• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

Gjallarhorn nerf details
Donald15wmv.gif

Oh man, disappointing update, disappointing nightfalls, disappointing raid loot, all in all, a very disappointing week. There's always next week I guess :')

Don't worry, we still have Crota HM x3 and Atheon HM x3 to go somewhere in the weekend, you'll get your
sparrows/shards
there.

GhaleonEB

Running through Eris' quest line again with someone going through it for the first time reminds me how fun that was. I hope there are a few more like it in HoW.

Next week's update:
-Gjallarhorn nerf details
-HoW won't have a raid
-Crota raid fix means no more soloing
-Commendations mean nothing for HoW

DeeJ out.

Next week is going to be fun, I think.

Wait, how come nobody has posted the latest patch notes?

This week at Bungie, your favorite weapons were looked at by our design team.

I know what you're thinking: "What have they done to my Gjallarhorn?" If you're like me, you probably don't have one yet and are envious of those who have joined this exclusive club. We've listened and heard that the community has established a "Ghorn or Get Out" clique that may be ruining the experience of others. Although we encourage Guardians to flaunt their spoils of war in front of their jealous peers in the Tower, we don't ever want to create a single-minded style of play that excludes others.

To explain this philosophy more, we bring in Sandbox Design Lead Sage Merrill. Every weapon you use has been tickled by this man's endless beard at some point - yes, even No Land Beyond. His team has been analyzing the data behind the most commonly used and sought after weapons, as well as the player's behavior with them.

So Sage, can you tell us what your goal for some of these weapons were?

Sage: When we first began designing the Gjallarhorn, we wanted to create an exotic that truly felt exotic. When it comes to rocket launchers, how do you make one that's really powerful? It's already a rocket, so we looked at other traits that would separate it from the pack (no pun intended), and settled on Wolfpack rounds. They may not look like much at a glance, but I think the players quickly did the math and realized (all too late) what the fuss was about. This was something you could pull out and make enemies of your friends instantly. It was that good - but perhaps a little too much!

I know I've had a few dark thoughts towards some of my clanmates after our last nightfalls. How have you proceeded with addressing its rarity and ability?

Sage: We want the Gjallarhorn to be an incredible weapon, but not at the expense of the rest of the sandbox or those who have not earned one. To fall in line with these goals, we've decided to reduce the effectiveness of the Wolfpack rounds. Its DPS will now fall more in line with other Rocket Launchers, although it still edges them out in baseline stats.

Interesting decision, Sage. I feel an inevitable disturbance on the Internet, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror. Perhaps a million Gjallarhorns are also being dismantled at this time.

But that will ultimately be for the best, because we aren't looking at just one weapon with this latest patch. Guardians can expect to see the balance of power shift once again as we roll out the following changes next:

General
In preparation for the House of Wolves, Exotic Armor and Weapons will no longer reset upon being upgraded.

Xur will no longer sell weapon upgrades - these have instead moved to the Gunsmith
Upon selecting an item to upgrade, the player will be presented with a new Quest line. Completing these bounties will award the player with an Exotic Shard to upgrade their weapon's final tier.

Before we begin, we have a few more broad strokes to make:

Auto Rifles
· Reduced effective range by 100%

Now onto your favorite weapons:

Gjallarhorn
· Reduced the damage and tracking of wolfpack rounds by 50%
· Gjallarhorn no longer makes your friends jealous

No Land Beyond
· Reload Speed increased
· Bolt-action animation increased
· Precision Damage increased against non-player combatants in PvE
· Kills with this weapon will award the player an additional No Land Beyond

4th Horseman
· Now shoots actual horses
· Mounting a sparrow with this weapon equipped will increase its max speed by 50%

Hard Light
· Hard Light now does Arc damage

Necrochasm
· Now does Void, Arc and Solar Damage

Plan D
· Plan C wasn't working, so we moved on

Dragon's Breath
· Solar Grenades track targets
· Replaced sound effect with Templar and Atheon screams

Vex Mythoclast
· Damage increased by 2x against non-player combatants in PvE
· Added a meter to gauge enemy salt levels

The Last Word
· Fixed a glitch where increased precision damage would apply when weapon was not hip-fired
· Fixed a glitch where weapon would stop fanfiring when trigger was held
· This weapon can no longer be wielded by Twilight_Gap

But wait, there's more! We're not just looking at exotic weaponry this time. Wipe those tears and continue on to see what else lies ahead.

Stranger's Rifle
· This weapon can now be upgraded to a Legendary. Similar to the exotics, players will complete a quest for the Exo Stranger to obtain materials needed to upgrade the last node
· I don't have time to explain the rest

Khvostov 7G-02
· Damage increased by 25%
· This weapon can also be upgraded to a Legendary with a similar quest from the Gunsmith

Felwinter's Lie
· Lord Saladin made a grave mistake when he posted his wares last Iron Banner and now he's recalling some of them
· The Felwinter's Lie can no longer be equipped in the Crucible

Are you still with us, Guardian? Wipe those tears! Destiny is an ever-changing, ever evolving game, so we will continue to listen and nerf your favorite weapons over the coming months. I hear the Fate of all Fools is catching on during internal testing....

That's all for this week. Keep an eye out for Xur's inventory tomorrow!

DeeJ out

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=127564

GutZ31

This week at Bungie, your favorite weapons were looked at by our design team.

-SNIP-

No Land Beyond
· Reload Speed increased
· Bolt-action animation increased
· Precision Damage increased against non-player combatants in PvE
· Kills with this weapon will award the player an additional No Land Beyond

-SNIP-

ROFL_o_131622.gif

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

Khvostov 7G-02
· Damage increased by 25%
· This weapon can also be upgraded to a Legendary with a similar quest from the Gunsmith

DeeJ out
This is what I've always wanted *sniff*

FYI Xur will be bringing Thunderlord today as it dropped for me for the first time since launch in last nights nightfall. Just Hawkmoon to go (have seen 9 drop for other people grouped with me) and Bungie knows how to troll me so very hard.

Arachnid worth it if I already have Symbiote helmet?

Starfire worth it if I already have Heart of the Praxic Fire?

Gonna buy a couple of Chest Engrams anyway, need the shards. I might get lucky.

Neither are must haves, get them if you are building a collection.

I'll buy Starfire and some shards, then. Got Lucky Raspberry, Crest of Alpha Lupi and Heart of the Praxic Fire from Engrams. Didn't have the former, sharded the latter, and the middle comes with a ridiculous 170 strength so I'm keeping that and sharding my old one.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I'll buy Starfire and some shards, then. Got Lucky Raspberry, Crest of Alpha Lupi and Heart of the Praxic Fire from Engrams. Didn't have the former, sharded the latter, and the middle comes with a ridiculous 170 strength so I'm keeping that and sharding my old one.
You sharded HoPF? I hope you already have one.

noomi

I'm exhausted...

Woke up at 2:50am to preorder Apple watch and now I'm up at 5am for cut

What am I doing with my life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom