• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Damnit the Throne Defender and Throne Watcher are just punching my clock in. I could make a mockery of either of them one on one but damn. Even with my NPC phantom buddies they're brutal. The crazy thing is I've beaten both them and Nashandra multiple times now as a summoned phantom, but I don't get my humanity back from that for whatever reason. (edit: thus am starting to run low on effigies :<) I also made what seems to be the mistake of killing Vendrick before Nashandra (all those Memories were optional? XD) so now I'll have to fight Aldia too, what? ;_;

I just wanna beat it so I can start Bloodborne and play Destiny without feeling guilty!

It'll be on Thursday, some info here

Just play BB. You wont feel guilty. Yes it's that good.

border

Cerberus Vae (Mars) - No burn for NF or weekly

NIGHTFALL SPOILER:

Have they patched out the newest cheese for that strike yet? Or will my armor-piercing rounds once again claim a slow but steady victory? It seems really crappy of them to put this as the Nightfall when the boss nerfs are only a week or two away and they admit that it has the lowest completion rate of any Nightfall.

Deku Tree

NIGHTFALL SPOILER:

Have they patched out the newest cheese for that strike yet? Or will my armor-piercing rounds once again claim a slow but steady victory? It seems really crappy of them to put this as the Nightfall when the boss nerfs are only a week or two away and they admit that it has the lowest completion rate of any Nightfall.

Yeah especially since they skipped
Omnigul Solar burn
in the rotation if megamanexe is correct.

I come back to this thread and find spoiler tags? WTF.

You have already played 100% of the content in this game at least once

JGW and I will carry over a couple checkpoints since iRAWR probably can't hear me.

border

Some people like to have the Nightfall and Xur stuff be a surprise.

Personally I always found it exciting when we didn't know what Xur would bring, and there was much rejoicing and frolicking when he showed up on Friday morning with something awesome. It got kinda stale to know what was coming 1-2 weeks in advance.

Then last week it was a mystery again and all of a sudden he showed up with.........Dragon's Breath. Now I'm just like "Fuck it, tell me everything so I don't get my hopes up."

got the crota helm, got another helmet <_>

good HM run I got the ugly shader now

also apparently I lost a mote of light because I got it in the mail

Gala

Thank you guys very much for the hard Crota kills! I finally got a Word of Crota which means I can finally try the thorn bounty pvp part

Arugh lost my crota killing skills :( the horrible lag did not help at all D:

We killed him right after you left. Guess we needed a real sword wielder :p

Learn the combo.

First break I didn't have invisibility so got only 4 hits on him. Comboed him on second break to get his health down to one hit before enrage, equal to 9 R2 hits :p

Still need someone? I'm down.

I'm down for this whenever you're available

Still need someone? PSN squidhands

Just beat him.

I'm off now, have work in couple of hours

Thanks for hopping in Gunawi.

got the crota helm, got another helmet <_>

good HM run I got the ugly shader now

also apparently I lost a mote of light because I got it in the mail

Thank you guys very much for the hard Crota kills! I finally got a Word of Crota which means I can finally try the thorn bounty pvp part

Nice, congrats on the loot.

Can anyone save the video? I want to see the damage output in the second sword. For science. :p

GhaleonEB

JGW and I will carry over a couple checkpoints since iRAWR probably can't hear me.

Leaked content, including schedules for Xur / weekly events, should be tagged. Some folks look forward to discovering what is on tap when the time comes, so our hopes and dreams are crushed on a predictable cadence. This goes for the expansion leaks as well.

Sorry to hear that Scrota returned. Hopefully the patch will improve the encounter but I'm not optimistic.
*sigh* most likely
We killed him right after you left. Guess we needed a real sword wielder :p

Learn the combo.

First break I didn't have invisibility so got only 4 hits on him. Comboed him on second break to get his health down to one hit before enrage, equal to 9 R2 hits :p

Just beat him.

I'm off now, have work in couple of hours
*sigh* I fail and am a disgrace..good bye!

Wut!

A friend has the same setup. I use Blessing Of Light and he uses Weapons Of Light, so that we buff each other. We generate so many Orbs that we constantly have at least one shield at all times and the other is never less than 30 seconds aways. Our third friend uses a Hunter and blitzes every blinded enemy.

It's so powerful that we can blind Omnigul and just shoot her at point-blank range with shotguns, step back into the shield so she follows, and then just repeat over and over. We have killed her within 20 seconds before now

Wow I dont think I ever beat Omnigul in under 3-4 min.

blazeuk

Anyone have HM Atheon CP I can grab quickly? (or Gorgon Maze)

Edit again: Got it this time.

Are you going for the kills tonight? I know kadey was trying to get it done at some point today...

I've just got the 1 to run, if I'm around I can help out but I'll probably only be online for another hour or so.

no way! can't give up now. I finally beat them, i'm so close now.

You got this. You'll be in Yarnam by tonight. You will also likely beat BB before me despite a 2 week head start. If I am lucky I will have the game beat by the end of April. Hope there is still an active community for Coop. My favorite thing to do is camp at a tough boss and do coop all evening.

You got this. You'll be in Yarnam by tonight. You will also likely beat BB before me despite a 2 week head start. If I am lucky I will have the game beat by the end of April. Hope there is still an active community for Coop. My favorite thing to do is camp at a tough boss and do coop all evening.

Sorry for being off topic, but if you need help, let me know. currently made another characters that's level 35.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
the pair, Nashandra, Vendrick and Aldia are dead,
throne abandoned
. Now, and only now, will the shrink wrap come off of BB.

LTWood12

Bogue
Stb
Rasengan
T-44
Ichabod

My wife hasn't been home quite a few nights in a row, so she's not exactly dying for me to do this tonight. Maybe later than I thought if at all. Really sorry. If anyone is still around at 10 CDT may shoot you guys an invite.

You boys still up for it? I've got an hour.

SgtCobra

their initial accuracy and range were nerfed. hawkmoon and the last word got hit the hardest.

bungie doesn't like people sniping with hand cannons.
Late response but thank you, I really shows. Shortly after the patch it didn't bother me at all but when I stopped playing for a while the changes became very apparent..

phen0m24

Will be right there with ya Khorgano. I hit 40-something now. Played a little with Dhruv last week.

Have beaten now with you and Dhruv's help:
Cleric beast
Father G
Blood Starved Beast
Vicar Amelia
Witches of Hemwick
I think that's it

Sorry for being off topic, but if you need help, let me know. currently made another characters that's level 35.
Don't think I didn't see this. Hawkian don't need no help. He'll find a sword along the way and hold R2 a lot. :p

todd360

Leaked content, including schedules for Xur / weekly events, should be tagged. Some folks look forward to discovering what is on tap when the time comes, so our hopes and dreams are crushed on a predictable cadence. This goes for the expansion leaks as well.

Everyone has waited every Friday for uncountable weeks at this point. I'm sure nobody cares about his wares being spoiled at this point.

Expansion leaks should definitely be spoiler tagged though.

Will be right there with ya Khorgano. I hit 40-something now. Played a little with Dhruv last week.

Have beaten now with you and Dhruv's help:
Cleric beast
Father G
Blood Starved Beast
Vicar Amelia
Witches of Hemwick
I think that's it

Don't think I didn't see this. Hawkian don't need no help. He'll find a sword along the way and hold R2 a lot. :p
I was referring to Orthogonal or anyone really :p

Thanks for the offer. I will let you know if I need help, but I am going to try and solo everything first. My main limitation is time. Only have about 8 or so hours played. Level 42 or so in the Forbidden Woods atm.

Destiny, as grindy as it is, still fits my schedule rather well. 3x NF, 3x Weekly and a Raid or two is only 4 to 6 hours per week, so I can get everything done that I want over the long term. There isn't as much urgency in the game design. Probably a good reason it sunk its hooks in.

BB feels like a sprint and I am slow off the blocks. Everyone is in NG+ or beyond and I am still stuck in the first Half of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom