• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
They already had a full particle / weather system running on the 360 in Reach. They can pull it off if they want to

likewise, in PS3. the water looked amazing. but, factor in the new-gen consoles, and the fact that Bungie had to turn off features in a fairly static window (the vault) in order to expand its capacity, i think it's fair to extrapolate that the last-gen systems are truly keeping the environments/features of Destiny firmly rooted therein.

Yes it seems to help but is not guaranteed. RNG gonna RNG.

Top of the page! Here's another look at the exotics to grind for in HoW.

maxresdefault.jpg

Destiny-House-of-wolves-exotics.jpg

speaking of reskinned gear those titan boots look pretty similar to the VoG boots

KSgT9hv.jpg

they sound lame anyway so whatever.. more shoulder charge damage in air? its already a 1 hit kill in pvp

shamanick

I really, really hate that they're being coy about the raid. Just tell us what's happening, and if I'm playing the expansion or not (horde mode sounds about as fun as doing the wakening for the billionth time).

Why am I getting the impression that HoW won't last us till anywhere near the release of Comet.

If it is a horde mode I will probably get bored of it a helluva lot quicker. Why can't they just up the difficulty on existing raids in line with the new level cap and buff the armour to one below the max light limit.

Edit.
What if the arena is the raid. Then upon completion you get the horde mode. Or maybe the start is a horde mode and the raid only unlocks if you survive so far. Think of it is the plates section at the start of VoG.

ocean

Banned
In their favor: an Arena with dynamic challenges would offer enormous flexibility. Far more than Daily Heroic missions where all they can change are a few modifiers. Patrol is stale as all hell, nothing ever changes.

If this Arena gives us new challenges regularly it might prove to be what the endgame needed. That fresh experience that can feel new more often and could have quelled the grilling this game got at launch for repetitiveness.

In their favor: an Arena with dynamic challenges would offer enormous flexibility. Far more than Daily Heroic missions where all they can change are a few modifiers. Patrol is stale as all hell, nothing ever changes.

If this Arena gives us new challenges regularly it might prove to be what the endgame needed. That fresh experience that can feel new more often and could have quelled the grilling this game got at launch for repetitiveness.

..and regular loot drops like strike playlist, not once a week like raids. That for me will make up for the lack of a raid.

FyreWulff

likewise, in PS3. the water looked amazing. but, factor in the new-gen consoles, and the fact that Bungie had to turn off features in a fairly static window (the vault) in order to expand its capacity, i think it's fair to extrapolate that the last-gen systems are truly keeping the environments/features of Destiny firmly rooted therein.

Unless it's a gameplay element, one of the designers for Destiny has said that on PS3, they prioritize performance over pretties where needed.

They don't attempt 100% visual parity or complexity. Even the Skullfort animates more slowly on PS3 than PS4.

I really, really hate that they're being coy about the raid. Just tell us what's happening, and if I'm playing the expansion or not (horde mode sounds about as fun as doing the wakening for the billionth time).

its something new. I can also imagine alot more yelling this time around than in previous raids.

fake edit: you avatar made me feel drunk

Mindlog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b609DPkjM9M

Planet Destiny: Complete HoW Trailer Breakdown

Don't watch. Waste of time.
0:00 ESRB TEEN!
0:06 Snowdrift scene. High quality almost reminds me of Blur.
0:18 Fallen with a Servitor. Queen Narrating.
0:40 Nothing's happening.
1:00 Nothing's happening.
1:20 Nothing's happening.
1:25 Open the reef?
1:40 That's it. Ooooh boy, a lot of pissed off people.

Really wish this tease video had a little more oomph. The only oomph it had was the kick in the genitals variety when they name-drop the free single-player content we've been missing since its first premature release September 23.

BuzzJive

As somebody who still regularly plays PvP, I'm really wanting more details about the new Crucible mode and the new maps. My hopes are high for Arena Mode to be something a bit unique and interesting too, but I think even if it isn't anything that special it'll still be fun.

RetroMG

I still love the idea of the Arena being a boss rush with various fallen baddies who were trapped in the Prison of Elders, each one having it's own strategies, weaknesses and abilities.

Yeah, it's probably going to be Horde mode, but I can dream, right?

...right?

ill keep my fallen hype for the time being, for now, its time to material and mark hoard in preperation

Yeah, I'm still excited too. New content is always a good thing for this game. It's just a bad first impression for now.

I wouldn't put it past Bungie to accidentally mislead everyone with the "arena activity" language when it's still a Raid. Including all their E3 pre-release hype BS, it wouldn't even rank as one of their worst communication blunders to date.

0:00 ESRB TEEN!
0:06 Snowdrift scene. High quality almost reminds me of Blur.
0:18 Fallen with a Servitor. Queen Narrating.
0:40 Nothing's happening.
1:00 Nothing's happening.
1:20 Nothing's happening.
1:25 Open the reef?
1:40 That's it. Ooooh boy, a lot of pissed off people.

Really wish this tease video had a little more oomph. The only oomph it had was the kick in the genitals variety when they name-drop the free single-player content we've been missing since its first premature release September 23.

its starting to make me think the only reason they released it back then was to fake hype us for regualr events and to also throw us a bone to help us get over the 24 hump. but makes no sense becuase they took away the ability to break it down into ass mats.
what the fuck were they thinking then. how could they not give us anything PVE related since?

I really dont get the reasoning

I still love the idea of the Arena being a boss rush with various fallen baddies who were trapped in the Prison of Elders, each one having it's own strategies, weaknesses and abilities.

Yeah, it's probably going to be Horde mode, but I can dream, right?

...right?

oh man, you just got me pumped. what if its actually takes place in a prison after a breakout. it has multiple boss fights. and at some poijt we fight an archon priest, a mega captian

and then, silly old randal the vandal. and hes riding a gaint shank!

oh, randal. what crazy hi-jinks will you get into next

No need to get anxious, they are going to make us wait and will answer our questions twice every week:

Iatrqrf.png

For Expansion I, those icons turned into:

-New Weapons Armor and Gear
-New Light Level Cap Raised to 32
-New Cooperative Strike
-3 New Multiplayer Arenas
-New Story Missions
-New Six Player Raid

...hopefully we don't have to wait until 5-08 to get the Raid/No Raid confirmation. Seems unlikely.

Deku Tree

For Expansion I, those icons turned into:

-New Weapons Armor and Gear
-New Light Level Cap Raised to 32
-New Cooperative Strike
-3 New Multiplayer Arenas
-New Story Missions
-New Six Player Raid

...hopefully we don't have to wait until 5-08 to get the Raid/No Raid confirmation. Seems unlikely.

Yup I think they are going to turn into the same things but with more details about each. I hope that with all the questions being asked then Bungie will decide to explain a bit more about the "Prison of Elders" (where Archon Priest Aksor was previously a prisoner) and the "Arena" and whether or not it is a Raid or a Horde mode or something else before 5/8.

Deku Tree

From an earlier leaked image it looks like there will be angry, lightswitch and juggler enabled. Hoo boy.

BZ5kfWB.jpg

It also used to give out Ascendant Mats? Lolz.

Get ready for Lightswitch with Stealth Vandals on Hardmode with no-revives and level 35 Stealth Vandals when your max level is 34 !!!

hydruxo

Wow that preview of the Exotics armor is pretty disappointing.. well at least for the Warlock. All those are just a different color of Armor we already have.. shame

The perks on the Warlock armor pieces sound great though. Particularly the Ram, blinding people in PVP after rezzing is going to be lots of fun.

Anastasis

From an earlier leaked image it looks like there will be angry, lightswitch and juggler enabled. Hoo boy.

BZ5kfWB.jpg

The reef would make a good location for an ever evolving "hunt". Keep warping around to different locations in the reef rushing after the boss until there's a showdown.

Agreed, it is one thing to be coy about what is coming, but completely different to stay mum on whatvis not coming. No reason they can't just say, activity X is not planned.

CE has a pseudo-angry modifier for at least the Sword Bearer. There's a timed cooldown on his stagger so he won't respond to rapid succession BHammering. For w/e that's worth.

Is there really a patch today or was it maintenance?

No idea if it's related but they did tweet this earlier in the week:

This weekend, Bungie might be testing Destiny Update 1.1.2 in a private test environment we've nicknamed 7th Column. Pardon our dust.

Of course it's not the weekend anymore but maybe the test was delayed. Deej said he was going to give an announcement for the new patch release date so I'm guessing we don't have the official word yet.

I kind of assume that the arena thing is the raid. My bet is it might include a couple modes, one being a 3 player horde mode or something and another being a 6 player raid. Kind of like the Argent Coliseum stuff for WoW back in Wrath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom