• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

someday

Banned
I heard some people on here do "newbie runs" for the Raids (I think) so I'll have to try and get in on one of those sometime.
Hawkian runs them. I think this week's raid is Vault of Glass so you should check it out. He's so patient and the VoG is easily the most amazing part of Destiny.

Be warned though. He will leave you to suffer through the jumping puzzle. I...was there a long time.

Hawkian runs them. I think this week's raid is Vault of Glass so you should check it out. He's so patient and the VoG is easily the most amazing part of Destiny.

Be warned though. He will leave you to suffer through the jumping puzzle. I...was there a long time.

lol...I'll have to keep an eye out to see when the next run is

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damnit the Throne Defender and Throne Watcher are just punching my clock in. I could make a mockery of either of them one on one but damn. Even with my NPC phantom buddies they're brutal. The crazy thing is I've beaten both them and Nashandra multiple times now as a summoned phantom, but I don't get my humanity back from that for whatever reason. (edit: thus am starting to run low on effigies :<) I also made what seems to be the mistake of killing Vendrick before Nashandra (all those Memories were optional? XD) so now I'll have to fight Aldia too, what? ;_;

I just wanna beat it so I can start Bloodborne and play Destiny without feeling guilty!
lol...I'll have to keep an eye out to see when the next run is
It'll be on Thursday, some info here

Lnkn52

I'm picturing one of those inspirational posters that were all over my University's business department back in the day, w/ photos of a bubble titan and Fireborn Warlock.

"The Best Offense Is a Good Defense"

It's a work in progress:

rXTuO5H.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
They dont. They have. Blast radius though. But i dont think that equals to damage
Yeah, it's Attack and Blast radius you want to compare.
It's a work in progress:

rXTuO5H.jpg
That's a Striker and Voidwalker helm pictured... lmao
Edit:so it is blast radius? I thought that was just how far away u could hit and still do damage.
Not sure what you mean- it's actually how big the explosion is once the rocket detonates, regardless of how far away the target was. But if you mean how far away from the point of impact the target can be and still take damage then yeah. I'm not sure if it increases the amount of damage done or not actually. But it's the only thing on the list that could.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing I haven't done in the game SP related is running the Raids. I'm Level 27 now so I think I'm kinda getting close to hitting the wall of what I can do without attempting them.
I'm level 30 and I've only completed the VOG once (and got nothing but a fucking shader, lol).

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
picked this up earlier today dam im really having fun at moment level 8 now :D

Impala26

I'm level 30 and I've only completed the VOG once (and got nothing but a fucking shader, lol).

We might be trying something tonight if interested Kittens!

Just got my second character (Hunter) up to level 26 yesterday so now I can run more stuff each week! (oh joy!)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Does Destiny have exotic boots? I can't remember ever seeing any.

We might be trying something tonight if interested Kittens!

Just got my second character (Hunter) up to level 26 yesterday so now I can run more stuff each week! (oh joy!)
I can't tonight, but always keep me posted! You need to get on Twitter, lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Welcome! Feel free to ask any questions you might have here!
Does Destiny have exotic boots? I can't remember ever seeing any.
A couple:

The Mk. 44 Stand Asides on Striker, which give you a longer window for Shoulder Charge (I LOVE them in the Crucible)
Radiant Dance Machines on Hunter, which increase your movement speed while aiming. Haven't played with them yet but I've seen some silly Agility builds with Mida Multi-Tool that make you a spider monkey

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Radiant Dance Machines on Hunter, which increase your movement speed while aiming. Haven't played with them yet but I've seen some silly Agility builds with Mida Multi-Tool that make you a spider monkey
Whoa, cool. That sounds perfect for my play style. I wouldn't wanna get rid of my Achlyophage Symbiote helmet though...

Impala26

feel free to ask questions whenever you feel "stuck". There's a lot of Destiny experience here on which to rely. :)

Yeah, there's a lot of post-game content not explained very well within the content of the game itself, so always feel free to ask in here and it will likely be answered post-haste.

Enjoy your life out there in the wilds, Guardian!

Homeboyd

Speaking of exotics/raid gear, still rounding up ideas for new weapons/armor:

Exotic Weapons
- Weapon that causes enemy to briefly shoot at friendlies before he dies upon receiving "killshot" (homeboyd)

Exotic Armor
- Armor that allows for your character to deal ability damage (grenade, melee, super) in the 3rd element not otherwise available. Aka Titan can deal thermal damage with this exotic, hunter can deal void, or warlock could deal arc. (squid)
- Arc armor - a melee attack from an enemy damages them with arc (electrical) damage. Call them, No Seriously, Don't Touch Me. (ghaleon)
- Void gauntlets - nova grenades have a gravitational pull to them, sucking enemies toward the explosion like a mini-black hole (can't recall which grenade leaves the explosion in place for a while, but it would apply to that one) (ghaleon)
- Gunslinger - throwing knives stick into the opponent, doing damage over time and impeding their movement, momentarily. (Hard to run with a knife sticking out of your chest) (ghaleon)
- Boots - Landing from a jump or drop will cause a small AOE blast around you, damaging anyone or anything within close proximity. Small cooldown on effect. (homeboyd)

Raid Sets
- Titans VoG set - 4 PIECE SPECIAL EFFECT (3 piece?) - Shield of Glass - After using a Titans super, shields like the Hydras have circle your body for an X amount of time (breezylimbo)
- Titans Crota set - CROTAS RAGE! - When you use a super, for the next 15 seconds your fists glow with red, you lose the ability to use a weapon, instead your melee attack deals 300% bonus damage and you can attack faster with the use of both fists. (breezylimbo)

Speaking of exotics, still rounding up ideas for new weapons/armor:

- Weapon that causes enemy to briefly shoot at friendlies before he dies upon receiving "killshot" (homeboyd)
- Armor that allows for your character to deal ability damage (grenade, melee, super) in the 3rd element not otherwise available. Aka Titan can deal thermal damage with this exotic, hunter can deal void, or warlock could deal arc. (squid)

Squid had another idea for weapons but I can't remember it (help me squid). Any others?

it should have been a base perk in the game, but there should be a way to regenerate health with throwing knife kills. gunslinger's need better exotics

GhaleonEB

Squid had another idea for weapons but I can't remember it (help me squid). Any others?

Arc armor - a melee attack from an enemy damages them with arc (electrical) damage. Call them, No Seriously, Don't Touch Me.
Void gauntlets - nova grenades have a gravitational pull to them, sucking enemies toward the explosion like a mini-black hole (can't recall which grenade leaves the explosion in place for a while, but it would apply to that one)
Gunslinger - throwing knives stick into the opponent, doing damage over time and impeding their movement, momentarily. (Hard to run with a knife sticking out of your chest)

Most of these have PvE in mind, because f PvP. :p

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Void gauntlets - nova grenades have a gravitational pull to them, sucking enemies toward the explosion
Borderlands 2 has grenades like that and they're SO FUN. I'd only want them to work on non-Guardian enemies, tho.

GhaleonEB

Borderlands 2 has grenades like that and they're SO FUN. I'd only want them to work on non-Guardian enemies, tho.

Yeah I added an edit - it's easy to come up with great exotic perks for PvE that will pretty much wreak PvP. But really...I'd be okay with having exotics that only provide benefits in one or the other. I think it's okay to have an ideal build for one but not the latter.

Meh, I'm pretty sure we'll be getting new subclasses with Comet so that second category would seem redundant. I'm wondering what the new supers/melees could be, though. Maybe some abilities to heal/rez your teammates.

Arc Warlocks getting a super ability that just explodes electricity in a radius around them would be awesome. Optional upgrade to provide health to allies in that radius.

Arc armor - a melee attack from an enemy damages them with arc (electrical) damage. Call them, No Seriously, Don't Touch Me.
Void gauntlets - nova grenades have a gravitational pull to them, sucking enemies toward the explosion like a mini-black hole (can't recall which grenade leaves the explosion in place for a while, but it would apply to that one)
Gunslinger - throwing knives stick into the opponent, doing damage over time and impeding their movement, momentarily. (Hard to run with a knife sticking out of your chest)

I'm telling you guys! Raid sets!

Titans VoG set-4 PIECE SPECIAL EFFECT(3 piece?)- Shield of Glass-After using a Titans super, shields like the Hydras have circle your body for an X amount of time

Titans Crota set-CROTAS RAGE!-When you use a super, for the next 15 seconds your fists glow with red, you lose the ability to use a weapon, instead your melee attack deals 300% bonus damage and you can attack faster with the use of both fists.

Telling you, this is the way they should go. Suddenly people will keep doing raids in order to collect both sets~

Homeboyd

Oh god... that black hole one would be awesome.

Meh, I'm pretty sure we'll be getting new subclasses with Comet so that second category would seem redundant.
Is this based on anything other than 100% speculation? :) lol Yes, it would seem like that would be an obvious route to go, but they haven't in any way hinted that they'll do this. I actually think it's by design they'd leave one element unavailable to your class from the start (unless you picked up this exotic, which would only be available for 1 class). Keeps you wanting to try other characters.

//

Another: Boots - Landing from a jump or drop will cause a small AOE blast around you, damaging anyone or anything within close proximity. Small cooldown on effect.

Edit: Yes, raid "sets" are an absolute must. Wearing all raid gear (over picking an exotic) should give you some sort of buff in the raid only.

Atone13

Alright, so I spent my second day at lvl 25 and haven't been able to pick up single piece of gear with more light on it than I'm currently wearing. This seems to be an odd lvl, as there is the option for the lvl 24 strike playlist, and then the option for 26 nightfall strike. One is too low, and the other is too high. Against my better judgement I decided to just try the nightfall strike, since even at 25 it allows me to sign up for it.

I definitely felt like I was the weakest link in there and felt bad for making randoms at a higher level essentially carry me through it. Although in my defense, I did end up the last guardian standing and managed revive both fallen team members without dying with the bosses health sub 20%, so we didn't have to start over. Did I just get really lucky with my previous drops that brought me to lvl 25? Or am I just on a serious run of bad rng currently?

Also, 5 strike runs today, one nightfall, 4 lvl 24 playlist and ALL of them were ishtar sink. I mean the first couple times it's fun, but by the fifth run through of it in an afternoon I'm like wth. Is it because it's the daily bounty? It's giving that to everyone who signs up for their first strike of the day and I'm just being paired with them? Anyway, taking a break now but I'll probably go in for a few more this evening. If anything to just chip away at the vanguard rank bar so I can hit lvl 2 and start buying some upgrades since nothing seems to want to drop.

Is this based on anything other than 100% speculation? :) lol Yes, it would seem like that would be an obvious route to go, but they haven't in any way hinted that they'll do this. I actually think it's by design they'd leave one element unavailable to your class from the start (unless you picked up this exotic, which would only be available for 1 class). Keeps you wanting to try other characters.

Yeah, good point. I prefer speculating on what abilities they could add. :lol

I keep hoping for at least a Rare auto rifle to happen for me...still nothing...lol

The Cryptarch seems to love giving me hand cannons or scout rifles as Engram turn-ins.

Homeboyd

Has the Nightfall and Xur inventory for this week been leaked yet?
Cerberus Vae (Mars) - No burn for NF or weekly

No inventory to my knowledge as Bungie did some slick shit to prevent dataminers from seeing it consistently.

Yes I spoilered it.

Alright, so I spent my second day at lvl 25 and haven't been able to pick up single piece of gear with more light on it than I'm currently wearing.

Focus on leveling your Vanguard rank and acquiring vanguard marks to buy the purple gear the quartermaster sells. It's the quickest guaranteed way to raise your light level.

Roarak

Neo Member
lol, which one?

I can finally run TWO normal VoG per week as I got my hunter (2nd char) up to level 26 now.

:)

Admittedly, the whole Damage versus Impact concept confused me at first.
It still kind of does...

Lets try for VoG, ive still never ran it. Have CE normal and hard already, but i dont mind doing them again. Or NF if you still need it.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
tried pvp once the bounties unlocked for it and got annihilated lol.

tried a strike mission and got owned aswell :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom