• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'know what would be nice? If discarding mentor missives/exotic bounties just gave you an exotic shard. I discard one or two a week. It's painful, but I don't have the patience or the time to sit and jump through all those hoops just to shard a duplicate gun. I mean I get the "do the work to get the reward" sentiment, but there are only five missives, so it doesn't take long before they're just an annoyance. Making it a random shard drop as a reward for doing bounties, with the option of doubling down for an exotic weapon if you want, would be a lot more worthy of the yellow colour imo. As it stands now it feels more like the bounties should start white and work their way up through green, blue, and purple before yellow. Because it definitely feels like getting spammed with Husk of the Pit, especially when you have 3 bounties, it rolls the same 3, so you just lose a bounty slot and have a waypoint over Xander until you complete one, and then you get to immediately do it again.
(or you ditch it, presumably in the same space junk-heap you've been dumping your expensive-but-unwanted ships in for some reason)

Yeah, they really just need to add some new ones. I was going through the old Destiny Drawing Boards yesterday and it was pretty clear at one point Thunderlord was meant to be a reward for an Exotic Bounty as well. I honestly think the whole random drop system was put into the game rather late, and they had a very different system early on.

I hope Comet adds some crazy variety and revamps the drop system. Crazy, I know, but one can hope.

http://i.minus.com/ibs2o4yRjYvBpA.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/STGRuvA.gif

GhaleonEB

O; We'll have to do nightfall, you and I. I was planning on maxing out my hunter by tomorrow and asking for help doing the nightfall before the reset >_>; I still need the ballerhorn.

I still need Ballerhorn, Suros, Thorn, Pocket Infinity...the list of exotics I have is:

Dragon's Breath
Mida Multi-Tool
Universal Remote
Monte Carlo
4th Horseman
Hard Light
Truth

Of that list, the last 4 are my only exotic drops ever. (I have two Truths, and two Hard Light). I have received two armor items from Nightfalls (Starfire Protocol, and Sunbreakers, both unused). All the rest came from Xur.

RNGesus has not been kind to me. My hopes for drops when I play are "something, anything".

I still need Ballerhorn, Suros, Thorn, Pocket Infinity...the list of exotics I have is:

Dragon's Breath
Mida Multi-Tool
Universal Remote
Monte Carlo
4th Horseman
Hard Light
Truth

Of that list, the last 4 are my only exotic drops ever. (I have two Truths, and two Hard Light). I have received two armor items from Nightfalls (Starfire Protocol, and Sunbreakers, both unused). All the rest came from Xur.

RNGesus has not been kind to me. My hopes for drops when I play are "something, anything".

And I thought I had it bad. Looks like RNG has been a bit kinder to me than to you. I recently made a list of the Exotics I still need.

Missing Exotic Weapons:
- Dragon’s Breath
- Necrochasm
- Patience & Time
- Plan C
- Thunderlord
- Universal Remote

Missing Exotic Titan Armor:
- An Insurmountable Skullfort
- Mk. 44 Stand Asides
- No Backup Plans
- Ruin Wings

Missing Exotic Hunter Armor:
- ATS/8 Arachnid
- Knucklehead Radar
- Lucky Raspberry
- Radiant Dance Machines
- Young Ahamkara’s Spine

Missing Exotic Warlock Armor:
- Claws of Ahamkara
- Starfire Protocol

That's excluding the PS-exclusives.

noomi

Destiny is dad.

Mom must save us.

Hah...... viral video quotes :p

i-rFfNxr5-1050x10000.jpg

Apologies if already posted, just had to share with you guys.

This is pretty much me in any strike where someone is afk, I'll go up to them and try to get them to move for a minute. If they don't, I'm out.... I refuse to carry anyone through a whole strike and then the afker possibly getting an exotic drop.... nope!

Someone with so much time on their hands. Also, map designers not taking into account the oddities of the geometry of the map. I wonder if people would have done this back in the halcyon days of the warlock cheese patch. lol

Breaking news: Weird part of map causes weird things to happen. Incredibly boring film at 11.

At least that Warlock + Bad Juju NM Atheon solo used some clever in-game mechanics.

Id be down for that for sure. Want that plat badly.

Catching up on the thread, just saw this. Posting is so slow these days not sure if/when we can organize another flawless group or how much interest there is but anyone very familiar with CE that is at least 31, ideally 32, is welcome. It's really easy, so no one should psyche themselves out of doing it.

I don't follow the thread as closely as I used to but I'll always be around and feel free to send a PM if there's a time people want to schedule to do it.

Lnkn52

The only exciting sentence from the latest weekly:

This month, there will come a day when we’ll reveal a release date for the trials that await you, with a whole reef of details soon to follow – but it is not this day.

The only exciting sentence from the latest weekly:

This month, there will come a day when we’ll reveal a release date for the trials that await you, with a whole reef of details soon to follow – but it is not this day.

My goodness that is a terribly written sentence. I used to feel bad for the crap that Deej got but it feels like he's trying to make the updates painful to read.

Join ROC strike.

"We've stepped into a war with the Cabal..."

tumblr_n08pil5hdh1rd1krjk1.gif

Join right before the boss battle, get legendary ship and "no death" bounty done in two minutes.

I don't know how this game works.

E92 M3

Tomorrow is Tuesday.

One thing I have to say: FROM SOFTWARE nailed the combat in Bloodborne. It feels so damn satisfying to kill shit, even though everything is still a massive danger.

And this brings me back to Bungie: Give us cool weapons that make us feel powerful and challenge us with better design. Don't nerf our shit - that's just boring.

noomi

Tomorrow is Tuesday.

One thing I have to say: FROM SOFTWARE nailed the combat in Bloodborne. It feels so damn satisfying to kill shit, even though everything is still a massive danger.

And this brings me back to Bungie: Give us cool weapons that make us feel powerful and challenge us with better design. Don't nerf our shit - that's just boring.

Oo nice you got it! Send me a FR, noomi85 :D

With my Hunter and Warlock both at 32, I'm downstepping my playtime a bit. This week I did quite a few Nightfalls,weekly heroic strikes and a couple raids, and just now positively manhandled a few ROC strikes and story missions. (Taking out the Gatelord using nothing but a shotgun on the level 30 mission, hit and run style with my Hunter, was quite fun. Mida + invisibility = awesome.)

But at this point, I'll be setting it aside until the resets, for the NF and heroic weekies, until HoW hints. Definitely ready for new content.

Almost as a parting gift of sorts, I had an engram decrypt into a legendary item, and then for gaining a Cryptarch rank, a legendary engram. The former was armor, and the latter turned to ascendant energy. Shards and energy. The story of my Destiny endgame. Fucking Rahool.
Time to start that 3rd character, dude. I've got a baby Hunter in the works, but I've had so many good weapons drop recently (Word of Crota, Hawkmoon) that it's difficult to bring myself to use crappy weapons again through the slog that is the "story" missions all by my lonesome.

dB Viper

Haven't logged in since Thursday. Wow. Feels weird. I'll run Normal x3 and Hard x3 (maybe) but I'm so preoccupied with Neverwinter right now.

Bungie, please release HoW soon...

ocean

Banned
Missing Thunderlord and two armor pieces. I could have sworn I had all the Warlock armor but just realized I'm missing one.

M94Wpvf.png

Missing Thunderlord and two armor pieces. I could have sworn I had all the Warlock armor but just realized I'm missing Apotheosis Veil.

M94Wpvf.png

Looks like you're missing Light Beyond Nemesis, not Apotheosis Veil.

Unrelated note, but BUNGLE STOP GIVING ME CERBERUS VAE

Time to start that 3rd character, dude. I've got a baby Hunter in the works, but I've had so many good weapons drop recently (Word of Crota, Hawkmoon) that it's difficult to bring myself to use crappy weapons again through the slog that is the "story" missions all by my lonesome.

My titan is at level 6 if you're looking for someone to run through missions with. PSN: WheelHoss1

LTWood12

Guess I'll jump in on the exotic discussion.

Weapons:
Nechrocasm-I've had the Crux for weeks. Despite killing multiple sword knights on a daily basis, i've yet to get a Husk of the Pit.

Armor:
Crest of Alpha Lupi-Hunter
Radiant Dance Machines
Light Beyond Nemesis
Skull of Dire Ahamkara
Voidfang Vestments
Heart of Praxic Fire
Starfire Protocol

I didn't start a Warlock until a week and a half ago, so it makes sense that most of my open items are Warlock related.

ethomaz

Banned
Tomorrow is our day.

I'm back again :p

Bungie did a big mistake not releasing the next expansion in March.

Edit - Missing 4th Horseman and Armamentarium.

Gala

Wiped for the last two hours with random groups on Crota HM, people randomly died from nearly everything. I'm just frustrated. I only want to kill Crota on HM, is this too much to ask...

noomi

Wiped for the last two hours with random groups on Crota HM, people randomly died from nearly everything. I'm just frustrated. I only want to kill Crota on HM, is this too much to ask...

I'll be on later today for perhaps one or two kills, around 3PM EST.

moris

That's why you should join or start a group of gaffers to do any raid.

I'm happy to help fill in spots for any raid or nightfall today. If you're missing a player, send me an invite and I'll jump on.

Also, I'm still down for that fun full VoG run...

3pm EST is in around 6 hours, right? That would still work for me.

4 hr 15 min

It's a really easy fight, don't waste your time with rando groups (or groups where my friends are being dumb asses dying for no reason, lol). Just get a group here, I might be able to help, as penance for the short lived derail the other day.

I really would rather have new people learn to run the sword, get a NM kill or two then try HM. It's just so boring to have people on rocket/bubble duty all the time.

blazeuk

3pm EST is in around 6 hours, right? That would still work for me.

I still have 1 HM Crota kill to do so if I group forms up count me in. Need to do 3 HM Atheon kills too (from Gorgon maze so I can grab chests), might be a bit too late to find groups to do that though.

LTWood12

4 hr 15 min

It's a really easy fight, don't waste your time with rando groups (or groups where my friends are being dumb asses dying for no reason, lol). Just get a group here, I might be able to help, as penance for the short lived derail the other day.

I really would rather have new people learn to run the sword, get a NM kill or two then try HM. It's just so boring to have people on rocket/bubble duty all the time.

I'm getting better and better at it. I've got the checkpoint, so I may try and get a group together this evening. Might invite you to party chat for coaching, even if you're not actually in the fireteam.

GhaleonEB

My Titan is waiting for The House of Wolves to drop. I started my Warlock after TDB landed, so there at least a few new elements in the mix as she leveled (Blades of Crota, 10 bounty slots, Eris waiting, etc.). Once it lands, I'll fire up a Titan and power through the story to hit 20. I have enough legendary and exotic Titan gear to vault to the upper mid 20's immediately from there.

Bradach

Last night I finally got gjallarhorn. That's right bitches.
Nice one. It's very exciting to see that little familiar icon and the bug thumpy sound!

It's a bit of a grind to level it up though. And it's actually a bit of a turd unlevelled. I'm close to unlocking the Wolfpack rounds on mine

Skipping this weeks NF. I just cant do mars with no burn. Too boring and it takes way too long. And if I'm correct, we have to do it again without the patch right? Definitely passing this week. After FINALLY getting Ballerhorn and maxing it out, i dont have the urge to chase any more. I'm really hoping HoW brings something to be desired

Don't mind killing scrota HM. A tad bit rusty since its been awhile. But it seems like you got some people willing to help you out.

Hard doesn't drop armor. You'll get shard/energies or the pulse rifle.

Also, hard Abyss is easily solo-able with a titan.

If you do normal mode first, hard mode will not drop any armor. If you do hard mode first, you can get armor on the Abyss and the Bridge. I joined up on LT's game last night and got the warlock gauntlets (thanks for that!) and Oversoul Edict from HM Abyss.

The only exception to this is the helmet, you can get that in HM still even if you finished NM Crota.

Oh snap, top of the page!

6Pfs2pz.gif

I'm getting better and better at it. I've got the checkpoint, so I may try and get a group together this evening. Might invite you to party chat for coaching, even if you're not actually in the fireteam.

For sure! I'd be happy to either just hang out in party chat or to be in the fire team while you/others run sword. I'm happy to wipe for hours while other people learn it because I remember how fun and exciting it is at first; that'd actually be interesting to me.

I'm still happy to run sword for folks but it's such old hat and rocket/bubble duties can't be much fun for everyone else. So I've just lost patience for stuff like when my non-gaf buddies ask for help but then stupidly wipe runs for an hour. I really hate being a Grumpy Gus so I'd much rather help other people do something that's fun for them, haha. It's a win-win.

My Titan is waiting for The House of Wolves to drop. I started my Warlock after TDB landed, so there at least a few new elements in the mix as she leveled (Blades of Crota, 10 bounty slots, Eris waiting, etc.). Once it lands, I'll fire up a Titan and power through the story to hit 20. I have enough legendary and exotic Titan gear to vault to the upper mid 20's immediately from there.
Probably a good way to go about it. I'm just plinking away at the moment, doing missions/bounties when I feel the urge. The goal is to get the Hunter up to 32 before HoW hits and get a feel for the class overall, cuz so far at my low level, it's my least favorite to play. What's the best exotic gear for Hunters using Bladedancer, Don't Touch Me? So far, I've got:

• Achlyophage Symbiote
  • Knucklehead Radar
  • Mask of the Third Man
  • Don't Touch Me
  • Spine of Young Ahamkara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom