• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been getting the same rewards for three weeks straight :(

Ah, I getcha. Yeah, sadly the "smart loot" can still be pretty dopey. It's much smarter relative to VoG but it's only lowered the odds of getting dumb loot, not prevented it entirely like a proper loot system would.

Unless they're radiant shards at this point, I think all mats should be removed from the loot table. It's really insulting to grind out awful NFs to only get rewarded with 11 or 12 shards. Bungie likely keeps it on the table because they lack a decent amount of functional exotics to drop.

Oh yeah, it's totally inexcusable that ass mats are not only still in the NF table, but an extremely high drop chance. Absurd at this point, considering all the available ass avenues (Dailies, Public Events and VoG are more than enough for new players).

Random perk rolls on legendary weapons are a criminally overlooked reservoir of potential loot variety. Sure, most of them suck but that's the point: at least you'd get a chance for something good-to-great and it would dismantle into ass anyway. Who wouldn't sacrifice the ~6 ass difference for a guaranteed perk roll?

CCJL8aUUEAADLp1.jpg:large

How could you do this to me, after I used my Hawkmoon attraction powers:

B9bIFqcIAAAe969.jpg:large
*hangs head*
i know, wish there was something we could do to help team-mates/friends out
that might have been my very first one, too....

i can commiserate with you though, with all these G'horn's dropping in the thread... ;_;

ocean

Banned
Don't get me started on that guy.
Ran 3x yesterday (Heroic):

1. Shards Ship Helm
2. Sparrow Shards
3. Vex Mythoclast Ship Helm

Can't really complain. I have everything from VoG except that crazy rare fusion rifle but killing Atheon is just so fun

Speaking of early HM VoG days, when I first beat HM Atheon the "Hard Raid" trophy percentage was 0.1% and actually less common than Flawless Raider which is kinda crazy.

This concludes another episode of "Old Man Boguester Repeats Himself."

that might have been my very first one, too....

lol it was, I remember your excitement... your friend was also pretty pumped for the Mida I believe.

E92 M3

Speaking of early HM VoG days, when I first beat HM Atheon the "Hard Raid" trophy percentage was 0.1% and actually less common than Flawless Raider which is kinda crazy.

lol it was, I remember your excitement... your friend was also pretty pumped for the Mida I believe.

Yeah, back in the good ol' days.

ocean

Banned

Until we discovered Atheon's fear of grenades :p

Yeah, VoC is the top Atheon primary for me. Much better for Oracles than FB, if necessary, and better range for long distance suppies like you said. FB is beastly during Conflux/Oracles though.
yeah, my loadout is always VoC, a void shotty, and SGA for VoG Atheon.

lol I loved the headache days. Took a real team effort to take him down, but admittedly it was very hard to find a qualified team back in the early HM VoG days, especially with so many 29s. And then the OG-Cheese hit... and Destiny was never the same haha

My new favorite activity is standing on the middle platform and BHam-crit'ing him non-stop while the inside team is doing Oracles. Does >3k per shot w/o T's V and it's hard to miss while he's standing still. A few times I've finished him off before the others get outside.
O.O
i have never even thought of doing that....
edit: imagine doing that with a titan/weapon's of light....

noomi

Atheon is the worst when it comes to loot. Crota is actually very generous.

Both Atheon and Crota have been kind to me. Atheon netted me my first Gallarhorn and Crota gave me my beloved Hawkmoon. I am in their debt forever now.

1. Shards Ship Helm
2. Sparrow Shards

Can't really complain. I have everything from VoG except that crazy rare fusion rifle but killing Atheon is just so fun

Did you guys end up finishing that hard Crota run yesterday? Sorry I had to run, the wife was on the way. That run was.... painful.... going to try and finish it up today if I have time.

yeah, my loadout is always VoC, a void shotty, and SGA for VoG.

O.O
i have never even thought of doing that....

But if you do that, what do you use for Atheon?

VoC, Black Hammer/Ice Breaker, Corrective Measure is the only correct Atheon loadout. You can sub in a GHorn for CM IF, and only IF you are comfortable doing Time's Vengeance from outside the warm embrace of the relic bubble.

TheOddOne

1. Shards Ship Helm
2. Sparrow Shards

I keep getting the helmet, twice, at every run.

Sign.

VoC, Black Hammer/Ice Breaker, Corrective Measure is the only correct Atheon loadout. You can sub in a GHorn for CM IF, and only IF you are comfortable doing Time's Vengeance from outside the warm embrace of the relic bubble.
i usually put myself on supplicant duty, so i don't lose ammo
edit: yesterday, with the team i ran with, we usually got Atheon in 2 teleports.

Simonnnnn

Both Atheon and Crota have been kind to me. Atheon netted me my first Gallarhorn and Crota gave me my beloved Hawkmoon. I am in their debt forever now.

Did you guys end up finishing that hard Crota run yesterday? Sorry I had to run, the wife was on the way. That run was.... painful.... going to try and finish it up today if I have time.

Atheon gave me The Last Word, I love that gun.

Crota Gjalahorn! Both has been nice but I haven't gotten much else out of them.. Still need CE Warlock Helmet.

Homeboyd

Yep I use the same. VoC, IB, CM.

Throw up WoL, empty 100 rounds of CM then switch to IB and dump 6 crit shots on him before you have to leave for the next teleport. You alone do 200k+ damage doing this.

mamoui

I strongly advise against any rocket launcher against atheon. It makes him dance too much. A full team of black hammer/ icebreacker with weapons of light will kill him in one rotation with 5-8 seconds to spare.
My loadout is voc, blackhammer and sga for the oracles.

I strongly advise against any rocket launcher against atheon. It makes him dance too much. A full team of black hammer/ icebreacker with weapons of light will kill him in one rotation with 5-8 seconds to spare.
My loadout is voc, blackhammer and sga for the oracles.

I totally agree about banning RL and grenades as well. I could get on-board with that loadout, but CM is just too good on the Venus Praetorian (and the Gatekeeper center back Praetorians) to recommend anything else as a substitute. I'll have to try my 331 SGA to see if the HoW attack bump helped it.

GhaleonEB

Genuinely curious why you wouldn't want Ice Breaker. It is a staple for me. All 3 characters have one maxed. Incredibly high utility weapon.

The recoil. I fire it and it kicks so high I can't even see what I was aiming at. I used it as a fallback on the 2nd nightfall - came in handy huddled behind boxes - but I really hated using it. I'll just bring some ammo synth next time. I get that its perks are great, but to me a gun must first and foremost be fun to use, and I hate recoil with a passion as a game mechanic (part of why I enjoyed Halo is it didn't layer that in; in Destiny I use only very high stability weapons). So basically I just hate using it. I realize most people think I'm insane, but I avoided nearly an entire genre of games (Halo aside) for a decade because of the specific mechanic that balances Ice Breaker.

I was a little drunk last night... but I recall that 2/6 members (or did we only have 5?) of the fireteam got a Horn from Crota last night. Shockingly (
not shockingly
), I was not part of the lucky third.

Did I mention my sweet NF rewards?
1) Time on Target
2) 9 Ascendant Shards
3) 8 Ascendant Shards

I'm fairly certain I have an enemy at Bungie that is doing this to me.

only one more month now though

I have altered the deal, pray I don't alter it further.

The recoil. I fire it and it kicks so high I can't even see what I was aiming at. I used it as a fallback on the 2nd nightfall - came in handy huddled behind boxes - but I really hated using it. I'll just bring some ammo synth next time. I get that its perks are great, but to me a gun must first and foremost be fun to use, and I hate recoil with a passion as a game mechanic (part of why I enjoyed Halo is it didn't layer that in; in Destiny I use only very high stability weapons). So basically I just hate using it. I realize most people think I'm insane, but I avoided nearly an entire genre of games (Halo aside) for a decade because of the specific mechanic that balances Ice Breaker.

The recoil is really not that big of a deal and is super predictable to boot. Linear Compensator helps with that.

rezn0r

I totally agree about banning RL and grenades as well. I could get on-board with that loadout, but CM is just too good on the Venus Praetorian (and the Gatekeeper center back Praetorians) to recommend anything else as a substitute. I'll have to try my 331 SGA to see if the HoW attack bump helped it.

I got called a few names by some little snot a few weeks ago for not wanting to use my horn on Atheon, a good machine gun & sniper just feels so much better.

stb

Ran the sword w/ my Hunter and you guys were quite patient as I tried my hand at blink striking.

[snip]

Maybe I should just give up on the blink strike?

Nah. If you run with us, feel free to do sword and practice blink strike. I don't think anyone will mind.

We just want to know we're gonna get through it, and in a relatively reasonable amount of time. We actually finished a little early this week.

And GRIP and Dave_6: regarding your inverse Thunderlord/HoC problems: the only solution is to keep running the raid agenda with us every week!

I was a little drunk last night... but I recall that 2/6 members (or did we only have 5?) of the fireteam got a Horn from Crota last night. Shockingly (
not shockingly

1) Time on Target
2) 9 Ascendant Shards
3) 8 Ascendant Shards

I think you just dreampt it all. I'm pretty sure it was a just crappy night for drops all around. Nilla may have gotten an exotic drop, but I think he sharded it.

RdN

Hey, I got a Red Death from the VoG Gorgon chest!

Incredibly enough, it's the first time I got an Exotic from the "exotic" chest.

IB recoil takes a bit of getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be pulling of consecutive headshots and crits in no time.

not shockingly

1) Time on Target
2) 9 Ascendant Shards
3) 8 Ascendant Shards

Still need than hm gorgon loot?

Lothars

I had a really good set of Nightfalls this week,

I got a second Obsidian Mind with a better stat roll
Hardlight which I sharded
The Armamentarium - Last exotic armor I needed now I just need the crux to have all the exotic weapons in the game.

the resistance on the DS4 triggers is so bad for shooters, especially since Bungie has coded "full trigger pulls" into the game as a perk. my last word gets knocked out of ADS constantly simply because i ease up on the ADS while i'm strafing.

i switched the scheme around so that ADS is on the bumper now and it doesn't happen at all. in fact, sniping is considerably easier now that i don't need to keep my fingers so low on the controller.

only problem is this is not a very natural position for jumping, which defeats the whole purpose of the jumping scheme.

ugh.

i'm not sure if i should try and get used to this or just change the way i hold the controller so that my middle finger is dedicated to ADSing.

LTWood12

I had a really good set of Nightfalls this week,

I got a second Obsidian Mind with a better stat roll
Hardlight which I sharded
The Armamentarium - Last exotic armor I needed now I just need the crux to have all the exotic weapons in the game.

Wow that's awesome. Hard Light seems to be dropping like crazy this week. Been playing since day 1 and never had it drop. Then got 2 on Tuesday.

Impala26

Does any XB1 players have the Hard Gorgon Checkpoint and would be willing to share later this evening?

I know Blue Ninja has it but I won't be able to hop on for like 8 or 9 hours... :-/

LordofPwn

Was back on after a week to do some raids with my clan. man what an infuriating experience. we usually do 1 full normal, and 2 additional deathsinger/crotas, then a full hard and 2 more crota kills in like 2.5 hours. took us 2.25 hours just to do a full hard and 1 additional deathsinger/crota because of how laggy everything was. IDK what it is and why it cant be fixed. playing 4-player borderlands and don't get any issues. its days like that, that make me want to not come back the next week...

Lothars

Wow that's awesome. Hard Light seems to be dropping like crazy this week. Been playing since day 1 and never had it drop. Then got 2 on Tuesday.
Nice, I've had great luck getting Hard Light for the last couple months. I keep one of course but I think I've had at least 3 others drop. It's a great looking gun but dissapointing since the autorifle nerf.

noomi

not shockingly

1) Time on Target
2) 9 Ascendant Shards
3) 8 Ascendant Shards

:(

Are all of your exotic chances up for the week, or do you have anything left to do still?

Hey, I got a Red Death from the VoG Gorgon chest!

Incredibly enough, it's the first time I got an Exotic from the "exotic" chest.

Congrats, Red Death is a great weapon for both PvE and PvP.

Shito

You do know you don't even need to fire with it for Ice Breaker to be useful, right?
Even if you hate using it, having one with you means not having to bother with special synth ever anymore.

OK, let's try this.

Never done a Crota raid before. #Forever31
Anyone up for a fresh run?
PS4, PSN: j0hnny_385
Hit me a message/party invite, fireteam is open.
We go in 30min or whenever we're full.

1. j0hnny_385
2. mickeyphree
3. TheWolv69erine
4. CaptainAshwood
5. SteeleGT
6. RetroMG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom