• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Grinding factions period is stupid....Not to mention fucking locking factions gear through Crucible marks, and not making it either or. It's like, fuck off I'm not going to grind crucible each week and also grind that factions rep to buy a weapon. I could handle grinding the factions rep by wearing their mark, but making me PVP to get the marks necessary, whilst simultaneously losing out on vanguard rep? Nah fuck that noise.

Is there an advantage of Vanguard > Factions???

I'm like at my fully FWC decked out Titan like I've made a terrible mistake...

Anastasis

I really hope the leveling of weapons is improved in Destiny 2 (or removed altogether), it's such a pain in the ass. It seems like there so many great things in this game, but the grindy stuff gets in the way of it all.

I completely agree.

I guess grind is supposed to make you feel like you've earned something, but isn't going through a nightfall or raid enough of a barrier to have something feel earned? It just seems to be there to artificially extend playtime.

When a new bubble on my weapon opens up I don't feel like I've earned anything, just that I'm one arbitrary step closer to the maximum potential of the weapon that should have been there in the beginning when it dropped for me.

Arrrammis

Is there an advantage of Vanguard > Factions???

I'm like at my fully FWC decked out Titan like I've made a terrible mistake...

Not really, the only possible problem with factions is that you have to play crucible to get the marks to buy their gear. But that's not usually why people level up factions, everyone is trying for those elusive shaders.

*cries* Revenant, where art thou?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Not really, the only possible problem with factions is that you have to play crucible to get the marks to buy their gear. But that's not usually why people level up factions, everyone is trying for those elusive shaders.

*cries* Revenant, where art thou?

I just like the FWC logo plastered on all my shit.

I also dig the lore behind them. I think the Exo's were created to withstand the effects of "The Device", and from the visions of the future they created the FWC, and to understand the roots of the Exo race in the Golden Age.

I also dig all the references with stuff like the Teilhard War ship and the like.

I'm also a sucker for this game's artstyle.

It's such a shame that the artistry and lore that was written into it got sliced and diced for Activision's greed.

Kalamari

Grinding factions period is stupid....Not to mention fucking locking factions gear through Crucible marks, and not making it either or. It's like, fuck off I'm not going to grind crucible each week and also grind that factions rep to buy a weapon. I could handle grinding the factions rep by wearing their mark, but making me PVP to get the marks necessary, whilst simultaneously losing out on vanguard rep? Nah fuck that noise.

Yes, I completely agree.

I really hope they can improve upon PvP for Destiny 2 as well, I think the changes we will be seeing soon in regards to special and heavy weapons ammo bodes particularly well. I really hope they add a CTF gametype for Destiny 2.

Glad to see the community is doing well overall :) I shall return one day...finishing up my semester and the last bloodborne trophy soon...

and waiting for HoW info as well...

Half-life 3 or The Last Guardian or HoW? Which one will it be :p

edit: Off topic but you should have done them during the course of the game. Depth 1-3 will be pretty easy. Depth 4-5 are. IMO, meant for ng+.

Hahaha I know! I realized that after the first dungeon, but then I got too addicted with the main game :p

Ji66a-Man

I took my friend to the Gorgon's Labyrinth chest for his 3 runs at exotic drops and he got really lucky and pulled his first Gjallarhorn, Ice Breaker (his 2nd), and Hard Light (also his 2nd). I have never seen anyone go 3 for 3 from that chest in a single week.

https://youtu.be/J3wDNN8jnkg

Jinjo

Hah, I finally forget completely about Xur and he has Suros......

Hah, me too. First week ever where I completely forgot about Xur/Destiny. 'Tis a sad time indeed.

Thankfully he didn't have anything I really wanted. Not that I have the drive to level up that stuff anyway.

This sounds mighty fine to my ears but not today, maybe next weekend some time? And I'll be taking a trophy from it if you don't mind ;)

No particular time in mind, just a general post to start organizing something. Next weekend is cool with me, does that work for other interested folks? I can also post again when the time is closer and try to formalize the group.

haha you can definitely take the trophy, I just meant to clarify that it wasn't the type of group to join if you only wanted the trophy. It's just "for the love of the game."

i hadn't learned or completed it "properly" yet. it went from a challenging activity to a chore, and chores are boring.

Always makes me sad when people think an encounter sucks but they've only ever cheesed it. People can still think it sucks but it should be based on the encounter design itself, not just their personal experiences playing it which are dictated mainly by group dynamics.

Cheesing before learning is a big problem to me. None of my non-Gaf friends know how the bridge works or had killed Crota legit before the ethernet cheese was patched. Even among Gaffers not a lot of people are interested in understanding the designs. I always offer to explain encounters in more detail but people typically just want to know the strat and get the loot. Not that there's anything wrong with that, as Seinfeld would say.

I have never seen anyone go 3 for 3 from that chest in a single week.]

Nice, yeah I don't think I've ever seen the trifecta either, maybe once, even with all the CP sharing I've done over the months. Definitely never happened to me.

Cheesing before learning is a big problem to me. None of my non-Gaf friends know how the bridge works or had killed Crota legit before the ethernet cheese was patched. Even among Gaffers not a lot of people are interested in understanding the designs. I always offer to explain encounters in more detail but people typically just want to know the strat and get the loot. Not that there's anything wrong with that, as Seinfeld would
Agreed. All of my RL friends always wanted to cheese it. Makes me wonder why even play the game if you don't want actually learn it when you want to do everything the fastest and easiest way.

Edit:
Hahaha I know! I realized that after the first dungeon, but then I got too addicted with the main game :p
No worries, I did the exactly the same thing and did the dungeons after I finish the game :p

Gala

I did the bridge without cheese for the first time this week with running over and killing gatekeepers etc, that was really cool. The bridge was way more fun that way

I did the bridge without cheese for the first time this week with running over and killing gatekeepers etc, that was really cool. The bridge was way more fun that way

yeah I like it

cheesing is boring

I hate joining hard crota groups and at the abyss people are like if you're not a hunter with don't touch me just stand at the beginning

and the bridge if you're not a warlock just die

Bradach

More often than not cheese is the only way I can get through the first two phases of CE. Simply because myself and two RL buddies usually can't get anyone to help so it's just us three.
I've done it legit a few times with GAF, which was great but that was pre-bloodborne. Since then I've tried to round up a group a few times without success.
For the last couple of weeks I've ended up with 3 checkpoints for deathsinger and crota but couldn't finish them :(
My new Gjallahorn is hungry for Crota ( :p ) but has yet to have the opportunity.
This reset I think i'll do raiding early in the week when there's more activity on DGAF and save the NF and weeklies for the weekend where my RL buddies can easily manage

Gordon

So you know sitting down, like in-game? Ever tried standing back up? Like with the D-Pad, not just by moving? How did I miss this? It seems so obvious..

Edit: Feature we absolutely need for Destiny 2 - a slider to adjust sitting and standing animation speed.
and more raid bugs

DiscreteCat

Neo Member
Damn, Sword Schoolers, I'm so sorry! I was helping a friend out with some Tech support stuff and lost track of time. :( Looking at the clock now, and I see we didn't have a full sign-up sheet anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and cancel tonight's class. Again, seriously I apologize.

rasengan and mfn_pie, if you guys are available tomorrow night I'd be happy to lead it then! I'll repost the signups but you guys will have your spots secure.

edit: Rescheduled Sword School, tomrrow 4/13 at 9:00PM ET

This sounds very useful for someone getting back into the game, just signed up. Hopefully still space available.

More often than not cheese is the only way I can get through the first two phases of CE.

No question there are plenty of times when cheesing is recommended or even required, mainly for incomplete teams. CE is so susceptible to cheese I can understand why people don't always try to get a full team when that can be a headache, especially during the current slow times.

If I didn't do reset raids on Tuesdays I wouldn't get any raids done. At this point if we don't actually finish stuff up then I usually don't bother trying until next week's reset.

edit: to clarify, the only time cheese bothers me is when people depend on it exclusively because they've never done encounters legit and don't know how. I especially understand cheesing HM CE considering the cheap ass Lv33 enemies make it not a lot of fun.

Patch today or tomorrow, HoW Release Date and/or Trailer on Thursday - right? RIGHT?

Patch tomorrow would be fantastic, but can't say I'm optimistic for anything right now. We're still technically only ~2 weeks into their Q2 HoW time frame.

noomi

Morning DGaf :D

Well.... I haven't really played too much Destiny over the last few days, let alone even turned on my PS4. I will be shifting my gaming focus to PC for a little while... GTA5 releases for the PC today and I have a nice backlog to catch up to. Also I have created a thread on the gaming side that I will be tending to.

I'll be around, just not as much, at least not until HoW rolls around. Feel free to shoot me a message, or friend me on steam. Name and avatar are the same as here.

See you guys soon! <3

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.

Well.... I haven't really played too much Destiny over the last few days, let alone even turned on my PS4. I will be shifting my gaming focus to PC for a little while... GTA5 releases for the PC today and I have a nice backlog to catch up to. Also I have created a thread on the gaming side that I will be tending to.

I'll be around, just not as much, at least not until HoW rolls around. Feel free to shoot me a message, or friend me on steam. Name and avatar are the same as here.

See you guys soon! <3

Rip in peace noomi

ich00

Thanks for the kill everyone! You too Gutz and T-44!

Was a good time as always. I'll be around tonight again if you get a group together for a few more kills, I still have gotten that stupid sparrow and 4th Horsemen.

More often than not cheese is the only way I can get through the first two phases of CE. Simply because myself and two RL buddies usually can't get anyone to help so it's just us three.
I've done it legit a few times with GAF, which was great but that was pre-bloodborne. Since then I've tried to round up a group a few times without success.
For the last couple of weeks I've ended up with 3 checkpoints for deathsinger and crota but couldn't finish them :(
My new Gjallahorn is hungry for Crota ( :p ) but has yet to have the opportunity.
This reset I think i'll do raiding early in the week when there's more activity on DGAF and save the NF and weeklies for the weekend where my RL buddies can easily manage

Depending on what time you play I'd be glad to help you out getting some kills. If it's just Crota and or the Deathsinger, we'd only need one other person. I'm on nights EST.

Hawk , I signed up, I really want to give this a go. If for whatever reason (mainly kid not sleeping) I can't make it at 9, I'll shoot you a message and let you know.

E92 M3

See you guys soon! <3

Now you're leaving too =/

Deku Tree

Ugh that's so embarrassing. It was bad when it first released, but now that we've actually used the weapons it's so sad. When the DBreath shoots the ground and just leaves a solar grenade lying there accomplishing nothing... oof.

It feels like TDB exotic weapons were designed by a marketing team that didn't really think at all about anything more than how they would look on commercials to new players who don't really know.

Homeboyd

Pretty soon it will be me posting OTs, posting and replying to myself, and one-manning raids and shooting myself in crucible with ricochet hard light rounds.

I'll never leave.

NEVER.

Bradach

Depending on what time you play I'd be glad to help you out getting some kills. If it's just Crota and or the Deathsinger, we'd only need one other person. I'm on nights EST.
I appreciate that. I've sent a FR but I'm usually on nights GMT so there won't be much overlap. Maybe the odd weekend

ocean

Banned
It feels like TDB exotic weapons were designed by a marketing team that didn't really think at all about anything more than how they would look on commercials to new players who don't really know.
What's worse is they managed to bring a grand total of four Exotic weapons to the DLC and they all suck, while creating some wonderful Legendaries for the vendors.

Black Hammer would have easily been widely praised as an exotic. LDR, Secret Handshake, Saterienne Rapier, Against All Odds...these are truly compelling and desirable. It's like two different teams worked on weapons and the guys who actually play the game and understand what perks and archetypes are useful were on Legendary duty.

I mean the common thread among all new Exotics is they look and sound cool but are way outclassed and don't make up for their profound shortcomings with their lackluster perks.

What's worse is they managed to bring a grand total of four Exotic weapons to the DLC and they all suck, while creating some wonderful Legendaries for the vendors.

Black Hammer would have easily been widely praised as an exotic. LDR, Secret Handshake, Saterienne Rapier, Against All Odds...these are truly compelling and desirable. It's like two different teams worked on weapons and the guys who actually play the game and understand what perks and archetypes are useful were on Legendary duty.

I mean the common thread among all new Exotics is they look and sound cool but are way outclassed and don't make up for their profound shortcomings with their lackluster perks.

Yeah like, knowing what Dragons Breath does, it's sooo bad. Sure it's probably good against bosses that sit still, but like all bosses don't sit still. And if it was between Gjallahorn(Or Good Docter) and Dragons Breath, 10 out of 10 times I'd pick The Good Doctor. I mean, Gjallahorn.

E92 M3

I have so many issues with how Bungie "balances" their sandbox. Just very much tired talking about it because shit doesn't change.

Shito

If only they would acknowledge this, but what's even worse than doing a mistake is not even recognizing it. There's no word on an upcoming new exotics patch, and all we got as a feedback from them was "nechrochasm is working as intended".
What's even more funny is that they clearly intended to use those exotic weapons as an incentive to buy the DLC, making them appear at Xur's so many times...

I have so many issues with how Bungie "balances" their sandbox. Just very much tired talking about it because shit doesn't change.

It doesn't help that inevitably they need to 'balance' both PvP and PvE which is what originally caused the Mythoclast to be nerfed down to hell.It seems with the Shotgun PvE buff they FINALLY realized they can adjust stats separately from PvE/PvP, but unless they buff ARs again they just have no idea what they're doing.

Bradach

If I've done CE on normal what drops do I get for doing CE on hard?

Is it the same or just shards or just weapons / armor and no shards?

DestinyLFG is hilariously bad sometimes. My last nightfall I created an #LFG instead of asking people if they still need 1. 1 person joined me and was trying to help me get our 3rd. Well I put the LFG so people asked and I told the guy that joined I got someone. His response? "Is he L32?" Hahahaha can't believe that's still a thing. I literally told him, I don't care what level he is, it doesn't matter.

Thanks to Bloodborne, I keep sliding the first few times I want to run haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom