• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll still be around, I can't stay away from this thread haha. Just taking a little break is all :)

Enjoy the break Noomi. When you come back maybe you can make Atheon's rooms disappear again...

CCejbxKUAAIVx5u.jpg:large

CCejfopVIAIv6MC.jpg:large

If only they would acknowledge this, but what's even worse than doing a mistake is not even recognizing it. There's no word on an upcoming new exotics patch, and all we got as a feedback from them was "nechrochasm is working as intended".
What's even more funny is that they clearly intended to use those exotic weapons as an incentive to buy the DLC, making them appear at Xur's so many times...

The DLC exotics are in a wierd space. They need something new to be an incentive, yet they are made more ubiquitous as a result as to not make players feel cheated by being too rare. This means they have to be balanced in a way to not be too powerful since everyone will have one. Problem is it can swing too far the other way and be gimped to the point of not justifying their existence.

It really is a shame that Nechrocasm and NLB are considered "working as intended". Sadly, I think Bungie's only criteria for this is if they are servicable, but not game breaking in PvP.

Release date doesn't mean jack to me, I want leveling details so we know what to bother stacking in the meantime. New "commendations" or old ones still good? Vendor light levels? NM and HM Raid release dates?

I'm guessing they'll have some exclusive release story deal with another website like for TDB that actually includes the nuts and bolts.

Namikaze1

Anyone planning to immediately raid that day? That's if the normal raid is unlocked from the start of course. I could push Witcher back a day.

Dave_6

Bring it on I say, pumped for the trailer! I've never been too hyped for the Witcher series even though I will pick it up at some point on PC. HoW will be my priority that day!

Unlike for the previous raid(s), I've got three toons all maxed out and ready for the new one.

LTWood12

I went back and watched the trailer for TDB. It showed a good bit of Crota's End: Falling into the abyss, running toward the white light, bridge/totems, & the shrieker hallway.

Hope we get some decent footage of "The Arena."

Namikaze1

If the raid is available that day, I'll push Witcher aside for a few hours. If not, I'll hold off on doing anything HoW till the weekend of that week.

Deku Tree

Release date doesn't mean jack to me, I want leveling details so we know what to bother stacking in the meantime. New "commendations" or old ones still good? Vendor light levels? NM and HM Raid release dates?

I'm guessing they'll have some exclusive release story deal with another website like for TDB that actually includes the nuts and bolts.

Yeah I bet the raid NM releases 5am est in May 19. And I bet they delay HM just like for TDB.

Deej said on reddit that they will announce leveling details etc in advance to give us time to prepare but IDK what that means exactly...

I hope they announce leveling details soon so that if it sucks maybe they'll change it a little bit in response to the negative feedback.

hydruxo

Pretty ballsy to still have it drop the same day as the Witcher.

As much as I love the Witcher games, they aren't as popular outside of the hardcore gaming community so I think it won't really affect sales for HoW much. They are entirely different audiences and Destiny has a ton of somewhat casual players.

Anyone planning to immediately raid that day? That's if the normal raid is unlocked from the start of course. I could push Witcher back a day.

You know me, I'll be there for blind raiding as soon as it launches, for as long as it takes to finish. No idea how many of my usual crew will be around and invested enough for it though. So I don't know if I'll be looking for new people or a whole other team or what, haha.

I'll be furious if they pull the same raid release day bullshit as Scrota where you needed to grind your ass to Lv31 before it was remotely possible to finish it. I've hated that fucking garbage fight ever since "World's First" was a team of 7. That fact alone tells you everything about how broken the design is.

Shito

So I'm thinking that Word of Crota and BlackHammer are just going to remain forever without their broken perks. No fix ever IMO.
Did you have any hope Bungie would fix this?
Ever since they took the "remove the problem" solution, it was clear it was too much of a hassle for them to properly fix it. Their code must REALLY be a mess...

Always makes me sad when people think an encounter sucks but they've only ever cheesed it. People can still think it sucks but it should be based on the encounter design itself, not just their personal experiences playing it which are dictated mainly by group dynamics.

Cheesing before learning is a big problem to me. None of my non-Gaf friends know how the bridge works or had killed Crota legit before the ethernet cheese was patched. Even among Gaffers not a lot of people are interested in understanding the designs. I always offer to explain encounters in more detail but people typically just want to know the strat and get the loot. Not that there's anything wrong with that, as Seinfeld would say.

I have mixed feelings on this. The Crota kneel cheese is one thing that seemed very silly and more work than it is worth but the bridge is another. The bridge is by far the most interesting section of the raid, and with a solid group, it is a lot of fun to pull off.

Problem is, if you are with a less than stellar group, the encounter design relying on individuals to perform can be frustrsting when someone can't pull their weight. I wish I had more time to be patient with them, but I would rather move on so I say fuck it.

It isn't so much of a problem now. I haven't been with a cheese group in ages, but back at the start of the Raid, it felt necessary.

You know me, I'll be there for blind raiding as soon as it launches, for as long as it takes to finish. No idea how many of my usual crew will be around and invested enough for it though. So I don't know if I'll be looking for new people or a whole other team or what, haha.

I'll be furious if they pull the same raid release day bullshit as Scrota where you needed to grind your ass to Lv31 before it was remotely possible to finish it. I've hated that fucking garbage fight ever since "World's First" was a team of 7. That fact alone tells you everything about how broken the design is.

I will be in too!

As soon as details spill I will figure out my battle plan on making sure I am ready for day one. Looks like I will be coming back very soon!

Namikaze1

I should really spend some time before then hitting Crucible mark cap on my Guardians. Need 200 for both Warlock and Hunter and around 40-60 for my Titan. Also, getting all the factions to ranking up as close as possible.

I may actually take off that day to raid.

Just did!!! Hahaha, sent my boss an email just now after seeing it.

Namikaze1

Hey, if you need people, hook me up! I'll be set to go upon launch if the raid isn't locked. And isn't the entry level for normal raid 32? Or 33? Can't remember what the leak showed. I hope we don't have to go through that bullshit though I was lucky enough to reach 31 on my Titan on TDB launch day.

Falling into the abyss, running toward the white light, bridge/totems, & the shrieker hallway.

It's sad how much of the total CE square footage that covers...

Considering the huge disparity between CE and VoG, I have no idea what to expect with the Arena. The pessimist in me says it will be short, small and shitty like CE due to all the same Comet/Destiny 2 production limitations. And they only delayed it to make a shorter time gap between HoW and Comet, not to add content.

Really-really-really hope that's not the case.

Shito

So, the trailer should hit in a little bit more than an hour, is that right?
Even with Google and convenient websites and all, I'm never too confident when converting time zones... #LivingInACountryWithOnlyOneTimeZone

Man, I just can't wait to see what Bungie does with Destiny 2. I'm 99% sure that they will drop last gen. I dreamt last night of traversing through a blizzard on our sparrows, coming across new enemy types, seeing a bit of the wildlife, killing the douche, some actual space combat, Gjallarhorn 2.0, a bigger and more populated Tower, killing the douche, weapon shaders, a training room, Gjallarhorn 2.0, sparrow customization, killing the douche, space dragons, some more races, some more classes, Gjallarhorn 2.0, access weapon/armor/item storage from orbit (in-game), an actual story, killing the douche, more planets, etc.

I forgot to mention Gjallarhorn 2.0 and killing the Queen's douchy brother.

thats going to be the next urn quest. lol

althuogh if hes not the one doleing out the missions like eris, I fear since we know the new raid is going to be the arena, I would hate for him to be the anouncer. I wouild except it only if hes the final boss.

speaking of which, who is the final boss going to be. I dont know much about the fallen lore, unlike crota I cant think of any fallen legendary figures that could be the end game for the new raid.

Did you have any hope Bungie would fix this?
Ever since they took the "remove the problem" solution, it was clear it was too much of a hassle for them to properly fix it. Their code must REALLY be a mess...

I thought the Word of Crota one was fixed some time ago. It wast just Black Hammer that was still messed up.

LiK

Considering the huge disparity between CE and VoG, I have no idea what to expect with the Arena. The pessimist in me says it will be short, small and shitty like CE due to all the same Comet/Destiny 2 production limitations. And they only delayed it to make a shorter time gap between HoW and Comet, not to add content.

this will end up being true. I don't expect much from the expansion at all. another quick short story campaign with a decent Raid.

So I'm thinking that Word of Crota and BlackHammer are just going to remain forever without their broken perks. No fix ever IMO.

It looks simple on the surface, but i think is actually fairly complicated to solve. The Hive Disruptor perks breaks the damage type counter so consecutive precision shots are not avcounted for. They would have to rework the whole sub system for calculation. Something they probably don't think is worthwile for a couple of weapons.

LTWood12

They're pretty quick and short shots, but it is a little crazy how much you actually could see in the trailer.

So, the trailer should hit in a little bit more than an hour, is that right?
Even with Google and convenient websites and all, I'm never too confident when converting time zones... #LivingInACountryWithOnlyOneTimeZone

It'll be up in 75 minutes.

I'm down for blind raiding on HoW release. I'll definitely be taking that day off

I think Ill be skipping the blind raid this time around. when scota launched. 3 hours in, we could not get past the bridge. we have gotten some faulty intel on how to kill the gatekeeper. but it was really exciting at first, but not much fun when you got rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom