• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a new player, I have to say that my experience completely contradicts this. The players that I have had the privilege of playing with have been nothing but helpful and welcoming without the elitism that is the hot topic lately in this thread. Perhaps I am new enough that I haven't had the opportunity to experience this; we do choose who we play with.

i haven't personally experienced much pve elitism either because DGAF isn't like that. but put it this way - enough of it exists to make it back home, and it only spreads as communities age.

then again, out of the millions of players playing destiny, it's probably a small percentage. it's just unfortunate that the small percentage are the ones i regularly interact with.

So uh, Valus just showed a new trick to the GF. He um disappeared right before her. Like he literally disappeared. He was at roughly 40% when it happened. The ads are still in combat with her but Valus is nowhere in sight. We could hear him using his rockets and machine gun but we can't see him.

all the cheese set him off so he quit

CLBridges

I almost deleted my 2nd Warlock to make a Titan on my main account, but decided not to. Did create a Titan on my alt. PSN account (don't judge me lol) and I've been having a bunch of fun in PvP.

One thing I noticed is people love to run into Titan bubbles to try to be the "hero" lol. I get at least 3-4 easy kills a match just from teams who just have to run in and challenge my damage resistance. Titan game-play has been very refreshing for me.

Namikaze1

Holy shit! She found him in the previous room. Unfortunately for her, ads spawned behind her and killed her. But I'm dying here from laughter. That's a first. Gonna tell her to record that.

todd360

i haven't personally experienced much pve elitism either because DGAF isn't like that. but put it this way - enough of it exists to make it back home, and it only spreads as communities age.

then again, out of the millions of players playing destiny, it's probably a small percentage. it's just unfortunate that the small percentage are the ones i regularly interact with.

Oh pls. Your the biggest pve elitist I know. Zoba "I'm to good for raid cheese. Imma leave the group if you cheese" lol

Namikaze1

So will Bungie ever address why the game glitches out some times and sends you to the character creation screen instead of the character select screen? It has happened a few times to me in the past and it just happened to the GF. Gave her a scare.

Oh pls. Your the biggest pve elitist I know. Zoba "I'm to good for raid cheese. Imma leave the group if you cheese" lol

my behavior then was definitely unacceptable, but i don't think i was being elitist. i was just bothered that the "end-game" was being cheapened and i hadn't learned or completed it "properly" yet. it went from a challenging activity to a chore, and chores are boring.

it's like showing up for cooking class and the teacher is handing out microwave dinners.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Most communities has elitism, it's just human nature for people to have their own groupies and clicks. Esports in general is really elitist. That one top player who got nuked by his sponsors was an asshole and moron to even his own fans.

Sorry for being a cunt.

Any raiding parties out there I could join?

I don't really mind what raid

PSN: Bradach333

I have the Crota CP on NM if anyone else is interested. I'm at 30 now, btw, so you won't have to completely carry me anymore :p

low impact auto rifles are my favorite nightfall reward

Low impact scout rifles rank just above. Glad we finished though. Was nervous there at the end when I was the only one left (and I'm 29 with two 32s).

Sorry for being a cunt.

you mean calling everyone else cunts, lol

i'm not referring to anyone in DGAF. this place is largely an exception and a haven compared to others.

Most communities has elitism, it's just human nature for people to have their own groupies and clicks. Esports in general is really elitist. That one top player who got nuked by his sponsors was an asshole and moron to even his own fans.

i'm sure it'll always exist and i don't think it's always unnecessary. but there are ways to mitigate or channel it elsewhere and that's something destiny appears to be struggling with, or at least it will in the future.

LTWood12

Finally, you are one of the elite LT.

Don't hurt me.

WOW me and LTWood12 must have tied. I finally did it as well, but I am still missing Titan arms from the raid.

VIjEmy8l.jpg

YWXDPeEl.jpg

1BPW5t1l.jpg

Lol I guess my post wasn't timed very well. No elitism implied!

Awesome Dunk! Yeah I'm still missing the warlock raid chest armor, so I'm stuck with this silly Starfire Protocol.

Atone13

As a new player, I have to say that my experience completely contradicts this. The players that I have had the privilege of playing with have been nothing but helpful and welcoming without the elitism that is the hot topic lately in this thread. Perhaps I am new enough that I haven't had the opportunity to experience this; we do choose who we play with.

I just wanted to say this has been my, albeit very limited, experience so far as well. I will admit though that it probably has a lot to do with the fact that I am so new to Destiny. One character who as of today just hit 29, and I've only done one real organized group so far, so my experience pool for this is very low. The group was fantastic, of the six of us, I believe just me and one other person had never run the raid before. Things were explained, when things went south it was quickly laughed off.

As I said, I'm sure it has a lot do with the fact that most of my interactions with other players are through matchmaking random strikes so far, where there's never been a headset conversation that I've had yet. Having hit 29 today like I said, I was thinking about trying to find a nightfall group so I did a search for some ps4 matchmaking and found a site. 5 minutes watching the scrolling for people looking for groups... And it was pretty apparent I wanted nothing to do most people on there. Decided then I'll just keep my eyes open for when people around here are looking for random stuff and I'll try to get in on that.

So will Bungie ever address why the game glitches out some times and sends you to the character creation screen instead of the character select screen? It has happened a few times to me in the past and it just happened to the GF. Gave her a scare.

Had that happen only once. Almost had a heart attack. I wonder if it is like a server timeout bug.

He's probably playing Bloodborne.

Lol'd, been wanting to get a bit of Destiny in myself but can't bring myself to swap discs. Every time I fire up the PS4, I just end up back in Bloodborne. HOW can't drop soon enough. Still missing 2 exotic weapons and 1 armor piece.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I have the Crota CP on NM if anyone else is interested. I'm at 30 now, btw, so you won't have to completely carry me anymore :p

Low impact scout rifles rank just above. Glad we finished though. Was nervous there at the end when I was the only one left (and I'm 29 with two 32s).

If you want me to beat on Crota I'll help.

i'm sure it'll always exist and i don't think it's always unnecessary. but there are ways to mitigate or channel it elsewhere and that's something destiny appears to be struggling with, or at least it will in the future.

I think that's a good point. But as mentioned Destiny is tame compared to other communities when it comes to BS in general. Read up on some facebook drama in any particular competitive gaming community. There are always drama. We had a gaffer win a raffle from a top player before on here and still to this day that top player never sent the item.

Is that a vendor Red Hand? Really want one, haven't checked out the vendor rolls, though.

I thought vendor didn't sell it.

If you want me to beat on Crota I'll help.

I think that's a good point. But as mentioned Destiny is tame compared to other communities when it comes to BS in general. Read up on some facebook drama in any particular competitive gaming community. There are always drama. We had a gaffer win a raffle from a top player before on here and still to this day that top player never sent the item.

That would be awesome! Just getting a group together first.

Namikaze1

Lol! The Tower is a ghost town. None of the NPCs are there. I'm here creeping the GF out by playing Jason's theme as she runs around the Tower.

Had that happen only once. Almost had a heart attack. I wonder if it is like a server timeout bug.
Probably is. The few times it happened, it quickly resolved itself. I hope the day never comes where it happens and it is permanent.

Kalamari

The Red Hand IX isn't sold by the vendor, it can only be obtained through ranking up factions. I got mine through ranking up either the Cryptarch or Vanguard pre-DLC. It's such a sweet looking HC.

GhaleonEB

Ha. That has never happen to me before, strange place the Tower is. :p

I once loaded up and all of the vendors were gone, just a handful of very confused guardians. They all popped in after a minute or so.

Gonna run the daily and noodle around in Roc if anyone is running a raid; I'd even be up for hitting a checkpoint or two if you need another.
Have a spot open for CE NM if anyone wants to join.

I'll join. PSN is Ghaleon_EB

todd360

my behavior then was definitely unacceptable, but i don't think i was being elitist. i was just bothered that the "end-game" was being cheapened and i hadn't learned or completed it "properly" yet. it went from a challenging activity to a chore, and chores are boring.

it's like showing up for cooking class and the teacher is handing out microwave dinners.

Its all good. I was just joking.

Also it would seem that fig is still alive!

Skele7on

Banned
Ranked Titan to 32
Started warlock today 1-20 done and already level 27.
Hopefully get a raid in tomorrow and Tuesday and get 32 quickly.
I really like warlock so far, it's a fun class.

I do however absolutely hate 1-20 ranking.
The original "lock in class" then rank again idea would have been awful.
GG bungie removing that.

If anyone could run me through first two parts of Crota that'd be amazing just so I can try my luck at RNG!
As if I did manage to get anything I'd already be 29

ocean

Banned
We really need this dlc reval soon zoba. We're all fighting amongst ourselves like savages.

Destiny is dead until then for me. I have no desire to play it.
Silicon Valley starts again. I see you as Gilfoyle posting on GAF, I can't get over how similar your voices are :p

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I still need to do 3x Crota HM and 2x Atheon and don't think I'll be doing them before reset.

If you are willing to get a group together in the next hour or so I'll help.

I don't know whether I should get GTAV or BB and play them. Witcher 3 is around the corner and I finally beat Evil Within having it since launch and being the reason why I got the PS4 in the first place. Funny because it runs like crap on PS4 so I ended up getting the PC version and enjoying it 99999999x more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom