• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullichin

Whoo I got a Legendary engram!

2 ascendant shards. Not even shards that I can use to upgrade any of the new gear. I thought they fixed that ._.;

If you look at the material details on an unupgraded raid piece, the description says:

Radiant Shard
Obtained from Raids, in smaller amounts from Nightfall events, and rarely from other sources in the world.

Same thing for energy. But radiant mats are clearly not in the loot table for anything but the Raid and I don't think they've addressed it.

GutZ31

It's just laziness. They copied the exact description for Ass shards/energy.

Dont worry guys! When the house of wolves DLC comes out, they will update the loot table to give radiant mats.
Then you can be just as grindy because you now need some other material to upgrade HoW raid gear, and your crota gear will be under leveled compared to the vangard/crucible armor.

So many GREAT decisions in the leveling department...

Dont worry guys! When the house of wolves DLC comes out, they will update the loot table to give radiant mats.
Then you can be just as grindy because you now need some other material to upgrade HoW raid gear, and your crota gear will be under leveled compared to the vangard/crucible armor.

World of Warcraft kinda does it too, each expansion having some new funny money, but atleast those expansions are 1-2 years apart... I get what they were going for, but I literally just laughed manically and turned off my PS4 after decrypting that engram. I'm not even angry.

World of Warcraft kinda does it too, each expansion having some new funny money, but atleast those expansions are 1-2 years apart... I get what they were going for, but I literally just laughed manically and turned off my PS4 after decrypting that engram. I'm not even angry.

You only had one? Just wait until it is dozens.

GutZ31

The difference with WoW and Destiny is an actual level, versus a "soft level".
Destiny screwed its own pooch with how many awesome looking rare armors/weapons they have, yet you have no incentive to keep them, as they hurt your chances of success in raids/nightfalls/high level activities.

I don't think they need to change away from light level, but I do believe they DESPERATELY need a transmogrification ability to change the look of your best stated armors.

I have deleted hundreds of rare armors that I would have loved to mix and match to personalize my guardian.

Destiny screwed its own pooch with how many awesome looking rare armors/weapons they have, yet you have no incentive to keep them, as they hurt your chances of success in raids/nightfalls/high level activities.

I don't think they need to change away from light level, but I do believe they DESPERATELY need a transmogrification ability to change the look of your best stated armors.

I have deleted hundreds of rare armors that I would have loved to mix and match to personalize my guardian.

That or just have one universal currency for upgrading gear, and convert it into I dunno....Marks of your choosing when an expansion comes up. That way you don't have to worry about having to collect new different materials for upgrading new weapons whilst having old ones for say, Exotics. WoW does it with Conquest(Used to do it with Justice/Valor), at the start of a new expansion it converts all those points into Gold.

Hey all my bro got me a basic phone with 3G capabiities. It's a Sharp FX, can slowly post till next week, then my bro got a friend to hook me up with a smartphone HTC1. GAF got a new TOS with funding but I really want thank all of you who donated, it really will help out.
This Wednesday will mark 1 month in the hospital, I'm making very good strides. Lost roughly 25 lbs so far from healthy hospital food and rehab/excersize. I have to wait till first week in April for X-Rays to set me up on a path to coming home. I try to read GAF daily but it's very hard to reply/post with this phone.
Took me like 10 minutes to type this with the phone keypad. Might sound like a broken record but I miss you all, hopefully I'll be a brand new Guardian coming back to become a Legend again.

Great to hear that things are looking up, and the positive attitude will do wonders! It's also good to hear that the donations are helping. I'm always afraid that a third party (the hospital in this case) would freeze or just take the funds.

Good luck, and I'm sure in a few days you'll have mastered the strat for typing on a dumb phone.

Private!
What are you doing up?!

We doing something or what?

Nothing exciting. I was just going to do bounties on one character, but they stacked so nicely today I couldn't resist doing them on all three. Then I saw Ares on doing the same thing.

I need to sleep so I can be fresh for reset day. The first one I've been home for in about a month! I'm just hoping that my wife heads out right after the little one leaves for school.

All Bungie has to do is look at how Blizzard fixed and improved Diablo 3 with the Ultimate Evil edition.

GutZ31

Nothing exciting. I was just going to do bounties on one character, but they stacked so nicely today I couldn't resist doing them on all three. Then I saw Ares on doing the same thing.

I need to sleep so I can be fresh for reset day. The first one I've been home for in about a month! I'm just hoping that my wife heads out right after the little one leaves for school.

dblujilbztbkb5sqsqbz.jpg

Sometimes you just need some time alone... with your PS4...

Spiders

According tot the leak, the new vanguard and crucible gear will have the same amount of light as Crota gear. So Crota gear will still be better because of the perks.

Bungie also said making VoG gear irrelevant with TDB was a mistake that they won't repeat again.

nOoblet16

from my understanding:

be logged in prior to reset. be in orbit with tower selected.

after reset go to tower. door should be open.

go to IB guy and buy your stuff.

if you do anything else your rank resets.

Don't go to the tower yourself, it didn't work for me and many people last time.
Instead join someone who is already at the tower (and has the IB area open)

According tot the leak, the new vanguard and crucible gear will have the same amount of light as Crota gear. So Crota gear will still be better because of the perks.

Bungie also said making VoG gear irrelevant with TDB was a mistake that they won't repeat again.

They need to experiment with perks more. Holding extra ammo/decreasing CDs are great and all, but give us a reason to want new gear aside from light level or buffs to current raiding tier. Like, how cool would it be....2 examples to list how this could work-

VoG Titan set-Set ability:Shield of Glass-Every once in a while a personal digital shield rises while you're in combat(or give it a pop based on your health going low) that reflects all shots shot at you.

Crota Titan Set-Crotas Rage-After killing a certain amount of enemies in a short amount of time, you go into a rage and take 75% reduced damage, lose the ability to use your weapon, and gain 200% increased melee damage, and your fists glow black and red or something.

Like, one doesn't invalidate the other, and it gives you something to work for. Maybe I want to run VoG to get that set for that ability, or I'm going to spec around Crotas set to just become this unstoppable Titan.

Like...that would be awesome. They could tack on all the currencies they wanted to and I would still want to play because the Raid Sets don't invalidate the previous one, but gives you another way to play.

Bungie you should hire me. or steal my idea. I can make this game 10000% more fun for you~

Edit-God thinking about how cool that would be is depressing me. Instead we get hand cannon ammo+ for the umpteenth time from the Titans chest piece from Crota.

Shito

If that's the case, people are going to regret whining about that when the new raid kicks everyone's 32 sorry ass with 34 mobs.
How are we supposed to reach 33 then? Pray on good old RNG yet again?

[EDIT] hmmm, they could insert the 33 gear in the story quests, like they did with the gloves given by Eris... Would work, I guess.

If that's the case, people are going to regret whining about that when the new raid kicks everyone's 32 sorry ass with 34 mobs.
How are we supposed to reach 33 then? Pray on good old RNG yet again?

34 mobs would be the hard HoW raid presumably, no?

i guess the new raid gear would have to gain you 2 levels instead of 1?

idk

looking for someone to open the IB door for the reset glitch

PS4

EDIT: someone just posted this on reddit. that gear change thing seems odd.

Here's a reminder for the Iron Banner reset for tomorrow. Also made a video about it but it just states what is written below.

https://youtu.be/YeSgtKNz1jY

Get online and floating in Orbit at 3:55 CT (Five or so minutes before reset.)

Wait until refresh, Tower should say "Requirements not Met"

Press start and switch one random piece of gear.

You should now have access to Tower. Go to Lord Saladin and your rank from last Iron Banner should stay.

Make sure when you are in Orbit, do NOT do anything else, do not travel anywhere other than tower and do NOT click the Crucible Playlist button. Doing so will reset your rank.

Oh and you know what else I love about bonus Shotgun ammo?

IT ONLY GIVES UNIVERSAL REMOTE 3 EXTRA ROUNDS.

I remember why I quit playing around the first time ._.

noomi

morning reset gaf!

Might need one more for normal deathsinger & crota x3 in about 10 minutes. anyone interested?

*edit*

Full, thanks Bitsurugi.

Just gonna load up the gorgon HM checkpoint.
To my reset raid team, my aplogizes. I won't be able to do the reset raids this time again :( I still have a lot of materials to go thro before class.
Edit: acutally I will be at hard crota at first.

That's what's gonna make you stop playing?

The little things add up, man. Seeing so many stupid design decisions again is like...a repellant. 'Hey here have this raid chest from Crotas raid, it gives you a whole +3 shotgun ammo! And you get a reload bonus for an insignificant part of the last boss!'.

Ganhyun

man, this is one of those times i hate being on the 360. hardly anyone plays so i have to rely on the 'possibly works' IB glitch.

so im in orbit, with the tower as the destination (not launched)

at reset its supposed to say requirements not met?

then i switch a gear piece?

so im in orbit, with the tower as the destination (not launched)

at reset its supposed to say requirements not met?

then i switch a gear piece?

the guy on reddit was saying he was all over the obit screens messing around last time so I don't think it matters.

just don't enter the crucible icons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom