• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
32 is in sight. Might hit my first one this week . . .

Got Vex & Universal Remote to add to collection. Plus a 3rd speeder for my titan, and everyone is rocking legendary gear except Warlock legs which I can buy later today (well, first I have to get my titan up to 20).

Dead Orbit rank up didn't produce a shader, but other than that, a very productive day. As always, thanks for all the help and good times, GAF . . .

blazeuk

Just run sword on my 3 different characters, it was only NM Crota so not too difficult but it gave me a bit of practice with it at least since I've only ever done it once before. Messed around with the combo move a few times and then the basic 3-4 hit R2, think I prefer the basic sword move over the combo but then I suppose it doesn't really matter too much on normal.

Finally got Light of the Abyss too, once I level that up I'll have all CE raid weapons and armour fully upgraded, got 2 helmets on Monday for my Hunter and Titan which had infusion so I'll level those up and swap them with the ones I've been using but I'm done with needing anything from CE now (I'll still carry on doing it each week).

FyreWulff

I think we largely agree, but to clarify my stance: Bungie gathered data to identify which strikes are being completed the most and least often. They identified Valus on the weekly rotation as landing at or near the very bottom of the list. The moment they saw that data and put plans in place to get a fix lined up, the strike should have been pulled from rotation. This was identified many weeks ago; I don't think it was Deej's announcement that was problematic, but rather the decision to keep it in the mix.

If Deej did not say anything, the blowback would have just been backward looking: you rolled out that strike knowing it was a problem, and had a fix a week or so away, and didn't tell anyone? People would be at least as annoyed then as now. So I don't put this one on Deej - I put it on Bungie for not acting more promptly on their own data. They had plenty of time.

Yeah. While I understand why it probably happened (changing it may have some sort of test risk, better to just let it run again), it's really awkward when you say you're fixing something and then just re-run the broken content.

Similar things happened with Reach where certain dailies were fucked and they just manually changed them over and over again instead of banning the challenge from the rotation. And then 343 TU'd the game but kept the Link Up To Bungie.net daily in the rotation and just made it worth 1cR :lol

Yeah. While I understand why it probably happened (changing it may have some sort of test risk, better to just let it run again), it's really awkward when you say you're fixing something and then just re-run the broken content.

Similar things happened with Reach where certain dailies were fucked and they just manually changed them over and over again instead of banning the challenge from the rotation. And then 343 TU'd the game but kept the Link Up To Bungie.net daily in the rotation and just made it worth 1cR :lol

I mean, they fixed Xur from leaking his content didn't they? Its funny they didn't bother doing it for the actual strike as well.

Manp

update time!
Manp said:
missing exotics:

Titan:
- Mk. 44 Stand Asides (LOL)

Hunter:
- Achlyophage Symbiote (had the 30 light one but dismantled it when i didn't have an hunter)
- Lucky Raspberry (actually want this one)
- Mask of the Third Man (actually want this one)
- Radiant Dance Machines (LOL)

Warlock:
- Apotheosis Veil
- Claws of Ahamkara

Weapons:
- Hard Light
- Monte Carlo
- Red Death (actually want this one)
- Universal Remote

got Radiant Dance Machines (and Suros #7 or so) from 1 of the 2 NFs i ran tonight! still one to do...

baby steps :)

FyreWulff

I mean, they fixed Xur from leaking his content didn't they? Its funny they didn't bother doing it for the actual strike as well.

Different teams, more than likely. It's definitely not like Reach where it was one person doing challenges, and one person overseeing a team for playlist updates, and that was it. As far as I can tell Destiny's content teams are heavily silo'd into their specific tasks. Raid designers don't have direct involvement on the weapons team, for example. You sort of need to do that when you have so many people, though.

Different teams, more than likely. It's definitely not like Reach where it was one person doing challenges, and one person overseeing a team for playlist updates, and that was it. As far as I can tell Destiny's content teams are heavily silo'd into their specific tasks. Raid designers don't have direct involvement on the weapons team, for example. You sort of need to do that when you have so many people, though.

how hard is it to press a button ._.

aarcane

Nightfall: Judgment VI with Luck in the Chamber, Flared Magwell and Rangefinder. Might try this one out.
VoG normal: Chatterwhite, cloak and shards, same as usual.

Not many people on my friends list are on, so I think I'll wait until tomorrow for a Crota run.

FyreWulff

how hard is it to press a button ._.

When the button costs you 10,000$ to press.. probably a bit hard. (that's just a number, no idea how much a test cycle costs Bungie)

This is how AAA games work these days. Nobody really tries to wing it anymore. Every change and tweak has to go through a test cycle. Which is why you often see "if it works, leave it alone for now"

When the button costs you 10,000$ to press.. probably a bit hard. (that's just a number, no idea how much a test cycle costs Bungie)

This is how AAA games work these days. Nobody really tries to wing it anymore. Every change and tweak has to go through a test cycle. Which is why you often see "if it works, leave it alone for now"

What? No I mean to take it out of the cycle of the Nightfall. Wasn't there already a discrepancy that Omniguls raid was supposed to be solar burn but it wasn't?

Starting normal crota x3 then atheon hard x3. PSN is Reignofsparrows. We'll be running it after I post this, so messaging me on psn (or just joining) is the best way to contact me. Fireteam is public.

FyreWulff

What? No I mean to take it out of the cycle of the Nightfall. Wasn't there already a discrepancy that Omniguls raid was supposed to be solar burn but it wasn't?

Yes. That costs you a test cycle.

I'm agreeing with everyone else that this is annoying, but I'm also just trying to shed light on the 'why' of why annoying stuff like this happens.

Axoman

You'd think the hooks needed to update/change the weekly and daily activities (and xur) would have been thoroughly developed and tested prior to release.

That, or they didn't have the foresight to see the need for this ability until recently and it's too risky to implement at this point.

FyreWulff

You'd think the hooks needed to update/change the weekly and daily activities (and xur) would have been thoroughly developed and tested prior to release.

That, or they didn't have the foresight to see the need for this ability until recently and it's too risky to implement at this point.

They will probably make their process easier as they go. This is all new tools and engine, in this situation you go with what works to get the game out and increase your QOL of your backend tools after you ship.

Like for example in Halo 2 they couldn't update the playlists without an hour of everyone getting sent into the wrong playlist. By the time they got to Reach, playlists could turn themselves off and on (added in H3 mid-cycle), restrict people via rank, and restrict playlists to certain gamertags being able to see and enter the playlist for special events, and attempt to match you with DLC owners first before looking for other players, and DLC could be made optional to enter playlists.

They started all over again with Destiny.

Yes. That costs you a test cycle.

I'm agreeing with everyone else that this is annoying, but I'm also just trying to shed light on the 'why' of why annoying stuff like this happens.

So when they took out the nightfall of omnigul with solar burn...they wasted 10k on that? For no discernible reason? uhuh.

LF 2 people on HM crota, we're at the witch part of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom