• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyun Sai

I just asked for the 19th off ooooo yeah!

That's 2, now we need Messiek and Rubenov, Commish, and one more? Hyunsai? Common Dan, Macello?

Crazy.... setting up raid day a month in advance.....lol

Heeh, I can take my tuesday, but let's be sure there is really a new raid launching that day lol...

Either way I'll be back next week to get my reflexes / sensations back and be in shape for the new challenges. After nearly 2 months I must be a little rusty.

lt519

I'm not totally sold on a Horde mode if that is the case ):

I think it'll be too easy to cheese/overpower and then won't be fun to play through again. That or it'll just be so artificially difficult (level wise) it won't be that fun. I still have fun playing through VoG and CE because the mechanics go beyond just fighting.

I can see people just finding a spot to sit and snipe from with Ice Breaker or a team of 6 with ballerhorns just wrecking it.

Edit: Didn't they also not open up the raid last time until a week after release? I wouldn't put in for days off work just yet.

Frostburn

I'm fine with a Horde mode but it would have to be more interactive then it is in some story missions which basically have us play horde mode while we wait for Dinklebot to open a door. I'd be sad if a real raid wasn't included but the release of new info time table they included on the site has me holding out hope!

Also patch today!

I've wanted a Horde mode since forever, but...

86822-not-like-this-gif-perfect-loop-pD6b.gif

Did the VoG team start on Destiny 2 as soon as Destiny launched? They just gave up.

If anybody needs me I'll be sitting in a corner staring at the wall, repeating the phrase "arena activity" over and over....

LTWood12

I'm expecting the Arena to be "raid-like" in some way even if it isn't called a raid per se. We know that there is the equivalent of raid gear for this expansion. Something fresh could be cool.

noomi

Okay I'll call off too. Consider it done!

Awesome! The team rides again!

You are missing the point. All indications are there is no new raid for HoW, but instead a new "activity" that appears to be a horde mode.

I get it, but WHAT RAID? Don't waste your day off :p

Heeh, I can take my tuesday, but let's be sure there is really a new raid launching that day lol...

Either way I'll be back next week to get my reflexes / sensations back and be in shape for the new challenges. After nearly 2 months I must be a little rusty.

Whaaaaaaaat, I didn't even think there was any speculation that a new raid wouldn't be released.... but hey it's Destiny after all right? Anything could happen.

Seriously though, I'll be incredibly surprised if "the raid" isn't released on the 19th....

As for taking the day off, I'm just locking it in now before someone else takes it, I can always change my mind and come into work to get paid ;)

Yeah, though my expectations are tempered there since they did not list any of them.

They didn't mention anything specifically about which bugs they'd be fixing but they did bring up the raid stuff in the 4.2.15 weekly update. Also, if you search their Help section they specifically mention the following about Crota's End:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/12646

IS BUNGIE AWARE OF THE ISSUES WITH CROTA'S END?

We are aware of the issues players have encountered when playing through the Crota's End Raid and are actively investigating. A list of the most commonly known issues can be found below:

· The sword that drops from the Swordbearer during the Crota fight can sometimes disappear.

· Crota can get up early and kill the sword-carrier unexpectedly.

SO i'm hoping these two get fixed. I may actually be able to run sword on HM now.

86822-not-like-this-gif-perfect-loop-pD6b.gif

Did the VoG team start on Destiny 2 as soon as Destiny launched? They just gave up.

If anybody needs me I'll be sitting in a corner staring at the wall, repeating the phrase "arena activity" over and over....

I was about to post if Drizzay was ok.

You can cry on my shoulder.

stb

So I watched the trailer.

It's good for setting up what story there will be, but I have a feeling that it's basically 100% of the story. HoW betrayed Queen. Queen pissed. Queen uses Guardians as bounty hunters. I'm really not expecting a plot twist like the HoW are actually "good guys" now, and it was the Queen that betrayed them, etc. Anything but the obvious.

Unfortunately, this "story" also made me realize how incredibly likely it seems that the reason the "Queens Wrath" event hasn't come back is because it IS the "Eris" bounty vendor for HoW, not a special event.

This makes me sad. We need more occasional events, and definitely at least one that is PVE.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

Lol. No raid sounds like a real bummer but I wanna see what the new horde mode is like.

When can I expect my first?

Have two 31s and a 30, completed a ton of bounties, have a bunch of raids under my belt, but no missive.

Any ideas?

I was about to post if Drizzay was ok.

You can cry on my shoulder.

lol thanks for looking out for me buddy :)

In the spirit of "wait and see," it wouldn't be an unprecedented level of PR miscommunication for their official press release to accidentally omit the word Raid when it was actually a raid.

Sure, let's go with that for now.

Have two 31s and a 30, completed a ton of bounties, have a bunch of raids under my belt, but no missive.

Any ideas?

RNG is R. No guarantees. Afaik there's a small random chance of any bounty you turn in triggering an exotic bounty missive. Not related to your level, raid completions or anything else. Turn in more bounties for more chances, even Eris bounties can trigger an exotic one to pick up from the main guy.

No idea how many exotic bounties I've received in my career, but it's easily 20+. I'm ~130 Nightfall fusion rifle kills away from having all 5 exotic bounties finished and ready to turn in for the higher attack rating once HoW drops.

noomi

Any ideas?

Completely random actually.

I get them every so often, it cycles between different ones too so you might not even get the one you want :(

I've only ever had Bad Juju, Thorn and Invective bounties. None of the others ever turn up :(

In my experience, these are the 3 most common ones, Thorn being the most common.

If you want to trigger SGA and PI bounties, try to have the other 3 exotic bounties in your inventory; that seems to help in triggering a different bounty the next time you get an exotic missive.

cilonen

Just keep on turning in bounties and pray to RNG.

No guarantees but turning in multiple bounties at the same time seems to trigger the exotic bounty missive.

Yeah, it seems like I get them when I turn in a bunch I've been saving for a few days all at the same time,

HigXx

In my experience, these are the 3 most common ones, Thorn being the most common.

If you want to trigger SGA and PI bounties, try to have the other 3 exotic bounties in your inventory; that seems to help in triggering a different bounty the next time you get an exotic missive.

I had all 3 on the go and got another missive, but it wouldn't open til I completed one and it turned out to be those 3 bounties again haha

What have I done?

You're a monster. More accurately Bungie is the monster for making your joke post a reality.

Horde mode will be fun. I'm not expecting any mechanical complexity though; the word choice of "arena activity" over raid is hard to read any other way. Raid specifically means a more intricate team based activity, hence no match making, etc. By extension, I take the absence of the word to mean relative simplicity.

Shito

No guarantees but turning in multiple bounties at the same time seems to trigger the exotic bounty missive.
I'm amazed this is still a thing. ^^
This is just a random chance each time you turn in a bounty, it's totally independent of how much you return at the same time.
I actually got more exotic bounties showing up from a single bounty than from a pack of them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom