• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

Yeah, I just got Destiny digital since it's always online for PS3/4. I imagine it's great for those with slow internet.

I do wonder at what point we'll hit where the game is patched so much that the disc data is barely being used anymore.

Deku Tree

I bought DS2 PS4 on Amazon and then I cancelled it because I didn't think I needed another huge time sink game right now. Still got one more trophy for the BB Plat so I gotta get through that Defiled Chalice dungeon.
Half health sucks.
. That's the definition of artificial difficulty.

I plan to get DS2 eventually. But for now maybe I will just finish BB and then wait for HoW. I also plan to do another BB playthrough once I get the guide so that I can get all the little NPC things right too.

Glad I bought Destiny digital because it is perfect to not have to swap disks, and I keep playing it anyway, and I got the Digital guardian edition so I got the TDB and HoW and the PS3 versions too for $90. But I didn't get a dinklebot to sit on must TV stand...

Deku Tree

I got two Good Impact legendary ARs with great perks recently, one from aNF and another from an engram.
Too bad ARs suck now and if they ever get a buff it will be after HoW when the new ones have a higher total attack value?

Don't tease me bro.

:lol

XkBKwhI.jpg

TheOddOne

Well this week hasn't been a full bust for me, now.

Picked up Suros, Armamentarium and Starfire Protocol.

Edit: Unrelated, but Chatterwhite shader is amazing.

vlcsnap-2015-04-10-15x0qkm.png

vlcsnap-2015-04-10-15nqq96.png

(Not so much on the Titan though.)

Digital Guardian edition here. I love going all digital way more than I expected. Not having to swap discs feels empowering, not because I am lazy (I am), but because swapping from one game to the next feels so natural. I was also waaaaaaay late to the digital music party. Was still buying Music CDs up until last year like an old luddite.

It also helps that I never have to hunt a disc down if my 2 yr old raided the shelf or got it sticky with maple syrup and stuff.

TheOddOne

One of the best looking shaders for sure, looks great on the hunter. Some of the Dead Orbit shaders look great on the crota hunter raid set as well. I Tend to use the hanged man mostly.
Can't seem to find a good shader for the Titan Crota gear though. Looks ugly regardless :(

I've seen a lot of Xur armor have worse stats than an in the wild roll, wonder if that's intentional.

Hawkmoon from normal Crota. That's good, right? Into the vault for my Titan to bust out when he hits 20.
Congrats man, it's the Gjallarhorn of hand cannons even without leveling it up.

patchday

Bungie is lucky I bought it digital. If I owned a disc I probably would've sold it back when we had to farm those awful planetary materials. That was awful.

Yeah, I just got Destiny digital since it's always online for PS3/4. I imagine it's great for those with slow internet.

I do wonder at what point we'll hit where the game is patched so much that the disc data is barely being used anymore.

It is more or less out of date when you purchase it with the prevalence of day 1 patches. The disc is just a physical DRM device now as a "disc check" now that everything is stored by HDD. In reality, it is just an alternative download method to digital. A fast one at that.

My Networks professor in grad school always remarked to never underestimate the bandwidth of a truck carrying "tapes" (He was an old timer) barrelling down the highway.

FyreWulff

It is more or less out of date when you purchase it with the prevalence of day 1 patches. The disc is just a physical DRM device now as a "disc check" now that everything is stored by HDD. In reality, it is just an alternative download method to digital. A fast one at that.

My Networks professor in grad school always remarked to never underestimate the bandwidth of a truck carrying "tapes" (He was an old timer) barrelling down the highway.

Lol, yup. People tend to forget how much other methods have much better bandwidth than existing internet options.

Got a Suros from Crota NM last night and just had a feeling he would be selling it today. At least I felt good about my luck for a little while.

Lol, yup. People tend to forget how much other methods have much better bandwidth than existing internet options.
The internet is not a big truck.

I'm going to try for Maximum Grimoire™ before House of Wolves drops, here's what I have left:

Hunter PvE Kills 14503/20000
Hunter PvP Kills 2321/5000
Warlock PvE kills 14551/20000
Warlock PvP kills 2277/5000
Hydra Kills 177/250
Clash Wins 52/100
Rumble Wins 33/100
Salvage Wins 50/100
Patrol Assassinations 187/250

i've been playing since beta, and i had to buy my first Suros today... i think that strongly underscores that RNG is, in the words of Bungie, "working as intended."
smh
glad i can check it off my in my pokedex, at least....

logged in for the 1st time this morning in a long time. felt good. just ran some bounties. realized I still have to max my 3rd horn. going to run some weeklies tomorrow. feels good to be back.

77 hours average? Yikes I'm wondering how much people like us push that average up.

77 Average?

According to Destinystatus, I have 752 hours active, 1174 Total including Orbit and the Tower!

Yikes D:

And after I got my hunter to 31, I decided I wasn't a fan of the Female Exo, so I deleted her and power leveled my new Female Awoken from 0 to 20 (31) in 2 days.
My previous Exo time was wiped.

I have no life :/

patchday

i've been playing since beta, and i had to buy my first Suros today... i think that strongly underscores that RNG is, in the words of Bungie, "working as intended."
smh
glad i can check it off my in my pokedex, at least....

Actually I thought I read an interview (cant remember where) with Bungie and their intent was for Xur to bring the exotics. RNG was intended to be an extra sweetner

maybe this is why I have just bout everything because I personally dont care. All my suros drops were given too me by RNG. only gun I'm kinda of interested in acquiring is Thunderlord that I am missing. But I'm not gonna go on a search mission to find one

Daemul

Any HM Crota kills happening today? I would like to find a team.

Also any of DGAF getting The Witcher 3? Already sold BB and I plan to come back when it gets some DLC (probably in the fall).

Also any of DGAF getting The Witcher 3? Already sold BB and I plan to come back when it gets some DLC (probably in the fall).

I would be interested in that. I have a bunch of real life things to do, but if it's early enough I can squeeze it in. Just invite me when you have three or four.

E92 M3

I've had the collectors edition preordered as soon as it went live :p

patchday

I would be interested in that. I have a bunch of real life things to do, but if it's early enough I can squeeze it in. Just invite me when you have three or four.

Hopefully others will join in. I have to study for an exam, go to the gym, and cook and clean today so I hope we can find a team that knows how to just bang out Crota fast and easy

I've had the collectors edition preordered as soon as it went live :p

Lol nice. What comes with the collectors edition that the normal one does not have? Are you getting it on PS4/X1/PC?

E92 M3

Man that article is scary. Even though I rarely play the game these days I still think bout it. HoW would probably cause me to relapse hard back onto the hamster wheel. This Behaviour scientist guy probably perfecting his formula on it to ensure we'll never be able to stop playing. Kind of scary hardcore stuff right there

I would not have played this game for so long if the shooting mechanics weren't so good. In fact, I don't even like looking for loot. Must be an outlier, but I definitely nice to see Bungie put so much thought into psychological entrapment.

Hopefully others will join in. I have to study for an exam, go to the gym, and cook and clean today so I hope we can find a team that knows how to just bang out Crota fast and easy

Lol nice. What comes with the collectors edition that the normal one does not have? Are you getting it on PS4/X1/PC?

For the X1 and here: http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KSN7OGC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

stb

Interesting methodology for the testing.

The stats are also interesting:
- average play time is 77 hours
- average hours per day is 3

Though I'm not sure how that math works; 77/3 is 25.something, and Destiny's been out way longer than 25 days. Maybe the 3 hours is average session length on days people DO play?

Re: Xur: Meh week for me. Will buy Arachnid for my level 2 Hunter just to have it and because I've got coins to spare. Definitely heavy synth, and probably a few telemetries, too.

Ryck

Anyone want to do HM Atheon x3 from Gorgons? Obviously get to Atheon and save the cp and go from there. I'll be on in about two hours.

1. Ryck007
2. Kartik21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom