• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradach

Anyone willing to take me through CE Normal this afternoon (18h CET)?
PS4. PSN: j0hnny_385
Never done the CE raid before. #Forever31

The best thing to do is check the thread around that time and you should see a group forming. the fact that you haven't done it before won't be a problem.

Also Hawkian does a newbie raid group every thursday. Its US eastern time I think so it might not suit you though.

Waldini

All these Hawkmoon posts hurts my XBONE feelings :( Just for that I'd buy a PS4... The chance to play with PS4-GAF is a nice bonus...

Still, I keep wondering if HoW has been "changed". Seeing as how fast you could finish TDB I keep asking myself if Bungie learned from this.

Although I am pretty sure HoW will just be like TDB in terms of content. O well.

Still hoping Bungie adds the Trials of Osiris, Queen's Wrath 2.0 and several other stuff. I reduced my play-time by about 75% already and I'm almost at the verge of quitting untill HoW comes out.

I collected most of the Raid Weapons (still no Hunger). Have every Exotic maxed (plz Bungie, not another Exotic reset!) and did both Raids alot. Fun is gone at the moment.

Waldini

Good article. I do like Bungie trying to get everything balanced in order to make the game more enjoyable (to play). However, I feel that the lack of content should be adressed one way or another.

Surely it can't be that hard to have more bounties? Different public events on locations? New events like Queen's Wrath and Trials of Osiris... The ability to reforge weapons at the Gunsmith. I could keep going and we could see these things in the near future.

Good article. I do like Bungie trying to get everything balanced in order to make the game more enjoyable (to play). However, I feel that the lack of content should be adressed one way or another.

Surely it can't be that hard to have more bounties? Different public events on locations? New events like Queen's Wrath and Trials of Osiris... The ability to reforge weapons at the Gunsmith. I could keep going and we could see these things in the near future.

Reforging weapons would be awesome. Except unlike Iron Banner which I believe needs a mote of light, make it cost like...20 vanguard marks(Since those are harder to get and theres a weekly cap).

They need to make some way we can power up legendaries we like(Either from VoG/CE or the Vanguard quartermaster) so they remain usable when each expansion hits. Hell, just ANY sort of forging.

I remember before the game came out, during the alpha/beta, alotta people wondered what Weapon Materials would be for...I used to think that you'd be able to forge weapons with them. It'd be a better use for materials! And it'd increased longevity of playing the game without making it feel grindy

the game's definitely been updated and is much better than it was at launch (except for all the shotguns in crucible now). but weekly updates is definitely something we haven't seen since october.

in other news, i've been using bladedancer in crucible the past few hours and if this isn't the most broken class in the game

easy mode.

the game's definitely been updated and is much better than it was at launch (except for all the shotguns in crucible now). but weekly updates is definitely something we haven't seen since october.

in other news, i've been using bladedancer in crucible the past few hours and if this isn't the most broken class in the game

easy mode.

Definitely most broken for PvP. With the right skills/armor, using their Super and being able to 1-2 shot everyone whilst moving at a fast pace and whilst being nearly invulnerable is hilarious broken.

Waldini

that's why i posted lol.

Here's a weekly update talking about the upcoming weekly update for another week.

Reforging weapons would be awesome. Except unlike Iron Banner which I believe needs a mote of light, make it cost like...20 vanguard marks(Since those are harder to get and theres a weekly cap).

They need to make some way we can power up legendaries we like(Either from VoG/CE or the Vanguard quartermaster) so they remain usable when each expansion hits. Hell, just ANY sort of forging.

I remember before the game came out, during the alpha/beta, alotta people wondered what Weapon Materials would be for...I used to think that you'd be able to forge weapons with them. It'd be a better use for materials! And it'd increased longevity of playing the game without making it feel grindy

When TDB released VoG armor became useless. I remember how HARD it was to get every single piece. Took me several attempts to get my Titan chest. It made me FURIOUS to see that the TDB Vendor gear was better than the VoG armor. I still have all sets, upgraded. How hard is it for Bungie to buff the VoG armor? Make it cost an Exotic Shard or other material. Every single Guardian (at the moment) looks the same. Would be great to run a Raid with people who wear different types of armor (raid or other).

The Gunsmith is a NPC who is useless. Except for the fact he sells those Blue Fusion Rifles which are needed for an exotic bounty. Give him the ability to reforge Legendary weapons. Make him sell Legendary Engrams (for motes or another currency).

There's so many fan-made videos out there. Most of them contain great ideas.

- Weapon Shaders
- Gunsmith Reforging
- VoG armor buff
- More customisation options for your Titan
- More Exotics
- MORE!
- JUST MORE!

... now that I think of it ... whatever happened to the Blue VoG armor? Bungie should've added 2 Raid armor sets. One for normal, one for hard. Both of them should get you to 30 (or higher). Both sets containing different stats and abilities. Players like to look unique. Now ... everyone looks the same.

O well. Enough /what if Bungie talk!

Oh definitely, they can do MUCH more. Weapon Shaders, During the Alpha IIRC each piece of armor had a shader slot(And there were shader levels-Level 1/2/3 IIRC, where certain pieces could only be shaded by certain levels). Giving us the option to upgrade Raid gear(And for the love of god remove the Raid specific buffs and give it a general buff, like for Hive just a buff against Hive or something), that way so gear can become varied. So I can mix and match gear for fucks sake. I would say have a transmogrify option like WoW, but there's not enough Vault space to carry all the armor sets after the 2nd or 3rd raid.

Being able to upgrade weapons....listen Bungie I get you update the weapons, but for fucks sake maybe I reallllllly like some of the weapons I got in VoG y'know? And letting us 'reforge' weapons would be great as well. Balls to your purple engrams Bungie, for a *chance* to get a certain purple weapons, (That or goddamn mats...seriously rolling 2 mats for purple engrams? It should be more than that, because that's how much weapons/armor gives...and with weapons/armor we have a choice to break them down, so it makes sense that if you get forced into a mat roll, you should get more than what breaking down something would get you).

Game still has potential, but Bungie needs to pick up the ball and play with it instead of just leaving it to a skeleton crew to handle patches.

noomi

Good morning dgaf :)

Another Thursday is upon us, and that could only mean one thing.... the weekly update :eek:

Well.... we should be getting a solid release date for 1.1.2 today. Also, did they say new details of house of wolves would start pouring in? Maybe "next week we will have some more house of wolves info for you guys" :p

Also! GRATS ON THAT HAWKMOONS! You have ascended guardians! :p

The best weapon IMO

tumblr_nazdzurmA31temzn1o3_1280.gif

Another Thursday is upon us, and that could only mean one thing.... the weekly update :eek:

Well.... we should be getting a solid release date for 1.1.2 today. Also, did they say new details of house of wolves would start pouring in? Maybe "next week we will have some more house of wolves info for you guys" :p

The best weapon IMO

Oh shit, Hawkmoon is the PS exclusive gun? I thought Monte Carlo was the one...

...WELL I AM ASCENDED, THE XBROS CANNOT TOUCH THIS HAWKMOON WAHAHAHAHA. I'm Sorry Xbros, I love you and you'll get Hawkmoon this September~

So Noomi, I remember seeing you in this very thread go crazy over Hawkmoon a while ago, what do you think is better Thorn or Hawkmoon?

Krelian

...WELL I AM ASCENDED, THE XBROS CANNOT TOUCH THIS HAWKMOON WAHAHAHAHA. I'm Sorry Xbros, I love you and you'll get Hawkmoon this September~
Both are PS exclusive. I'd like a Hawkmoon but Monte Carlo is shit anyway from what I heard :p

Both are PS exclusive. I'd like a Hawkmoon but Monte Carlo is shit anyway from what I heard :p

Don't forget the 4th Horseman, though that one will remain exclusive a bit longer.

I'm kinda interested in Hawkmoon, it'll be neat to finally be able to get my hands on it.

Got the Super Good Advice exotic bounty right before heading to work. Is SGA any good?

The recoil is terrible, but it's good for oracles and the oversoul as all the bullets you fire count as a "miss", so you'll get your ammo back. Besides, it's a fairly easy bounty to do.

noomi

So Noomi, I remember seeing you in this very thread go crazy over Hawkmoon a while ago, what do you think is better Thorn or Hawkmoon?

Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo, and 4th Horseman are all PS exclusive weapons :)

For the Hawkmoon vs Thorn debate.... that's a really tough call for me. I've wanted the Hawkmoon for a VERY LONG TIME, and once it dropped yes... I was pretty damn happy about it haha.

Even though I love the Hawkmoon and it is my favorite weapon in the game, my personal opinion is that the Thorn outperforms it. That DoT damage from the Thorn is just too good and very consistent, the Hawkmoon relies on chance for those magic bullet to proc.

I find myself getting more kills with the Thorn, but I switch it up all the time because I feel like I'm cheating on my beloved Hawkmoon :p

Got the Super Good Advice exotic bounty right before heading to work. Is SGA any good?

I like it very much, it's very good against oracles, oversoul, detainment shields....etc :)

Don't forget the 4th Horseman, though that one will remain exclusive a bit longer.

I'm kinda interested in Hawkmoon, it'll be neat to finally be able to get my hands on it.

3 Bonus rounds...an incredibly huge range and impact(I think more than Thorn..), it seems like a fun weapon.

The recoil is terrible, but it's good for oracles and the oversoul as all the bullets you fire count as a "miss", so you'll get your ammo back. Besides, it's a fairly easy bounty to do.

Recoil Shmecoil. A real Guardian knows how to control his shots :p And any missed shots practically get returned to your magazine. I think it's one of the better MGs for PvE atleast.
I'm working on this bounty atm, don't spoil the fun :(

Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo, and 4th Horseman are all PS exclusive weapons :)

For the Hawkmoon vs Thorn debate.... that's a really tough call for me. I've wanted the Hawkmoon for a VERY LONG TIME, and once it dropped yes... I was pretty damn happy about it haha.

Even though I love the Hawkmoon and it is my favorite weapon in the game, my personal opinion is that the Thorn outperforms it. That DoT damage from the Thorn is just too good and very consistent, the Hawkmoon relies on chance for those magic bullet to proc.

I find myself getting more kills with the thorn, but I switch it up all the time because I feel like I'm cheating on my beloved Hawkmoon :p

Honestly, I've found that the dot isn't all that great on the Thorn. On lower level mobs yeah it'll pretty much kill them, but on enemies that are your level or higher it seems to cap out at 89(Dunno if the weapon damage bonus increases it) but the dot translates to diddly squat in Nightfalls/Raids/Weekly strikes.

The bonus damage from the Hawkmoon probably does more damage overall compared to the dot.

ahahahahahahah oh god°

Yeah that sentence and the preceding one are so stupidly inaccurate they make my brain hurt:

"The weekly updates keep the gameplay balanced and as bug-free as possible while Bungie works on the larger content updates it releases sporadically."

Bungie has been hard at work on the HoW content that was included on your disc at launch, smh. Not to mention the 7 month old VoG bugs. It's crazy how poorly this game is understood by basically everyone outside of the most dedicated players.

noomi

Honestly, I've found that the dot isn't all that great on the Thorn. On lower level mobs yeah it'll pretty much kill them, but on enemies that are your level or higher it seems to cap out at 89(Dunno if the weapon damage bonus increases it) but the dot translates to diddly squat in Nightfalls/Raids/Weekly strikes.

The bonus damage from the Hawkmoon probably does more damage overall compared to the dot.

Ahh, I should have mentioned I was talking about it from a PvP standpoint.

For PvP I prefer the Thorn, and PvE it's Hawkmoon all the way :D

SGA is a bad exotic. "Good for oracles/oversoul" is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. So many VoG weapons are better for oracles and won't waste your exotic spot, plus it has extremely low base range (12) which isn't good for the far away oversoul.

edit: but the bounty is super easy and it's fun to have one of everything.

Gala

Gotta collect them all, I guess. I had to choose between Bad Juju (I completed it last weekend), Super Good Advice and the Pocket Infinity bounty, but I have Hunger of Crota for PvE and Truth for PvP. Hopefully I get Swordbreaker this week, so I can complete my Thorn bounty

SGA is a bad exotic. "Good for oracles/oversoul" is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. So many VoG weapons are better for oracles and won't waste your exotic spot, plus it has extremely low base range (12) which isn't good for the far away oversoul.

you shut your mouth super good advice willb e the best exotic ever JUST YOU WAIT I THREW AWAY A POCKET INFINITY BUNTY FOR IT IT WILL BE MY FIRST HEAVY EXOTIC AHFIODPAJHOPF
I'm Kidding~ <3

Ahh, I should have mentioned I was talking about it from a PvP standpoint.

For PvP I prefer the Thorn, and PvE it's Hawkmoon all the way :D

I don't do PvP~ SO I GUESS IT'S SETTLED

ocean

Banned

If I'll be using Gjallarhorn on Atheon I'll pack a Found Verdict for Oracles. If the team is sniping I like the Black Hammer / SGA combo.

SGA may not be the best use of an Exotic slot but it's fun to use in that fight. Feels like a cheat gun with infinite ammo.

E92 M3

The best weapon IMO

That shall be mine September :D

noomi

That shall be mine September :D

I can't wait for you xboners to get the exclusive weapons :p I really think it was a bad move to make any weapons console exclusives in the first place, I hope this won't be a thing in the future. Same goes for exclusive strikes...

Please no more exclusive weapons/strikes in the future Bungie, let everyone enjoy the game equally. We paid the same price for it, no matter the console.

If I'll be using Gjallarhorn on Atheon I'll pack a Found Verdict for Oracles. If the team is sniping I like the Black Hammer / SGA combo.

SGA may not be the best use of an Exotic slot but it's fun to use in that fight. Feels like a cheat gun with infinite ammo.

My thoughts as well, definitely not the best exotic by any means, but it's hella fun to use :D

you shut your mouth super good advice willb e the best exotic ever JUST YOU WAIT I THREW AWAY A POCKET INFINITY BUNTY FOR IT IT WILL BE MY FIRST HEAVY EXOTIC AHFIODPAJHOPF
I'm Kidding~ <3

lol I could tell you were kidding :p SGA is cool and I love the lore/backstory for it and how it ties into Kabr and VoG. My favorite part of the gun honestly.

As always, my weapon advice is from a min/max perspective which isn't relevant for people with more limited weaponry or people just using a gun for fun.

Yeah lots of people like it. I just don't enjoy the way it sounds or feels to shoot, even after the buff to reign in the recoil.

Give me Corrective Measure all day e'rryday, love that gun. Running out of CM ammo is never an issue, with Surplus and Field Scout. With a BHam team I don't know if an exotic is needed for Atheon, which makes me like the encounter even more.

TheOddOne

Hard mode rewards from three runs:

- Another Word of Crota;
- Unyielding Casque (with Infusion);
- Shards up the wazzo.

Fix this, Bungle.

Haven't used an exotic for Atheon in months.

VoC / CM for Oracles.
Fatebringer for supplicants.
Black hammer for Atheon.

Since the HC nerf, I just can't use FB on much more than thrall. If you are covering one portal, it's almost impossible to help the guy on the other portal. The HC range just isn't what it used to be.

ocean

Banned
lol I could tell you were kidding :p SGA is cool and I love the lore/backstory for it and how it ties into Kabr and VoG. My favorite part of the gun honestly.

As always, my weapon advice is from a min/max perspective which isn't relevant for people with more limited weaponry or people just using a gun for fun.

Yeah lots of people like it. I just don't enjoy the way it sounds or feels to shoot, even after the buff to reign in the recoil.

Give me Corrective Measure all day e'rryday, love that gun. Running out of CM ammo is never an issue, with Surplus and Field Scout. With a BHam team I don't know if an exotic is needed for Atheon, which makes me like the encounter even more.
I got 12 consecutive BH crits yesterday, feels so good. Still haven't managed to get a full Time's Vengeance without missing at least one crit but I'm getting there. Atheon melts nowadays, I remember when that fight was a true headache :p

Since the HC nerf, I just can't use FB on much more than thrall. If you are covering one portal, it's almost impossible to help the guy on the other portal. The HC range just isn't what it used to be.

Range is lower for sure, but one crit shot on supplicant with FB = dead supplicant.

I don't have an issue with FB range shooting from one portal to the other.

ocean

Banned
Oh man found this post in one of those Destiny bash threads on Gaming. So much goddamn potential - can you imagine if the game actually had something interesting every week like this idea?

Hopefully:

May:
Week 1: HoW
Week 2: Hard Mode Arena Raid
Week 3: Iron Banner 6v6
Week 4: Patch + Raid event

June:
Week 1: Trials of Osiris (3v3 tournament-style)
Week 2: Queen's Wrath returns (PvE event)
Week 3: Iron Banner FFA + 6v6
Week 4: Patch + Level 33 VoG Very Hard Mode

July:
Week 1: Trials of Osiris 2 (FFA tournament-style)
Week 2: Queen's Wrath 2
Week 3: Iron Banner 2v2 + 6v6
Week 4: Patch + Level 34 CE Very Hard Mode

August:
Week 1: Trials of Osiris 3 (2v2 tournament-style)
Week 2: Queen's Wrath 3
Week 3: Iron Banner FFA + 6v6
Week 4: Patch + Raid event

September: Comet

What's broken? Looks like a very lucky haul to get an Infusion helm, otherwise pretty standard stuff.

Unless they're radiant shards at this point, I think all mats should be removed from the loot table. It's really insulting to grind out awful NFs to only get rewarded with 11 or 12 shards. Bungie likely keeps it on the table because they lack a decent amount of functional exotics to drop.

E92 M3

I can't wait for you xboners to get the exclusive weapons :p I really think it was a bad move to make any weapons console exclusives in the first place, I hope this won't be a thing in the future. Same goes for exclusive strikes...

I feel like exclusive strikes are the worst because they will never be a NF or weekly. Unfortunately, I believe there will be a ton more exclusive items when Comet launches.

Hard mode rewards from three runs:

- Another Word of Crota;
- Unyielding Casque (with Infusion);
- Shards up the wazzo.

Fix this, Bungle.

Atheon is the worst when it comes to loot. Crota is actually very generous.

Yeah, VoC is the top Atheon primary for me. Much better for Oracles than FB, if necessary, and better range for long distance suppies like you said. FB is beastly during Conflux/Oracles though.

I got 12 consecutive BH crits yesterday, feels so good. Still haven't managed to get a full Time's Vengeance without missing at least one crit but I'm getting there. Atheon melts nowadays, I remember when that fight was a true headache :p

lol I loved the headache days. Took a real team effort to take him down, but admittedly it was very hard to find a qualified team back in the early HM VoG days, especially with so many 29s. And then the OG-Cheese hit... and Destiny was never the same haha

My new favorite activity is standing on the middle platform and BHam-crit'ing him non-stop while the inside team is doing Oracles. Does >3k per shot w/o T's V and it's hard to miss while he's standing still. A few times I've finished him off before the others get outside.

ocean

Banned
Unless they're radiant shards at this point, I think all mats should be removed from the loot table. It's really insulting to grind out awful NFs to only get rewarded with 11 or 12 shards. Bungie likely keeps it on the table because they lack a decent amount of functional exotics to drop.
I'm not upset when I get Legendary weapons. I usually shard them anyways but don't feel like ingot jack shit the way I do when they give me shards straight up.

Lnkn52

Oh man found this post in one of those Destiny bash threads on Gaming. So much goddamn potential - can you imagine if the game actually had something interesting every week like this idea?

Oh man, that's just wishful thinking. I hope they follow a similar timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom