• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl2177

I've gotten SGA and PI to pop up twice and they were with each other, so I could only exclusively pick each one once. Finally have both of them now though. Now Thorn, Juju, and Invective I've gotten at least 4 times on each character, and close to 10 times on my Hunter.

LiK

Yes it seems to help but is not guaranteed. RNG gonna RNG.

Top of the page! Here's another look at the exotics to grind for in HoW.

maxresdefault.jpg

Destiny-House-of-wolves-exotics.jpg

damn, that helm with the face is pretty rad. something unique.

No new Raid? And I thought I didn't have any disappointment left.

EDIT: Oh so it's a lazy Raid? I didn't think Bungie had a level lazier than Crota. But this...is a level...BEYOND!

Wooo HoW looks like yet more 'value' from Bungie goddam "a new co-operative strike". This actually has me more pissed than no new raid just because I find it hard to get my mates and me together for a raid anyhow but we run weeklies/nightfalls fairly regularly. Horde mode better not require a fucking 6-man squad and if this is not The Trials Of Osiris when are we getting that, the only remaining exotic scout rifle depends on it?

I had all 3 on the go and got another missive, but it wouldn't open til I completed one and it turned out to be those 3 bounties again haha

Yeah that happened to me as well couple of times. I keep on getting Thorn or Invective even though I have them in my inventory.

I'm amazed this is still a thing. ^^
This is just a random chance each time you turn in a bounty, it's totally independent of how much you return at the same time.
I actually got more exotic bounties showing up from a single bounty than from a pack of them. :)

Placebo effect mostly, but so many players report exoti bounties triggering like this that it's worth a shot if you're not getting any to trigger at all for a while.

I've had them trigger from a single bounty and not trigger after turning in tons at the same time, but the later seems to have a better success rate.

So we can finally be 33 and beat HM Crota without that fake difficulty mode?

For the most part yes. The other less egregious and less obvious difficulty spike was a huge increase in Major enemies (e.g. Abyss Cursed Thralls and Knights, Scrota Tower Boomers and Crystal Room Knights, etc.) which will still be annoying relative to NM.

But not nearly as bad as the current 32% penalty with Lv33 enemies.

Shito

Placebo effect mostly, but so many players report exoti bounties triggering like this that it's worth a shot if you're not getting any to trigger at all for a while.

I've had them trigger from a single bounty and not trigger after turning in tons at the same time, but the later seems to have a better success rate.
It's just that you are returning more of them, so you get the impression that it helps even though returning them one by one would have yielded the same result. ^^
It's just like engrams popping after quickly killing a whole bunch of mobs.

willow ve

So if it's really a firefight / horde mode / survival style gametype in lieu of a raid I have a solution for rewards.

Obtain more RNG rolls the longer you stay alive / rounds you complete etc. Have RNGesus roll them ALL at the same time at the end of the game (when everyone dies) so we get a Borderlands style "lootsplosion" of constant rewards showing up in the HUD.

lt519

A lot of melee oriented exotics. Tight quarters combat anyone? I don't see anything that would replace the best exotics right now. Although it'd be great if a horde mode gave you 20-30 seconds between waves to switch gear and adjust for the next wave. That could add a nice wrinkle if you needed to bring one of each weapon type with each element and have a wide array of exotic armor.

LTWood12

Meanwhile, they recycled one of the best exotic helms,Obsidian Mind, by turning it white instead of black and calling it "The Ram".

If they were going to duplicate one I'd want it to be that one though. Coolest looking helmet in the game IMO.

The exotic Hunter boots are pretty great. Lets you use Triple Jump AND Higher Jump.

damn, that helm with the face is pretty rad. something unique.

Too bad the ability kind of sucks, all it gives you is Unstoppable. So, you can pick up Shoulder Charge or Juggernaut for free. However, it's seems really underwhelming compared to the other Titan helms. Still want it though, does look cool.

Damn. The new exotic Titan gauntlets sound great. Though I wonder how much damage it does.

I'm more interested in the hunter gloves. Bonus damage while invisible? Will that effect scrota damage?

Drizzy, some new calculations for you :p

So double jump into triple jump? But maybe it's a higher jump then the regular triple jump...in my veins plz.

Possibly, would have loved a quadruple jump for my gunslinger though. Seems stupid that a gunslinger with triple jump won't get any benefit from the exotic boots.

I'm more interested in the hunter gloves. Bonus damage while invisible? Will that effect scrota damage?

Drizzy, some new calculations for you :p.

lol sadly I ran the numbers and it's still 0 since only the sword affects his HP :p

If you meant more sword damage for it being a "melee attack" you lose invis as soon as you swing so it's impossible to sword slash anything while invisible. :(

It's just that you are returning more of them, so you get the impression that it helps even though returning them one by one would have yielded the same result. ^^
It's just like engrams popping after quickly killing a whole bunch of mobs.

Well, engrams do tend to pop more by killing mobs quickly.

Kill 10 thralls one by one and you may get one green/blue engram.

Kill 10 thralls in quick succession with a super/heavy and they almost always tend to drop more than one engram, and higher quality ones. I've seen this enough times to believe this is not pure RNG.

EDIT: Oh so it's a lazy Raid? I didn't think Bungie had a level lazier than Crota. But this...is a level...BEYOND!

Not a raid. An "arena activity." Please be excited.

Speaking of disappointment, don't get too hyped about the snow people. Unless you've enjoyed playing the epic Crota fight that was accurately previewed in the TDB trailer:

destiny_the_dark_below_2.jpg

lol sadly I ran the numbers and it's still 0 since only the sword affects his HP :p

If you meant more sword damage for it being a "melee attack" you lose invis as soon as you swing so it's impossible to sword slash anything while invisible. :(

Of course you lose invisibility as soon as you attack, but that applies to every enemy type, not just scrota. The attack dealt while invisible will deal bonus damage, losing invis won't mean the the attack won't deal bonus damage.

It's like the backstab ability. The attack will deal bonus damage if you trigger it in the right condition.

Though I'm sure this won't affect scrota, just like WoL does not boost sword damage.

stb

The simplest explanation here, though, is that returning multiple at one time is just giving you multiple "rolls" at getting an exotic bounty, so it'd logically appear like it's related to turning in many at once. You're getting 2x-10x the rolls, so you're 2x-10x more likely to get one.

LTWood12

I should be around to either run sword or give some coaching for you/whoever to run some sword. What time were you thinking?

8:15-8:30 CDT. That sounds great Doc.

LTWood12
Drizzay
Macello (Just saw your post)
T-44 (Maybe)
Ichabod (Maybe)
HidingMyThunder (Maybe)

I think it'll be easy for us to round out a crew w/ everyone jumping back on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom