• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking 3x NM Atheon in about 2 hours. That and the HM Gorgons are the 6 shots I'm willing to give to the cause this week.

If you're around in a couple hours, lemme know.

Will also need 4 others if anyone else is interested. I have the NM gorgon CP to start from.

I can hop in if you don't have a full team. You can quickly get 3x hm Atheon done as well.

Nope. Have never watched the credits or this video and won't start now.

Yes bring on the Cabal raid.

Also, I don't have an irrational hatred for Vaalus, I am just tired of hearing the Mars music. I've had enough. That goes for most of the music in the game. It's not that I don't like it, it's that there's nothing I can listen to for 1000 hours and still want to hear regularly.

That credits song is terrible.

I love the Mars music, only because the music fits the enemy. None of the other enemy factions have music that fits as well as the Cabal.

I'm picturing a giant phalanx with angry modifier

flanked by dozens of yellow bar colossus

Colossi.

The boss will be a Psion.

Psion in a tank.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I recently went all Bladedancer at that part, missed a blow, and sailed through the wall. I wandered around for a few seconds and then went back to help my fire team.

Anyone running, um, anything?
off work early, i'm down to run something. What are you in the market for?

Kalamari

I'm thinking 3x NM Atheon in about 2 hours. That and the HM Gorgons are the 6 shots I'm willing to give to the cause this week.

Will also need 4 others if anyone else is interested. I have the NM gorgon CP to start from.

I'd be up for this as well.

Gordon

*sigh* I should have called it. Every time I get a decent exotic drop I've been missing Xur promptly sells it. Not that everybody having one devalues it or anything, but always kinda takes the shine off the drop when my shiny Crota-smacking trophy is suddenly just a run-of-the-mill piece of gear.

(I know he sold the shit out of Suros back in the day, but I only had one character back then and didn't time out my coin expenditures very well. Too focused on armor. Truth is the only non-raid exotic I still need lol)

Seriously though - Ice Breaker, then Red Death, and now Suros. If he had Gjallarhorn instead of DB last week it would have been 4 weeks in a row lol
(but he'll never sell Gjally again - that was just for Bungie personnel and hardcores that managed to get a month off work lol)
Been a decent month at least.

*sigh* I should have called it. Every time I get a decent exotic drop I've been missing Xur promptly sells it. Not that everybody having one devalues it or anything, but always kinda takes the shine off the drop when my shiny Crota-smacking trophy is suddenly just a run-of-the-mill piece of gear.

(I know he sold the shit out of Suros back in the day, but I only had one character back then and didn't time out my coin expenditures very well. Too focused on armor. Truth is the only non-raid exotic I still need lol)

Seriously though - Ice Breaker, then Red Death, and now Suros. If he had Gjallarhorn instead of DB last week it would have been 4 weeks in a row lol
(but he'll never sell Gjally again - that was just for Bungie personnel and hardcores that managed to get a month off work lol)

Love the avatar.

Ok. Sounds good.

Sounds good mass appeal. Your ID is shockingly close to "theanal" which makes me giggle.

Haha! I have had GAF folk tell me that before. It's part of my first name which is kunal. My friends always referred to me as "the nal" so i made this back on the PS3.

But yah... I wish Sony would let us change our PSN ids... :(

blackjaw

I'm down if you need someone, only have one warlock but I'll play all 3 times if needed.

I also have the gorgon HM cp

Just let me know: blackjaw

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Question about my Hunter getting to 32:

I have enough shards now to get 1 piece of armor to 32 and enough exotic shards to get 1 exotic armor piece for each character to 32. Should I do my Mask of the 3rd Man or Don't Touch Me for Hunter? Don't Touch Me is so much more useful for PVE in every way except that it doesn't have Infusion (health from orbs), which is so crucial for the last part of Crota (and I'm sick of Red Death—rather use a hand cannon).

Could I just do Don't Touch Me and switch over to Mask of the 3rd Man every time I want to pick up orbs (at least until I max out both exotics and both the chest and raid arms)?
missed this, don't know if anyone answered, but yes, I did this for months.

I swear I have to get paired with the absolute worst possible people on this Weekly Heroic Strike. It's just the Level 24 Cerberus Vae III one but the whole time the others just want to go and do their own thing instead of actually staying together and grouping up. Also they seem to think a viable strategy for taking out the tank is to either run up on it and stand there or just stand out in the wide open and not move once it shoots a missile. Hell the area wasn't even cleared out completely before the tank showed up and they just ran off to do that while leaving me to clear out the rest of the people and not help at all. I've never had any problems with getting stuff done before with randoms but after trying again and again to get this strike done I still haven't managed to do it and I'm getting seriously pissed.

rant off

Twice I've gotten over the bridge solo. Twice I've gotten one Ogre down and another nearly dead. Twice I've fallen to my death right after I fire the final rocket at that bastard.

I seriously don't know how it happens. It's pissing me off. :lol

EDIT: And made it. Go me.

Thanks to all the responses above. I should be home in an hour to kick the evening off. I'll make another role call at that time and we will see what's up.

I'm sorta celebrating so hard mode may or may not be in effect by the time I get home. Sorry that I'm not sorry.

Thanks to all the responses above. I should be home in an hour to kick the evening off. I'll make another role call at that time and we will see what's up.

I'm sorta celebrating so hard mode may or may not be in effect by the time I get home. Sorry that I'm not sorry.

So, Narmer-mode will be working as intended.
hope you get lucky!!!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Got my S6 edge, have to get up to date with stuff on it. But in between that.

I can do...

One Normal DS/Crota kill
3 Hard Crota kills
3x VOG hard

ethomaz

Banned
Xur is selling the last piece of gear I need.

Amazing... gears collection done.

Only 4th Horseman to have everything now.

Celebrating before getting the horn? Tsk tsk

Anastasis

Jump in guys public fireteam and the Deathsinger drop is about to drop!

It's on normal

Thanks for this! So painless and I actually got to contribute!

Quick question for everyone: with HoW so close, is there any reason to really push for 32 or should I just take it easy at 31 and see what the next DLC brings?

Poker: "I've only got ten minutes, this has to be perfect."

We proceed to kill Crota in two swords without wiping.

d7DuoWB.gif

Got another Swordbreaker. Guess I can kit out all three characters with one now.

ocean

Banned

Actually I think even with one character most of us who were playing at launch had the coins for the Horn on week 2. Not having coins wasn't the reason most of us passed on it. It was either:
1. Exotic Heavy is a waste, I'll wait for a Primary or
2. I'd rather buy gear first, Light level is more important. This was me ;( I got Inmost Light that week and then spent 6 months (literally) waiting for a Horn to drop.

Gordon

Actually I think even with one character most of us who were playing at launch had the coins for the Horn on week 2. Not having coins wasn't the reason most of us passed on it. It was either:
1. Exotic Heavy is a waste, I'll wait for a Primary or
2. I'd rather buy gear first, Light level is more important. This was me ;( I got Inmost Light that week and then spent 6 months (literally) waiting for a Horn to drop.
Well I was swamped with work and getting ready for a trip so I hit the ~20 wall and got stuck there. I couldn't cobble enough coins together with rng and low level weeklies when I could manage them. I would have bought Gjallarhorn just from the prerelease hype if I had the coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom