• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impala26

Wait time are you thinking? I may be able to help.

I'll be on. I'll want to do the Raids but I'll help with the Nightfalls too

I might be able to help, depending on the time. Feel free to add and invite me if I'm on: GT is Ev0lved1

Wow, thanks for the offers guys, as someone on XB1, I'm used to having my requests quietly slide down the thread.

Leaning towards the Nightfall. Already did it this week for my main and my second's not high enough level, but my buddy still needs to do it for his main so I wanted to help out.

If there's enough folks around (and interested) I'd love to do another raid. That said, my buddy and I are pretty new to the raids, we've literally only done VoG normal three times, not yet on Hard and haven't yet done CE either. He's definitely in need of some good exotics and even legendaries so I've been wanting to help him out.

If yinz are interested, we'll probably be playing around a 7pm-10pm EST timeframe.
Any and all are free to add me.

GT: Impala26

kamicowzi

Banned
Ugh...I am never going to finish this Invective bounty. I am terrible at PvP in this game (and a ton of other games as well). Part of me wants to finish it because I have had one exotic drop for me since launch. The other part just wants to say hell with it....

123rl

Wow, thanks for the offers guys, as someone on XB1, I'm used to having my requests quietly slide down the thread.

Leaning towards the Nightfall. Already did it this week for my main and my second's not high enough level, but my buddy still needs to do it for his main so I wanted to help out.

If there's enough folks around (and interested) I'd love to do another raid. That said, my buddy and I are pretty new to the raids, we've literally only done VoG normal three times, not yet on Hard and haven't yet done CE either. He's definitely in need of some good exotics and even legendaries so I've been wanting to help him out.

If yinz are interested, we'll probably be playing around a 7pm-10pm EST timeframe.
Any and all are free to add me.

GT: Impala26

We've spoken about this before - I have yet to finish a Raid. Trust me, I'm the biggest Raid newbie here, so you have nothing to worry about.

I'm on GMT so I will be able to join you for a while but probably only a few hours, at most.

So after 600+ hours across three characters, I get this puppy. After seeing so many drop for people in my fireteams while I receive shards for nightfalls, it feels so liberating. Dropped on Crota Normal. I didnt believe the guys in my fireteam when they said I got it (It didn't show up as a reward on the left side of the screen). I went to orbit and it popped. Sooooooooo happy!!!

17056748065_795df7da1e.jpg

Homeboyd

So after 600+ hours across three characters, I get this puppy. After seeing so many drop for people in my fireteams while I receive shards for nightfalls, it feels so liberating. Dropped on Crota Normal. I didnt believe the guys in my fireteam when they said I got it (It didn't show up as a reward on the left side of the screen). I went to orbit and it popped. Sooooooooo happy!!!

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7716/17056748065_795df7da1e.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Might as well be the end-game credits. You just won the game.

Congrats.

Gala

Congratulations!

LTWood12

4 hr 15 min

It's a really easy fight, don't waste your time with rando groups (or groups where my friends are being dumb asses dying for no reason, lol). Just get a group here, I might be able to help, as penance for the short lived derail the other day.

I really would rather have new people learn to run the sword, get a NM kill or two then try HM. It's just so boring to have people on rocket/bubble duty all the time.

For sure! I'd be happy to either just hang out in party chat or to be in the fire team while you/others run sword. I'm happy to wipe for hours while other people learn it because I remember how fun and exciting it is at first; that'd actually be interesting to me.

I'm still happy to run sword for folks but it's such old hat and rocket/bubble duties can't be much fun for everyone else. So I've just lost patience for stuff like when my non-gaf buddies ask for help but then stupidly wipe runs for an hour. I really hate being a Grumpy Gus so I'd much rather help other people do something that's fun for them, haha. It's a win-win.

Thanks a lot Doc. I'll check in w/ you this evening. T-44 would like to try and do it too, so we might do it a couple of times depending on whether we have enough people (and assuming we're good enough to actually kill the bastard). It's one of the funnest things in the game, but if there's ever a proven person in the group that wants to do it, we usually just let them for the sake of everyone else's time. We'd both like to be pros.

stb

I'm getting better and better at it. I've got the checkpoint, so I may try and get a group together this evening. Might invite you to party chat for coaching, even if you're not actually in the fireteam.

Please shoot me an invite if this happens, even if I'm not online. I'll get the message on my phone and would dig jumping in with my Warlock if I'm able.

Homeboyd

I really wish they used this "choose your reward" stuff more in the later parts of the game. Would be awesome for nightfalls (and really, everywhere else tbh):

Guessing they believe some players still need ass shards etc; this would still give them that option if it rolled. Would also help with not getting so many dupe exotics that get sharded immediately. Just seems strange this existed pretty frequently early on, and then you never see it again.

GhaleonEB

Probably a good way to go about it. I'm just plinking away at the moment, doing missions/bounties when I feel the urge. The goal is to get the Hunter up to 32 before HoW hits and get a feel for the class overall, cuz so far at my low level, it's my least favorite to play. What's the best exotic gear for Hunters using Bladedancer, Don't Touch Me? So far, I've got:

• Achlyophage Symbiote
  • Knucklehead Radar
  • Mask of the Third Man
  • Don't Touch Me
  • Spine of Young Ahamkara
From a PvE standpoint, you are set. For Bladedancer, Don''t Touch Me is really the ideal pairing. Achlyophage Symbiote is good for Gunslinger; those two comprise my Hunter load outs.

A fully leveled Bladedancer is god-like.

Impala26

We've spoken about this before - I have yet to finish a Raid. Trust me, I'm the biggest Raid newbie here, so you have nothing to worry about.

I'm on GMT so I will be able to join you for a while but probably only a few hours, at most.

Hah, sorry man, I've added a bunch of folks in the last two weeks and it doesn't help that a bunch of those folks have tags that aren't the same as their GAF name.

But yeah, we'd be up for whatever pretty much. What level/class is your main? Do you still need to do a Nightfall before the week? Also, would you have a preference to Vault of Glass or Crota's End to do first?

I really wish they used this "choose your reward" stuff more in the later parts of the game. Would be awesome for nightfalls (and really, everywhere else tbh):

Guessing they believe some players still need ass shards etc; this would still give them that option if it rolled. Would also help with not getting so many dupe exotics that get sharded immediately. Just seems strange this existed pretty frequently early on, and then you never see it again.

It has been so long, I don't even remember the game doing a "choose your reward" lol. The RNGesus has clouded my memory.

Ugh...I am never going to finish this Invective bounty. I am terrible at PvP in this game (and a ton of other games as well). Part of me wants to finish it because I have had one exotic drop for me since launch. The other part just wants to say hell with it....
I don't like playing PvP at all, mainly because I'm not great at it. Invective is the only PvP bounty that I've completed, and even for me it was fairly easy (took less than 10 games). I still have Bad JuJu and Thorn to complete, will most likely never do them unless I roll with a group of GAFfers that like to carry people.

From a PvE standpoint, you are set. For Bladedancer, Don''t Touch Me is really the ideal pairing. Achlyophage Symbiote is good for Gunslinger; those two comprise my Hunter load outs.

A fully leveled Bladedancer is god-like.
Cool, glad I chose Bladedancer first.

Impala26

This is a good point.

The closest late/post-game equivalent to this would be the choice of exotic bounties, but this certainly would help the RNG gripes. Even if all three are still RNG'd, at least you would get more rolls. They should definitely consider a "choose your reward" for your first weekly Nightfall completed at the very least.

TheOddOne

Another reset is upon us.

Guardians will venture out for loot, like countless times before.

Most will be disappointed with their haul, if not all.

Hopes and dreams will be crushed, anger will prevail.

Fin.

Congrats! Such a great feeling. I leveled mine in a day when I got it, once it's got those Wolfpack rounds it just becomes unstoppable.

Guardians will venture out for loot, like countless times before.

Most will be disappointed with their haul, if not all.

Hopes and dreams will be crushed, anger will prevail.

Fin.

We can try cranking out a HM Crota or Atheon before reset?

I said this a bit earlier today, but re-reading those Destiny Drawboard articles from early in development makes it pretty clear the loot drop system changed considerably from what they had in mind when development started. Hints to certain weapons being found in certain locations or needing certain missions to be completed, for instance. Would've preferred that system to the RNG crapshoot we have now.

the21O

Neo Member

I decided to suck it up and complete the thorn bounty. It took me several hours of pvp (which I hate) only to find out I'm not done yet.

Feorax

Congrats Carter.

Has Narmer done all the pre-reset activities? Feels like there's a high Gjally drop-rate this week. Might be worth another shot.

123rl

Hah, sorry man, I've added a bunch of folks in the last two weeks and it doesn't help that a bunch of those folks have tags that aren't the same as their GAF name.

But yeah, we'd be up for whatever pretty much. What level/class is your main? Do you still need to do a Nightfall before the week? Also, would you have a preference to Vault of Glass or Crota's End to do first?

Ha, I was only being half serious but I almost expect GAF folklore tales about it at this point. I must be in the 5% or less minority of people who haven't finished a Raid. I've played each section of CE, and done the first two. I joined in on the Deathsinger once just as it went down, but then we couldn't beat Crota. I haven't seen any of VoG. I'd rather do that one but I'm fine with either.

I have a Titan and a Warlock at 31. The Titan is focused on defense with Helm Of St14 but the other skill is maxed too. I have a Glasshouse Exotic, which I can just switch out easily between the two. My Warlock uses Obsidian Mind and is focused on Voidwalker. I am levelling up Sunsinger but it's not ready yet.

I have done the Nightfalls for both but I'm willing to do them again. They don't take long and it's fun to play the Strikes at a higher level. The ROC Strikes are getting too easy

ich00

I'm getting better and better at it. I've got the checkpoint, so I may try and get a group together this evening. Might invite you to party chat for coaching, even if you're not actually in the fireteam.

If you need a titan for bubbles or warlock for orbs I can join you to help out as well. I don't have much left to do this week so can hang out for as long as you guys need to get a few kills in.

GreyWind

Just play control and go for the kills instead of going for the objective, should take you couple of hours.

Anastasis

Invective was my first exotic and I also hate PvP. Took me way too long. Stick close to others and try not to die is all I can say. Good luck!

At least now shotguns in PvE are viable! When I got it, Invective was so underwhelming after such a grind.

Dave_6

The PvP part of the Invective bounty is so much easier than the one for Thorn IMO. Though I had no Void primaries at the time when I did it (plus I was a Hunter).

Impala26

Ha, I was only being half serious but I almost expect GAF folklore tales about it at this point. I must be in the 5% or less minority of people who haven't finished a Raid. I've played each section of CE, and done the first two. I joined in on the Deathsinger once just as it went down, but then we couldn't beat Crota. I haven't seen any of VoG. I'd rather do that one but I'm fine with either.

I have a Titan and a Warlock at 31. The Titan is focused on defense with Helm Of St14 but the other skill is maxed too. I have a Glasshouse Exotic, which I can just switch out easily between the two. My Warlock uses Obsidian Mind and is focused on Voidwalker. I am levelling up Sunsinger but it's not ready yet.

I have done the Nightfalls for both but I'm willing to do them again. They don't take long and it's fun to play the Strikes at a higher level. The ROC Strikes are getting too easy

Awesome. I really never get sick of the Vault. Even if all I'm getting is Ass Mats lately, which I'm still in need of for leveling up my characters and weapons.

What's your GT again so that I don't forget it this time around?
:p

Anastasis

The PvP part of the Invective bounty is so much easier than the one for Thorn IMO. Though I no Void primaries at the time when I did it (plus I was a Hunter).

I'm still sitting an a Thorn bounty. Is Aetheon's Epilogue viable to finish that bounty? That's the only void primary I have. Impact is garbage on that thing.

Homeboyd

I'm still sitting an a Thorn bounty. Is Aetheon's Epilogue viable to finish that bounty? That's the only void primary I have. Impact is garbage on that thing.
Yes. I did it using AE, void plug one (this was pre shotgun buff, now I would use swordbreaker) and corrective measure. Wasn't bad at all.

LTWood12

If you need a titan for bubbles or warlock for orbs I can join you to help out as well. I don't have much left to do this week so can hang out for as long as you guys need to get a few kills in.

Awesome. That makes six by my count. I'll check in w/ everyone this evening around 8-9 central.

You don't have to have a void primary. I literally did the bounty with a green void shotgun and was able to get through it pretty quick. Thorn was my first or second exotic weapon I ever got.

Gala

Anyone up for HM Crota now? It's getting late here in Europe, but I would be really glad to kill him once or twice before the reset. My PSN is GalaVita.

1. Gala

I still need Ballerhorn, Suros, Thorn, Pocket Infinity...the list of exotics I have is:

Dragon's Breath
Mida Multi-Tool
Universal Remote
Monte Carlo
4th Horseman
Hard Light
Truth

Of that list, the last 4 are my only exotic drops ever. (I have two Truths, and two Hard Light). I have received two armor items from Nightfalls (Starfire Protocol, and Sunbreakers, both unused). All the rest came from Xur.

RNGesus has not been kind to me. My hopes for drops when I play are "something, anything".

Ooooh. Monte Carlo! Lucky. Even though I hear it isn't good, I've never seen it in action. (..Monte Carlos the PS exclusive gun right?). And yeah, RNGesus hasn't been kind to me either, I've gotten 3 UR drops, and I've had Plan C drop 3 times as well. It could've literally been any other gun O;

blazeuk

Anyone up for HM Crota now? It's getting late here in Europe, but I would be really glad to kill him once or twice before the reset. My PSN is GalaVita.

1. Gala
2. blazeuk

I need to run through it once on my Warlock so I'm in.

someday

Banned
This may seem like a dumb question but what burns are the Titan supers and grenades? I know Warlock is either void or solar (and some of the grenades are easy to figure out) and Hunter is arc or solar. But I've never figured out the Titan stuff. Is there a chart with them all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom