• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gala

Got to 16 on my Titan today, gonna tackle level 20 tomorrow after work and hope I can reach 26 with the items I have so far. I love the Titan Jump and the bubble, but that melee just doesn't feel right compared to hunter or warlock.

Random thought.

Anyone else think that maybe the raids we do aren't cannon (if you can consider this shitfuck of a story to actually have such a thing)?

It seems possible to me that Crota was actually stopped during the wakening mission, and the vex were taken down by the destruction of the black garden's heart. The raids that we do are in fact nothing but a "what-might-have-been" had actual competent guardians undertaken them rather than the likes of Eris and Kabr.
there's a story?!

Waldini

Bye Crota Glitch mode...

Damn, the amount of shit in the Hard mode is insane.

Cant be arsed anymore. Im done with Destiny. The lack of content and communication by Bungie is rage enducing. I mean, how HARD is it to release a screenshot a week about HoW? New bounties? Anything is appreciated atm.

deafmedal

What: Flawless VoG Fun Run Team
When: Whenever everyone is available
Why: Video games are fun. Go to CE for the trophy.
Where: Our respective residences

Who:
1.) Professor T.J. Tiddlywinks and the Effervescent Pop Magic Orchestra
2.) PrivateHudson
3.) Deafmedal
4.) ms moris
5.) ?
6.) ?

Alts: ?
This sounds mighty fine to my ears but not today, maybe next weekend some time? And I'll be taking a trophy from it if you don't mind ;)

Namikaze1

I hope some people don't take my last few posts as elitist. They were merely joke posts.

Though on the subject of elitism in communities, one thing I've been seeing a lot in several communities both here in GAF and other forums, is people asking if any low levels want to be carried. I really find the whole "low level needing to be carry" thing a bit disrespectful and offensive. Why not just ask if people need help? Why bring levels into play? It's just kinda disrespectful really.

I haven't seen that happen here which is something I love about this community. You guys don't give a damn about levels. It's all about fun for you guys. Don't change, DGAF.

P.S. Kabr is a bigger badass than Eris will ever be! One stood and fought till their dying breath. The other ran and hid for years. Kabr still da best!

I'm more impressed with those who make the Wall of Shame than Glord. That takes true dedication.
I would like to see someone come close to matching the 1k+ posts I made in one thread. :p

Feorax

A blade of Crota has just appeared in Skywatch.

Urzok is due to arrive in about 5 mins.

Wonder how long I can keep it alive...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
How is calling people low levels being disrespectful? There's a reason why asking to help low levels is a thing. Because maybe they need help in certain areas because they are too low level? Just because I put your buddy on blast doesn't mean you have to be passive aggressive. I'm more inclined to help "low levels' than I am with people who already have equipment to do as they please.

Thread has taken a lame turn. Not a good look.

Exactly.

Namikaze1

Kabr and Eris are going to look weak compared to the legendary Warlock they will introduce us to with HoW IMO.
Nah, Kabr would still come out the bigger badass of the three. Besides, I have a feeling NPC this time will be the Queen's douchy brother. This Upcoming raid involves the House of Wolves Fallen clan, one that, according to lore, the Queen disbanded.

Edit:
Wow, I'm just gonna ignore that. Nowhere in that post did I accuse anyone.

ocean

Banned
How is calling people low levels being disrespectful? There's a reason why asking to help low levels is a thing. Because maybe they need help in certain areas because they are too low level? Just because I put your buddy on blast doesn't mean you have to be passive aggressive. I'm more inclined to help "low levels' than I am with people who already have equipment to do as they please.

Exactly.
I was about to specifically call you out. Your "anyone want to be carried?" Posts are great :)

When I started my Hunter alt you took me through CE at 27 and it was great! Never stop, it does is a solid.

TheOddOne

I'll be good. And that's my last word on the matter.
tumblr_inline_n2tdm5CVJl1ql4e2i.jpg

You choose what you want. I'll tag along for one.

I'd love to do NF. But we need 1 more. Anyone else up for it? If not, Weekly is more than fine.

. . .

And re other energy going on:

If people from Gaf (and a good friend from Dark Souls) hadn't helped "carry" me through the early grind of getting gear, I wouldn't still be playing.

I love the positive vibe of Gaf. If you don't, go to GameFAQs.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I was about to specifically call you out. Your "anyone want to be carried?" Posts are great :)

When I started my Hunter alt you took me through CE at 27 and it was great! Never stop, it does is a solid.

I wouldn't even bother to do them in the first place unless it's a chance to give someone something. I don't know Ghaleon's stance on BS like that but certain mods on gaming and off topic don't tolerate that.

I'd love to do NF. But we need 1 more. Anyone else up for it? If not, Weekly is more than fine.

We don't need another person for NF but anyone can join if they want. I'm about to start just join up on me in orbit.

Yeah, I saw the top poster list. Thread is slowly crawling its way to OT20. Isn't this thread just mere days away from hitting a month of being up?

It will be a month old on Tax day. We are moving at a few pages a day now. It might not not OT20 until HoW is released, then again, a big info dump could be good for 20+ pages of it shakes things up.

I don't, however, expect the thread to ever quite return to its glory days. It will move fast, just not like the first few OTs. That includes Comet and Destiny 2.

confession: i hate the destiny community

PvE is littered with arbitrary elitism over a few items and meaningless trophies. large communities for organizing activities are toxic wastelands and it's not everywhere you'll find players welcoming of new or inexperienced players. I'd have quit ages ago if i had to deal with that on a regular basis. there's hardly much talk of making the game more accessible from Bungie; rather, some players take offense to the notion that the game be made easier or convenient, fearing it'd devalue their "achievements".

PvP players aren't much better. I'm by no means the best player, but finding other like-minded players who aren't full of themselves or too scared to play fair is a chore in its own right. The game is fun to play competitively, but without being a competitive game like Halo [used to be], it crumbles when taken seriously. There's an endless barrage of meaningless trash talk from players who think camping in control gives them "status", but they back out of every opportunity when challenged. To put it rudely, Destiny's competitive players are pussies who sully the name of the game. Furthermore, it's unusually difficult to find players who will actually sit down and discuss the game without bias on a fundamental level.

I guess it's expected. This is the same shit Bungie fostered during their Halo years and they're as pompous as they've always been when it comes to managing this community. I can't say I blame them though for treating us like children given this behavior.

Namikaze1

It will be a month old on Tax day. We are moving at a few pages a day now. It might not not OT20 until HoW is released, then again, a big info dump could be good for 20+ pages of it shakes things up.

I don't, however, expect the thread to ever quite return to its glory days. It will move fast, just not like the first few OTs. That includes Comet and Destiny 2.
It's never going back to the glory days. The lack of a story, lack of raid/nightfall matchmaking, the grinding, RNG, and the repetitive nature of the game soured people. I don't expect people returning for HoW staying for long either.

My threads are long lasting. Just like the flavor in this new gum! Buy now!
I was surprised your Praxic Fire PSA lasted as long as it did. :p

Gonna take my "bs" and continue watching both GoT S4 marathon and the GF attempting to kill Valus with Necrochasm.

#BuffNecrochasm

Namikaze1

So uh, Valus just showed a new trick to the GF. He um disappeared right before her. Like he literally disappeared. He was at roughly 40% when it happened. The ads are still in combat with her but Valus is nowhere in sight. We could hear him using his rockets and machine gun but we can't see him.

mfn_pie

confession: i hate the destiny community

PvE is littered with arbitrary elitism over a few items and meaningless trophies. large communities for organizing activities are toxic wastelands and it's not everywhere you'll find players welcoming of new or inexperienced players. i'd have quit ages ago if i had to deal with that on a regular basis. there's hardly much talk of making the game more accessible from bungie; rather, some players take offense to the notion that the game be made easier or convenient, fearing it'd devalue their "achievements".

As a new player, I have to say that my experience completely contradicts this. The players that I have had the privilege of playing with have been nothing but helpful and welcoming without the elitism that is the hot topic lately in this thread. Perhaps I am new enough that I haven't had the opportunity to experience this; we do choose who we play with.

Namikaze1

Ads are still spawning for her but Valus hasn't return yet from wherever he went. She's going to orbit if he doesn't return in three minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom