• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd360

B0CPr3h.jpg

This is really starting to piss me off. Suddenly everyone and their mothers are guardian lords.

Shito

Hey, I'm also guardian lor-- nah, just kidding.

Completed my third ever Crota kill earlier this day. Our team went from taking 8 hours to complete the raid, to 3 hours to kill Crota, to complete the whole thing in an hour. Also, I'm on an awesome loot streak: got Song of Ir Yut on my first kill, Black Hammer on my second, and Swordbreaker today. Can't complain.
A girl in our group got jack shit from Crota, though, not even a shard or an energy... Smart loot, heh?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
One thing I hate is fucktards having an elitist attitude. I don't care who you are. It has no place in any community. You are no better than anybody and if you think you are you have issues with yourself not the people who are enjoying any games as they want to.

Deku Tree

CE raid is a joke, but flawless is flawless.

No way... Flawless CE is quick and easy compared to Flawless VoG.

Bungie seriously dropped the ball by not having any TDB trophies.

The Destiny Flawless raider trophy should have been a Flawless VoG trophy,
and TDB should have had it's own set of Trophies including a separate Flawless CE trophy.

That's what I think. Datto even said that he skipped Flawless VoG because too hard.

That said I respect all Flawless raiders.

ocean

Banned
Cmon guys this sort of elitism is unbecoming of a nice community like ours.

If it upsets your feelings that you're less special, please feel free to remove me from the list since I did flawless CE :) I'll gladly give up some e-penis for your sake.

Deku Tree

wait theres a trophy for crucible marks?

That was the worst trophy for me. I only got it one week ever during an Iron Banner event.

And I had to stay up for an extra hour because it was a Monday before reset, and I won like five matches in a row where the game was glitching out and not giving me any rep or marks...

if any of us were special, they wouldn't have sent a million of us into the black garden to destroy its heart when it should only take one of us to do it. how can the stranger think we're all interesting?

if everyone's a legend, nobody is.

Yeah you have to earn 100 marks in a week. As someone who hates the pvp, it was such a chore.

That was the worst trophy for me. I only got it one week ever during an Iron Banner event.

And I had to stay up for an extra hour because it was a Monday before reset, and I won like five matches in a row where the game was glitching out and not giving me any rep or marks...

Sheesh that sucks. And I feel your pain, Deku, had a bounty glitch out for me and not give me credit for a strike boss kill. Shits wack.

Deku Tree

I feel bad for players like Cosmos and Cyborg who did flawless but didn't do the rest of the grind for the Platinum and don't get to have their GAF names in the OP.

todd360

One thing I hate is fucktards having an elitist attitude. I don't care who you are. It has no place in any community. You are no better than anybody and if you think you are you have issues with yourself not the people who are enjoying any games as they want to.

Wait are all the negative posts being directed at me? I don't care that there are a good number of guardian lords now. Im just pissed off that I have had to get on my computer 3 times today and mess around with Photoshop and messaging people to update the list.

Ill delete the list if people want. I dont care.

Wait are all the negative posts being directed at me? I don't care that there are a good number of guardian lords now. Im just pissed off that I have had to get on my computer 3 times today and mess around with Photoshop and messaging people to update the list.

i thought you only updated it once a week

Just create a bot that will update the list whenever someone gets the trophy.

The list is just a jpeg though. Plus how would a bot verify proof?

You'll have to create a bot with a link, where anyone who wants to be on the list will post their psn/xbox id. The bot will check against psn/ms servers and if the trophy is valid, it will add the players' id to the list and refresh it.

Deku Tree

The list is just a jpeg though. Plus how would a bot verify proof?

The list used to be just a list. Now you have a JPEG with an warlock icon in it because I think Kor started doing it. You could go back to it just being a list if constantly updating the JPEG is too much work for you.

todd360

The list used to be just a list. Now you have a JPEG with an warlock icon in it because I think Kor started doing it. You could go back to it just being a list if constantly updating the JPEG is too much work for you.

Its not really that much work. It just pisses me off that I have to mess with it so much since this trohpy is supposed to be really hard to get and yet it seems like neogaf just gets it with ease. It will be kors problem again soon enough so it doesn't really matter.

mfn_pie

Glad you got it. I'm enjoying using it a lot, its a great weapon

For the short amount of time I was able to use it this morning I like it. Range is a bit disappointing for an auto with such a lot fire rate. I'll see how it is once it's upgraded.

I may not make sword school tonight, have some family in from out of town. I think I have the checkpoint for Crota or the one before, would love to be able to finish it sometime tonight.

Edit: low fire rate.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
No Todd it isn't directly at you fully but that whole elitist attitude in general. I've been around for a long time in various communities and it's something that needs to end. Communities are dictated by how well people are able to help each other, etc. Newbies and non regulars should garner the same respect as people you play with consistently. You volunteer to do something and whining about it says a lot. Just be glad you aren't part of the FGC, there's a reason why people get the impression it is ruthless and vile.

todd360

No Todd it isn't directly at you fully but that whole elitist attitude in general. I've been around for a long time in various communities and it's something that needs to end. Communities are dictated by how well people are able to help each other, etc. Newbies and non regulars should garner the same respect as people you play with consistently. You volunteer to do something and whining about it says a lot. Just be glad you aren't part of the FGC, there's a reason why people get the impression it is ruthless and vile.

I like to whine :(

Maybe we should all discuss the list though. It is kinda elitist. I have no problem getting rid of it if everyone is of the same mind. It would need a vote though. I'd feel bad for the people who really worked hard to be on it to just have that thrown away.

I like to whine :(

Maybe we should all discuss the list though. It is kinda elitist. I have no problem getting rid of it if everyone is of the same mind. It would need a vote though. I'd feel bad for the people who really worked hard to be on it to just have that thrown away.

I mean... it kinda cuts out Xbox users, no? I don't think the 1000/1000 thing gives you any recognition on Xbox. Had no idea what Guardian Lord was until I saw people posting screens of getting the "platinum" or whatever on PS.

No need to get rid of it though. I think it's cool, personally. A number one. Cream of the crop. Top of the list. King of the hill.

Deku Tree

Yeah even having a "guardian lord" list is extremely elitist just as a thing.
Although I did work hard to be a flawless VoG raider.

Edit:

I mean... it kinda cuts out Xbox users, no? I don't think the 1000/1000 thing gives you any recognition on Xbox. Had no idea what Guardian Lord was until I saw people posting screens of getting the "platinum" or whatever on PS.

No need to get rid of it though. I think it's cool, personally. A number one. Cream of the crop. Top of the list. King of the hill.

Plenty of Xbox players on the list too.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I personally think the list makes no difference but having it is basically icing. From my personal experience on the site and making threads most people don't even read OPs yet alone care what goes on in it. And it's even worse that the thread is in the community section where even less people care to be.

Saw a friend get Mida from a Roc strike. That's the first exotic I've seen drop in a Roc (got No Land Beyond from Crucible and saw a few other exotics there). Hope I'm next.

Feorax

Random thought.

Anyone else think that maybe the raids we do aren't cannon (if you can consider this shitfuck of a story to actually have such a thing)?

It seems possible to me that Crota was actually stopped during the wakening mission, and the vex were taken down by the destruction of the black garden's heart. The raids that we do are in fact nothing but a "what-might-have-been" had actual competent guardians undertaken them rather than the likes of Eris and Kabr.

ocean

Banned
Random thought.

Anyone else think that maybe the raids we do aren't cannon (if you can consider this shitfuck of a story to actually have such a thing)?

It seems possible to me that Crota was actually stopped during the wakening mission, and the vex were taken down by the destruction of the black garden's heart. The raids that we do are in fact nothing but a "what-might-have-been" had actual competent guardians undertaken them rather than the likes of Eris and Kabr.
Kabr was a badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom