• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

I've been a bit surprised at what has to go through an update to Destiny vs. behind the scenes levers Bungie can pull. Things like playlist changes and Iron Banner events seem to get added / updated via updates, rather than behind the scenes controls. Probably has something to do with how Destiny is structured vs. Halo (Fyre may be able to shed some light there).

I think in some cases they are simply bundling the event change with the patches for simplicity sake by sending them through cert at the same time.

We know they can live-change certain things server side, but I think they avoid doing this unless it's an emergency (like extending Xur during the DDoS) where the risk of breakage is outweighed by player sadness.

I think playlist changes are tied to patches this time around, mostly because Reach was technically set up to always be able to handle gametypes scripted and released post-release and work over LAN no matter which version of Reach you were on. It had to be super dynamic and easily changeable. Destiny is always-online, there's no need to account for LAN and therefore it's more sensible to write the gametypes closer to the engine, and some stuff they want to do might need an engine hooked added here and there anyway.

Versus Reach where if they wanted to change something, the game had to support it at launch or it was "well... sorry, can't do that"

Bradach

Either imo.

Just stay at the front of the room and use Titan bubble + Ghorn. Then hide behind crates to the right of entrance when he moves to the front.
Yes, I done the NF x 3 this way and it worked well. We needed the bubble a few times when he was down at our end. Other than that it was a breeze. The adds hardly bothered with us at all for some reason

Just stay at the entrance of his room. The crates to the right of the entrance are fairly safe (splash damage every now and then depending on his position). I've done it numerous times solo from there.

I didn't spend a whole lot of time searching but this guy uses the spot.

Spongebob safe spot

stb

OK, boys; you had your BloodBorne fling, get back to work:
8:30 PM Eastern: (note a slightly earlier start time)
- Gorgon's chest (I see captscience already has HM, but can anyone snag NM?)
- 1x full NM CE (note that we're going to use CENTER strategy going forward to train ourselves for HM)
- 2x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill
- 1x Gorgons -> Atheon HM
- 2x Atheon kill

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) captscience (PSN captscience)
4) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)
6) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12)

a) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
a) ich00 (PSN ichabod00)
a) Lnkn52
a) ich00
a) Hung Wei Lo
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ?

It looks like only schwagger15 isn't going to join the normal crew, but that leaves 5 "alts" to form your own group.

i feel like i'm the only one who likes valus nightfall

the simple reason why is because it's the longest. it's arguably the most difficult [tedious sure, but difficult nonetheless], so it feels more like a nightfall strike than the others. there's plenty of room to dance around though, and each encounter feels like a warzone. i'm just casually playing the tank section with a fireteam and i hopped in an interceptor to bulldoze some cabal. it almost feels like a halo mission, and this reminded me of how much i enjoyed this strike the very first time i did this section.

i don't like it when it shows up in the strike playlist unless i'm really in the mood, but when it comes to nightfall i think it works.

inb4 shards

2 Crota NM runs = Swordbreaker (energy) + Energy & shards.

One person in one group got the Horn and the lest group someone got Red Death, the two exotics I don't have.

No HoC as well.

I mush have the worst loot table.

Lnkn52

OK, boys; you had your BloodBorne fling, get back to work:

8:30 PM Eastern: (note a slightly earlier start time)
- Gorgon's chest (I see captscience already has HM, but can anyone snag NM?)
- 1x full NM CE (note that we're going to use CENTER strategy going forward to train ourselves for HM)
- 2x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill
- 1x Gorgons -> Atheon HM
- 2x Atheon kill

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) captscience (PSN captscience)
4) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ?
5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ?
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ?
a) StereoType (PSN Haybro_) ?
a) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ?
a) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) ?
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ?
a) Lnkn52 ?
a) Hung Wei Lo ?

Is group A ready to join? We're at Orbit.

Plug is da FR gawd. Keep it. Assuming it has decent upgrades.

uCTLGRh.jpg

accelerated coils
rangefinder
feeding frenzy
and a boost to its range with red dot

it's crazy good

Dunk#7

If I am looking to get arms for my Titan which way do I have better odds:

Playing NM first before HM

Playing HM first

When playing HM do both drops have a chance for armor? Or is it only in the loot table of one drop?

If I am looking to get arms for my Titan which way do I have better odds:

Playing NM first before HM

Playing HM first

When playing HM do both drops have a chance for armor? Or is it only in the loot table of one drop?

Play HM first all the way to Crota. Then do the NM Crota fight for the special/heavy weapon drops, then HM Crota fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom