• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it bad that I would not be mad if it was just a very hard firefight except for a raid? Either way I am still excited for House of Wolves.

hoggert

Hmmm. I have been preparing/grinding for going into to a new raid blind as I didn't bother raiding until the recebtly in Hawkian's newb raids. I feel like I should be pissed if there's no new raid but I'm not. A horde/defend mode like Warframe's or any other recent game would be pretty awesome. Hope it's not locked behind some bullshit and has matchmaking for the lower tiers or whatever.

maybe thier just calling it an Arena activity becuase the general populace doesnt know what a raid is. you know what, ill be disspaointed if isnt a "traditional raid" but Im so starved for content right now and I love destiny.

Hedera

All this talk about horde mode and possibly no raid is disappointing. I'm just not a big fan of the concept of horde mode and I love the puzzle aspects and figuring out mechanics of the raids.

Still, I'm very excited for the new content!

noomi

Ok so may 19th booked off !!! Hope rest of the group is up for it as well. Now how will i tell it to my wife ? Maybe just send her to a spa day?

I just asked for the 19th off ooooo yeah!

That's 2, now we need Messiek and Rubenov, Commish, and one more? Hyunsai? Common Dan, Macello?

Crazy.... setting up raid day a month in advance.....lol

Lnkn52

Patch going live today (source: b.net)

vkeXKWh.png

Shirow

Banned
Just the new social area and the arena/horde mode. I'm not sure that a patrol would really work for the Reef anyways since it's not a planet.

Rumor is it's just a new social space ala the Tower.

It's a social destination like the Tower, so no. :(

No new patrol or playable area. Just whatever this new activity is.

All new missions are on existing Cosmodrome and Venus maps.

Wha?!!... Man...

The trailer got me hyped up but the news are like =/

That armor the guardians are wearing in that promo art for HoW matches up with the armor that was leaked a few months back. This means the vendor weapons that leaked may also be real...

If this is 3 Story Missions, 1 Strike and 1 Arena and a couole PvP maps, it is going to feel even less complete than TDB for the same price.

I think Destiny DLC has the right approach, full content, not microtransaction bullshit, it is just way too thin.

I know it isn't always fair to compare against other games, but Boderlands, Skyrim and hell, even Souls games have way more substantial DLC than this for a lower price.

Messiek

That's 2, now we need Messiek and Rubenov, Commish, and one more? Hyunsai? Common Dan, Macello?

You bet I'll be there! It's going to be awesome : )

The reality is that a horde mode just makes too much sense. Arguably, the most fun thing to do in this game is to shoot shit. Even the majority of Destiny detractors admit this point. That becomes exponentially more fun when it's with friends but currently the only way to do that with more than 2 friends is Crucible or the Raids. This would alleviate that. Destiny is also lacking in activities that are infinitely replayable without the promise of loot outside of, again, Crucible. This could alleviate that as well.

That armor the guardians are wearing in that promo art for HoW matches up with the armor that was leaked a few months back. This means the vendor weapons that leaked may also be real...

I don't think there's any doubt any of that stuff was real. It's just that the stats are likely placeholder.

noomi

ha! i still have 2 NFs left to do that I decided I didnt want to so. but 30% less health sounds like an incentive to finish them off.

No kidding, I have 3 nightfalls that never got done but.... pass for me :p

You bet I'll be there! It's going to be awesome : )

Awwwww yissss! Much hype!

What raid?

House of Wolves :p We have a core group we like to raid with, some of us are already asking for time off from work so we can be there right after it goes live :)

cilonen

Ooh, trailer is pretty nice. Sounds ominously like the arena 'raid' is not like the other two and is some kind of new activity though.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Okay I'll call off too. Consider it done!

House of Wolves :p We have a core group we like to raid with, some of us are already asking for time off from work so we can be there right after it goes live :)

You are missing the point. All indications are there is no new raid for HoW, but instead a new "activity" that appears to be a horde mode.

I thuoght this was 1.1.2 wich is suppsoed to unclude the everything they have been talking about over the last several weeks.

Also, reduce two of the strike bosses health, and add a colorblind mode.

Yeah forgot about those two things. The last update didn't mention anything about raid glitches so I won't get my hopes up.

I get it, but WHAT RAID? Don't waste your day off :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom