• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn, that seems sort of impossible based on my experiences in various groups (they spawn throughout the fight), but if this is the case and you want to get a bunch of glimmer in that strike now all you have to do is kill the boss slower- and definitely pop a polyphage, it makes a massive difference.

Gjallarhorn spam. Ruin Wings. Put blessing bubble near boss and jump spam shotguns to the face.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gjallarhorn spam. Ruin Wings. Put blessing bubble near boss and jump spam shotguns to the face.
You mean weapons of light right? I've never used shotguns on him.. sounds like fun. The Nexus boss murdered me easily with some kind of melee range blast when I tried so I never would've thought to do that.

Lnkn52

Just read this on reddit, very funny:

I figured out why the Stranger uses a pulse rifle!

She came from the future where patch 1.1.1 was already in effect

You mean weapons of light right? I've never used shotguns on him.. sounds like fun. The Nexus boss murdered me easily with some kind of melee range blast when I tried so I never would've thought to do that.

No, I use blessing because the boss has an AoE attack if you get close to him. Blessing keeps you alive up close.

Best case scenario you have 2 titans, one with blessing and other with weapons.

Same thing applies to Nexus. Blessing + shotgun to the face.

Atone13

Atone, if you're reading, bummer there's no helm but those 13 coins would be well-spent on Starfire Protocol. That and a pair of Vanguard boots (no comm needed), leveled up, and you'll hit 30 easily.

Thanks for looking out Hawkian, I'm pleased to inform you I did pick up that chest earlier today. Put me about halfway-ish through 27. I'm gonna spend some time, probably a little later today, farming up some coins for the boots. Also gonna finish off a couple of bounties and see if I can upgrade the gloves or chest a bit to get that light up from there as well.

Don't know if you missed my post from last night, but let me just thank you again for that run, it was a great group and I really enjoyed it a lot.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How a truly epic Bungie designed fight should be.
being sarcastic? Shotgunning bosses feels pretty damn good to me. Definitely my favorite way to take on the Archon Priest now...
Thanks for looking out Hawkian, I'm pleased to inform you I did pick up that chest earlier today. Put me about halfway-ish through 27. I'm gonna spend some time, probably a little later today, farming up some coins for the boots. Also gonna finish off a couple of bounties and see if I can upgrade the gloves or chest a bit to get that light up from there as well.

Don't know if you missed my post from last night, but let me just thank you again for that run, it was a great group and I really enjoyed it a lot.
Sweet, glad to hear it. and I totally did miss that post. Was a fun run for sure.

Hey when you need to get an exotic shard to finish leveling your new chest, you can just dismantle that Gjallarhorn you. It's not very good :D
No, I use blessing because the boss has an AoE attack if you get close to him. Blessing keeps you alive up close.

Best case scenario you have 2 titans, one with blessing and other with weapons.
Oooh, that's the attack the Nexus guy wrecked me with. Clever solution. I will try that next time I'm on the strike with my Titan for sure.

I'm thinking, maybe leave him alive at 10% health or so just to run around the room and farm glimmer a bit?

Mindlog

I want to say that blast only hurts you when you are on the ground.
I've had fun hopping up and down at point blank range with the shotgun. However, I generally avoid damaging the boss at all to be certain we get to major waves :]

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I want to say that blast only hurts you when you are on the ground.
I've had fun hopping up and down at point blank range with the shotgun. However, I generally avoid damaging the boss at all to be certain we get to major waves :]
I want to say the Nexus one at least killed me in the air. But truth be told I tried to roll up on him Shotgun style once, got humbled, and never tried again lol.

Funny... I always considered the boss by far the longest part of that strike (but didn't mind because of all the glimmer)

gotta love how we never even saw the stranger fight anything and then all of a sudden the gun she gives us is supposed to mean something.

bungie pls

Okay DGAF, which is the better track:

Eye of the Gate Lord
or
The Last Array
?

My vote's for Gate Lord, but I have a sneaking suspicion more prefer the latter

which one can you hum? the choice is obvious then

that's how good themes work IMO

edit: well on that note i was going to give it to gate lord, but the last quarter of that song is annoying. repetitive boss music gets on my nerves.

i don't like last array either

gotta love how we never even saw the stranger fight anything and then all of a sudden the gun she gives us is supposed to mean something.

bungie pls

Not sure if anyone noticed but the stranger's rifle has a bulb at the tip which glows in the dark every couple of seconds.

The rifle of the future comes with a flashlight.

MickeyPhree

Wait, why level 30? Just do it on the first heroic level (I believe it's 19). Higher level does not give you any extra glimmer or xp. You can clear that checkpoint in one minute, with roughly 600 glimmer each run.

See that's the noob in me. I thought I had to put it to level 30 to get the maximum glimmer. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

123rl

It's the best piece in crucible if you like playing a blade dancer.

Thanks. I don't play PvP so is it good for PvE too?

I'm working on having a tailored set of armour for each ability for my Titan and Warlock, so that I can switch between them easily. I've got enough Hunter gear now to make it worth creating a character so I'll keep it

Lima

Thanks. I don't play PvP so is it good for PvE too?

I'm working on having a tailored set of armour for each ability for my Titan and Warlock, so that I can switch between them easily. I've got enough Hunter gear now to make it worth creating a character so I'll keep it

Nah in PvE it is all about the helmets for the Hunter or in some specific cases the Don't touch me gauntlets.

Impala26

Last Array and Sepkis Prime are great, but my two favorites are:

Cabal Stomp
and
Dust Giants

The Cabal's theme is arguably the strongest "enemy faction" theme of the game. I definitely have a feeling it's one of the first themes (aside from the main Guardian theme) that Marty came up with.

I'm an Ishtar Sink kind of guy myself. Always reminds me of my first raid completion.

Love this too, however the latter part I can' unsee fighting Aksor in my head while listening to it, lol.

The Cabal's theme is arguably the strongest "enemy faction" theme of the game. I definitely have a feeling it's one of the first themes (aside from the main Guardian theme) that Marty came up with.

Love this too, however the latter part I can' unsee fighting Aksor in my head while listening to it, lol.

Yeah too bad he won't be there for Destiny 2 :(

Ishtar Sink also reminds me of Black Garden. Ugh.

GhaleonEB

There's some way or another to actually skip the wall that prevents you from running up the stairs right away, but after a variety of attempts I can't reproduce it to explain how. :( But, the stuff at that wall with a party chaining supers for orbs will die extremely fast.

I recently went all Bladedancer at that part, missed a blow, and sailed through the wall. I wandered around for a few seconds and then went back to help my fire team.

Anyone running, um, anything?

rNilla

Nope. Have never watched the credits or this video and won't start now.

Don't judge Cabal based on Vaalus strike is all I will say.

Can't wait for the Cabal raid.

Yes bring on the Cabal raid.

Also, I don't have an irrational hatred for Vaalus, I am just tired of hearing the Mars music. I've had enough. That goes for most of the music in the game. It's not that I don't like it, it's that there's nothing I can listen to for 1000 hours and still want to hear regularly.

mfn_pie

That is the exact shotgun I am working on getting so I can work on thorn...

Had this drop last night. Will be getting SUROS Regime when I log in tonight. Also had Prestige IV drop.

Hoping to get a decent sniper rifle by the end of the week. Might have to buy one from the Vanguard dude.

Also, I don't have an irrational hatred for Vaalus, I am just tired of hearing the Mars music. I've had enough. That goes for most of the music in the game. It's not that I don't like it, it's that there's nothing I can listen to for 1000 hours and still want to hear regularly.

I'm thinking 3x NM Atheon in about 2 hours. That and the HM Gorgons are the 6 shots I'm willing to give to the cause this week.

If you're around in a couple hours, lemme know.

Will also need 4 others if anyone else is interested. I have the NM gorgon CP to start from.

unless I am raiding, im listening to a podcast or something while playing, the sound is always down on destiny reagrdless.

also I think the games rumble has jarred my controller. I cant play with out it. I cant even tell if Im firing my gun unless the rumble is on.

I'm thinking 3x NM Atheon in about 2 hours. That and the HM Gorgons are the 6 shots I'm willing to give to the cause this week.

If you're around in a couple hours, lemme know.

Will also need 4 others if anyone else is interested. I have the NM gorgon CP to start from.

I would be down for this. PSN: thenal84

Also is anyone down to do any crota runs? I need one more run wth my warlock on Nm and then 3 x HM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom