• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

I'm short 2 strange coins for a second item. What should I buy from Xur? I don't have any of these items.
It's a pretty "meh" week: neither of these items are really great / a must have.
They're pretty much only for collection purpose, so if you are still chasing after the real good exotics you should hold on to your coins. If you already have the useful ones and are only completing your collection, I'd say buy the Suros, as it doesn't seem to show up very often at Xur.

[EDIT]
Armamentarium is somewhat good, yeah.

Enjoy your Suros, Guardians. Still one of my favorite guns in the game.
The nerfs nerfed my interest in it.
I got one like a week before the last patch, and it's now half levelled up forever I fear...

The nerfs nerfed my interest in it.
I got one like a week before the last patch, and it's now half levelled up forever I fear...

It's still pretty good, fully upgraded it has excellent range/headshot capability for an AR. Sure, it's no hand cannon or auto rifle, but it's pretty damn good. I haven't used mine in a while because my Titan now keeps Gjallarhorn pretty much equipped at all times, but once I get a Hunger of Crota fully levelled I'll be able to switch around again.

On an unrelated note, I'm still kinda disappointed sharding a fully-levelled exotic armor piece doesn't give you back two shards. Just seems cruel. I had a complete Crest of Alpha Lupi, but got one with 170 strength from an engram. That's the goddamn max stat, no way in hell I can shard that. :lol

Gala

Got Heart of the praxis fire from a chest engram and the Titan chest. Guess my Titan is pretty much set when he hits level 20 with 3 exotic helmets, a chest and ruined wings :D

Ji66a-Man

I almost forgot to buy 2 exotic engrams from Xur before I bought the Armamentarium. They decrypted into a Hunter Crest of Alpha Lupi (worse stat roll = dismantled) and an Armamentarium (Discipline = 168) that was way better than the one Xur is currently selling.

I almost forgot to buy 2 exotic engrams from Xur before I bought the Armamentarium. They decrypted into a Hunter Crest of Alpha Lupi (worse stat roll = dismantled) and an Armamentarium (Discipline = 168) that was way better than the one Xur is currently selling.

That's a nice roll! I think mine's 157 now that it's fully levelled.

Some of the upgrades he has are better than the gear I currently own, but fuck if I'm gonna waste shards on those. Wake me when he has Ice Breaker again, my old one is getting rusty.

I'm kinda miffed they've provided a way to exchange Radiant Shards for Radiant Energy, but I'm stuck here with 131 Ass shards and no way to upgrade my legendary weapons.

GAF, I'm level 25 Hunter wearing a rare helmet. I have 15 coin and I can go for that ATS/8 Arachnid exotic helmet. It will be quite an upgrade for me, should I?

Manp

nothing for me from Xur this week. man it's bad knowing beforehand he won't sell the only exotic you're missing. damn PS exclusives :(

i'll have to hope RNG gives me that Monte Carlo... heh :|

GAF, I'm level 25 Hunter wearing a rare helmet. I have 15 coin and I can go for that ATS/8 Arachnid exotic helmet. It will be quite an upgrade for me, should I?

If you're a Gunslinger, maybe. Otherwise I'd just save up for a Legendary helmet or wait until you get something better. I got my hunter to level 30 wearing a rare helmet. :lol

If you're a Gunslinger, maybe. Otherwise I'd just save up for a Legendary helmet or wait until you get something better. I got my hunter to level 30 wearing a rare helmet. :lol

Yes, I am a gunslinger. That's the only exotic I can get right now. Also, is it better to get weapons or armor at Xur?

At this point, I don't have any legendary or exotic armor. Just couple of legendary primary weapons.

Ji66a-Man

After buying Suros and getting Armamentarium from an exotic engram, I have every exotic weapon and armor for PS and Xbox, but I've lost some motivation to keep playing this game. The only things I'm still playing for are Crota infusion helmets and stockpiling Motes for HoW exotic engrams.

nothing for me from Xur this week. man it's bad knowing beforehand he won't sell the only exotic you're missing. damn PS exclusives :(

Same. For weapons I just need Monte Carlo and 4th horseman and Invective. One day. One day.

After buying Suros and getting Armamentarium from an exotic engram, I have every exotic weapon and armor for PS and Xbox, but I've lost some motivation to keep playing this game. The only things I'm still playing for are Crota infusion helmets and stockpiling Motes for HoW exotic engrams.

Same. The game knows I'll stop playing if I get infusion helms, so none for me so far..

Same. For weapons I just need Monte Carlo and 4th horseman and Invective. One day. One day.

It is somewhat comforting to see that I'm not the only one who still misses a Monte Carlo to complete the exotic collection. That and Radiant Dance Machines :(

Honestly, Arachnid is the worst hunter exotic. I wouldn't even bother investing mats, glimmer and exotic shard into leveling it up.

My advice - gamble an exotic chest engram instead, and save your coins for the next week.

You should be able to acquire light 21 blues from ROC strikes, and purchase legendary armor from vanguard using marks. As soon as you get to 27, get into the Crota's End Raid and try your luck getting some 36 light armor.

seriously, who needs a shotgun? hell, who needs a scope?

hIu8exS.gif

noomi

Really wish he had auto rifle telemetry, seems like it's been a while.

How does the Suros hold up in PvP these days, I never even fired a single shot from mine and have had it since launch week :p

Anything but cool.
Sheep

Lol! <3

Still no gh xur? :(

Nope, and I wouldn't expect it anytime soon... if ever. Megaman said a while back that is was removed from Xur inventory completely. Bungie know the power of the yolohorn, and they will make it difficult for anyone to have it.

Deku Tree

I'm buying Armamentarium and then I'll have exotic Pokemon including three IB maxed and three
four
GHorn maxed.

ocean

Banned
This is a fantastic Xûr week. I have everything on sale but it's all good to top tier except for maybe the Hunter helm. Any relatively new players around:

SUROS Regime: it's the second most-nerfed weapon in the game (after the Vex Mythoclast). Once upon a time this thing had sniper range and absolute perfect stability and crazy impact. Now it has a little less of all of that, with a lower crit multiplier to boost but it's still worth owning. It feels great looks cool and might get fixed in the future (we all agree they've gone too far with ARs)

Armamenarium: grenade tits. Nuff said. Titans have a great grenade selection so this comes in very handy. Defender Magnetic grenades are a one-hit kill in PvP and absolutely wreck shielded Minotaurs / Psions in PvE. Lightning grenades are the bane of control points, killing in unimaginable ways. And of course, Flashbangs. Swordbearer? Blind him. Omnigul? Blind her. Death singer closet of hell with a billion melee Knights? Blind them all. And once they recover their sight PPP your second goddamn blind grenade because fuck them you have Armamentarium.

Starfire Protocol: fine it it's the HotPF but it's real good. Giving you an extra fusion grenade opens up that last column on the skill tree for a choice other than Gift of the Sun. It makes for interesting Sunsinger builds.

Arachnid: yeah skip unless you want to collect all the Exotics. Zoom for Golden Gun sounds cool until you try it. It's hard to land shots unless you're trying to like Golden Gun snipe or something. Stat roll being split with strength doesn't help either.

Deku Tree

Just a heads up, the stat roll for Armanentarium is extremely low(It caps out at 114, for example my version of it caps out at 156.)

No the stat roll caps at 122 Discipline

BTW when HoW drops in a month or so you might have to reXurBish it and take whatever stat roll Xur offers so your stat roll is kind of unimportant then...

Deku Tree

Ok there are 22 non-raid exotic weapons and 27 exotic armors.
So to reXurbish all of them will cost approx 7500 glimmer each and one exotic shard each.

That's a total of 49 exotic shards at seven strange coins each for 343 strange coins.
And 367,500 Glimmer.

Get your grind on Guardians!

Lima

30 Discipline more or less is such a non issue. It will not even be noticeable if your grenade cooldown is half a second faster due to it. Like seriously no, just no.

I aint been on Destiny in like two weeks...

Might come on today or tomorrow though. Is anyone kind enough to share the Gorgons CP for normal and hard?

I will probably get jack shit lol, but might as well roll the dice.

WipedOut

Hahah, I just can't see the appeal behind it. Always prefer real watches.

I do not get the hype behind owning a smart watch. I have a phone that does all that and more. I don't need to stay connected 24/7 - It's bad enough that I'm hooked on Destiny.

Looked up my PS3 Dark Souls 2 character to see how much I'd actually played: 263 hours, Lv 370 and beat the game 4x. So of course I bought the Scholar remastered edition, curious how the DLC areas will feel when they're not NG+++ difficulty.

But it also meant I ejected the Destiny disc for the first time since launch and I can't motivate myself to switch discs just to buy heavy synth...

SUROS Regime: it's the second most-needed weapon in the game (after the Vex Mythoclast).

I'm guessing you meant "most-nerfed" not needed? Not sure who needs Suros for non-Poke-purposes these days.

I do not get the hype behind owning a smart watch. I have a phone that does all that and more. I don't need to stay connected 24/7 - It's bad enough that I'm hooked on Destiny.

But now you don't need to reach all the way down to your pocket for smart technology. Just raise your wrist straight up, boom! Think of all the milliseconds you'll save.

They're running out of places to put computers. "Wearable technology" sounds like a bad Madlib, not a legitimate business venture.

Why do even have Destiny on disc lol?

Good question, really wish it was digital.

I'd originally planned to play the shitty story for 10 hours then hate on it with the rest of Gaming... but then I played VoG, haha. Also my wife got it for me as a present :)

I picked up the Suros Regime (even though it's a husk of its former greatness) and ran around doing patrol on Mars. Unleveled it's fun with the plink plink noise and the beautiful crosshairs. I can see why people loved it pre patch.

Maybe it'll get a buff (all auto rifles seem to need a slight buff after the extreme nerf they got in the last patch) and then I'll use it more than in a Crota battle (for health) or goofing around in Roc Strikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom