• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

123rl

Awesome. I really never get sick of the Vault. Even if all I'm getting is Ass Mats lately, which I'm still in need of for leveling up my characters and weapons.

What's your GT again so that I don't forget it this time around?
:p

rlench :)

Is there a rough ETA?

LTWood12

This may seem like a dumb question but what burns are the Titan supers and grenades? I know Warlock is either void or solar (and some of the grenades are easy to figure out) and Hunter is arc or solar. But I've never figured out the Titan stuff. Is there a chart with them all?

Striker-Arc

Defender-Void

Another reset is upon us.

Guardians will venture out for loot, like countless times before.

Most will be disappointed with their haul, if not all.

Hopes and dreams will be crushed, anger will prevail.

Another reset is upon us.

Fin.
Hope for the best, expect the worst and you won't be disapointed ;)
or having everything as well :p
Anyone up for HM Crota now? It's getting late here in Europe, but I would be really glad to kill him once or twice before the reset. My PSN is GalaVita.

1. Gala
yeah I can run sword. I will be rusty somewhat since its been 2 weeks since I killed crota HM(?)

Homeboyd

Did you guys run with teams to complete these bounties?
I didn't. Control. Good bc you know where ppl are going to be, or be heading, and you can play for kills vs the objective. Know where heavy weapon ammo spawns and make sure you get there first. You'll get a lot more kills with a HMG vs rocket launcher.

It isn't bad at all and I never play crucible. Took me probably 8-10 matches to finish the thorn. 2 for invective I think.

Anyone up for HM Crota now? It's getting late here in Europe, but I would be really glad to kill him once or twice before the reset. My PSN is GalaVita.

1. Gala
2. Blazuk
3. Rawr
4. Darryl_M_R

What time are you all hoping to run it? I'm going to be back home in 1 hour and I'm down for knocking it out then, if you all are doing it sooner then no worries, someone can take my spot.

Impala26

I'm still sitting an a Thorn bounty. Is Aetheon's Epilogue viable to finish that bounty? That's the only void primary I have. Impact is garbage on that thing.

Garbage impact indeed, but AE definitely fills that niche roll of "bullet hose" quite well. Persistence plus perfect balance plus glass half full actually make it semi-viable in Crucible. If you land headshots, the gun will down folks surprisingly fast. You just make sure that when you see an enemy, you keep that trigger held down until they (and maybe even others) drop. You just have to make sure you position yourself in that nice close-mid zone just outside shotgun range but not so far out to be in pulse/scout rifle range.

Definitely better than not having a Void primary for sure.

It worked splendidly for me on the Weekly Heroic and Nightfall this week with the Void burn.
:-D

I didn't. Control. Good bc you know where ppl are going to be, or be heading, and you can play for kills vs the objective. Know where heavy weapon ammo spawns and make sure you get there first. You'll get a lot more kills with a HMG vs rocket launcher.

It isn't bad at all and I never play crucible. Took me probably 8-10 matches to finish the thorn. 2 for invective I think.
I've got Invective (pre-DLC, finally upgraded and still never used), but still have the PvP portions of Thorn and Bad JuJu. I know there's still more for Thorn, but at least it's in my PvE comfort zone.

Gala

So we need two or three guys more for Crota HM.

So far we have:

1. Gala
2. Blazuk
3. Rawr
4. Darryl_M_R (in about an hour)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This may seem like a dumb question but what burns are the Titan supers and grenades? I know Warlock is either void or solar (and some of the grenades are easy to figure out) and Hunter is arc or solar. But I've never figured out the Titan stuff. Is there a chart with them all?
striker is arc and defender is void. Each class is missing one.

edit: i was beat

ich00

I'm still sitting an a Thorn bounty. Is Aetheon's Epilogue viable to finish that bounty? That's the only void primary I have. Impact is garbage on that thing.

I think when I did mine I used all VoG weapons: Aetheon's Epilogue, Praedyth's Revenge, and Corrective Measure, with a bit of a Void 77 Wizard(Fusion Rifle). I just sat back a lot and tried sniping people, grab heavy and went to town, then back to sniping. All the while trying real hard not to die. Oh and I ran as a Voidwalker too, it didn't take nearly as long as I thought(at the time I was a garbage PvP player).

Homeboyd

I've got Invective (pre-DLC, finally upgraded and still never used), but still have the PvP portions of Thorn and Bad JuJu. I know there's still more for Thorn, but at least it's in my PvE comfort zone.
Yeah I did 2 invectives and 3 bad jujus. Not doing anymore of either... invective simply bc it costs too much and juju bc enough is enough. I will say, I'll probably never do thorn again simply because it requires more pvp than the rest. I just keep getting those 3 bounties as my options. Only had pocket infinity and SGA as options once. I'd do SGA a few more times if it did pop up for me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So are the grenades for Defender all void and Strikers all arc?
This is how it works for all the subclasses, they only have one element for all grenades and their melee attacks and supers. Throwing Knife on Gunslinger has no element and Ward of Dawn and Radiance aren't attacks, so they don't really count.

LTWood12

This is how it works for all the subclasses, they only have one element for all grenades and their melee attacks and supers. Throwing Knife on Gunslinger has no element and Ward of Dawn and Radiance aren't attacks, so they don't really count.

I'm picturing one of those inspirational posters that were all over my University's business department back in the day, w/ photos of a bubble titan and Fireborn Warlock.

"The Best Offense Is a Good Defense"

Gala

I'm down if ya still need 1

Awesome! Then we only need 1 guy!

1. Gala
2. Blazuk
3. Rawr
5. Shirow/Garrison

Is everyone ok with waiting for Darryl and start then? I have the Crota Checkpoint on my two characters.

someday

Banned
Yeah, that makes the most sense. Not sure why I didn't figure that out myself lol.

Yeah I did 2 invectives and 3 bad jujus. Not doing anymore of either... invective simply bc it costs too much and juju bc enough is enough. I will say, I'll probably never do thorn again simply because it requires more pvp than the rest. I just keep getting those 3 bounties as my options. Only had pocket infinity and SGA as options once. I'd do SGA a few more times if it did pop up for me.
Funny, I just finished my 3rd SGA bounty this weekend. I sharded the first two since it was such a crappy exotic. Found out later that it could be used on the Oracles in VoG without losing any ammo, so I figured I'd give it a shot again since it was buffed fairly recently.

Pocket Infinity sits completely unused, there are too many other options I'd rather go with.

123rl

I love that the Titan class is so clearly split between a defensive and an offensive style. But then Helm Of St. 14 turns defence into a weapon and just brutalises everything. The shield blinds any enemy who walks into it. When I use it, I generate Orbs for melee kills and become temporarily invincible. Most items in the game enhance the way it's played but that helmet gives you a truly unique ability. I love it.

E92 M3

I'm picturing one of those inspirational posters that were all over my University's business department back in the day, w/ photos of a bubble titan and Fireborn Warlock.

"The Best Offense Is a Good Defense"

Gundam Wing said that the best defense is a good offense.

blazeuk

Is everyone ok with waiting for Darryl and start then? I have the Crota Checkpoint on my two characters.

Yeah I don't mind waiting, will probably jump into a quick VoG run while I'm waiting but whenever everyone is ready just send me an invite and I'll join up.

Yes. I did it using AE, void plug one (this was pre shotgun buff, now I would use swordbreaker) and corrective measure. Wasn't bad at all.

Shotguns were nerfed in damage drop off over range for both PVP and PVE, only buffed for PVE with the 100% damage vs non-guardians.

Which makes it strange that the Crucible became flooded with shotgun users, guess it's to do with the fusion rifle nerf more than anything.

1. Gala
2. Blazuk
3. Rawr
5. Shirow/Garrison

I'm playing BB but if you don't find a 6th soon, send me an invite.

1. Gala
2. Blazuk
3. Rawr
5. Shirow/Garrison

Thats fine with me. Post on here to let me know whenever everyone is ready.

noomi

So we need two or three guys more for Crota HM.

So far we have:

1. Gala
2. Blazuk
3. Rawr

Awww I always miss this things. Let me know if you need a sword runner, just got home.

It's really tough finding groups these days :/

Homeboyd

Shotguns were nerfed in damage drop off over range for both PVP and PVE, only buffed for PVE with the 100% damage vs non-guardians.

Which makes it strange that the Crucible became flooded with shotgun users, guess it's to do with the fusion rifle nerf more than anything.
Yeah it's the nerf. I'm saying now I would still use a shotgun (void - swordbreaker), because I don't know how useful my void plug.one would be in comparison anymore and due to the shotgun PvE buff, I've maxed my swordbreaker (though I don't even think I had a SB when I did the thorn bounty). Shows how much I play crucible. I've just heard bad things about the FR nerf.

noomi

Guess we'll let ruthless play Bloodborne then and start as soon as Darryl is ready with you :)

Ok!

Woohoo! He said about an hour so that gives me time to get the stank of the day off me and do a quick workout. I'll be keeping an eye on the forums so whenever the team is ready to roll out I'll be good to (unless I'm in the shower for like 5min) , meanwhile you can friend me :) psn is noomi85

I really wish they used this "choose your reward" stuff more in the later parts of the game. Would be awesome for nightfalls (and really, everywhere else tbh):

Guessing they believe some players still need ass shards etc; this would still give them that option if it rolled. Would also help with not getting so many dupe exotics that get sharded immediately. Just seems strange this existed pretty frequently early on, and then you never see it again.

but that would make sense

Anyone looking to run a quick NF? Just got it left to do on my Hunter. Unfortunately cant really chat but can hear, can just run through using the top strat?

ocean

Banned
I love that the Titan class is so clearly split between a defensive and an offensive style. But then Helm Of St. 14 turns defence into a weapon and just brutalises everything. The shield blinds any enemy who walks into it. When I use it, I generate Orbs for melee kills and become temporarily invincible. Most items in the game enhance the way it's played but that helmet gives you a truly unique ability. I love it.
Saint-14 is my favorite Exotic armor in the game. I always felt like Strikers' blinding grenades would suit Defenders better given that it's a support class. Being able to blind your enemies in PvE and PvP is useful in so many scenarios, I love it.

Homeboyd

but that would make sense
And think about this...

You finish a nightfall and your options are:

12 Ascendant Energies | Mida Multitool | 9 Strange Coins

You think, "well, I already have a 331 mida and I'm covered up in energies and coins... but wait..."

Press "X" to reroll rewards - Cost: 2500 glimmer + 1 vanguard or crucible commendation or 10 motes of light. Limit: 1 reroll per reset.

I'm not a pvp'er so my motes just stack up for days. Nothing to spend them on as I have all the exotics already.

123rl

Saint-14 is my favorite Exotic armor in the game. I always felt like Strikers' blinding grenades would suit Defenders better given that it's a support class. Being able to blind your enemies in PvE and PvP is useful in so many scenarios, I love it.

A friend has the same setup. I use Blessing Of Light and he uses Weapons Of Light, so that we buff each other. We generate so many Orbs that we constantly have at least one shield at all times and the other is never less than 30 seconds aways. Our third friend uses a Hunter and blitzes every blinded enemy.

It's so powerful that we can blind Omnigul and just shoot her at point-blank range with shotguns, step back into the shield so she follows, and then just repeat over and over. We have killed her within 20 seconds before now

The only thing I haven't done in the game SP related is running the Raids. I'm Level 27 now so I think I'm kinda getting close to hitting the wall of what I can do without attempting them.

noomi

The only thing I haven't done in the game SP related is running the Raids. I'm Level 27 now so I think I'm kinda getting close to hitting the wall of what I can do without attempting them.

Defnitely do the vault of glass it's so much fun! Don't miss out on it, good times :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom