• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickeyPhree

Weekly checklist:

Nightfall x 3 done
Weekly x 3 done
Crota NM x 3 done
Crota HM x 1 done (Titan 31 and Hunter 30 not attempting)
Xur done (Surous and Exotic Engram bought)

Nothing really left for me to do, aside from some bounties, until Tuesday reset. I'm getting towards the end.

Also, that Gjallerhorn tease from Xur has to feel mighty salty towards some of you all.

EDIT: What's the best spot for Glimmer farming? I've been using Mars Exlucsion Zone lvl 30 at first no revive point. Anyone know of a better spot?

Impala26

Weekly checklist:

Nightfall x 3 done
Weekly x 3 done
Crota NM x 3 done
Crota HM x 1 done (Titan 31 and Hunter 30 not attempting)
Xur done (Surous and Exotic Engram bought)

Nothing really left for me to do, aside from some bounties, until Tuesday reset. I'm getting towards the end.

Also, that Gjallerhorn tease from Xur has to feel mighty salty towards some of you all.

Have you done that final Eris quest (both characters)?

Question about my Hunter getting to 32:

I have enough shards now to get 1 piece of armor to 32 and enough exotic shards to get 1 exotic armor piece for each character to 32. Should I do my Mask of the 3rd Man or Don't Touch Me for Hunter? Don't Touch Me is so much more useful for PVE in every way except that it doesn't have Infusion (health from orbs), which is so crucial for the last part of Crota (and I'm sick of Red Death—rather use a hand cannon).

Could I just do Don't Touch Me and switch over to Mask of the 3rd Man every time I want to pick up orbs (at least until I max out both exotics and both the chest and raid arms)?

I have enough shards now to get 1 piece of armor to 32 and enough exotic shards to get 1 exotic armor piece for each character to 32. Should I do my Mask of the 3rd Man or Don't Touch Me for Hunter? Don't Touch Me is so much more useful for PVE in every way except that it doesn't have Infusion (health from orbs), which is so crucial for the last part of Crota (and I'm sick of Red Death—rather use a hand cannon).

Could I just do Don't Touch Me and switch over to Mask of the 3rd Man every time I want to pick up orbs (at least until I max out both exotics and both the chest and raid arms)?
I would do MotTM if getting to 32 is a priority and you are still doing HM Crota. CE Helms are a bit rarer than the other armor slots. (I was lucky enough to get an infusion helm on my first Crota kill w/ my hunter)

DTM are generally better for all other PVE content but not really a necessity unless you really like soloing the Abyss.

MotTM because raid helms are rare, and if you don't have enough radiant shards to level up an existing raid helm, then you'll be stuck on 31 longer with Don't Touch Me.

Nope.

Solo: Gatekeepers
Group: Gatekeepers

Warlock + Voidwalker + Universal Remote + Secondary Shotgun + Obsidian Mind is almost as fast as a full group :D
Right, but you still have to acquire the checkpoint every week, which can be a pain. Also, with Exclusion Zone, you can use any gear setup to level whatever you want, since you get a ton of XP from yellows.

Level 30+ with a Shotgun can do GK glimmer farm pretty good even SOLO after the buff.

Nope.

Solo: Gatekeepers
Group: Gatekeepers

Warlock + Voidwalker + Universal Remote + Secondary Shotgun + Obsidian Mind is almost as fast as a full group :D

I guess but higher chances of dying during solo GK. With rockets and supers you can clear Exclusion zone checkpoint really quick.

Personally, if I need a little bit of glimmer I'll do Exclusion zone solo. If I need a lot, I'll find a group for GK's.

Right, but you still have to acquire the checkpoint every week, which can be a pain. Also, with Exclusion Zone, you can use any gear setup to level whatever you want, since you get a ton of XP from yellows.

Correct. Also, bounties. :)

Talking about Glimmer, you know what sucks about the Undying Mind strike? There's a section where a bunch of Yellow Goblins/Minotaurs spawn, by the big Cyclops on the stairs, and they don't drop ANY glitter. Even with the glimmer item, they drop nothing. And it's fucking bullshit. Jesus Christ what a waste of a strike.

EDIT: What's the best spot for Glimmer farming? I've been using Mars Exlucsion Zone lvl 30 at first no revive point. Anyone know of a better spot?

Wait, why level 30? Just do it on the first heroic level (I believe it's 19). Higher level does not give you any extra glimmer or xp. You can clear that checkpoint in one minute, with roughly 600 glimmer each run.

ocean

Banned
Don't know if this has been posted here but a guy on Reddit ran 500 Roc Strikes and kept tabs on the results. This is interesting as the numbers roughly match a probability distribution which kind of makes sense. In short Roc Strikes tend to drop a ship 1/25 times, Legendary Engrams 1/10 times and Exotic Weapons 1/100 times.

500 Roc Strikes Rewards

Legendary Ships: 20 (4% or 1 In 25 Strikes)
Rare Engrams: 1011 (202.2% or 2 every Strike)
Legendary Engrams: 44 (8.8% or 1 In 11.36 Strikes)
Exotic Weapons: 5 (1% or 1 In 100 Strikes)
Secondary Items From 250 Roc Strikes

Shaders: 24 (9.6% or 1 In 10.42 Strikes)
Class Items: 24 (9.6% or 1 In 10.42 Strikes)
Motes of Light: 95 (38% or 1 In 2.63 Strikes)
Strange Coins: 42 (16.8% or 1 In 5.95 Strikes)
Strike Rotations from 250 Roc Strikes

The Devils' Lair: 30 (12%)
The Summoning Pits: 36 (14.4%)
Winter's Run: 41 (16.4%)
The Nexus: 43 (17.2%)
Cerberus Vae III: 33 (13.2%)
The Dust Palace: 22 (8.8%)
The Will of Crota: 20 (8%)
The Undying Mind: 25 (10%)

Talking about Glimmer, you know what sucks about the Undying Mind strike? There's a section where a bunch of Yellow Goblins/Minotaurs spawn, by the big Cyclops on the stairs, and they don't drop ANY glitter. Even with the glimmer item, they drop nothing. And it's fucking bullshit. Jesus Christ what a waste of a strike.

Yeah Bungie purposely disabled glimmer drops from that strike to prevent quick farming.

No wonder no one plays it.

I guess but higher chances of dying during solo GK. With rockets and supers you can clear Exclusion zone checkpoint really quick.

Personally, if I need a little bit of glimmer I'll do Exclusion zone solo. If I need a lot, I'll find a group for GK's.
I enjoy doing GK solo. Once you establish a pattern it becomes second nature. Only wildcard is when the GK decides to be a dick and warp on top of you.

Now that I have all exotics and all of them are TDB quality, I have no need for glimmer at all for anything ever.
I spent the last couple weeks upgrading a lot of my exotic weapons. That eats through a lot of glimmer. Before I was buying vg helms to dismantle.

I don't remember the last time I upgrading something through Xur. It's better to just rebuy (armor) or just wait for it to drop again.

Mainly right now I've just been concentrating on preparing for HoW by almost leveling up factions/cryptarch on all my characters and banking PE packages. Not much else to do
besides suck it up and do the crucible shit for the platinum

Is anyone doing HM crota on PS4?

There's a bunch of us who want to. Let's start the list:

1. WheelHoss1
2. MrAnderson
3. Blaze?
4. Daryl?

MotTM because raid helms are rare, and if you don't have enough radiant shards to level up an existing raid helm, then you'll be stuck on 31 longer with Don't Touch Me.

I've had the helm drop twice, but neither time with Infusion (didn't know that was possible). You guys bring me good luck.

Don't know if this has been posted here but a guy on Reddit ran 500 Roc Strikes and kept tabs on the results. This is interesting as the numbers roughly match a probability distribution which kind of makes sense. In short Roc Strikes tend to drop a ship 1/25 times, Legendary Engrams 1/10 times and Exotic Weapons 1/100 times.

I do Roc strikes for fun and NF for exotics.

Tried again to get the Weekly Heroic Strike done...and yet again can't get a full team of 3 because people just want to quit

Getting fed up with this

123rl

Hunters: is Lucky Raspberry a good piece of kit? I don't have a Hunter but I was thinking about creating one. I just bought a mn Exotic Engram and it rolled a Lucky Raspberry with a really high Discipline score. Any good? Worth keeping?

Lima

Hunters: is Lucky Raspberry a good piece of kit? I don't have a Hunter but I was thinking about creating one. I just bought a mn Exotic Engram and it rolled a Lucky Raspberry with a really high Discipline score. Any good? Worth keeping?

It's the best piece in crucible if you like playing a blade dancer.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Atone, if you're reading, bummer there's no helm but those 13 coins would be well-spent on Starfire Protocol. That and a pair of Vanguard boots (no comm needed), leveled up, and you'll hit 30 easily.
Yeah Bungie purposely disabled glimmer drops from that strike to prevent quick farming.

No wonder no one plays it.
This is wrong :/ Or if they meant to do that, they failed because it's incredibly good for glimmer.

While Breezy is right in that the middle section Descendant/Precursor enemies (around the Divisive Oculator) don't drop glimmer, they can and should be skipped as soon as the wall is down. This is also the longest section of the strike if NOT skipped, which causes people to perceive the strike in total as much longer than it is.

Everything in the first initial fight, and everything during the boss fight (which includes TONS of easily killed majors) does give glimmer. Pop a blue polyphage as soon as you land, then when you notice things giving you only +25 glimmer again (likely a minute or two into the boss fight). It is the best strike of any of them in the game for glimmer.

The "problem" with that strike is that if the group isn't communicating or doesn't know what to do it will take triple the time it otherwise should.

Mindlog

Should have known Hawk would be faster than me.
RTU07xC.gif

Agreed!
You can make so much glimmer during the final encounter.
I wouldn't be surprised that if we could farm glimmer in the middle stretch the Strike would clear 5-10K glimmer per run.

Are you on PS4? Level 30? How many times are you looking to run?

just level 27...finally got a group of 3 to eat least halfway through a strike and all they wanted to do was run away as far as they could without trying to help or just Rambo into a group of enemies with no chance of beating them like that so I officially give up on getting this done

This is wrong :/ Or if they meant to do that, they failed because it's incredibly good for glimmer.

While Breezy is right in that the middle section Descendant/Precursor enemies (around the Divisive Oculator) don't drop glimmer, they can and should be skipped as soon as the wall is down. This is also the longest section of the strike if NOT skipped, which causes people to perceive the strike in total as much longer than it is.

Everything in the first initial fight, and everything during the boss fight (which includes TONS of easily killed majors) does give glimmer. Pop a blue polyphage as soon as you land, then when you notice things giving you only +25 glimmer again (likely a minute or two into the boss fight). It is the best strike of any of them in the game for glimmer.

The "problem" with that strike is that if the group isn't communicating or doesn't know what to do it will take triple the time it otherwise should.

Huh? I have done Undying Mind a couple of times in ROC playlist and haven't seen a single piece of glimmer.

Majors should drop 25 glimmer without blue poly. If I don't see them dropping glimmer why would I pop blue poly?

Edit: I actually kill the boss before the majors at the end spawn, so maybe that's why I don't see any glimmer :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You can make so much glimmer during the final encounter though.
I wouldn't be surprised that if we could farm glimmer there the Strike would clear 5-10K glimmer per run.
I guess technically there's no reason you couldn't "farm" the boss battle by just not killing the boss. I don't think the waves are tied to damage, just a timer. though I've never had reason to test it. A straightfoward run with a blue polyphage active definitely gets you thousands of glimmer without going out of your way.
Huh? I have done Undying Mind a couple of times in ROC playlist and haven't seen a single piece of glimmer.

Majors should drop 25 glimmer without blue poly. If I don't see them dropping glimmer why would I pop blue poly?
I don't know what to tell you other than that you should try again... pay specific attention to the parts I'm talking about and see if maybe you just hadn't noticed? Every single major during the first encounter (a huge battle of three waves) and during the boss fight (waves of like 6-8 majors at a time) will in fact drop +25 glimmer without a blue polyphage. Even without a blue polyphage you will make hundreds of glimmer from these.. so saying that you haven't seen a single piece of glimmer is very misleading. Still, you should pop one because you'll of course get more glimmer from them and also get glimmer from the many normal enemies. The only enemies that don't drop glimmer are those in the middle section, the staircase with the Divisive Oculator at the top. A majority of this entire section can be skipped.

Lnkn52

Atone, if you're reading, bummer there's no helm but those 13 coins would be well-spent on Starfire Protocol. That and a pair of Vanguard boots (no comm needed), leveled up, and you'll hit 30 easily.

You can skip the middle part of the strike or am I reading it wrong?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Edit: I actually kill the boss before the majors at the end spawn, so maybe that's why I don't see any glimmer :(
damn, that seems sort of impossible based on my experiences in various groups (they spawn throughout the fight), but if this is the case and you want to get a bunch of glimmer in that strike now all you have to do is kill the boss slower- and definitely pop a polyphage, it makes a massive difference.
You can skip the middle part of the strike or am I reading it wrong?
You're not; you can skip most of the enemies anyway. As soon as the divisive oculator is killed (can snipe him from very far away), high tail it immediately all the way to the boss.

There's some way or another to actually skip the wall that prevents you from running up the stairs right away, but after a variety of attempts I can't reproduce it to explain how. :( But, the stuff at that wall with a party chaining supers for orbs will die extremely fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom