• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

123rl

Blue Ninja and I were pondering this same thing earlier in the day. I have two characters, one who's not yet high enough level to actually place in the hard mode VoG.

We determined that one character can definitely hold a checkpoint in each raid, but we were unsure of checkpoints for each difficulty of the same raid, or if playing on one difficulty would immediately wipe the other.

Oh, so you could have hard Gorgon checkpoint saved on one character, play through it on normal with some buddies and that would STILL hold the hard Gorgon checkpoint?

Sorry I missed the game last night Impala. I waited on as long as I could but I found out at 10pm that I had an important appointment at 9am this morning. I don't suppose you're on again tonight?

Oh, so you could have hard Gorgon checkpoint saved on one character, play through it on normal with some buddies and that would STILL hold the hard Gorgon checkpoint?

Yeah, checkpoints are separate for normal and hard.

Good. I learned today that if you 'save' a HM gorgon CP on a character that hasn't ever killed atheon that it doesn't save CP as you can't load the raid in HM to begin with (even though the character is lvl 30)

It saves, you just can't load it :p

Ambitious

The only exotics I'm missing are the Monte Carlo and the Necrochasm.
I was actually about to post how futile it is to actively try to get the MC by playing Nightfalls or Raids. Considering the number of exotics, the chance of getting a specific one is just incredibly low. That's why I had planned on waiting for Xur to sell the MC later this year.

Second Nightfall:

CCA0iVhW8AA3a76.jpg:large

ocean

Banned
I was actually about to post how futile it is to actively try to get the MC by playing Nightfalls or Raids. Considering the number of exotics, the chance of getting a specific one is just incredibly low. That's why I had planned on waiting for Xur to sell the MC later this year.

Second Nightfall:

Congrats! Not a particularly good Exotic and even less now that Auto Rifles are useless. But it's a beautiful, unique sounding weapon. Meanwhile there I stand with 8 shards after unloading ten billion rockets at Valus :p

Second Nightfall:

And of course I get energies. Le sigh. But thats what I get for only having 1 kill lol

Impala26

I'd love a Gorgon checkpoint too - Xbox version

Sorry I missed the game last night Impala. I waited on as long as I could but I found out at 10pm that I had an important appointment at 9am this morning. I don't suppose you're on again tonight?

S'all right. I took awhile to get online last night myself. Nothing really happened anyway, haha.

We're looking to run Weekly/Nightfall tonight though, so if you'd be interested and we have a spot open, I'll give you a poke.

BTW, Blue Ninja has the Hard Gorgon Checkpoint right now, so go bug him later if he's on. :p

Waldini

My first 5 normal crota clears = 5 hunger of crota.

Such is RNG.

Waaaaaaaa? I keep getting Light of the Abyss :(

Have you created new characters multiple times since TDB released? Otherwise, including this week, you'd only have had 54 possible completions to have a loot drop (3 characters * 18 weeks since TDB has released).

Nah. Got 89 clears in total. Three chars every week since TDB got released.

I cant wait for those PS4 Exclusives to be released on XBONE. Need that Hawkmoon!

noomi

wow just had a really fun hard mode crota kill, I fucking love running the sword :D Had to improvise and do some on the spot calls, super fun haha.

Thanks for the group guys!

One of the guys got a yolohorn, grats!

ethomaz

Banned
I'm done with almost everything I wanted.

3x Nightfall
3x Weekly
1x DS Crota

Needs more 2x DS Crota to try to get 4th Horseman.

After only Bloodborne.

Navid

wow just had a really fun hard mode crota kill, I fucking love running the sword :D Had to improvise and do some on the spot calls, super fun haha.

Thanks for the group guys!

One of the guys got a yolohorn, grats!
Great job running the sword noomi... Yeah, was a fun run. :)

ethomaz

Banned
Also surprised by the lack of activity on Reset Tuesday.
Not surprised by myself... HoW had to be launched in March... it was the right time.

The first expansion had only content to 3 months of play for the grind hardcore guys... I have 99% of everything the first expansion added (only 4th Horseman left).

Jinjo

Not surprised by myself... HoW had to be launched in March... it was the right time.

The first expansion had only content to 3 months of play for the grind hardcore guys... I have 99% of everything the first expansion added (only 4th Horseman left).

Yeah it totally should have. I went on vacation in early march and I got back and the game and the thread is a wasteland compared to what it was before. I would argue TDB just had barely enough content to last a month or two. And that's because HM got delayed until a month after release.

Pre-DLC I had given myself the goal to level every vanilla exotic that I had, but fuck if I'm gonna be that stupid again. Bungie really needs to start detailing their new content philosophies, exotic upgrade system, what they're gonna do better this time story/raid wise. Ow and not lying about the actual content unlike they did with TDB would be nice (ie Crota having multiple forms, Eris being a story catalyst (lol)).

A_Gorilla

Banned
Alright I'm back!

Need to do a full HM Crota Raid and I am set for the day. REALLY need someone who is good with the sword.

PSN:

1.) El_Bombastico

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

Roarak

Neo Member
S'all right. I took awhile to get online last night myself. Nothing really happened anyway, haha.

We're looking to run Weekly/Nightfall tonight though, so if you'd be interested and we have a spot open, I'll give you a poke.

BTW, Blue Ninja has the Hard Gorgon Checkpoint right now, so go bug him later if he's on. :p

I hope to be on in an hour or so, Lets try to gey something going.

Alright I'm back!

Need to do a full HM Crota Raid and I am set for the day. REALLY need someone who is good with the sword.

PSN:

1.) El_Bombastico

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

IF your OK with a 31 add me CthulhuSars.
I know the pointy end of the sword goes towards Crota. I have never run sword.

Second Nightfall:

Maybe they should have kissed first and shot later??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom