• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

rNilla

Just:
q0vpmXh.png

I've been very close to importing one of these. Love that black / hot pink combo.

edit: lol DJ, I knew it looked familiar....

Well, engrams do tend to pop more by killing mobs quickly.

Kill 10 thralls one by one and you may get one green/blue engram.

Kill 10 thralls in quick succession with a super/heavy and they almost always tend to drop more than one engram, and higher quality ones. I've seen this enough times to believe this is not pure RNG.

Yeah there seems to be a connection with how the ammo drops are generated as well. I've seen enough Fist of Havoc/Nova Bomb Abyss multi-kills that chained 5+ heavy ammo drops, without Ruin Wings, to believe there's something to it.

I've said it before, but I'm going to be pretty pissed if that exotic Warlock helm and gloves aren't placeholder. I'm also pretty sure the Purifier Robes is a recolor of this:

w5dACTT.png

Which I bet is the Crucible vendor chest.

stb

Well, engrams do tend to pop more by killing mobs quickly.

Kill 10 thralls one by one and you may get one green/blue engram.

Kill 10 thralls in quick succession with a super/heavy and they almost always tend to drop more than one engram, and higher quality ones. I've seen this enough times to believe this is not pure RNG.

... this is a good point, though. I've observed this, too.

I did a science experiment in 6th grade. I flipped a coin 100 times to see the results. It came up almost exactly 50/50, but it was never heads-tails-heads-tails. It was always streaks. Heads-heads-heads-tails-heads. Tails-tails-heads-tails-tails. Things like this.

RNG? When it rains it pours? All I know is, I'm either swimming in new exotics, or I'm parched. Ruin Wings either rain purple or rain nothing.

Hope I start swimming in Hawkmoons soon . . .

None of those Titan items would make me want to switch from Helm Of St. 14

The gauntlets I can see being pretty useful, depending on the damage. Get meleed do AoE damage, then you melee them back (Discharge) for more AoE! Helm looks cool, but the other Titan helms have it beat. The leggings are just lol though, way too situational to be useful.

edit: lol DJ, I knew it looked familiar....

Yeah there seems to be a connection with how the ammo drops are generated as well. I've seen enough Fist of Havoc/Nova Bomb Abyss multi-kills that chained 5+ heavy ammo drops, without Ruin Wings, to believe there's something to it.

Exactly. In fist of crota mission, try to kill cursed thralls one by one and kill them at the same time.

If you kill one by one, 1-2 may drop ammo. Kill them at the same time and they all drop the same ammo type at the same time.

I'll be a bit surprised when those Titan and Warlock helmets are the final models. They both seem like temp models.

im pretty sure i got like 10 of those warlock helmets ready to be broken down for mats.
that shotgun also reminds me of the glados potato from portal 2 lol

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I can't wait for the inevitable cheesing with bubble bros, ground pounders, icebreaker campers, unlimited nova bombs, gjallarhorns and so on.

I hope it's structured really well or it could end in a disaster.

The water reflections probably would have melted PS3s and 360s.

Blargh, I always forget this Achilles heel. I'm willing to bet/hoping people will realize how much current gen Destiny was held back by last gen once Destiny 2 launches.

Is it just me or has the "cross-gen" transition time lasted reeeaally long this gen?

The attack dealt while invisible will deal bonus damage, losing invis won't mean the the attack won't deal bonus damage.

Hmm yeah good point, but too early to know for sure like you said. Of course the biggest sword damage boost will be the level cap...

..and one is exclusive to Playstation.

guessing, don't know for sure
Actually, they never put the PS exclusive stuff in these trailers. That's why they still say one new strike for Dark Below, etc. This time, if the previous information holds up, we're getting an exclusive multiplayer map. If there's an exclusive exotic, I bet it hasn't leaked.

I can't wait for the inevitable cheesing with bubble bros, ground pounders, icebreaker campers, unlimited nova bombs, gjallarhorns and so on.

yeah i dunno im a little confused as to how they would balance this properly

if there is a way to hide from enemies surely people will just play it like a nightfall hiding and popping out shots at enemies?

Actually, they never put the PS exclusive stuff in these trailers. That's why they still say one new strike for Dark Below, etc. This time, if the previous information holds up, we're getting an exclusive multiplayer map. If there's an exclusive exotic, I bet it hasn't leaked.

I bet it's an exotic pulse rifle that shoots seeking bolts like the fallen weapons.

DO IT BUNGIE

Just saw they have one on Amazon with Prime for $200. I paid about $174 for it in China, so now I don't feel special.

Are you trying to tell me the PS Vita is not a highly prized piece of technology demanding exorbitant import prices? Blasphemy. I can't even find the Vita in American stores, they must be popular!

if it is in fact a hoard mode I fully expect O.helm badjuju builds to be really op along with titan strikers clearing massive room for a hunter to come in golden gun a big dude.

the more I think about it, the more i like the sounds of it.

FyreWulff

i don't see snow happening. if Bungie already feels that last-gen machines are getting overly taxed by the game, managing "extraneous" particle physics like rain/snow/precipitation would definitely send the last-gen machines over the brink to be lost in time....

They already had a full particle / weather system running on the 360 in Reach. They can pull it off if they want to

if there is a way to hide from enemies surely people will just play it like a nightfall hiding and popping out shots at enemies?

They could just have timed phases to kill all enemies or 1+ "target" enemies before an auto-wipe, like the DSinger phase.

vctor182

Awe we all speculating that there won't be a new raid based on press release or has bungie made an official statement? If the former then, somebody ask them on twitter I can't work like this!!!

Would it be possible for future expansions to only be for the current generation? Or will they still be constrained by the previous gen due to the base game code?

Would it be possible for future expansions to only be for the current generation? Or will they still be constrained by the previous gen due to the base game code?

Destiny 1 expansions will be on both gens.

Another topper, here's a leak from HoW back in the day:

house-of-wolves-banner-cropped.jpg

Clear mention of RAID. But no mention of any Arena mode.

So, either Arena = Raid or Arena replaces Raid.

Hope we get both Arena and Raid.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

if it is in fact a hoard mode I fully expect O.helm badjuju builds to be really op along with titan strikers clearing massive room for a hunter to come in golden gun a big dude.

the more I think about it, the more i like the sounds of it.
It certainly has the potential to be extremely chaotic and that's something that sounds like a lot of fun.

Deku Tree

Awe we all speculating that there won't be a new raid based on press release or has bungie made an official statement? If the former then, somebody ask them on twitter I can't work like this!!!

Everyone on Twitter is trying to get this info out of Bungie including Datto. So far Bunige is not talking.

Gordon

i don't see snow happening. if Bungie already feels that last-gen machines are getting overly taxed by the game, managing "extraneous" particle physics like rain/snow/precipitation would definitely send the last-gen machines over the brink to be lost in time....
As a 360 player let me just say we would be fine with no particles and just a snowy looking map. It doesn't need to be actively snowing.
Oh, and instead of making a small increase to vault space and blaming it on old gen systems, you could just have some sort of coherent sorting system and display items onscreen by item type, making a limit of 20 onscreen at one time add up to 280 slots just for weapons and armour if you have a submenu for each weapon subtype (eg. Guardian://Weapons/Primary/Hand Cannons/) and each armour slot. And maybe store a copy of the inventory on my system and just do a hashcheck when I open it because at the moment it feels like you have it written down somewhere and have to go pull my file every time I open my menu lol

Wow that preview of the Exotics armor is pretty disappointing.. well at least for the Warlock. All those are just a different color of Armor we already have.. shame

Gala

Got to 26, anyone up for the 28 version of the weekly heroic strike?

Ruthless, can I get the gorgon chest really quick?

They already had a full particle / weather system running on the 360 in Reach. They can pull it off if they want to

It's not the hardware limitations, it's the production cost limitations. They aren't making new stuff and it wasn't snowing in Terminus or the Traitor's Ketch last time I visited. The Arena doesn't sound "snowy" but there's always a possibility I guess.

This trailer is the same as the TDB one: pure hype. Not directly related to in-game content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom