:

I can give you hm gorgons. Two ass mats coming right up.

H-Hey!

I kept asking for help and no one came up with anything good. I should have just made it something like OT in deej we trust.

Baka

Don't worry, no one will remember this OT when the next one comes up, which should be in around 6 weeks when HoW hopefully comes out.

LTWood12

Would love to:

I'll try and check in with you later today. If you're still on at that point id be happy to help you out.

I tried power leveling my hunter

Its painful i got my ass kicked

It feels so weird after playing titan and warlock, its hard jumping on high places

Atone13

Hey guys, I was hoping I could get some quick advice on the best way to go about things now that I've hit 20 and finished the story missions. I've gotten a few pieces of light gear to start leveling up with that, but I'm still a bit unsure as to what the best use of my playtime would be. I know I'm a little late to the party, but over the last few days I've really been enjoying the game and I find myself when not playing, thinking about playing. Problem is, I'm really not sure what I should be doing.

Since I hit 20, I've done a few strike missions through the matchmaking and did the daily heroic story mission today, hence the few pieces of light gear that I have. I've also done done daily story bounty mission, and a few other standard bounties. But aside from continuously spamming the random strike matchmaking, I'm pretty lost as to what I should be spending my time doing for the best chance at some better loot.

So, that's pretty much it, any tips would be appreciated. I should mention I haven't purchased the Dark Below yet, but if it's recommended I can easily scoop that up later today. I played most of this morning, and have some family Easter stuff to tend to for a while, but I have later this afternoon and evening to get some more playtime in.

GhaleonEB

Would love to:

I can help with the Nightfall; I'm about to run the daily on my Warlock, but shoot me a FR/invite if you want to run it.

LTWood12

Hey guys, I was hoping I could get some quick advice on the best way to go about things now that I've hit 20 and finished the story missions. I've gotten a few pieces of light gear to start leveling up with that, but I'm still a bit unsure as to what the best use of my playtime would be. I know I'm a little late to the party, but over the last few days I've really been enjoying the game and I find myself when not playing, thinking about playing. Problem is, I'm really not sure what I should be doing.

Since I hit 20, I've done a few strike missions through the matchmaking and did the daily heroic story mission today, hence the few pieces of light gear that I have. I've also done done daily story bounty mission, and a few other standard bounties. But aside from continuously spamming the random strike matchmaking, I'm pretty lost as to what I should be spending my time doing for the best chance at some better loot.

So, that's pretty much it, any tips would be appreciated. I should mention I haven't purchased the Dark Below yet, but if it's recommended I can easily scoop that up later today. I played most of this morning, and have some family Easter stuff to tend to for a while, but I have later this afternoon and evening to get some more playtime in.

First thing I would say is buy TDB. I definitely think its worth it.

So moving on, two things you need to be working toward. Increasing Vanguard Rank and earning Vanguard Marks. Increase your rank by doing your bounties, strike playlist, & the weekly heroic strike (and eventually the nightfall strike). You'll earn marks from those last two things.

You'll probably get some decent gear to drop while doing that stuff, and you'll be earning currency to buy gear from the Vanguard. Once you hit 26 you can run through VoG with some of us. Its an awesome experience and I love playing with people who are doing it for the first time.

Hit 30 and your ready for Crota's End.

Thanks for the help, guys! Unlocked self-revive, which is pretty damn badass. (Edit: shit it was something else; almost to self-revive though)

Got a legendary engram that turned into ascendant energy for the NF. Didn't deserve more though I guess since I got carried. Worth it for EXP boost and Vanguard rank for sure (and fun of seeing you guys dominate).

So I'm still hoping to kill Atheon both modes and do CE NM before the reset (and grind up my damn titan!) . . .

Finally beat Hard mode Crota for the first time ever and beat Crota for the first time on my Titan. It was fun but after beating Crota it went from excitement to disappointment almost immediately.

Downed the boss and I saw 5 boxes rotating on the right side of the screen. I was like holy shit one of this has to be one of the hard raid weapons? Nope. It gave me 2 shaders, shard, energy and the helmet. Five loot drops and it couldn't give me one of 2 weapons? Really? So disappointing. I hate how loot works in this game.

I thought you were guaranteed a weapon the first time you kill Crota? Also that titan helmet looks like absolute shit.

blazeuk

Damn, tough weekend to find raiders :( Usually get 5-6 raids in, only done 2 so far.

So, anyone up for a raid or few?

Yep, haven't done any HM Crota this week so far, went through 2 NM runs earlier in the week but that's about it. Admittedly I haven't been online as much this reset but the times I have been it's been pretty quiet.

Still have 1 NM CE run to do which is easy enough but 3x HM Crota with randoms from LFG websites isn't high on my list of things that sound like fun.

deafmedal

Which one? Wheelhoss needs normal crota, I can help.

Don't care, lol! Just don't feel like rushing through the loot drops, would prefer full runs of either raid at either difficulty, with as little nacho sauce as possible :)

Edit: well looks like blaze and magik would be down, so that would make 5 for fresh NM CE...

Ghazi

Finally beat Hard mode Crota for the first time ever and beat Crota for the first time on my Titan. It was fun but after beating Crota it went from excitement to disappointment almost immediately.

Downed the boss and I saw 5 boxes rotating on the right side of the screen. I was like holy shit one of this has to be one of the hard raid weapons? Nope. It gave me 2 shaders, shard, energy and the helmet. Five loot drops and it couldn't give me one of 2 weapons? Really? So disappointing. I hate how loot works in this game.

I thought you were guaranteed a weapon the first time you kill Crota? Also that titan helmet looks like absolute shit.

The first time you beat Crota ever, not specifically hard mode.

the21O

Neo Member
I'm thinking about trying the raids today or tomorrow but have a couple of questions. What are the best weapons to take into the raid for someone who has never really done a raid.? Whats the best way to find people to raid with who don't mind newbie raiders?. How long do the raids take on their normal raid?

Atone13

First thing I would say is buy TDB. I definitely think its worth it.

So moving on, two things you need to be working toward. Increasing Vanguard Rank and earning Vanguard Marks. Increase your rank by doing your bounties, strike playlist, & the weekly heroic strike (and eventually the nightfall strike). You'll earn marks from those last two things.

You'll probably get some decent gear to drop while doing that stuff, and you'll be earning currency to buy gear from the Vanguard. Once you hit 26 you can run through VoG with some of us. Its an awesome experience and I love playing with people who are doing it for the first time.

Hit 30 and your ready for Crota's End.

Alrighty, sounds good. Thank you. It took some doing but I have opened up some extra free time today, so I'm gonna purchase TDB now and when it's installed I'm gonna jump back in.

Also, I would like some thoughts on these questions as well.

I'm thinking about trying the raids today or tomorrow but have a couple of questions. What are the best weapons to take into the raid for someone who has never really done a raid.? Whats the best way to find people to raid with who don't mind newbie raiders?. How long do the raids take on their normal raid?

Ghazi

GAFfers shouldn't mind new people. As for weapons, since you don't have any raid weapons, just take your best max weapons. I'd recommend the pulse rifle/shotgun combo and whatever heavy you want (you want a rocket launcher for Crota, though)

Jeevez

Anybody up for a fresh Crota HM run? Only need 3 more shards to get my warlock to 32. PS4 Jeeves87 if interested.

1. Jeeves87

First time Destiny gives me an exotic from a Legendary engram, and it's one that I already have. :lol Freakin' Armamentarium.

Oh well, free exotic shard!

Trading my Destiny strategy guide and art book. The art book is great but I'm moving apartment soon and after graduation I don't want a lot of clutter. I'm keep the small posters that came with the limited edition. Going through the images made me want to play Destiny right now, so I'm hopping on. I'm ready for HoW, Comet, Destiny 2, whatever just give me content Bungie--I trust you.

Also I'm down for doing HM Crota if people are looking for people.

Jeevez

Trading my Destiny strategy guide and art book. The art book is great but I'm moving apartment soon and after graduation I don't want a lot of clutter. I'm keep the small posters that came with the limited edition. Going through the images made me want to play Destiny right now, so I'm hopping on. I'm ready for HoW, Comet, Destiny 2, whatever just give me content Bungie--I trust you.

Also I'm down for doing HM Crota if people are looking for people.

Yeah, still looking for a couple. PSN? Or add me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Alrighty, sounds good. Thank you. It took some doing but I have opened up some extra free time today, so I'm gonna purchase TDB now and when it's installed I'm gonna jump back in.

Also, I would like some thoughts on these questions as well.

are you guys on PS4?

You know, I'd love to see some novels dig deeper into Destiny's setting. The Halo novels were pretty good, I wouldn't mind if Bungie hired some actual writers to present the backstory of the game. The world is interesting enough, the games just don't do it justice.

blackjaw

I am down for a normal Crota if anyone wants a 29 Warlock. I've done all the way up to Crota himself on my Hunter on XB1.

PSN: blackjaw

Still need 2 more HM Crota this week for a chance at the Crux. Sigh. I think I'm going to start stacking public event rewards soon to get ready for HoW, 5k exp to help level the newest exotic stuff

Ambitious

You know, I'd love to see some novels dig deeper into Destiny's setting. The Halo novels were pretty good, I wouldn't mind if Bungie hired some actual writers to present the backstory of the game. The world is interesting enough, the games just don't do it justice.

I want DeeJ to write them.

I'm beginning to think this game does not want to give me a decent auto rifle for anything. Since getting to level 20 I have not had one Rare one come up as a Strike Reward, drop, loot chest, or Engram turn in.

Also, that feeling when you run a strike and both of your teammates get a Legendary Engram and you don't... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom