• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was implying a Soulslike experience (mostly Singleplayer, but Sunbro enabled) with RNG loot and weekly challenge missions. I think a reason people stick around for Destiny long term is for the carrot on stick loot, looking for specific gear etc. At least it is a big factor.

Souls allows you to essentially get everything you want "up front", very few items are earned by RNG. I suspect this contributed to a faster burn out/atrophy of the player base as everyone gets what they want and lose motivation to play.

Ah ok, I see what your saying.

Yes in that case it would be interesting. I think it would split the Souls community a bit but change is not always a bad thing.

GhaleonEB

There's always this huge bump in the number of concurrent friends playing Destiny on Tuesdays. Most days I have 1.5 pages of friends in the Destiny friends list. Tuesdays that at least doubles during the orgy of Nightfalls/Heroics/Raids. I wonder if Bungie sees this in their player stat tracking. I'd hazard Tuesdays have the highest concurrent players during the week.

Rainmaker

Banned
I'm fixing to try knocking out these last two nightfalls since I've been busy all week with work. No mic right now but if anyone wants to help and/or still needs them feel free to jump in. PSN: The_Sacred

Deku Tree

RNGesus-Senpai,

Please give me Strange Coins and Ascendant Shards from NF this week. That is all I want. And please give me my 25th Word of Crota from Scrota. And Chatterwhite again from Atheon. Looking forward to the loot reset!

Thanks!
Deku

Lol messy sword by me. Went a few weeks of Flawless Crota kills then I Scrub it up on my Hunter. When he started to stand up he twisted me making me miss my blink strike. Then he killed me again after i got a 4th hit in. Noobtastic tonight. I'll redeem myself tomorrow from such scrubbiness.

Kaiken

Banned
Lol messy sword by me. Went a few weeks of Flawless Crota kills then I Scrub it up on my Hunter. When he started to stand up he twisted me making me miss my blink strike. Then he killed me again after i got a 4th hit in. Noobtastic tonight. I'll redeem myself tomorrow from such scrubbiness.

Still got the job done.

Defuser

Godammit when will I ever get my Hawkmoon? It's my most desired exotic. I already got 4 Gjallarhorns and that was overkill.

Gala

Anyone doing Crota later at around 5pm GMT+1? My early shift is ruining my stay up long and play destiny shedule

Normally I'm marginally excited about reset Tuesdays. Today, can't give a fuck.

Have normal gorgon checkpoint, any volunteers to help me carry it over in 4 hours?
I got the HM, NM gorgon and HM crota. Pretty sure drizzay and noomi will be on to help transfer checkpoints around.

grief

I got the HM, NM gorgon and HM crota. Pretty sure drizzay and noomi will be on to help transfer checkpoints around.

Can I pick up either of the Gorgon ones before reset? I didn't get around to opening that damned chest twice this week and I'm ready to be disappointed.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hey all my bro got me a basic phone with 3G capabiities. It's a Sharp FX, can slowly post till next week, then my bro got a friend to hook me up with a smartphone HTC1. GAF got a new TOS with funding but I really want thank all of you who donated, it really will help out.
This Wednesday will mark 1 month in the hospital, I'm making very good strides. Lost roughly 25 lbs so far from healthy hospital food and rehab/excersize. I have to wait till first week in April for X-Rays to set me up on a path to coming home. I try to read GAF daily but it's very hard to reply/post with this phone.
Took me like 10 minutes to type this with the phone keypad. Might sound like a broken record but I miss you all, hopefully I'll be a brand new Guardian coming back to become a Legend again.

Xion385

Hey all my bro got me a basic phone with 3G capabiities. It's a Sharp FX, can slowly post till next week, then my bro got a friend to hook me up with a smartphone HTC1. GAF got a new TOS with funding but I really want thank all of you who donated, it really will help out.
This Wednesday will mark 1 month in the hospital, I'm making very good strides. Lost roughly 25 lbs so far from healthy hospital food and rehab/excersize. I have to wait till first week in April for X-Rays to set me up on a path to coming home. I try to read GAF daily but it's very hard to reply/post with this phone.
Took me like 10 minutes to type this with the phone keypad. Might sound like a broken record but I miss you all, hopefully I'll be a brand new Guardian coming back to become a Legend again.
Get well soon, Guardian. :)

Great to hear from you Grave, glad to know that recovery is on track. We miss you too, you'll be back in no time...stay strong and keep well.

M3Rocket

I will be around. I have the HM Gorgon, NM GK Glimmer and NM Deathsinger. Probably want to prioritize. I should have at least one other friend who can help.

The VoG ones are longer/more difficult to get to, so here's my suggestion for save points.

1. HM Gorgon
2. NM Gorgon/NM GK Glimmer
3. HM Crota
4. NM Deathsinger

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

Awesome - keep getting better GraveRobberX!

GhaleonEB

Hit or miss?

It is, for the most part, an improvement. I think opening up a new activity to a larger audience is a good thing. But there's the usual AFKers/jerks (though most folks are well behaved) and the loss of being able to solo / 2-man the strike was a tough pill to swallow for many.

Hit or miss?

I'd say it's a good thing, having a feature is better than lack thereof.

You can easily find players on DGAF to team up with, so mostly never have to worry about doing it solo.

When you can't, you have matchmaking. There will be the occasional trolls who don't pull their weight or just remain afk, but usually randoms have been good to play with.

Only those who like to solo weeklies can't anymore.

Whoo I got a Legendary engram!

2 ascendant shards. Not even shards that I can use to upgrade any of the new gear. I thought they fixed that ._.;

Friends and I just finished our very first session of HM Crota. 2.5 hrs and we didn't get him down. Every time we got past the ogres something weird would happen... sword just straight up vanished twice with no enemies anywhere near it, Crota or the Gatekeeper followed us into the ogre room, Swordbearer would run off and hide, boomers on the left pinpoint sniped someone in the ogre room on the right one time...

Very annoying but I felt we learned a lot. As the sword runner I felt in control most of the time and we're pretty sure we can get him next time, assuming the game feels like not bugging out for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom