• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting methodology for the testing.

The stats are also interesting:
- average play time is 77 hours
- average hours per day is 3

Though I'm not sure how that math works; 77/3 is 25.something, and Destiny's been out way longer than 25 days. Maybe the 3 hours is average session length on days people DO play?

That's how I read it. 3 hours per session.

Daemul

I'm seriously thinking about deleting one of my 3 Titans and creating a Hunter specifically for PvP. There are just so many moments in matches where I wish I had a Golden Gun so that I could take out enemies from a distance and where I wish I had the ability to take out multiple enemies with one super on a regular basis due to being able to carry around a Golden Gun with me.

Xur has a Horn upgrade virtually every week. It's like that worm-faced bastard is mocking me.
It's not like that it is that, he comes to me in my dreams to mock me with talk of 'this Friday is the day.....'. It's almost the perfect troll only those who had played hard w/multiple chars the first two weeks had the money anyway when he did sell it. As a 1 char guy mid work crunch all I could do was shrug and go 'ah it'll back be again' <sobs>

dB Viper

I'm seriously thinking about deleting one of my 3 Titans and creating a Hunter specifically for PvP. There are just so many moments in matches where I wish I had a Golden Gun so that I could take out enemies from a distance and have the ability to take out multiple enemies with one super on a regular basis due to being able to carry around a Golden Gun with me.

I definitely would, especially with the new "smart" loot system that's in place with Crota's raid and for future ones.

I deleted one of my 2 warlocks to make a Titan and I'm glad I did. All three classes are 32.

Hunter is so fun in PvP. It's the only class I use. I'd go for it if you can stand the story grind to level 20.

Ryck

Anyone want to do HM Atheon x3 from Gorgons? Obviously get to Atheon and save the cp and go from there. I'll be on in about an hour.

1. Ryck007
2. Kartik21

Impala26

I definitely would, especially with the new "smart" loot system that's in place with Crota's raid and for future ones.

I deleted one of my 2 warlocks to make a Titan and I'm glad I did. All three classes are 32.

Hunter is so fun in PvP. It's the only class I use. I'd go for it if you can stand the story grind to level 20.

The what now?

Daemul

Nah fuck story mode, my Hunter will only be for PvP. If I ever feel the need to do Raids I'll just piggyback on a group where the leader has the Raid planet unlocked.

It's not like that it is that, he comes to me in my dreams to mock me with talk of 'this Friday is the day.....'. It's almost the perfect troll only those who had played hard w/multiple chars the first two weeks had the money anyway when he did sell it. As a 1 char guy mid work crunch all I could do was shrug and go 'ah it'll back be again' <sobs>

I was one of those players... "Use an exotic slot on a rocket launcher? Screw that, I don't need that weapon..."

It makes my current position as President and CEO of the #ForeverNoHornClub that much more frustrating.

Daemul

So I just realized the hunter and titan exotics are both named Crest of Alpha Lupi.

I had been confused for so long lol

Yeah, I have no idea why they were named exactly the same when the Warlock equivalent to them was named something different.

not much but i did play against the hulk earlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3ZZqM4OBvw

I'm in tears.

This shit happens too often. Bungie needs to just needs to pay for dedicated servers, because this is just too ridiculous.

Stocking up on Heavy Ammo still, a good chunk of the strange coins I get from the weekly goes to buying more heavy. There will be a drought of Heavy Ammo when Comet drops, trust me. Winter is coming.

stb

The what now?

The CE raid (and future raids, supposedly) keep track of how long it's been since you got a "fun drop" (Bungie's words). If you've only gotten shards/energy for too long (not defined), it gives you a higher chance of getting a non-material drop.

This was severely misconstrued by a lot of people (even in these OTs) to mean "it keeps track of every item to make sure you get all the raid items" and were annoyed they got the legs 3 weeks in a row instead of getting the chest. It's still trotted out on occasion in this context; all I can assume is willful ignorance, because it was never misrepresented by Bungie and has been explained in this thread relatively frequently. Pet peeve of mine.

The "smart loot" system definitely works. This can most clearly be observed by the total lack of a "#forever31" meme.

Some people that play a lot DO still need raid items (some folks seem cursed to never get HoC or BH, and a some people have a hard time getting the one bit of armor they need; e.g. they keep getting boots when they need the chest), but I've never seen anyone argue that they aren't getting more raid item drops than they got in VoG. They may just not be the drops you'd prefer. That's just not what the system is designed to do.

For once it's really working as intended, and is a clear improvement over VoG's stinginess.

I'm in tears.

This shit happens too often. Bungie needs to just needs to pay for dedicated servers, because this is just too ridiculous.

i thought the game was supposed to be on dedis? or is it just crucible that's p2p?

as for class, here's what i'm using currently:
PvZVaGh.jpg

J8EWeot.jpg
recovery's kinda pointless in 3v3s so i'm ignoring it at the moment.

Count me in for HM Crota x2 (x3 if I can get my titan up fast enough xD).

Xur is selling literally nothing I'm remotely interested in. Guess it's good, because I can finally stockpile some coins. But I'd love to kill Crota a few times for the exotic chances since Xur is such a letdown (really wanted The Last Word) . . .

Daemul

i thought the game was supposed to be on dedis? or is it just crucible that's p2p?

as for class, here's what i'm using currently:

recovery's kinda pointless in 3v3s so i'm ignoring it at the moment.

I read articles before release that Destiny was going to be running on a sort of hybrid system with a mix of p2p and dedicated servers, and PvP was going to be running mainly on dedicated servers, atleast from what I gathered, but the amount of bullshit that goes on in PvP suggests otherwise.

Here's the article

Here's another one

Also, thanks for the builds man, I'm looking forward to terrorising people in PvP.

Ryck

Anyone want to do HM Atheon x3 from Gorgons? Obviously get to Atheon and save the cp and go from there. I'm on now!

1. Ryck007
2. Kartik21
3. P.Hudson

If anyone feels like helping me grind through some story with my titan (probably not I know) while we ready for Crota, I'm on Venus.

If there's no one else online who has it, I'll log on to share it.

Oh nice, that titan will need a class item and ass mats.

Class items (you mean Plasteel Plating?) going slow, but I have Ruin Wings and the 3 other legendary armor pieces ready from RNG (plus got legendary mark from drop, too). So, according to calculations, I should jump straight from 20 to 28 . . .

Also, how many heavy ammo synths should I stockpile? I have 38 coins, and I should have 3 characters for NF next week, meaning evening if Xur is selling Helm of Saint 14, Apotheosis Veil, and The Last Word, I should be good. I was thinking starting with 15 (3 sets and trying not to drop below 5). I only really need them for killing Crota, right?

Daemul

Yeah, I think the whole smart loot thing is only for armour, otherwise the game wouldn't keep on giving me Black Hammer every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom